• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got another "good" episode this week. The Lonely Deino kept 9 pieces of music out of 20, so 45% almost half. I wondered if anyone else noticed this, but after the title card there was a split second of the Japanese music for the scene after there.

I wondered if anyone else noticed this, but after the title card there was a split second of the Japanese music for the scene after there.
Aha! So they're replacing music for "artistic" reasons!

Lush/Extravagant, my butt.

This will never happen, but I'm betting that like the Riolu two parter, the Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus two parter will have all of the music intact, and then back to crap again after that. Again, I have my serious doubts.

You know, you'd think that if they wanted to make "lush, extravagant" music, they'd make such music. I know that we all have our differing opinions but nobody for legit reasons can say that cruddy Cartoonish synth is "better" than actual orchestrated music unless they were persuasive like they were the world's best lawyer.

And again, why are they keeping some of Miyazaki's music rather than keeping all of it or none of it (the latter not recommended at all)? It makes no sense.

Tcpi have done an excellent job with the dub bgm and i applaud them for it. 10/10

Tcpi have done an excellent job with the dub bgm and i applaud them for it. 10/10

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N), if you're going to keep saying the dub BGM is great without reasoning then don't post in this thread. It's fairly obvious you're just doing it to incite reactions, and any more instances will result in either Pointless Post infractions of Flaming and Baiting infractions.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N), if you're going to keep saying the dub BGM is great without reasoning then don't post in this thread. It's fairly obvious you're just doing it to incite reactions, and any more instances will result in either Pointless Post infractions of Flaming and Baiting infractions.

I never knew it was bannable to actually like the dub bgm, Well actually i did, because you banned me for actually liking it o_O

i prefer the dub bgm, due to how limited the raw bgm is and you often hear the same soundtrack over and over, and the dub gives it more variety, and everytime i watch a dubbed episode of pokemon i get a different experience from the raw which make's me want to watch it

No, everytime you've received an infraction in this thread its because you flamed other users. I don't personally care if you like the dub BGM music or not, but when ever anyone says they don't like it with reasons you always respond saying one-liner's such as "The dub music is amazing, more paint edits needed!". It's trolling, it adds nothing to the thread as you never go into detail like others do and its got to stop.

If you want to continue this discussion you may Private Message me.

Pathetic, The Mighty Accelgaurd To The Rescue kept a measly 5 pieces of music. There were 26 pieces in the original, so that's a whopping 19% kept.

Pathetic, The Mighty Accelgaurd To The Rescue kept a measly 5 pieces of music. There were 26 pieces in the original, so that's a whopping 19% kept.

Really? I counted 25 pieces in the original, but I could be wrong. Either way, this is atrocious. I kinda knew that they were going to replace Looker's theme with some of their own "talent" now that season 15 is having less Japanese BGM.

Cant you guys just accept change?

If the changes are actually "good," then I can live and tolerate with it at the very least. But if it's bad, like in the case of this thread's subject, then, to be perfectly blunt, no. No I cannot.

At this point, it feels like we're going on like a broken record that nobody can or wants to fix.

Last edited:
I am guessing that the numerous times that Looker's theme have been played in the same episode are counted separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom