• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Speculation Thread

Arceuso uses Shotgun attack! Its Super Effective! Fanvisu fainted.

For the plot higher up, What if you are an expert, but you get team stolen. ! This would be out of box, not from other game, so I'd be like a post game reward of Beldum, Totidile, etc. Plus, I'd be motivation to kick the villians' arse!

Arceuso uses Recover.

We should have a game forum for this. Anyway, I thought of a great idea. If the next handheld can store data like this, thenwe should have a Box-like device. It can store many on it, and has the ability to move any pokemon to any other game of stick. Also works as othher Gts, and may be diegned to have 17 stylistic differences.
If I didn't get this across, may plug into computer.

It's obvious it will take place in the region where the Shinto Ruins lie. Also, it's very plausible that it will be in full-3D. About the types,I don't want them to create a new type (and I doubt they will), but the types could use some balance.

I would like to see a female rival or a choice to choose their gender (the other would still appear in the story).

They been on about making a new type called light since generation II

Rather than have Gen V thread after thread pop up, i would rather have the conversations and speculation in one thread.
the Following Threads already speculate over Generation V

Any Hopes for a 5th Gen

Legendary Evolutions in 5th Gen?

Yet Another Gen V Thread

Why there won't be any pokemon after Arceus

Idea's for 5th Gen abilities

Please post all speculation about Gen V within this thread, than spread it out among multiple threads.

Some things I'd like to see in Gen V:

1. I'd like 150, give or take, brand new pokemon. No more carry overs like geodude and tentacool. This doesn't exclude new evolutions on existing pokemon, but they'd have to be transported in from Gen IV. I'd love to see a huge, Ent-like second evolution of bonsly, or a Kraken-like second evolution of remoraid.

2. A Wii incorporated version. 3 DS games is good, but 1 or 2 DS + 1 Wii would be better.

3. Going with that, a set up similar to Colosseum/XD would be nice for the Wii version. Running around a great big region in 3D is preferred to a 2D landscape.

4. Going with THAT, the hunt for legendary pokemon should be a lesson in patience. I'm thinking of an ice/dragon type who only lurks in the highest, snow-covered mountains. The player would have to prepare for the journey by purchasing supplies (camping gear, food, clothing, etc). With challenges along the way, it should take a few days to several days to reach the top and fight the legendary. This would be much better on the Wii than the DS.

5. I'd love to see Team Rocket brought back into the picture, if only in their current role as spectators/occasional adversaries as they are in the cartoon, mainly because I want to fight their crazy contraptions. An underwater battle against their Magikarp sub or aerial battle against their Meowth balloon would be very satisfying. Again, this would be better on the Wii.

6. A Z-target system for pokemon attacks. Instead of the one-turn-at-a-time routine, how about controlling the pokemon as it battles as though it were the main character. Since there's only four moves allowed, there are sufficient buttons on the Wii remote to accomodate this. Imagine running around a field thundershocking flying types and actually diving underwater to attach from below. Kick @$$. During such battles, instructions could come from the trainer (you normally) and if followed immediately, extra effects could happen, such as higher attack or bonus points, or something.

7. HM's: I hate too many HM's. I'd like to see Defog go away completely, and I'd like to see Strength become a status move, raising attack or something. Plus I don't like both Strength and Rock Smash. Too similar. And why can't Fly have a 100% accuracy?

8. Would it be possible to have something like a merge stone created? It would come in types (water merge stone, ghost merge stone) and the effect would be to replace the pokemon's secondary type or be an addition to a main type, with whatever type the merge stone was. For example, if you used a fire merge stone on a psyduck, you'd have a water/fire type psyduck, which would have to look different and learn different moves. Basically you'd have the potential for thousands of new pokemon. I'm sure this is just a dream of mine, and will never be reality...

Last edited:
evobaby, one thing.

The anime is not the games.

You have some ideas, but they go against the entire formula that makes up pokemon.

I'm probably not the only one hoping for really challenging routes. Some routes today might be somewhat long, but not really if you think about it. It's usually the trainers that takes time. I'm hoping for routes that does take more than one minute to bike through when you've done the trainers (perhaps getting Fly early on to compensate for this). Also, I get the feeling that along many long routes, there's often a place to heal your pokémon. How convenient... I think these should be axed if the route doesn't take way too long to complete. Make you want to buy items (at least this applies to me...). And get rid of Rock Climb too.

And more varied forests and stuff. We've had one kinda jungle, but we've never had a jungle like Viridian Forest. A place were you can catch typical jungle-pokémon. And a new bat-pokémon. It won't happen, but I'm sure am sick of only meeting Zubats and Geodudes in caves for four generations...

Yeah, I'd like longer, harder routes...

Okay, that sounded wrong.

But I like the jungle idea. Maybe put a lake and a couple caves and a waterfall... hmm, I should make one.

evobaby, one thing.

The anime is not the games.

You have some ideas, but they go against the entire formula that makes up pokemon.

I agree with you in part, but nothing stays the same forever. I imagine after a while, if we see more and more generations of pokmeon games, things will change.

Perhaps I'm a visionary. Perhaps I'm a fool. It's hard to tell the difference these days...

And more varied forests and stuff. We've had one kinda jungle, but we've never had a jungle like Viridian Forest. A place were you can catch typical jungle-pokémon. And a new bat-pokémon. It won't happen, but I'm sure am sick of only meeting Zubats and Geodudes in caves for four generations...

This is, to be honest, the only thing I'm really hoping for with gen5. If they deliver, I honestly won't care about the rest of the stuff that would be cool to add. Zubat/Geodude need to go. :|

I've come to like the battle-style as it is, and I doubt they'll change it very much any time soon. It could perhaps use some fine-tuning, but nothing revolutionary.

But I like the jungle idea. Maybe put a lake and a couple caves and a waterfall... hmm, I should make one.

A vast jungle with caves inside, and a river with waterfalls. I like that.

I think that like the posts above that they should start fresh, but add more new things. I mean according to some R/B/G/Y/FR/LG & R/S/E take place around the same time, and same with G/S/C/HG/SS & D/P/PT. So I think its about time we move forward instead of staying in the past, so I was thinking a new region with no characters appearing from previous generations(I'm talking to you Oak), completely new pokemon with old pokemon getting a few new evolutions with some of the old 493 being catchable after E4 and national dex(But you could trade your old pokemon from D/P/PT/HG/SS, and lastly new enviroments, ex the starting town could be on an island, and then you travel to the other end of the island beat the first gym leader and travel to the mainland to continue your adventure, or maybe underwater ruins, possibly as a enemy team base it could be a floating fortress.

Also I would like to see multiple pathways like someone mentioned before, where you can take one of three paths: Gyms, Contests, or Pokeathlon. Each leading to their own respective ending things, but you could always afterwards or during the game try other paths. Just my two cents.

I would like to see gamefreak do what capcom did for a while. Back in the day, when I was younger, Capcom held contests to design the Robot Masters in the original Mega Man series games. I'd like to see Game Freak ask fans to send in designs for new pokemon and have a contest to choose a few of the fans send in to be pokemon in Gen 5. That would be interesting as I've seen some brilliant Fan-made pokemon as well as many more crappy ones.

I'd like to see Game Freak ask fans to send in designs for new pokemon and have a contest to choose a few of the fans send in to be pokemon in Gen 5.

That, I'd definately like to see. I've also ran across some really good fanmade designs that I think would be near perfect for it.

I agree. There are so many fans, there's bound to be at least 150 good designs.

Kinda like in the Kirby anime, where they used designs made by viewers. (seriously, Water Kirby?) It could make things real interesting...but they better have a lot of time on their hands if they do, that will be a LOT of entries. D8

I can kind of except that idea with about half the Gen III pokemon and maybe giratina.

i think in gen v they shoudl let u have moar than one save file. :D

i think in gen v they shoudl let u have moar than one save file. :D

Probably won't happen as they'd have to increase the cartridge memory capabilities around 5 times for more than one save file if you add in the obvious increase in pokedex, increase in number of items, new attacks, new abilities, possibility of new formes for multiform pokemon, it's not probable that they would have multiple save files...

Back
Top Bottom