• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hoenn Region

But in XY player’s team is on average in mid 30s after 3rd Gym, which probably won’t be a case in ORAS. I think getting access to Mega Evolution at the time when starters reach their final stages is the most appropriate. It would be around 5th – 6th Gym if level curve is like in RSE. The person who introduces player to Mega Evolution might be Norman or Winona (she would give an introduction to Mega Evolution in Sky Battle). It doesn’t have to be Steven because his role in Mega plot could be like Sycamore’s – giving player Mega Stone for starter and clues about finding another Stones.

It's definitely going to be Steven. That would end up like saying that Korinna knows a lot about Mega Evolution but Grant is the one who gives you the bracelet.

And how did you end up with such conclusion? I said either Norman or Winona would be involved, not both of them.

But in XY player’s team is on average in mid 30s after 3rd Gym, which probably won’t be a case in ORAS. I think getting access to Mega Evolution at the time when starters reach their final stages is the most appropriate. It would be around 5th – 6th Gym if level curve is like in RSE. The person who introduces player to Mega Evolution might be Norman or Winona (she would give an introduction to Mega Evolution in Sky Battle). It doesn’t have to be Steven because his role in Mega plot could be like Sycamore’s – giving player Mega Stone for starter and clues about finding another Stones.

It's definitely going to be Steven. That would end up like saying that Korinna knows a lot about Mega Evolution but Grant is the one who gives you the bracelet.

And how did you end up with such conclusion? I said either Norman or Winona would be involved, not both of them.

I think he simply meant that it would be really unusual if anyone other than Steven would be involved with the Mega Stones/Mega Evolution. Personally, I really can't think of anyone else other than Steven who would be involved with the concept of Mega Evolutions.

I'd find it reasonable for him to give us the Mega Bangle in the Surf route between Mauville and Fortree. Seems like a nice time in the plot. Not too early, not too late. Team in early to mid 30s. Starter evolving to the final evolution.
Eh, it's possible, but compared to XY, that's a little late. Remember that in XY we could Mega Evolve just after the 3rd gym, that'd be roughly analogous to sometime in between Mauville and Lavaridge in ORAS.

The level curve is probably going to be higher in this game, especially if the Exp. Share makes a return. So you're probably going to have reached Lv. 30 by the time you get to Lavaridge Town.

What you speculated was contradictory to what we know.

I'm more interested in the ominous looking island north of Lilycove City.

冒険の舞台は自然豊かなホウエン地方! | 『ポケットモンスター オメガルビー』『ポケットモンスター アルファサファイア』公式サイト

This page shows the Hoenn map. Doesn't seem to be any changes at first glance. Though those clouds definitely have islands beneath them, but whether they will be accessible post-game, who knows.

The cloud that's just slightly Northeast of Pacifidlog is obviously there to conceal Sky Pillar... I wonder if some of the other clouds might be there to conceal new game locations?

They are definitely hiding islands under those clouds, they put one right over where the Battle Frontier is. Very curious about what that huge purple musk is at the top of the map. Would be good if we can get a high res version of the map.

Mauville City looks...different.

And the island just south of Pacifidlog seems like it could be visitable this time around.

So many of the locations do look very different, but this map has a different style to previous ones and I'm sure they are taking advantage of the 3DS to make them better. Hoenn looks beautiful even in map form!

This page shows the Hoenn map. Doesn't seem to be any changes at first glance. Though those clouds definitely have islands beneath them, but whether they will be accessable post-game, who knows.

no changes? looks to me like the ocean routes to the east have been filled with islands!

It looks like they might have put more islands in Route 124 and 126.

This page shows the Hoenn map. Doesn't seem to be any changes at first glance. Though those clouds definitely have islands beneath them, but whether they will be accessable post-game, who knows.

no changes? looks to me like the ocean routes to the east have been filled with islands!

Likely as an effort to make the map more accurate to the game. Those islands were there in RSE, iirc.

I'd of hoped they'd put in more islands to make the sea routes less tedious, though.

Oh look, a giant cloud covering the southeastern part of the map that's apparently concealing an island. Gee, I wonder what it is,hmmm. (As if we don't know).

Likely as an effort to make the map more accurate to the game. Those islands were there in RSE, iirc.

Yeah, those islands are merely the sealed off land patches that the various dark patches where you could dive led to where you'd find various items. The artwork is even accurate to how they looked in the games themselves.

Putting this video here to show off the different locations
[video=youtube;2Ma2CBnBlXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ma2CBnBlXs[/video]
1:19 Route 104 (after Petalburg Woods)
1:20 Fortree City
1:21 Cycling Path
1:22 Mossdeep Gym
1:23 Lavaridge Gym
1:25 Route 120
1:27 Magma and Aqua Hideouts

Back
Top Bottom