• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Gijinka Project Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stardust_Trainer: You do realize that Bisharp and Metagross have the same speed; right? Hammer Arm missing could be better explained by the fact that its target has a 10% chance to avoid being hit by it already; that they could evade the hit by stepping or rolling out of the way. Also, using Sucker Punch would've been wiser (something I just learned is that it works regardless of whether or not the target's move would hit). It's too late for that now, though, and it makes for a more amusing battle.

Oh cool thing to know, I didnt know that. Most of the time I thought Metagross was just so damn slow and could never try and win a fight with Bisharp. Yeah I suppose its too late now. But ill remember that.

Well, I just decided that common names are terrible to RP with, so I decided to use a name I'd planned on saving for someone more important.

@Seryu Ubiquitous: The reason Jon called Topaz and Kage's interaction a reunion was that they were both from the lab, and Kage claimed he might have recognized her.

Also, @Heartist: Shadow Sneak's an attacking move. It does make sense for a Greninja to be able to blend in with an environment or climb up the side of a crate, but it's not the attack that would enable it to do so.

Last edited:
O..K? So does Nero know of them? Don't know why you're mentioning me...

O..K? So does Nero know of them? Don't know why you're mentioning me...

*d'oh!*

Sorry; I meant to mention @Marius. And @Heartist: I just realized that Shadow Sneak would make a Greninja Ghost-type, so someone could reasonably argue that using that move would allow it to become invisible and intangible at will, but, seeing how it was the last move Kage used, he's already Ghost-type, so using it again would have no purpose; there's no target whatsoever.

@Truly Deceptive; Don't worry, I won't be using Shadow Sneak too much. He won't be forever invincible, anyway. I'll make it so he reverts to his normal typing after a while.

Okay; I'm probably going to reopen Sign Ups this week. A few Legendary Pokémon will be available soon (although there'll only be some species, there'll only be one Gijinka of each kind, and the Sign Ups'll be first-come, first-serve). I've also thought that Sign Ups should require a description of our characters' Pokémon's moves and abilities. And, since I haven't posted it here before: you don't have to capitalize "Gijinka" (I just do it to be consistent, since that's how I began typing it in the RP). Also, I just realized that a Shedinja Gijinka would have to have been part of a Ninjask Gijinka that was captured at some point. That might be another epic idea for a character in the future.

I should probably explain why some Legendary Gijinka are forbidden from being Shiny, or "Shiny-Locked": it's a trait of the Legendary Pokémon they were genetically engineered from.

The Legendary Pokémon that aren't capable of being Shiny in the games during which they were introduced aren't going to be Shiny here. This reasoning is based off of the fact that Legendary Pokémon like Reshiram and Zekrom are unique in the games' history; according to Black, White, Black 2, and White 2, the games in which they were introduced, they were created after Kyurem split (and it's ridiculously unlikely that the researchers for Project E encountered them the way they're met in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire). Despite the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom can't have been Shiny, Kyurem could be fought under the control of Ghetsis without having been Shiny and still have a chance of being Shiny after it's released. For another example, it's currently impossible to determine whether or not there could be a Shiny Celebi, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde, or if there are multiple Pokémon of those species at all. I'm also going to leave the Legendary Pokémon that befriended N and the protagonist of Black or White ambiguous. Just to be sure that it's clear, all the Legendary Gijinka resulted from experimentation.

Hey, when will we actually be able to roleplay the legendary gijinka?

@White Raven: I was kind of hoping you'd post Kage's response before anything got difficult, but I'll just assume that you'll have Kage help the other Gijinka find the however many other headquarters for Project E and take them down.

So, is Nero and the other scientists heading to the Castelia Headquarters? And I assume Kagami the Kyurem Gijinka is there too?

So, is Nero and the other scientists heading to the Castelia Headquarters? And I assume Kagami the Kyurem Gijinka is there too?

They're already there. Kagami, Shira, and Desoloth have already been relocated to Castelia since the beginning. By the way, Nero, Nova, and Misaki are all getting promoted. This'll allow you and @Meow Wow to have more directly involved characters (and, if you want, make plot arcs).

Well, I'd first thought of giving Gijinka subject numbers that designated who they were based off the position of their species in the National Dex and the number of experiments of that species there were, but anything would've worked, so I guess 296 followed by a hyphen and the species' initial is going to indicate which species the Tao trio Gijinka are.

Also: Victini, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus SUs are available.

I'll go ahead and sign up for the Thundurus gijinka, then, if that's alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom