• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hoenn Region

*Sigh* Why does one gym get a custom building, but not all of em? Such a stupid thing to have removed after gen 5. Looks like its all mostly the same, as expected. Can't wait to eventually watch the vids and see what else is shown.

The customized gym building wasn't removed in XY but they didn't use it on all the gyms either.

Aw man those shots look great. So hyped! The Hoenn region is my favorite.

Only the Pichu evolving video worked for me and I love the new evolution effect along with the animation the Pokemon does after evolving. Pics look awesome too. I'm so psyched for these games.

know what would be awesome? If when he dive near pacfilog town we can see the corsala holding the town up :O and maybe in post game we can see catch them around there, maybe see them pop up in the surface of the water like in black 2 with jellicent

Only the Pichu evolving video worked for me and I love the new evolution effect along with the animation the Pokemon does after evolving. Pics look awesome too. I'm so psyched for these games.

My guess is that it will only be Pikachu who will receive such animation..

I surely hope that isn't the case, though I wouldn't be surprised with all the Pikachu favoritism. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that they at least give all the other Pokemon an animation as well.

I surely hope that isn't the case, though I wouldn't be surprised with all the Pikachu favoritism. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that they at least give all the other Pokemon an animation as well.

75.jpg

80.jpg

yes other pokemon get it some get two because of mega evolution

Wow that pic at night looks really awesome! Ihope the actual gameplay at night will reflect that on the region itself.

yes other pokemon get it some get two because of mega evolution

Wait what? I'm specifically referring to normal evolution like the Pichu to Pikachu video. Not contest animations nor mega evolutions. What I mean is I hope every Pokemon gets a special animation after they evolve normally.

mis read, I thought you were talking about contest animation, why wouldn't all Pokemon get the same evolution screen?

mis read, I thought you were talking about contest animation, why wouldn't all Pokemon get the same evolution screen?

Well, the video showed the new evolution animation and after Pikachu evolved, it jumped into the air. I was saying that I liked that Pokemon now have little animations after evolving. Then Guidznl pointed out that it may be possible that only Pikachu does something special after evolving and I said that I hoped that that wouldn't be the case and that all Pokemon would have an animation after evolving. I guess we'll have to wait until they release another evolution video of a different Pokemon evolving to know for sure. I really hope every Pokemon gets an animation.

[video=youtube;49S9ibkQs6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49S9ibkQs6U[/video]

Here's all those little trailers combined into one. The first half is mostly Mega Diancie and Mega Metagross, but the latter half has the various Hoenn routes and locations.

You know what looks big? Granite cave. I dunno if its the perspective or just in general the spacious feel the game has, but it looks much better then the GBA version. Hell, it looks how a cave should look, not with walled off rooms and such, but various height levels, with you being able to see farther on ahead. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they redid it all together. Or at least they added some parts to the lower level. Jagged pass also looks excellent, great to see some height to Mt Chimney. That's really all I wanted from the remakes, along with Mt Pyre and the Sky Tower. Some good height, and a feel that the world is big.

Well, the video showed the new evolution animation and after Pikachu evolved, it jumped into the air. I was saying that I liked that Pokemon now have little animations after evolving. Then Guidznl pointed out that it may be possible that only Pikachu does something special after evolving and I said that I hoped that that wouldn't be the case and that all Pokemon would have an animation after evolving. I guess we'll have to wait until they release another evolution video of a different Pokemon evolving to know for sure. I really hope every Pokemon gets an animation.

I watched the clip again and I must say, although I'm affraid Pikachu will only be the one with that animation, the whole animation doesn't look all that exclusive. What do we got? Just a quick jump and a flip. With all the battle animation, I wouldn't be all that surprised if every evolution would look like that.

I watched the clip again and I must say, although I'm affraid Pikachu will only be the one with that animation, the whole animation doesn't look all that exclusive. What do we got? Just a quick jump and a flip. With all the battle animation, I wouldn't be all that surprised if every evolution would look like that.

I agree. I don't mind if Pikachu is the only one that flips. I just hope every Pokemon does something after evolving, which, like you said, shouldn't be hard with every Pokemon already having battle animations and Pokemon-Amie animations.

isn't X and Y supposed to get some update in November?
I assume this is for more connection with OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, such as obtaining Megas, etc.

as for the region itself, the world world looks so much colorful and pretty compared to Kalos. We have yet to see Hoenn at night and I hope it looks more pretty during the night.

Back
Top Bottom