• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hunger Games [Non-Pokemon RP] [Sign up's open!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebansu

ew
Reaction score
The Hunger Games

“Welcome to the 78th Annual Hunger Games!” They chirped, without a care in the world, “May the odds be ever in your favour! Now let's get started!” They dip their hand into the glass ball and pull out a piece of paper, “Our tributes are......”

More Info:

This is the 78th Hunger Games. No rebellion has taken place, Katniss and Peeta? They were just the usual tributes, the thing with the berries never happened. The quarter quell was just the victors, no one escaped, only one came out alive. District 13? For all you know it doesn't even exist.
You are not required to have read the books, are watched the film to be in this RP. You just have to know the general idea of it all.
24 tributes, two from each of the twelve districts are entering the Hunger Games arena. The Hunger Games is a game of survival, a fight to the death amongst the 24 tributes, only one can come out alive.

Rules:
No walking over to someone, and just killing them without them putting up a fight. ( Combat is explained later in the Sign Up)
I don't really care about swearing, just don't go doing it for the sake of it.
Keep romance PG – 13.
If you have been asked to decide the outcome of a fight, then you must be neutral.
If we don't get enough sign ups, then there will be NPCS. Most will die in the bloodbath at the beginning, but there will be four who escape. If I feel that someone hasn't really had a chance to RP because their character has already died, I'll give them the opportunity to create an SU for one of the NPCS and use them.
For this NPC thing to work, I'll have to say, one tribute each. Otherwise things will get complicated.

How Combat Works:
First of all you have to find your opponent, you can't just say '….spotted.....' you have to have been near them.
No one hit KO's that person has to have had a chance to reply.
You get one dodge every battle.
Once you're both injured enough someone who isn't in the RP, (who was in and has already been killed) or a neutral RPer will decide who can deliver the final blow, and kill their opponent. If though, they decide, that all fighters, have taken an equal amount of damage, they can tell someone to flee.
No instant recoveries, and if you've been seriously injured then the decider can say that you have fatal injuries, that if aren't cured within a matter of time, you will die.

How Sponsors Work:
If you have done something worthy enough in the RP of being rewarded then a GM or co-GM can send a package to you, containing one thing. You can decide what's in it, as long as it's believable. Remember, you're in a game that encourages you to fight to the death, no one;s going to send you a fluffy teddy.

How Moving Works:
There will be a map. Each square in this map will say how long it takes to travel across this square.
There will be key in the map describing what the terrain is like in different areas. This is so people won't just go and find water straight away, and make up some imaginary trees. Every now and then I'll ask for each person to post their co-ordinates (which square you're in.) So I can check if anyone's cheating, and so people can see if they're close to each other etc.
If you're caught cheating for the first time then one battle dodge will be taken away from you. For a second time and you won't be allowed any sponsor packages. Third, and you're out of the RP. Simple.

The Sign up:

Name: self explanatory
Nickname: optional
District: what district are you from?
Personality: Just a brief thing so we can get to know your character.
Appearance: again just a brief thing. Don't bother with clothes, just mainly facial stuff and height
History: this is optional, I'll probably just scan this section if you do chose to write something.
Specialities: what is the tribute good at? Camouflage? Archery? Are they an all rounder? Don't make your tribute amazing at everything though.
Other: anything else you might like to add, including questions.

My Sign Up:

Name: Keelin Caecilia
Nickname: N/A
District: District 11
Personality: Keelin is quite smart, she's generally quite good at thinking up tactics, and isn't a foolish sort of person either. She isn't quiet, but is cautious of people, and may appear shy at first.
Appearance: Keelin has long black hair which she ties in a ponytail for the Games. She isn't massively tall, but is still around average height. She has green eyes, and a pale complexion.
History: N/A
Specialities: She is good at setting traps and can fight quite well with a spear.
Other: N/A

Districts:

District 1:
Male: Monaco Gordon ( That Guy )
Female:

District 2:
Male: Maximilian Diocletian ( BlazeMaster )
Female: Nessarose Eyre (Elphie)

District 3:
Male: Jakob Web (Summer Camp)
Female: Alice Crow ( America* )

District 4:
Male:
Female: Kyla Hale (Flame Mistress)

District 5:
Male:
Female:

District 6:
Male:
Female:

District 7:
Male:
Female: Sam McBain (mwto)

District 8:
Male:
Female:

District 9:
Male: Kristine Silvester (Rue)
Female:

District 10:
Male:
Female: Kate Ferguson ( Agent Gryphon)

District 11:
Male:
Female: Keelin Caecilia (ebansu)

Distrct 12:
Male:
Female: Evelyn Fhey ( DarthPerma07 )

Feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:
Name:Sam McBain
District: 7
Personality: Sam is brave and always willing to take on a challenge, but she is also caring towards those younger than her making her want to protect younger tributes.She thinks things out before acting, choosing plan over action.
Appearance: Upper back length dark brown hair that she puts in a ponytail for the games, chocolate eyes and light skin.
Specialities:Good at surveilance/camouflage and using far-ranged weapons like daggers and arrows.

Last edited:
Name: Monaco Gordon

District: 1

Personality: He can be very naive at times, perhaps verging on blatant gullibility. However, he is aware of this as a character flaw, and consciously makes up for it by being highly suspicious of others. That said, if he trusts someone, he will do so almost blindly. Despite all of this, his default mood is one of cheerful ambivolence.

Appearance: He is of medium height and middle-length dark black hair. His skin tone is somewhat pale, and his teeth are notably angular.

Specialities: He has fair athletic capabilities, making him more the sort to run away than fight. In armed combat, though, knives- or blades in general- are his weapon of choice.

Name: Evelyn Fhey

Nickname: Evy

District: 12

Personality: Evelyn is a smart girl, she knows how to solve many puzzles. She is very outgoing and isn't afraid to tell what's on her mind.

Appearance: She has some freckles and long Blonde hair that gets put into two braids during the games. She is 5' 5" and she has pale skin.

History: -None-

Specialities: Evelyn is great at spear throwing and is a fast runner. She is bad at camouflaging herself and is not very good at shooting a bow and arrow

Accepted! I'll add you to the list now! If you guys know anyone who'd be interested in the RP tell them about this! It'd be great if we could make it into a really big RP and get a good 12 tributes, more if possible!

Agent Gryphon has also joined the RP, so we have five players. If we don't get any more then the RP will still start, because including the NPCS nine tributes will survive the bloodbath, and even if it's just for boosting numbers, if say in a week's time we still have a similar amount of players then I may let some people have two characters ^_^

Could you reserve me a spot? My sign-up will be posted as soon as possible.

Name: Maximilian Diocletian

Nickname: To the Max

District: 2

Personality: Maximilian has a quick mind, but once he is enraged he becomes a brute. Although priviledged, he is used to roughing it out.

Appearance: He is quite short, at just 4'12". He has blonde hair and a round face, with blue eyes. He usually wears khaki gear and black boots.

Specialities: Maximilian is agile, and is especially good with knives and endurance running. He is alright with larger combat weapons but bad with anything long ranged. He is bad at short distance running but quite cunning and knows about nature.

Last edited:
Accepted! I'll add you to the list now! If you happen to know anyone that mght be interested in this RP spread the word so we can make it as big as possible! C:

Im on my iPod right-now, so I can't C/P. ASAP, I'll put-up my old SU for the girl from 2.

Name: Alice Crow
District: 3
Personality: Alice is an adventurous girl. Back home in District 3, she was always getting into trouble. Despite being mischievous, she is extremely smart and cunning and loves manipulating people. She doesn't trust others and doesn't expect them to trust her; she would stab even the closest ally in the back if she needed to. She is not violent or bloodthirsty, and doesn't like killing people, but if it ensures her survival she will do it.
Appearance: Alice is about 5'5", give or take a few inches. She has long, thick black hair that rests a little lower than shoulder length and is very wavy. She has very pale skin, as if she's spent most of her time indoors, and she has sharp icy blue eyes.
Specialities: Physically, Alice is average in every possible way. She's average height and not particularly fast or strong, although her thin body leaves her flexible and agile. She doesn't have high pain tolerance - however, she is wicked smart. She's grown up around electronics and gadgets and knows how to manipulate things to her advantage. She's got good hand-eye coordination developed from working with machines, and is good at throwing light, sharp objects such as knives or metal stars.
Other: Alice has a white cat, Luna, that often rides on her shoulder. She does not take it with her to the Games.

Elphie, no worries, I've seen it, I'l add you to the list no need to copy and paste it! And America* you're accepted! Thanks for all the sign ups everyone! ^_^

Well with everything going so well we will wait a few days for the reservations, and see if we can get any more sign ups, and then if by like Friday night or whatever, possibly Sunday we'll start. That cool with everyone? SU's are still open though right up until the RP starts! Unfortunately with this type of RP we can't keep them open once it starts :S And I've counted it up we should have about 12- 13 tributes so far NPCS included, so the bloodbath at the beginning won't be completley unrealistic. Um, also, if we do happen to get a load more SIgn Ups (unlikely but hey) there won't be a bloodbath because that really isn't fair on people :/

Name: Kyla Hale

Nickname: N/A

District: 4

Personality: Kyla is calm and reserved; she analyzes each situation she finds herself in carefully, and never acts without thinking beforehand (unless it is an instinctive reaction, or an emergency). She is quite intelligent, being able to set up as well as dodge traps skillfully, and has a vast knowledge about different fish and plants that live near bodies of water. She doesn't easily trust others, and is careful to never let her guard down. Despite her calm exterior, she is actually very athletic; she can swim like a mermaid, she can run long distances quickly and without tiring, she can hold her breath for minutes on end, and can easily climb up and navigate through the trees.

Appearance: Kyla stands at a modest 163cm, and has a skinny figure which suggests that she hasn't been very well fed. Her face is quite small and triangular. Her straight, raven-black hair is quite short, falling to just over her shoulders, so that it's more convenient when she is running or swimming. She has sharp, blue-grey eyes, and small lips. Her legs are quite muscular, thanks to her athletic training.

Specialities: Obviously Kyla is very good at running and swimming. She doesn't quickly tire, and can keep on going for longer than most other people. She's also pretty fast and flexible, and can dodge attacks easily, as well as climb up trees. She is very cunning, thanks to the tactics she learnt while learning to fish; she can adapt these fish-baiting tactics to use them against humans, such as setting up traps. Kyla is quite good at body combat, thanks to her strength, but isn't skilled in handling any weapons other than spears or tridents, as she is familiar with those weapons due to their usage in fishing. She is better at throwing these weapons than actually handling them close up against her opponent. She also knows how to fish, which could be useful.

Other: N/A

Flame Mistress you're accepted! I'm thinking about starting the RP now on Sunday because I'm not in a brilliant frame of mind tonight and I've got relatives over tomorrow so won't be abl;e to stay on the PC for an extensive amount of time.

@ColourTheory I really need your SU up ASAP

And to anyone else considering joining the RP, SU's will be open up until the very last minute. If you reserve I can delay opening the RP for 24 hours, but no longer ^_^

Ok we're still waiting for CT's sign up, if it's not her by Tuesday night then we're starting! Sorry!

Ebansu , can I still sign up or is it too late?

Name: Kristine Silvester
Nickname: Krissy
District: 9
Personality: Krissy is painfully shy, but is capable of forcing herself into social interaction if the need arises. (Like at school or other places where it's mandatory to have "friends") She's of medium intelligence, but she's great at thinking things up when she's in a pinch. She takes her time on larger and not so immediate problems though, but not really by choice. She doesn't trust other people in the slightest, and doesn't really like people at all.
Appearance: Krissy is short, standing only at 5'1", and has short hair that is as golden as the waves of grain from her home district. She has unusually large feet for such a little person, and her nose looks a bit like it was smashed into her face, but when she gives you a smile and her green eyes light up she looks absolutely charming.
Specialties: Krissy is proficient at camouflaging herself, and since she's so small Krissy is able to easily find great hiding places. Her real talent though is with scythe-like objects, because she's been taught to work with those at home to help with the harvest of the grain. Krissy is great at identifying the fruits of the field, but is hopeless at trying to figure out any other edible plants.
Other: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom