• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

the hot take thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
curious to know what are some hot takes that our bulbagardeners have

although note: this thread is not to be used to vent out bigotry and intolerance, this is a fun and lighthearted thing, don't go too far with it. i trust you guys but there's a line to this stuff!

oh ho ho i have many food ones

i don't like popcorn
i really, really don't like popcorn; it smells great, but i can hardly stand the taste or texture

i've always preferred pepsi products to coke products (as well as pepsi to coke themselves)

thin crust pizza beats medium crust and thick crust by a LANDSLIDE; the only kind i prefer to thin crust is deep dish says the chicagoan

and finally... the combination of chocolate and mint is one of the best flavors on the freakin' planet and it doesn't taste anything like toothpaste

I'm more of a chocolate/pistacchio ice cream guy. My problem with chocolate/mint ice cream has to do with the latter blending too much with the former, making it taste a bit too... Alien to me if that makes sense.

When it comes to driving on highways, I believe we all should be driving 10 km/h slower than the maximum speed limit to spare some fuel and car energy instead of trying to get somewhere as fast as possible and causing speeding-related accidents. For example, in France the highway speed limit is 130 km/h, so I'll always drive at 120 km/h instead. The time loss you get from driving at 120 km/h instead of 130 km/h is a mere 5 minutes per hour. On long road trips this adds up, but since you're already taking your time to get where you need to be... Why not use it to spare fuel and energy ? :wynaut:

Edit : I keep forgetting the imperial system is a thing. 120 km/h is 74,5645 mph, and 130 km is 80,7783 mph. I don't know which highways has the highest speed limit in the U.S, so I'll let you all do the math for me :ayeaye:

Last edited:
  • Staff
dunno if this is a hot take necessarily but.... i don't care for watching movies. it could be because i actually haven't watched a movie in years, but i do not have netflix, disney+, hulu, or really any of the streaming services. i don't care for them a whole lot.

the downside to this is that i become quite removed and disconnected from pop culture a bit, at least surrounding television shows and movies. but i'm fine with that. rarely do i have so much time in the day to spend on a movie, anyway (or binge watching for that matter).

I will never embrace wireless headphones. Whenever some poor sod attempts to profess at me the "convenience" of owning bluetooth earbuds, I cannot help but laugh.

First off, I just think they're ugly, and this is my only subjective point. Something about them feels gross, which I don't get since they're basically regular headphones without the wires, but I handle them the same way one does with hair clogging the shower drain. Airpods I find particularly unappealing since they look uncomfortable, like miniature hair dryers. How the hell do they even stay in one's ears?
Secondly, they are not nearly as convenient just because they have a wider range of motion: they get lost easily, must be charged, and are expensive. In contrast, wired headphones are not as easy to drop/misplace, don't need to be charged, and exist at basically any pricepoint; if they get broken or lost, they are easily replaced.
For my third point, it's strange to see so many people go about their entire day with these things in their ears. I even see people driving while wearing them and I'm pretty sure that's illegal. I can't imagine how sweaty and disgusting these people's ear canals are after 8 hours. Also, it doesn't matter if they have some sort of function to pause or whatever, it's straight up rude to have a conversation with someone and not take out the headphones, yet I see this all the time.
And finally anything bluetooth just gives me the heebie jeebies. (Okay, this is another subjective thing, bite me.) I don't think it's toxic or some sort of Big Wireless conspiracy or whatever, simply that a physical cable connection feels more secure.

Did not expect to write this much but jeebus I'm tired of listing all this stuff out whenever some normie says I should jUsT gO WiReLeSs.

I think these are hot takes?

Ketchup and Coke tastes good when mixed.
The best way to eat a hamburger is to eat it piece by piece.
Chips taste better when they've been grinded into a powder.
LGBTQIA+ flags need more variety beyond horizontal stripes.

nerd culture and identifying yourself as being a 'nerd' is fricking embarassing

to be clear here: i am not talking about having 'nerdy' interests or whatever, but that specific type of 'i'm such a NERD' thing that was popular in the late 2000s and into the 2010s that you still see around sometimes today where it was less about your interests and more about CONSUME NERD PRODUCT, REFERENCE POP CULTURE, YOU ARE A NERD - BUY NERD STUFF. the stuff that lead to shit like ready player one being popular and lootcrates and other mystery box products.

I eat my cereal dry with no milk. The crunch is too satisfying and I feel the milk can overwhelm the flavor of the cereal. I'm already a bit mixed on milk by itself too, so that's also a bit of a factor.

Sometimes I put chex in my hot chocolate though, and that's actually pretty good

I eat my cereal dry with no milk. The crunch is too satisfying and I feel the milk can overwhelm the flavor of the cereal. I'm already a bit mixed on milk by itself too, so that's also a bit of a factor.

Sometimes I put chex in my hot chocolate though, and that's actually pretty good

tbh same. there's certain cereal like reese's that go better with milk/taste just as good with milk, but oftentimes there are other cereal that taste kinda eh with it. cinnamon toast crunch comes to mind, because i've tried eating it with milk many times and didn't feel very satisfied with it compared to it dry, but that's me, personally.

i forgot it was a weird thing until recently so here it is.... i sleep with socks on..... always do and always will...... my feet are freezing 99% of the time so i just can't take them off at all unless i want them to turn into ice blocks. very rarely are my feet too warm to keep socks on. it's crazy to me that wearing socks to bed is such a big deal

I don’t understand the hype around clothing brands or stuff like Stanley cups they don’t have any value and they give a boost of popularity over clothes or accessories which in my opinion is just stupid

I think that kids under 15 don’t belong on YouTube making videos unless the channel is helped run by the kids parents/guardians or they don’t show their face/mention their age.

I think that emulation should be banned if the game is still being sold physically by the company who published said game (for example TotK should not be emulated, but pokemon black and white can)

Streaming services are redundant when the piece of media can be accessed via other means and overall useless cause they are adding stuff that ruins their point

I'm not gonna quote the above post cuz I am not interested in starting an argument but my hot take about emulation is that if Nintendo doesn't want people to emulate their current gen games, then they should release more powerful hardware so people won't feel like they have to emulate their games on PC in order to play them at an acceptable framerate and/or resolution.

Back
Top Bottom