• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Speculation Thread

Combine that with attacks like "Sweet Kiss", "Lick", "Wrap", or well... "Flash", I can see battles turning squicky in one's mind. Especially with the protagonist being 10-12.

xD The shippers would be happy. And some slash shippers not so much. [size=-10]Like me.[/size] Eusine used Attract! But it failed! *choked*

"Lick" and "Wrap" could be hilarious.

I think the the psy/fight/dark COULD work (gets trampled). But it starts off with the normal fire/grass/water thing, you go through the game and the eight gyms like normal. The elite four are on some island far off, and you must take a boat to get there (your rival is there too). Something happens, like a storm or the bad guys plot and the boat sinks or something, and you lose your pokemon team and are unable to reach a PC. Then when you find yourself on land, theres some old guy or a professor who's researching pokemon and has the three dark/psy/fight pokemon, and you chose a new starter because you lost your team and can't get to a PC.
you work up a new team and when you finally reach the elite four, you find your pokemon and a PC so that you can choose who you want.
As for the psychic can't do anything at all to the dark, it can just have a selection of non-psychic moves.
Sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes.

He didn't say anything about losing the team permanently, just until you find a pc

It does sound like an interesting plot line, but yeah, losing pokemon still doesn't sound fun.

It does sound like an interesting plot line, but yeah, losing pokemon still doesn't sound fun.

"NO! NOT CHLOE AND VICTOR! THEY WERE IN LOVE!

Here, take Simon and Alisa. They're expendable."

That's what my reaction would be.

lol Gen V will create the elastic pokemon form!

xD The shippers would be happy. And some slash shippers not so much. [size=-10]Like me.[/size] Eusine used Attract! But it failed! *choked*

"Lick" and "Wrap" could be hilarious.

>///> If the hot sexy villainous team leader decided to attack like that...

Dear god, that would be fetish fuel at it's finest! Pokemon would finally get it's own T rating!

>///> If the hot sexy villainous team leader decided to attack like that...

Dear god, that would be fetish fuel at it's finest! Pokemon would finally get it's own T rating!

Arceuso uses Shotgun attack! Its Super Effective! Fanvisu fainted.

For the plot higher up, What if you are an expert, but you get team stolen. ! This would be out of box, not from other game, so I'd be like a post game reward of Beldum, Totidile, etc. Plus, I'd be motivation to kick the villians' arse!

Arceuso uses Recover.

"Generation V: Pokemon, The 2D Side-Scrolling Adventure!"

"In other news, millions of fans of the video game 'Pokey-man' committed murder-suicides in the streets..."

How about you instead put your pokemon in a pc at the last second, and the new island area has a whole seperate pc system and all seperate pokemon, so you have to switch whenever you went there and back until you found a way to link the PCs!

DCM, that is an awesome avatar! I was Calvin for Halloween!

Maybe it evolves from cub to wolf, and there's a special item that makes it werewolf-y at night. Shaymin, meet your darker counterpart.

Dual Type Moves.
Incompatibility with DS.
Expanded Trading system.

I've been thinking about this lately! I actually DON'T want it to happen, even though I know it will, because I really don't want to capture over 100 new Pokémon. 493 is already too much for me to handle.

BUT. If it did happen... Then I think it should have 150 new Pokémon, and EXCLUDE all of the 493 previous ones. Meaning that they would start the whole thing from the start. Also they should make MAJOR changes to the story. For example the whole 8 gyms and Elite 4 could be optional but the player would be able to go through Contests or Pokéthlon or something else rather than battling. So yeah, they would have to totally reinvent the whole game for it to be interesting any longer. I've heard so many people say (and I agree) that they didn't go for the whole 4th generation because it's just boring to always have even more Pokémon to catch and still the game to be mainly the same.

It would also be interesting if it happened on Earth rather than the Pokémon world...

They don't really have to do much. Battling is and has always been, fairly interesting. I kind of liked the addition of new Pokemon for every generation not because I could catch more, but because it evened out the playing field somewhat.

Game Freak has made major changes to the battling system and thus brought new levels of complexity and fun for battling for every generation. I don't think Gen V will be excluded - the creators have been known to like and stick religiously to formulas/checklists.

Somehow, I don't think that catching 'em all is going to be the main focus much longer. It's beginning to look like an afterthought or a remnant from when we first had 151 'mons. Yes, it's true that some people may not like having to catch them all, but you don't have to (IIRC, the reward for Gen IV was a rank-up for your Trainer Case. Wow). Personally, I don't as it clutters up my PC and am too lazy to release.

And as pointed out, there could be too many 'mons to casually catch 'em all. But when battling, I often wish there were better choices or even novel, interesting and fun roles for a party slot that I've thought of. That's also why there are so many speculation/wishlist threads on the next new 'mons and why CAP seems so interesting to me. There's always another angle of battling a 'mon could exploit. Game Freak could add those in. Game Freak does add those in.

Those two constantly-updated aspects are all the battling gets and really, all it needs anyway. That's why I think Game Freak has done pretty well to make each generation interesting to me.

Regarding the non-battling aspects of the mainstream games... I guess that's where more improvements could be made. They always seem as though they were sidetracked or something because most of them are getting rather old. The plot still unravels like an Excuse Plot. Contests have lost their appeal (pun not intended). What the Pokemon world does with Pokemon other than battling is never developed much.

I'm a casual gamer as much I am one of those Stop Having Fun Guys (ironically, it's really fun). While I think Game Freak is doing an excellent job battling-wise and sure hope they stick to that, I do find it disappointing that they're not fleshing out the 'something else rather than battling'. So far, the development goes something like three parts battling, one part non-battling. What I want is two parts of both. I think the other Pokemedia and the fandom has had some excellent ideas and some of these should be implemented. But it should not overcompensate for its current neglected state and shove battling out of the picture. So I'd keep all 493 'mons. But bring on the new stuff. Half for the casual guys and half for the hardcore ones.

That's my opinion on this anyway; I'm going too off-topic. As with all opinions, YMMV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom