• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups The Gijinka Project (Mature)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destructive Idiot

It is I: ME!
Reaction score
Project: Gijinka​

Lately in the world of Pokémon, everything has been going excellently. Humanity has been rescued from the brink of ruin several times. The world has been turning clean, and, for the first instance in human history, all nations have been exhibiting a glimpse of willingness to attain world peace. At the very least, that's how it all seems...

What follows is the story of several Gijinka.

In the recent age, Gijinka are recognized as atypical people; people with the hearts and souls of Pokémon. For the most part, they're all treated normally; no differently from one human as one to another. However, they are noted as being quite interesting; occasionally, some of them can even take on remarkably less human forms which are much more similar to the Pokémon they are truly. Despite all their differences and abnormalities, Gijinka are primarily considered to simply be... interesting.

Frequently, a Gijinka may arise to reach a revered position in modern society (such as N). Something far less common than for a Gijinka to belong to a species line is for a Gijinka to be of a specific type variety (or, as N was, a Gijinka of all Pokémon in their entirety). They may be appreciated as productive individuals with unusual personalities or, at their worst, absolutely detested as abominations of nature and thought of freakishly. Typically they would appear to be almost completely ordinary, with only a mild semblance of their Pokémon personalities in addition to an extent of such a Pokémon's abilities. They would also, in a regular society, perhaps be given various jobs to suit their capabilities (such as a Pikachu line Gijinka typically being expected to be a sort of electrician or something similar, like an electronic innovator or mechanic)...

...but that is not their story.

A young adult awoke to find himself immersed inside a stasis tank in a certain remote scientific laboratory.

What... the f*ck?!

He noticed around him several other subjects, all of which were trapped and contained similarly. At the center of the room he noticed someone - a somewhat younger girl - also restrained likewise, in a different type of tank, chained back against a wall. Multiple scientists and researchers in lab coats were standing nearby. They took note of the young experiment awakening.

"...how are you?" one of them, a woman who appeared to be quite young and acted subordinately to all the others (perhaps a college-age intern), kindly asked him.

"Who the hell are you? What-"

He was interrupted suddenly; the wall of the lab to his right was blown apart. Multiple troops from a certain region all started pouring in immediately. The scientists sent out their Pokémon; the numerous soldiers readied their weapons and did similarly.

"Wait; no!" the scientist who was looking over him exclaimed; she was immediately shot.

Several of the experiments began awakening. The soldiers were shooting at everything, and a few of the scientists returned fire. He caught sight of the girl in the center; she was waking. There were several mechanical limbs operating inside her container.

"Agh! W-what are you doing?!"

He tried to beat the glass keeping him imprisoned furiously; it was cracking slowly. The soldiers were slowly taking more ground. One of them used his semi-automatic firearm to smash in the girl's cell door. He discarded his weapon and brought out a knife.

"Someone, help!" she screamed.

He finally managed to break out of his tank; he began gliding across the room over to their general vicinity. The rifleman shoved aside the mechanical devices and raised his left arm, preparing to stab her. The test subject gripped his arm suddenly. He wrestled with the soldier, and they fell back onto the fluid-covered ground. The experiment got above the soldier and kicked him in the face. He proceeded to the girl.

The soldiers directed their attention towards the victims. They began to shoot down all the test subjects, breaking the glass tanks. A few of them tripped out of their cells and got moving. Some of them walked around for a moment, wondering what the hell was going on right before getting gunned down. A few of them caught understanding of what was happening and managed to escape. Still others were shot up in their tanks and never got the opportunity to go on living.

Amidst the chaos, the young adult used a type of aura to break her chains; they made their escape quickly.

The Togekiss Gijinka wandered through the forest, searching for signs of others who may have escaped. The young woman followed him as they walked away from the despoiled edifice, looking for signs of civilization and reflecting on the night prior.

Last edited:
There was a blurry shadow overhead; large wings, dragonlike in every aspect, sliced through the air in the cold night. Ave, a ten year-old girl whose DNA was fused with a Noivern, had found herself waking up in a laboratory - certainly not as she had remembered. Landing on one of the higher branches, Ave gave an exhausted sigh and sat down with her rather long tail swishing down past the branches.

"Just wanna sleep.." Ave muttered to herself, her eyelids starting to close on their own. Where was her family? Wait, nevermind that. They were all dead, and Ave lived on her own. They were all dead because of a monster.

Because of her.

Pieces of grass and trees were strewn out in front of the two wanderers. A few bushes with thorns and twisted branches stood in their path. Jon cleaved through the vegetation with Air Slash. He walked through the forest before stumbling onto an open road; he turned around and resolved to pace to the right of it, deciding that it wouldn't be a good idea to remain in plain sight.

"Where do you think it might lead?" Jacqueline questioned. As she followed him, she caught sight of a figure on a tree. She slowly recognized the entity as another Gijinka.

Last edited:
Piercing, golden reptilian eyes zoned in on the female who saw her. Ave raised up her wing, trying to shield herself from view and blend in with the dark scenery. Ave was so unaccustomed to hiding from another mutant, but after seeing what could happen when left unguarded, she had no choice but to trust no one.

"Let's see.. Mom's dead. My fault. Dad's dead. Really, his fault. Damon's dead. Also my fault." Ave muttered, hoping the figures below wouldn't notice. Her voice rarely was above a mumble, so soft, it took expert hearing for others to pick up. She wondered if it had to do with her gijinka side.

The sounds of gunshots rang through the air as the military continued sweeping through the lab, shooting down the Gijinka and other researchers who tried to resist. Behind a small squad of Marines, a tall leader stepped out, lowering his weapon as he entered the compound. "Gunnery Sergeant. We have Squad 1 and 2 pursuing the escapees. The building should be just about clear otherwise." a radioman reported to the man. He exhaled, sighing slightly as he slowly scanned around at the dead researchers near the entrance. "Did we receive any casualties?" he said sternly. "Negative GySgt. Everyone is alive and accounted for except for with just a few very minor injuries." the radioman said. The man nodded as they continued their advance.

Soon after a short walk inside the laboratory, the squad with GySgt. Cross had reached a central room with stasis tanks. Many were broken already, and there were many dead bodies littered on the floor, both researcher and experiment. A squad had already set up security around the room with one of the squad leaders approaching GySgt. Cross. "We've got all of the researchers in this main chamber GySgt. However---" he started. "You lost some of the experiments. I can tell." the platoon sergeant said cutting his Cpl off. He had already counted the experiment bodies on the floor and matched them with the number of stasis tanks in the room. "Continue searching for them. Spread out from the compound and report back to me frequently. The more time we waste, the more time they get to escape." he explained. The Marines all nodded as the security squad formed up and took off. Cross watched them go before looking back to the dead bodies in the room. "We're going too. Let's go." he said to his own squad.

You are Camille. You are a sweet girl. Remember this

Cammy was awoken by the sounds of gunshots.
Someone's in trouble, I have to help she thought to herself. [/I]But then again, that sounds too much like a suicide mission. The gun people could still be there when I get to it. [/I]

Go for it

Cammy started running at high speed towards the source of the noise, curious as to what was going on.
Along the way, she was distracted by something that caught her attention. It was a pale boy who had feathery wings.

Another Gijinka, maybe he'll know something. But is he safe?
She started backing up, trying not to draw attention to herself.

Engage. You can take him.

She turned around and began stomping her feet on the ground in an attempt to get the boys attention.

Last edited:
"...I wonder who that might be." Jacqueline wondered, directing Jon's attention to a figure on a tree.

Jon fixated his attention onto the tree. "A Gijinka; obviously not one of the soldiers who tried to murder us." Jon replied. "Hey, you!"

"I don't know whether or not you should bother her." Jacqueline grabbed his arm and interrupted him.

"She doesn't look hostile." Jon responded.

"It's not a matter of whether or not she's trying to do anything to us; it's that she doesn't want our attention." Jacqueline argued.

"...fine." Jon answered and resumed carving a path through the forest. He covered ground until he got ahead of Jacqueline by a notable distance. Within about a minute, she was a few yards behind him. Jon suddenly heard someone stomping a foot on the ground and stopped moving as he looked around in search of the noise's origin.

Tentatively, Ave climbed down the tree, and got a good look at the pair of gijinka. The Noivern girl pricked her abnormally large ears and cautiously approached them. She didn't say anything, not yet. One seemed to resemble a.. Togekiss, was it? Folding her wings against her forearms like a Gallade's, Ave gave them a questioning look.

Cross moved out into the forest at slow, careful pace, his squad in a tight formation. They scouted around their area steadily as they moved, silently as to attract attention to themselves. Cross kept his M4 in his hand, ready and waiting for a sign of an escapee. Only slight rustling of the grass beneath them could be heard. They moved on for a little while longer until pausing in a small clearing where they quickly set up security to watch their surroundings. "Squad 1 has engaged a handful of escapees and eliminated them. There are still more to be found GySgt." the radioman reported in a small whisper. Cross nodded and kept his eyes peering out through the thick forest. "Shh. Everyone lock it up." he muttered, focusing his gaze. It was faint but he could hear a slight shout of someone saying "Hey you!". It was quite a distance away, but he could determine the general direction.

He moved his hand to motion his squad to get up and spread out the formation in a line, facing the direction of the faint shout. He then gave the command for them to slowly move out, resuming their slow, deadly march towards their targets. Cross followed them with the same intent, still scouting ahead and waiting for a sign of moment, as small as it may be. "Radio in to the other squads to go out for another two miles or so and then we'll regroup at the laboratory." he said to his radioman. The said Marine, acknowledged the command and pulled out the radio to communicate with the others.

Jameson held a radio up to the side of his face. It had been a long morning, but the Captain hadn't exhibited any traces of exhaustion. He transmitted a signal to his teams' radio operators.

"3rd Squad radio operator, tell the Gunny we've arranged a rendezvous point north of the lab. Have you found any sign of the fugitive experiments?"

The radioman answered. "Affirmative, sir: there was an ambient noise from the northeast that might direct us to some of the subjects that escaped."

"All radio operators, instruct your squads to convene at the waypoint on the ridge to the north of the lab once you've finished pursuing runaway experiments." Jameson ordered, directing his attention towards the sun to the left.

Jacqueline quickly caught up and Jon kept his eyes on the Noivern Gijinka as she delivered a questioning look. He waved at her again as he sought the source of the stomping. A blond kid suddenly appeared out of midair to his right. He stood immediately next to him.

"Hello. I thought you might need some help." He introduced himself to the Togekiss.

"...what gives you that idea?" the Togekiss Gijinka responded.

"Oh, you know; just the fact that you have a compulsive need to exclaim your location to the world full of lovely Butterfree and chaps who want to kill you." the kid retorted.

"You shouldn't be concerned about what'll happen if they find us; you should worry about what to do when they find us." Jon argued.

"You actually believe there's anything you can do to stop, resist, or delay them." the Abra Gijinka proclaimed, incredulous.

"Nice to meet you, by the way." he commented as he directed his eyesight across a thicket nearby, towards a Girafarig Gijinka. Jacqueline's attention followed the same path. Jon pretended to glance back for a moment before turning to face the Abra Gijinka.

"Who exactly are you, anyways?" Jon demanded.

"I suppose I ought to apologize for my manners, or lack thereof, rather. Nice to meet you: Jason Cayce." he declared, extending a hand. John hesitated for about five seconds before shaking hands. Jacqueline shook hands with him reluctantly.

Last edited:
Ave glanced at Jacqueline with an awkward gaze, watching the Abra and Togekiss gijinka converse - well, it was more like arguing, but it still passed as conversation.

"Uh...uhm, it wouldn't be a good idea to just stand around here, r-right? I mean, they might.. uh, track us down, o-or something.." The little girl murmured, lowering her gaze. What if these gijinka were hostile? Ave hoped not, that much was certain.

Cammy caught a glimpse of the winged boy, as well as another Gijinka that he was talking to. Cautiously, she stepped forward. "Who are you?"

Do you need me to take control?
I'm pretty sure they're safe, Coda. Show yourself.

Her tail peeked out from underneath her cloak, baring its teeth at the three other Gijinka.

"Anyways, where exactly do you think we are?" Jason inquired.

"...an island. We're still going to be followed even if we escape, and I don't see any chance of that anytime soon." Jon protested as he walked away, clearing a path through the forest.

Jacqueline saw the Noivern Gijinka descend from the tree and heard her comment, "It wouldn't be a good idea to just stand around here, r-right? I mean, they might... uh, track us down, or something." She then began to look down timidly.

"I absolutely agree." Jacqueline answered.

The Girafarig Gijinka interrupted the guys as they argued, revealing her species. "Who are you?" She asked the group.

"Hi; I'm Jacqueline." The girl introduced herself to those she hadn't met. "You could call me Jackie if you like. Also, maybe we should stop arguing about what we should do and do something."

"That's what I've been trying to do..." Jon commented as he tore through the forest before he went on in spite of the fact that everyone else could hardly hear him, rambling.

"...so, you're a Girafarig Gijinka," Jacqueline said, recognizing the Gijinka's species and turning to face the other, younger girl, "...and you're?"

"Your names, please." Jon requested, pacing back once he'd finished tearing down a few plants.

"Oh, uh.. My name's Ave." The Noivern gijinka responded. "If you can't tell already, I was fused with a Noivern... uh, I'd say about... four years ago...?" Ave frowned, trying to remember. "..Yeah, when I was six, I think."

"I'm Cammy, and this is Coda," she said, stroking the tail-creatures chin.
I sense trouble. Far away. Might not be moving towards us. Stay alert.

The squad slowly pressed on, the voice coming into clear earshot now as they moved silently. Cross had listened to what the sir had commanded, and was even more determined to at least catch this last group of experiments. His squad stayed the same distance apart from each other but now began using the trees to hide their movement as they progressed. He couldn't determine the number of targets but he imagined there was a good handful of them. He gave the signal for his squad to take the safety off their rifles and get ready for contact. He did the same as well as finally his point man held his fist up, halting the squad as he motioned forward. Cross finally took behind a tree, peering out with focused eyes to see ahead. He could make out a few figures for now. Two at the most but there seemed to be more behind the endless number of trees. He nodded to himself with a slight smile and gave the signal to press on. Their rifles raised and aimed forward as they slowly progressed.

He couldn't identify them precisely yet but as they closed in, he could make out from their unusual appearance, specifically wings on one of them, that they were experiments. Still, recognizing any faces was out of the question. They were still a few yards away, prompting Cross to aim down his scope now. The targets seemed to be unaware of their presence for now, engaged in a slow movement while holding conversation with each other. He now took note of a third target as he scanned but was still unknown to the fourth. He gave his squad the silent order with his hand not to open fire until his next command, still stalking his prey carefully but quickly as he didn't want them to get away either. Unlike the squad, the experiments weren't well-equipped to travel through this forest it seemed but they were managing. Cross and his squad kept their steps light as they hastened their pace, now spreading out to get a wide ambush going onto the group of targets. Before the Gunny could rejoice at his successful mission, the worst happened. One of his new men had racked back the charging handle on his M16, echoing it through the forest and forcing them all to snap to his location. Cross quickly looked back to the group of Gijinka, preparing for the worst.

Ave's left ear swiveled, picking up the annoyingly loud sound. Her head turned in the direction of the soundwave, looking irritated. "We're being followed, if it isn't obvious enough." She muttered, spreading her bat-like wings and getting ready to take off.

"...that sounds physically unlikely." the Abra Gijinka commented towards Ave. "You'd end up weighing at least as much as your original body and the Noivern combined."

"I've never met any Gijinka in person, or, at least, not until today, although I've heard reports about people having odd abilities and physical traits or becoming Gijinka after exposure to certain mutagens." Jacqueline discussed on that note.

The group followed the path Jon had cleared through the woods.

"Do you even know where you've been going? We're just facing somewhere east. The lab was all the way back to the west. What exactly do you plan on doing if we find a coast?" Jason questioned.

"If there's nowhere else to run, we'll have to rally other victims there." the Togekiss Gijinka replied.

"Right; because, together, nothing'd have any chance of opposing us."

"Well, our chances would be better." Jon argued.

Jason faintly heard a soldier rack a firearm somewhere west of their location. He watched Ave direct her attention back towards the direction from which they'd made their path, noting that they were being followed. I'm surprised that they noticed us so quickly from so far away; they must have covered at least half a mile in less than ten minutes. "It looks like we won't have an opportunity for that." Jason calmly stated. "Those whackjobs are just a couple hundred feet away. I could help you all get out of this alive, if you'd like. For the love of Arceus, don't look back at them." the Abra Gijinka advised everyone else (especially Ave).

Last edited:
Cammy used agility to increase her speed, intending to escape. Coda had other ideas.
Give me control, now!

Cammy's mind went blank, disabling any defense she had against Coda's power. Coda's power took over the brain, giving it control over th body, while leaving Cammy's mind in the tail.

Coda fired a large beam of electricity in their general direction. While it didn't hit any of them, it was enough to scatter a few of them.
"That's my warning shot."
Cammy's body began glowing green. "Next one won't miss."

Cross took cover behind a tree as the beam flew between him and another one of his men, missing purposely but still not worth taking a risk over. He grunted in anger at his Marine's incompetence and stepped out with his rifle. "Go! Do not let them escape!" he barked as he took off ahead. His men did the same, now taking off in a sprint for the group of experiments. As they grew closer, several of them took cover and began to shoot with their rifles at the targets, taking turns to gain distance while another used covering fire. The Gunny took off away from the squad, breaking off around and behind some trees to try and initiate any kind of flank he could manage while his men attracted the attention. It seemed by the beam of electricity that they did not intend on escaping any longer. He kept on silently trying to gain distance as the others continued trying to hit something with their small-arms fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom