• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hoenn Region

And it looks like Route 114 may have a lava pocket now, but that may just be the coloring of the map.

They're craters, not lava.

I was talking about this specific one--that inner circle looks closer in color to the lava from Mt. Chimney than to the rock formations on Route 114, but again it may just be the coloring/scanning of the map.

Yeah, that's a crater. There was a pic shown off (I can't seem to find it now, and the ORAS website doesn't seem to be loading) of that section to showcase Secret Bases and it showed that it was a giant crater.

fg6pztP.png

someone on bulbagarden noticed this

^ I don't think that's anything to consider too deeply, games never follow these art maps 100% of the time. That said, maybe it's a passageway to the dark island off the coast near Fortree/Route 120?

Maybe I'm looking at this incorrectly, but the Abandoned Ship... well... doesn't look like a ship to me. o__o;; Can't really tell what's happening there.

Yeah I noticed this too. It looks like an island and some kind of docking area now.

^ I don't think that's anything to consider too deeply, games never follow these art maps 100% of the time. That said, maybe it's a passageway to the dark island off the coast near Fortree/Route 120?

All of the paths shown on this map are pretty clearly defined, though. This isn't, it's just a random patch of land, there's no trail that goes through it and into the trees.

Likewise, I don't think it leads to that island either for the same reason. We'll probably get there by boat.

Dunno it looks like theres a path leading up to it, if they were going to put a forest behind lilycove why leave such a small portion back in and not have the forest cover that spot too

Last edited:
Yeah, its likely that they just expanded it to be a bit more realistic, then just two trees and that's it. Otherwise, I'm still floored by their decision to make Mauville entirely indoors. I really cannot wait to see just what it looks like.

And, bolt, how is it closer to swim to the BF, when its southwest by a good amount, and the other area directly below it? Hoenn_ORAS.png

We know that there is something under the cloud between Pacifidlog and Sootopolis, because if there wasn't that cloud wouldn't be there. The same argument, albeit a little less certain, can be made for the puffy cloud east of the large green island that is south of Pacifidlog. I'm thinking it's covering a route to the island that is covered by the very bottom-right cloud.

Also, fan-dissecting aside, I love how beautiful the Hoenn region is. Such intense green and blues. Sinnoh's the only other region that comes close to it in beauty really, and that's in a completely different way.

That cloud between Sootopolis and Pacifidlog is where the Sky Tower is, so yeah we know that it holds something. As for the small puff covering a route to the bottom right cloud, are you talking about the one under it? Cause no, that would be the BF, as reached by boat. If you're talking about the same cloud I am, then look at my pic. It would be more reasonable for the route to be from there then the puff. I suspect the puff holds a legendary location, like Regigigas or something. Or it could be nothing, as the route is identical to the one in RSE:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/2b/Hoenn_Route_133_RSE.png

The misty cloud to the south-west of Pacifidlog is definitely covering something up. It looks nothing like any of the other clouds in its art style, and instead looks like mist. And yeah, Sky Pillar is definitely under that oh-so conveniently placed cloud north-east of Pacifidlog. Not that there was any doubts.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. And I completely forgot about Sky Pillar. :|

This may or may not have to do with the hoenn region itself.
But can someone tell me why Buneary and Lopunny are in this (unless it was said they are after the main game). I do love the idea of adding Pokemon like Dusknoir and Regigigas.
Any ideas where Buneary can probably be caught? I assume safari zone.

I'm really if-y on the Battle Frontier coming back or not. Covering up that part of the map might be hinting that there should be nothing there, or that they are waiting for the Frontier to be announced to update it.

This may or may not have to do with the hoenn region itself.
But can someone tell me why Buneary and Lopunny are in this (unless it was said they are after the main game). I do love the idea of adding Pokemon like Dusknoir and Regigigas.
Any ideas where Buneary can probably be caught? I assume safari zone.

Somewhere post game, anywhere. Doesn't really matter at that point.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/ca/Hoenn_Battle_Frontier_Map.png

Looking at this Gen III in-game map detailing where the Battle Frontier is, it co-incides with the big cloud south-east of Pacifidlog partially covered by the logos.
Oh, now I know why Bolt was telling me about the BF being there, I always thought they just moved it north for the game, didn't know it was actually in that position. Always thought it was under that big swirl that's south of Pacifidlog. So I guess that would be holding something new, while I assume now the Frontier can be reached by surf? I dunno, but my guess is that the huge cloud in the right hand corner of the officially released map has all 3 islands explorable, while the big swirl to the south of Pacifidlog is South Island or something.

Back
Top Bottom