• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Speculation Thread

Thing is, You can't really cheat on MMORPG.

Yeah you can, so long as you don't get caught. And with some of the US companies running MMOs these days, chances are you won't get caught. =3=

Uh, no. The game has always started that you are a trainer starting his journey. Most kids in pokemon world start their journey when their 10, so the game shows this, its not going to change, or I really cannot see it changing.

Dude, it's not like I'm forcing the idea onto the game creators themselves. I know it's not gonna happen, it's just a suggestion. Somebody said that only a 3D game could handle that....well, here's something:

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/19860/

If the Generation V games are going to be made on this, well....I think that could apply, IMO.

What about there will be restaurants(presumably PokeCenters), and you have to stop to eat and sleep. And, I would like to have a traveling partner. A computer controlled one. but it would be really cool like over Wi-Fi, you can actually meet someone like your friend that's right next to you or over the internet and travel around the region.

What about there will be restaurants(presumably PokeCenters), and you have to stop to eat and sleep.

I'd actually prefer if it didn't have to affect your character's overall health. I had a hell of a time with that on Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked for my Wii. Instead of spending time exploring the island and trying to find a way off it, I spent more time feeding the character....'twas really frustrating, lol.

I did once think we needed hotels and diners. Maybe build them into the center like in the anime.

And I do want a permanent traveling partner. With an option to have wild battles be double or single.

Maybe have the alternate player become the partner.

And I do want a permanent traveling partner. With an option to have wild battles be double or single.

That'd be pretty cool too. But would they join you in battle only in double battles, or would they join you in all the battles?

Nah, I don't really want a partner. That seems to ... anime-ish to me. I've grown used to the fact that a ten year old boy sets out on an adventure on his own. And besides, I'd probably hate the partner after the third badge or so...

You mean for rival who isn't much of a rival? Like Brendan?

How would that work out?

Your character seems like a solitary kid to me. The who traveling thing seems like it should only happen once in the game for a special reason and never appear again.

Or maybe there could be the option of linking up with a friend and travelling through certain areas together, possibly optional multiplayer sidequests?

Maybe if you get tired of your partner, you can tell him/her to go wait at home or at the base or somewhere. I wouldn't mind a human partner traveling with the PC!

Maybe if you get tired of your partner, you can tell him/her to go wait at home or at the base or somewhere. I wouldn't mind a human partner traveling with the PC!

that would be very interesting.........

I want something that POKEMON trainers doing human battles.

Eg. Infernape commands Lucas to do a Roundhouse Kick move.
then Garchomp commands Cynthia to block the attack using Attract move.

=P

That would involve teaching your Pokemon how to speak English, and I doubt it could work... A scrawny kid couldn't do much damage against a full-grown adult, and it could bring unfortunate implications.

That would involve teaching your Pokemon how to speak English, and I doubt it could work... A scrawny kid couldn't do much damage against a full-grown adult, and it could bring unfortunate implications.

Arceuso uses Shotgun. Cythnia fainted. What causes so?

I would prefer if we didn't have a partner. They tried that in Collo and it wasn't too pretty. Rui annoyed the living hell out of me.

Plus, the player characters are solitary and anti-social, look at Red for example. Tag-partners are alright, but a permanent-partner? Only if it was during a multiplayer mode would it work out.

Well, why not. Why not have a wifi link where people can travel with each other?

I would prefer if we didn't have a partner. They tried that in Collo and it wasn't too pretty. Rui annoyed the living hell out of me.

Plus, the player characters are solitary and anti-social, look at Red for example. Tag-partners are alright, but a permanent-partner? Only if it was during a multiplayer mode would it work out.

Well, when you put it in that way it's not a good idea. But, times are changing. Maybe Gen VI or VII? If it goes that far.

Arceuso uses Shotgun. Cythnia fainted. What causes so?

No, no, I meant like...well, that "attract" example. ^^; Adult Shirona using "Attract" on 10-12-year-old-DPPt hero. Like, she's hitting on the hero so he won't attack her. I don't mind shota, but I'm sure other fans woudn't like it, and neither would their parents.

Combine that with attacks like "Sweet Kiss", "Lick", "Wrap", or well... "Flash", I can see battles turning squicky in one's mind. Especially with the protagonist being 10-12.

Hopefully starters that aren't stupid. I didn't like any of the Sinnoh starters and I stayed at the starter selection screen for almost an hour when I got Diamond.

Nostaliga goggles much? I bet if those same starters appeared 14 years ago, you'd clamor all over them. Besides, all the starters of this generation are real powerful. Geez, I mean, Infernape has the potential to have Slack Off, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Fake Out, etc...

Back
Top Bottom