• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Half Project: Second Half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The Half Project: Second Half

Fully allowed by the GM of the original Half Project, @Joltik.

As humans and Pokemon grow closer, so does technology with the two. It has allowed resurrection of the deceased, conversion of life into energy and back, and artificial Pokemon. But now, there's a group that has begun to exploit technology for their own ends. People from ages ten to eighteen began vanishing, but soon ten and nineteen-year olds started disappearing as well. What no one knows, though, is that this group was using them as test subjects, injecting them with Pokemon DNA. These half-humans, called Merges by the scientists, were purposed as weapons with world-domination in mind. Unfortunately, not all of them were viable, and were locked in tiny cells to die.

Eventually, though, a batch of Merges, along with older Merges, managed to escape. Life with their new selves was hard, but they managed to get along. They instigated another break, and freed a large amount of Merges, and brought the renegade scientists to justice.

A few of the Project members, however, managed to avoid arrest. They re-coalesced, and resumed their cruel experiments, this time, able to use anyone nine to nineteen.

Okay, ground rules: No Legendary Merges initially. I have hidden criteria for when you can use one, but only one. Want another? Meet my hidden requirements again. All I can say is it's to reward being active.

No bunnying or the like.
The general form rules must be obeyed.
I am GM my word is law, if you have a question, VM, PM, or just ask in this thread.
You can only have one form of merge, so only one pokemon.
Please be active, it really helps.

These rules still apply.
Also, Legendary Merges are not more powerful than normal ones, and there are some that I'll never allow, which would be anything banned from the Battle Subway, the Lake Trio... Well, Except the weaker Events, such as Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Victini, Keldeo, and Meloetta. They're allowed.
There isn't a 4-move limit. I only ask you use up to 1 move per post.
I have a plot in mind, don't veer too far off-course... But I can rectify most things like that, so this rule ain't a biggie.
Your Merge characters can look like their normal, human selves for as long as they like, but will go back to their half forms the instant they are hurt.

Name:
Appearance before merge:
Appearance after merge:
Personality:
History:
Flaw: (This is a physical, mental, or otherwise weakness that keeps them from becoming too powerful)
Other:

Project Sheet:
Name:
Age: (should be over 20, give a reason if you want it to be younger)
Hunter/scientist/grunt: Scientists are the ones who do the research, injection, and other scientific stuff, Grunts are the guards and caretakers, and Hunters track escapees and bring them back.
Appearance :
Personality:
History:(not required, but recommended)
other:
Pokemon:(should have Gender, moves, and ability, Up to six pokemon)

Accepted people: (I'm not a fan of Mentions... Nor putting down last names...)
Polkadot Jolteon- Ozias, Sophia
Valcarona- Kaida
tyler212- Roscoe
Fezian The Mop- Sapphire

My sign-ups will all go here:
Name: Anthony.
Which pokemon you are merged with: Klinklang
Appearance before merge: Wears a vest and a white undershirt. He has dark hair and green eyes.
Appearance after merge: There is now a gear halfway through Anthony's back. His feet have been replaced by wheels, and he must move around in order to stand up, or adjust the motors in his heels constantly. His head has another gear through the middle, with no discernible features, just a plain black sphere. His elbows are also gears. The rest of him is also plain cylinders and prisms like his head. His right hand has been replaced with a gear, similar to a Klinklang's bottom gear, and his left hand's fingers are chains that can be extended or retracted. Later, he has eerie red eyes and can switch between chain and gearsaw on each hand.
Personality: He can be vengeful and apathetic. Since becoming a robot, he's lost a bit of his compassion and humor, and is now grim and stoic, though deep down, he cares deeply about his friends, who are his only family besides his sister.
History: Tony was raised in Verdanturf Town, researching Steel-type Pokemon profusely as a pass-time.
Other: Since Kninklang doesn't have an organic brain, Anthonys' neurons and nano-processors don't get along, meaning he's not entirely sane.
Flaw: He bursts into flames whenever he cries, and isn't 100% sane.

Name: Helen
Which pokemon you are merged with: Shiny Gigalith
Appearance before merge: Helen had brunette hair and blue eyes.
Appearance after merge: Helen's head is Gigalith's, excepting her mouth-down. Her hair hangs loosely down from under this helmet of rock. Her neck, torso and waist down resembles a Gigalith, but is much more humanoid. Her shirt sleeves show until her elbows, which are rock-like and end in claws.
Personality: Helen was normally quiet, but social, but the trauma of the Merge has made her grow distant and irritable.
History:Helen grew up with her dad, Eric, and her mother. Eric went through financial stress, and had to work for some 'secret project'. Helen was 'sold' to the lab so they wouldn't go under. She is dating Anthony.
Flaw: Helen is prone to outbursts.

Name: Eric
Appearance : Has the same hair and eye color as Helen. Wears a lab coat.
Personality:He cares very much for his daughter, even sometimes going behind his colleague's backs to help her. He feels guilt about helping the lab, but needs the pay.
History: Eric raised his daughter in Oreburgh City, and worked in Oreburgh Mine. What no one knew was that the metal he mined was used to build the lab. He and his family moved to Verdanturf Town in Hoenn a decade later. He has quit and now looks after Helen and Anthony.
Pokemon:Shiny Gigalith, Female, Power Gem, Flash Cannon, Solar Beam, Earthquake, Sturdy

Name: Nel
Which pokemon you are merged with: Rotom
Appearance before merge: Nel had grayish hair before, and hazel eyes. She was/is 5 feet, 5 inches tall. Even after the Merge, she, for some reason, wears an argyle sweater.
Appearance after merge: Nel's mouth and eyes are that of Rotom, and her nose is gone. Otherwise, her face is generally the same shape. Rotom's orange electricity covers her body, blocking her skin for the most part, other than an occasional thinness of the electron cloud. Her ears are now vertical Rotom horns, but in the same place as before. Blue electricity surrounds her.
Personality: Nel is very mischievous. She will often hide in mechanical objects and scare passerby. She can be hard-headed and unmoving, as well as trigger-happy and irresponsible.
History: Nel grew up in Eterna City, daughter to a car mechanic. She would often mess with the TV in the Old Chateau and the Rotom inhabiting it. They were both kidnapped, and the Rotom's DNA was injected into her. She died from it, and now possesses her own body.
Flaw: She has trouble not annoying others, and is constantly feeling the tug of the afterlife.

Name: Tybalt
Hunter
Appearance : Tybalt is an average-looking man with dark hair and brown eyes, and wears cargo pants and a camo shirt.
Personality: Tybalt is a relentless and aggressive man. Not much else.
History: Nothing of note.
Pokemon:Garchomp, Male, Sand Veil, Earthquake, Dual Chop, Dragon Rush, Toxic

If there's anything I'm missing, tell me.

@Valcarona, @Polkadot Jolteon, here ya' go.

Last edited:
Name: Ozias Wheatley
Pokémon: Gallade
Appearance Before Merge:
Ozias has florescent green eyes and white hair, with matching a green hooded jumper and white jeans.
Appearance After Merge:
Ozias looks much like a regular Gallade, excepting his face (which is the same underneath his Gallade horn), his hands (which are also the same), and his lack of 'abdomen'.
Personality:
Ozias is stubborn (though not as much as in the original RP), but he has lost his 'holier-than-thou' attitude. He also, while telepathic, doesn't read everything as he now respects privacy, although he still hasn't quite mastered his telepathy.
History:
For some reason, Ozias doesn't like to talk about his past.
Other: Ozias is technically older than 15...
Flaw: Ozias feeds on mental activity. The longer he goes without feeding, the more extreme his weaknesses become.

Last edited:
YAY! I'll bring Caleb back sometime...

Name: Kaida Anguis

Which pokemon you are merged with: Dratini

Appearance before merge: She's Albino, so Kaida's hair and skin is really, really, really white. Her eyes are a pinkish red, she wears a usual striped T-shirt with a long skirt.

Appearance after merge: Kaida's skin is blue, and from her neck down is white. She doesn't have her legs anymore, it's somewhat resembles a weird mermaid. Her hair is a light blue, but Kaida's eyes haven't changed. Her ears have also been replaced by Dratini head fins.

Personality: She's very shy and silent. But is also really polite, and only does things if they're neccesary. Not to mention she has an extreme fear of falling and trains.

History: When Kaida was five, her family were visiting Nimbasa City via subway. But some freak accident happened where the subway was de-railed and crashed. She was one of the few survivors of the crash. For the rest of her family, may they rest in peace. The crash didn't just give her a few scratches and bruises, but it paralyzed her legs permanentley. Kaida spent months in the hospital, and she could walk or stand. She always had to be pushed in a wheel chair, but when no one was looking, she would try to stand. Which is why she has a fear of falling, because of how many times she fell. But this all started to lead to depression, then, she was taken into the Half project.

Flaw: Her flaw in human form is that she can't walk, but her flaw in merge form is that her Dratini tail can't constantly support her and that she might collapse every now and then.

Other: Kaida can stand and slither around with the Dratini tail, but it can only hold her up for a few hours before she collapses. So theres gonna be moments where someone's gonna have to carry her.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the Half Project syndicate... I mean Half Project RP.

Last edited:
The Half Project was full of win. There's nothing to worry about. It's not the GM, but the essence of the RP itself. And I'm no guru, so I'll sh'up.

For convenience, I'll just post Sign-ups like everyone else.

Name: Lexi
Which pokemon you are merged with: Klang
Appearance before merge: Lexi had dark, blonde hair and often wore metallic-colored clothing.
Appearance after merge: Lexi looks like Anthony's female form, only Shiny, and without the saw-hands.
Personality: Lexi is bitter and introverted, preferring to be left alone. This is in contrast to the fact that she is literally weaker without her brother, which she detests.
History: Lexi grew up in her academic brother's shadow, struggling to keep her grades up. A week before Anthony vanished, Lexi left to visit her grandparents. Upon returning, she found her house burned and her parents dead.
Flaw: Lexi is unable to use electricity-based abilities unless she is in proximity with Anthony.
Other: Lexi is Anthony's sister.

This looks interesting.

Name: Roscoe Paynen
Which pokemon you are merged with: Galvantula

Appearance before merge: He is always seen wearing a worn jersey for his favorite team, The Castelia Cofagrigus. He has blue eyes and black hair.

Appearance after merge: Extra eyes form in the middle of his forehead and his mouth forms into his mandibles. His body turns yellow and purple covered hairs while is arms and legs turn into the large feet of a Galvantula, losing his use of arms as they are now his front two legs. His torso however does not expand to the size of a real Galvantula. When in this form he is only 2 feet from the ground (ground to his stomach).

Personality: Roscoe is outgoing and loves to be around people. He is very rarely ever serious, and loves it when the attention is on him. At times he can be a jerk.

History: Before being taken into the Half Project, Roscoe was a natural athlete. On his way to Castelia City to see his favorite team play a game he was kidnapped into the Half Project.

Flaw: Every time he changes he goes a little bit more cruel

Other: He is quite the party animal.

Last edited:
Uh, I'll accept if you can expand the personality... And possibly the appearance, though that's more of a suggestion than a must-do.

BOOM, DONE! Kaida Anguis.png

Hmm...

Well, I've got an idea. Going to be brainstormin' for a while... But I ain't going to be offline or anything.

Oh, hey, @Valcarona, try doing this from now on. It is much easier for viewers.
[spoiler ][img ]image URL[/img ][/spoiler ]
Without the spaces. So you'd instead have this:
66619d1339279472-half-project-second-half-kaida-anguis.png

Oh, yes... Your characters won't be able to turn human for more than an hour until Ozias, Polkadot Jolteon's character, uses a device on them... Yeah, the two of us worked that out.

Last edited:
Just know that if there is a sequel to this, it'll be something like 'The Half Project: After One'... Or something that illustrates the mathematical fact that two halves equal 1, and this may very well go by halves... But this may not end, or even start, for a while, so it's nothing to worry about.

Name: Sophia Wheatley
Which Pokémon you are merged with: Glaceon
Appearance before merge:
Sophia has bright green eyes and white hair, but wears ordinary jeans and a grey t-shirt.
Appearance after merge:
Sophia's eye and hair color have changed to a pale blue. At the front of her head, her hair reaches down to her upper arms, but merges with Glaceon's hanging appendages by the time it gets there. She has Glaceon's tail, too.
Personality:
Sophia is, like her sibling once was, very headstrong and stubborn, and often agrees with him, but other than this, the two are quite different. Sophia is like a Glaceon as opposed to a Gallade, and is very mischievous and enigmatic.
History:
Sophia is Ozias' twin sister. She doesn't suffer from amnesia, but keeps the two's background a secret due to her nature. She had an appointment with a psychiatrist once because she would become very paranoid without reason, and she has trained her mind since, and so Ozias and other telepathic creatures and people cannot read the thoughts she doesn't want them to. She had a crush on Calix (from the last RP) at thirteen.
Flaw: When provoked, Sophia's negative emotions are strongly amplified.
Other: N/A

I was going to have Sophia in the original Half Project, but then we stopped. I hate it when I have to abandon ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom