• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Gijinka Project Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destructive Idiot

It is I: ME!
Reaction score
Anyways, I decided I ought to try to make this a thing again. I'll post a few villains in about a day.

I intend to start the RP up either in a couple of days or after a week; I'd like others' suggestions on what I should do, how long I ought to spend waiting for Sign Ups, and how many people I should wait for. Also, what do you think about giving Gijinka and Pokémon moves that they were only able to learn in earlier Gens that are no longer compatible with their current moves (do you agree or disagree with it)?

I suppose we'll be using this to discuss various things for the roleplay, then.

So, does Jason expect Ave to know certain things (not to look in your opponent's direction when fleeing, using highly developed ears the track followers)? I mean, sure, she lives on her own and should naturally be on her guard, but she's still only ten years old.

I suppose we'll be using this to discuss various things for the roleplay, then.

So, does Jason expect Ave to know certain things (not to look in your opponent's direction when fleeing, using highly developed ears the track followers)? I mean, sure, she lives on her own and should naturally be on her guard, but she's still only ten years old.

He didn't expect her or anyone to know, which is why he asked them to not look back. He also thought she'd have been using them so everyone could know if there were soldiers pursuing them.

So, what should Nero's role in all this be? I could honestly see him joining the Military for the chance to perform more experiments, though staying with Shiraga is just as reasonable. I'll try to play by ear for now, but do you have any preferences?

So, what should Nero's role in all this be? I could honestly see him joining the Military for the chance to perform more experiments, though staying with Shiraga is just as reasonable. I'll try to play by ear for now, but do you have any preferences?

He ought to stay with Shiraga, although you could choose either if you'd like. If you do want to have him surrender to the Marines, he'd be a prisoner of war and it'd be a long time before he'd get to do anything (if he'd get to do anything; he wouldn't even know whether or not they'd take him alive). It's a lot safer to keep working with Project E.

If we got more Sign Ups, we could RP a few other things, such as the Project researchers' rescue attempt (which would allow Legendary Gijinka Sign Ups to be available a bit sooner), experiments awakening in hidden locations, and the surveillance that'll be carried out by one of the Deep Reconnaissance Platoons to identify certain targets and provide information for the 1st Platoon's infiltration mission.

Last edited:
Oh, hey, discussion thread. Kewl.

So, hi everybody (officially). I figure Topaz is going to act very animalistic because she's kinda been living in the wild for a long time... I hope that doesn't annoy anybody or anything.

Oh, hey, discussion thread. Kewl.

So, hi everybody (officially). I figure Topaz is going to act very animalistic because she's kinda been living in the wild for a long time... I hope that doesn't annoy anybody or anything.

Not in the slightest.

@Meow Wow: Something I just realized is that if a researcher was asleep or knocked out during the incursion, or feigning death, the 1st Platoon would have noticed and disposed of their "corpses" just for good measure. The only way a person who worked on the experiments who fled could have survived would be by running and hiding in a secure location while they broke into the lab. Or by escaping with Shiraga.

Last edited:
@Meow Wow: Something I just realized is that if a researcher was asleep or knocked out during the incursion, or feigning death, the 1st Platoon would have noticed and disposed of their "corpses" just for good measure. The only way a person who worked on the experiments who fled could have survived would be by running and hiding in a secure location while they broke into the lab. Or by escaping with Shiraga.

What about Nero? He hid in a locker.

What about Nero? He hid in a locker.

I'll get to that. I've just arranged a more proper introduction for @Meow Wow; I will have to make a new character immediately after I post it, though. Also, she misspelled "their" as "there" a few times. The word "their" means "of them" or belonging to them; "there" is for a place not immediate to someone.

Well, I'd hoped we'd get more characters before going through with this. The rescue attempt is going to begin soon and the Gijinka are about to leave the island. Sign Ups (at least for researchers and Gijinka) are probably going to be closed by tomorrow. They'll open up after at least a week.

Since my other sign-up was accepted, I'll go ahead and edit my post to include my Greninja gijinka. Do you think he should be hostile towards the others, or should he be something else towards them?

Since my other sign-up was accepted, I'll go ahead and edit my post to include my Greninja gijinka. Do you think he should be hostile towards the others, or should he be something else towards them?

Whatever you prefer. It would be reasonable for him to be indifferent to them until he hears about what happened at the lab, at which point he'll probably figure that he should try to help.

Also, if you feel that you've missed points and opportunities to post things during the RP, feel free to post your characters' actions at those points.

Last edited:
Just felt that Stardust_Trainer should know that Platoon Sergeants don't usually work with any of the teams (they're not assigned to a Squad; they're part of HQ), unless they're ordered to direct them or guide them somewhere by their Platoon Commanders.

I sorta want to make a Shedinja Gijinka, or at least add a Shedinja to Nero's team later. Is that okay?

I sorta want to make a Shedinja Gijinka, or at least add a Shedinja to Nero's team later. Is that okay?

No new characters 'til the island arc ends, but characters can have Pokémon in the regional PC Storage System that they could access whenever they find a Storage System-compatible computer, like at a workplace, at a public event, or in a Pokémon Center. Just PM up to 30 Pokémon in a Box that you'd like your character to have stored initially, and you can catch more plot-wise that I'll put in the Box until it's full (for up to 5 Boxes).

Last edited:
Hey @Heartist;, where do you think Kage should recognize Topaz from? Because I have no backstory for her aside from her time in the lab and subsequent abandonment.

Well, he grew up in the lab, so I think that's where he should remember her from, and vice versa.

@Seryu Ubiquitous: I decided I should let you know how much getting through the current arc with the least amount of confusion or mistakes possible depends on you, so I appreciate every post. You might have noticed that I went through a bit of trouble posting so that your character could chronologically catch up. It doesn't have to be a painstaking responsibility (you don't have to post a ton of walls of text or anything big; it'd just be nice if you posted a couple of sentences to describe what your character or his Pokémon did). Also, if you want, you could just edit your character's Sign Up to include a Shedinja. I approve of minor changes, as long as they don't break the rules or the consistency of the plot.

@Meow Wow: I know you haven't bothered to post much, but I thought that I should let you know that I arranged a situation in which you could introduce your character back in the surveillance room. You don't have to, though; if you want, you could just post that your character's been following the group of researchers the whole time. I'd also be thankful for any posts that would help the plot progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom