• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP The Gyms and the League - DP Style or Pt Style?

i don't expect any changes to DP's gyms or rosters. Past remakes have only made minimal changes so I expect this to be the same. Maybe they'll give us rematches with the Platinum's teams. But maybe not.

I'm expecting Diamond and Pearl gym rosters for the most part except maybe Candice and Volkner will receive team changes to better reflect their type specialties. No more Medicham for Candice please.

i don't expect any changes to DP's gyms or rosters. Past remakes have only made minimal changes so I expect this to be the same. Maybe they'll give us rematches with the Platinum's teams. But maybe not.
They need to give Flint his platinum team. I’m not gonna accept a Fire type trainer having only two Fire types in 2021.

They need to give Flint his platinum team. I’m not gonna accept a Fire type trainer having only two Fire types in 2021.
I agree they NEED to give them the Platinum teams. But will they?
For HGSS they changed two pokemon only (one of Clair's Dragonairs for a Gyarados, and one of Janine's Weezings for an Ariados)
FOr ORAS only one. (one of Flannery's Slugmas for a Numel).
That's why I don't expect any changes (or if they change something, it will be one or two pokemon like in the last remakes)

I agree they NEED to give them the Platinum teams. But will they?
For HGSS they changed two pokemon only (one of Clair's Dragonairs for a Gyarados, and one of Janine's Weezings for an Ariados)
FOr ORAS only one. (one of Flannery's Slugmas for a Numel).
That's why I don't expect any changes (or if they change something, it will be one or two pokemon like in the last remakes)
Except most of the problems with the DP teams were due to the limited Pokedex. If they are using the Platinum Dex then at least give trainers like Candice, Volkner, and Flint their Platinum teams so that they will be able to exclusively use their specialty types.

Except most of the problems with the DP teams were due to the limited Pokedex. If they are using the Platinum Dex then at least give trainers like Candice, Volkner, and Flint their Platinum teams so that they will be able to exclusively use their specialty types.
The thing here is, if they're using Pt's pokedex and gym leaders/E4 teams, at what point does it stop being a DP remake and becomes a Pt remake? That's why I don't expect many changes. Maybe that one pokemon for Candice and Volker and I guess they would have to change Flint's team too but honestly it's too early to know what they'll do

The thing here is, if they're using Pt's pokedex and gym leaders/E4 teams, at what point does it stop being a DP remake and becomes a Pt remake? That's why I don't expect many changes. Maybe that one pokemon for Candice and Volker and I guess they would have to change Flint's team too but honestly it's too early to know what they'll do
Eh but this logic isn’t the greatest because HG/SS were definitely Gold and Silver remakes and yet they incorporated many elements of Crystal, some major. I believe there were a few Emerald elements in ORAS as well.

Eh but this logic isn’t the greatest because HG/SS were definitely Gold and Silver remakes and yet they incorporated many elements of Crystal, some major. I believe there were a few Emerald elements in ORAS as well.
ORAS pretended like Emerald never existed. There is nothing of Emerald in those games if anything it actively avoided any Emerald content.
And like I said in a previous post, HGSS only changed two pokemon, out of 21 gym leaders, E4 and champion teams. It had some Crystal things, but not any changes to the actual rosters.

ORAS pretended like Emerald never existed. There is nothing of Emerald in those games if anything it actively avoided any Emerald content.
Not true, considering the nods to Emerald it had, like Steven confirming he's going to retire, the Mossdeep Space Center attack and Deoxys's rock(?) moving in the same pattern like in Emerald (granted, that was also a reference to FRLG).

I don't see the problem with deviating from monotype teams. Raihan did it just recently.

That said, they'll probably a few changes if they use the Platinum Pokedex.

And like I said in a previous post, HGSS only changed two pokemon, out of 21 gym leaders, E4 and champion teams. It had some Crystal things, but not any changes to the actual rosters.
I mean in terms of Eusine, Suicune, etc. And, as prog rocker pointed out, there are a few elements of Emerald still incorporated into ORAS.

I don't see the problem with deviating from monotype teams. Raihan did it just recently.

That said, they'll probably a few changes if they use the Platinum Pokedex.
In DP it was only done because there wasn't enough Pokemon for them to use of their types.

I would much rather have the PT style gym leaders than the DP style gym leaders - more so than other third versions I think platinum really offered Gamefreak an opportunity to rebalance the region and the gym leaders and I much preferred their revised composition.

Going out on a limb here, but with GameFreak reducing the singular status of legendary pokemon with the Max Lair in SwSh, I think it would be a really interesting change to increase the distribution of these formerly exclusive pokemon. Maybe Cynthia breaks out a Marshadow instead of a Spiritomb.

Going out on a limb here, but with GameFreak reducing the singular status of legendary pokemon with the Max Lair in SwSh, I think it would be a really interesting change to increase the distribution of these formerly exclusive pokemon.
What do you mean by this? How did SwSh reduce their status more than any other game?

Maybe Cynthia breaks out a Marshadow instead of a Spiritomb.
I doubt they’d give her a Mythical at all much less one that was never available in Sinnoh and isn’t available to anyone outside of an old distribution.

What do you mean by this? How did SwSh reduce their status more than any other game?

I doubt they’d give her a Mythical at all much less one that was never available in Sinnoh and isn’t available to anyone outside of an old distribution.
Mainly thinking about the accessibility of the legendaries - I think the max lair is a very strange addition to pokemon on a world-building level (and also think the treatment of the re-skinned legendary birds offers a view of legendary pokemon less exclusive than in past generations.) There's not one Suicine, revived by Ho-oh after passing away in a fire - there's one in Johto and the one you find in the Max Lair.

I was just using an example - ghost to ghost. Could be anything! Maybe she catches the Palkia to your Dialga if you wanna keep it region locked.

Mainly thinking about the accessibility of the legendaries - I think the max lair is a very strange addition to pokemon on a world-building level (and also think the treatment of the re-skinned legendary birds offers a view of legendary pokemon less exclusive than in past generations.) There's not one Suicine, revived by Ho-oh after passing away in a fire - there's one in Johto and the one you find in the Max Lair.
Fair, but this has always been the case. There was a Suicune in FRLG, another one in ORAS, and yet another one in USUM. Plus one in Colosseum.

Fair, but this has always been the case. There was a Suicune in FRLG, another one in ORAS, and yet another one in USUM. Plus one in Colosseum.
genuinely didn't know that! thanks for the info! I would just like to see Gamefreak start to transition these mythical or legendary pokemon to being used by some of the late game trainers and think the champion would make sense for that.

If ORAS was anything to go by, then it's quite possible that they'll be using their DP teams, especially since GF has been using the word "faithful" regarding the games. However, given the fact that Porygon-Z was in the trailer does give some possibility that they'll use the Pt teams instead to better fill out their ranks with the correct type. However, that Porygon-Z image could've been in the post-game, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm hoping it'll be the Pt teams, as only giving characters like Flint and Volkner only two Mons of their type is just bad game design, plus the DP dex was very limited to begin with. So, here's hoping that the games will have the Pt dex and Pt teams.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom