• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Half Project: Second Half: Start-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@Valcarona, @Polkadot Jolteon, @tyler212, @Fezian The Mop, @bennett, @Purple Porygon

The grunts walked into the lab, carrying several kids and teens along. "Here are the new subjects." The leader said.
"Thank you" Said one of the scientists. "You are dismissed."
The grunts obliged by setting the adolescents down on tables, and walked out, confident that they had done their job.
"Now, get the syringes." A trio of scientists walked over to a stand and picked out six vials of liquid and an equal number of needles. Each syringe was filled with a vial, and then distributed amongst six of the scientists. Each child was injected, and slowly began to change.

One became mechanical.
One grew several tails and fur.
One became blue and merged legs.
One grew a single tail.
One became spierlike.
And the other grew a tail and a shell.

The grunts walked back in within a few minutes and picked the unconscious subjects up, carrying them out of the room and into a containment cell, devoid of anything but a bowl of water.

And a robot mounted on the wall.

It opened it's eyes, moving them slowly amongst the new Merges. "Well, this is a sight... I never expected to see anyone thrown into my cell." It said in a feral voice.

The mechanical Merge woke up, looking at the robot on the wall, then down at herself. "What the hell happened to me!?"
"The Merge happened. You were kidnapped and injected with a Pokemon's DNA. Judging from your looks, I'd say... Oh, damn..." The robot flinched. "Your name... It's Lexi!"

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"
"A building. Laboratory, no doubt."
"Yes... and we both know what for."
"What do we do?"
"When... if I signal you, intervene. We have to evacuate the hybrids."
"At all costs."
"Precisely."
"Anthony's in there."
"I know. I'm going in."
"The Temporals ride with you."

Around the figures, several bushes were hit by electricity, and went up in flames. A strange being, covered in orange electricity and wearing, of all things, an argyle sweater, was the cause.
"Well, well, well... Ozias, long time, no see..."

"Indeed," the Green-Eyed Gallade replied, "Three centuries, in fact; for me, anyway. There are more Merges in there, and Anthony. Care to join the jailbreak?"

The robot sniffed the air. "I smell the traitor... It's time he pay his dues!" The wires dangling from it's back started flailing, then released a burst of electricity, and it was gone. Or rather, it had moved through the walls, re-appearing over the green-eyed Gallade. "Ozias Wheatley, you little..!" It tackled him, and pinned him to the ground. "It's your fault! You're the reason that Lilith's dead!"

In truth, he didn't mean it.

Kaida's head was swimming, she could barely hear or see anything. She could only make out a mumbling sound, but it soon cleared up,

"...Which is probably the reason why no one listens to me, kinda like how you're doing right now," said a voice. Kaida angled her head to the direction of the voice, and saw it was a boy, around the same age as her. He looked like he was half dragon or something. She jolted up a little out of panic, you don't see kids like this everyday,

"Wha-!? Where am I?! Who are you!?! What happend!?" Kaida panicked. The Dragon-like boy looked down,

"You're a merge now. Have you looked at your skin or legs yet?" He asked. Kaida examined herself, and saw that she was some sort of blue mermaid-like creature, and jumped up. She was standing on her tail, it was the first time she has actually stood in 7 years.

"I'm not usually the straight-forward one, but what's your name...?" she asked

Ozias Teleported from under his attacker. "Hail to you too, old friend. Do you mind telling me what you're talking about?"

The robot, Anthony, turned to Ozias. "You don't know!? She committed suicide, and you did nothing about it! Screw the project, you're the real monster!"

"I wasn't even in this period. It isn't my fault. I'll fix it when I can."
The second voice spoke up. "You can't, Ozias. Death is a fixed event. It cannot be changed."
"Very well, Celebi. You're the Temporal."

Another being, a gray-and-yellow fairy-thing, appeared.
Well, not through time-travel... You could always create a new body and shove the soul back in...
Nel, the electrical ghost, gave it a harsh look.
No offense to the deceased party...
Anthony had gotten pissed. "Not only is Lilith dead, but I just learned that they did to my sister, my only family besides my grandparents, what they did to me! You know how it feels, huh? It's a piece of shit!"

"Well, isn't this nice. Bits of the original team, in the same place and time! I still remember how frequently you tried to kill me back then, too, Anthony. Good times."

"Not just then, I still do! You're going to pay for leaving us, eventually!" He whistled, and two more Merges appeared. One came out of the ground, while another floated down from the sky. The flying one, with his solitary eye, frowned upon Ozias.
"I remember you... You killed my Unown. It hurt me, but I'm mostly past it..."

Sapphire woke up with a start. She shook in a similar way to a wet dog and crawled around,"I love crawling," she murmured, then she paused"... wait, crawling?!". She looked herself "When did I grow a tail?" she asked herself casually, before shrugging.

Sapphire soon heard shouts and looked around, she was in a cell, there were about ten other poke-people inside only two of which were awake, "Does anyone know where the hell we are?".

Last edited:
"This was three hundred years ago, surely this could be put aside? I honestly don't want to fight you guys anymore..." Ozias sighed in dismay. "There are better ways to get things across than blood and tears. I learned that from experience."

Anthony growled. "And I didn't experience anything!? While you were gone for two months, I was out trying to free some Merges from labs around the whole freaking world! I lost some of my face, Ozias! If I weren't a robot, that would be near-fatal!"

Lexi got up, looking around before focusing on a couple of Merges. "Wow... Whatever happened to us..." In anger, she punched the door, breaking the lock and swinging it right open. In panic, she ran, or rather wheeled, off, finding a door outside.

But she only found more Merges.

Ozias frowned. "Two months? I thought I was two weeks..." He glanced angrily at Celebi.
"Don't look at me! It's not my fault that that Arceus merge from seven-thousand years forward is mashing up spacetime!"

"Anything to add to that?" Ozias asked irritatedly.
"Yeah, your twin's in the cell."
"Dammit."

Anthony released Lexi. "This is my younger sister, Lexi."
The girl was shocked. "A...Anthony!? This happened to you, too!?"

"It's Caleb, I'm part Charizard," He said, "How about you?"
"K-Kaida..."
"I'm guessing that you want an explanation for all of this?" He asked, she nodded. "We're part of something called the Half Project. We were injected with the DNA of different pokemon, and we're not the only ones. A while ago, a few other merges broke me out of a lab. But before I knew it, I ended up in here again..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom