• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hunger Games [Non-Pokemon RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebansu

ew
Reaction score
THE HUNGER GAMES

"Welcome to The 67th Annual Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your favour!" The gong sounded, signalling that we only had a minute to take in our surrondings. I looked around at the other 23 tributes and prepared myself...

Plot

Every year, as a reminder of The Dark Days, in Panem there are the Hunger Games, a game to the death between all twelve districts in Panem. Each district must send two tributes to fight in the Hunger Games, one male and one female, but there will only be one tribute left standing from one of the districts by the end of the games. The tributes must be within the ages of 12-18 and are selected by lottery. This is the 67th Annual Hunger Games.

More information

You have been selected by your District, whether by lottery or volunteer, to represent that District in the 67th Annual Hunger Games. No characters like Haymitch, Katniss, Effie, or Peeta are to be mentioned in the RP, Haymitch can be mentioned if in the RP you've seen his Hunger Games though but not by name. Mentors will send you 'gifts' from your Sponsors, and because I want to be in the RP that means I could do with another co-GM just to help out with that sort of stuff, if anyone would be interested in that it'd be great, and could you VM or PM me about it! I trust you to read all of this and the rules, please do, but I'm not going to ask you to put some kind of code in your SU!

Rules

- If you die, you die, no complaints, if you really want to be part of the RP still then VM me and I might be able to find someway for you to stay part of it.
- No walking up to someone and instantly killing them or just going '.... saw ........ and killed her using his knife' or whatever, it's not fair on the other RPer, if you think someone's somewhere you need to give a description of why like 'there was blood on the rock', or 'there were footprints' or both of you just encounter each other. Both tributes though should give a post stating like '.......saw footprints and saw that it lead to ....'s camp where they sat in a tree for example' before just going and killing them.
- Ok, it's the Hunger Games, people are going to get killed so there's going to be gore. Just don't go too extreme....
- 3 days without food or water and you die of stravation or dehydration.
- Me and whoever the co--GM is (if there is one) will be the only two allowed to change times and sound the cannon, and/or, say when the anthems playing and the faces will be shown in the sky.
- I will make a map, using a gird to show how long it will take to travel places so we don't have people cheating and making up imaginary water sources, or getting to water or food far to quick. It will also say where all the animals are.
- You're not required to have read the book, just google it to make sure you have a vague idea or if you're too lazy to read it then watch maybe the film trailer?? I don't know, just make sure you have a vague idea of wahst going on.
- Have fun! If there's anything you need to ask just VM or PM me!

SU Sheet

Name: (self explanitory)
District: (which district are you from?)
History: (Family, rich or poor? Hows life in the district? What is life like, what role do you take up in your family? etc. don't want any more than four paragraphs)
Personality: (What are you like, strong, brave, quite, stupid etc.)
Skills: (What kind of skills do you have that will be helpful in the arena?)
Allies: (Do you have any current Allies in the arena? Maybe consider VMing someone or PMing someone about this before you go ahead and say there your ally)
Other: (Anything else)

District Tributes:

District 1
Male;
Female;

District 2
Male;
Female;

District 3
Male;
Female;

Distrcit 4
Male;
Female;

District 5
Male;
Female;

District 6
Male;
Female;

District 7
Male;
Female;

District 8:
Male;
Female;

Distrcit 9

Male;
Female;

Distrcit 10
Male;
Female;

District 11:
Male;
Female;

Distrcit 12:

Male;
Female; Kate Ferguson

Last edited:
So the RP is pretty much set about 5-7 years or so before the 74th Hunger Games isn't it? (Featuring Peeta and Katniss), I think they would be too young by then (Well Kat that is) to even be in it. Anyways read all three so I thought I would join.

Name: Kate Ferguson

District: District 12

History: (Less then four paragraphs? Well I will try to keep it short, I tend to go all out with history)
Kate never knew her real family, rumors has it they are a rich family in District 1 but Kate grew up believing it was nothing but a fantasy. Nobody knew how she came to District 12, other then when she was five she was dropped off in the street, so she fought to survive feeding on garbage and leftovers, sometimes even having to feed on mices and other small animals. During this time she learned how to survive for long periods of time, and even came up with some skills. She was able to hide from authorities until she became 11, and was forced to live with an poor old man who never paid her much attention, it was basically like living on the streets anyways for her. Kate managed to never get into the Hunger Games.. until now. Kate didn't really care if she was in it or not, her life was tough enough as it was, she wouldn't care if she survived or died in the arena but she will fight to survive anyways.

Personality: Living on the streets all on her own made Kate a more hardened personality, she didn't trust anyone and would often prefer to be alone, due that nobody would help Kate when she was an orphaned child lost and alone. She is tough and also fast, Kate has also become good at lying and hiding, in hopes she will survive for another day but deep down inside Kate's inner child with a sweet, innocent and kind personality struggles to get out. Despite her personality, if she was allied with anyone Kate may not trust them but she wouldn't backstab them either.

Skills: Kate is excellent with hiding, and running fast. She has managed to survive on small morsels of food and water for days. She has also some skills with a dagger and a bow, something she found in an abandoned house and she keeps with her. Kate is also highly sensitive to hearing things so she will know if an enemy is trying to sneak behind her.

Allies: None at the moment.
Other: (Anything else)

Hey Ebansu! I was wondering if I could be the co-GM? Id love to get involved, but I get to attatched to some characters and if mine died id be to sad :p

Yeah sure, that's be great actually 'cos I kind of wanted to be part of the RP myself, and I think it might seem unfair with packages off sponsors and stuff XD I was thinking of having a three package per person throughout the RP kind of thing, but I'll VM or PM you nearer to the time if we get anymore sign ups!

Name: Hutch Manock

History: Hutch was raised in a wealthy family in the prosperous District 2. Hutch was raised with the mindset of a Career Tribute and voluntarily enters the Huger Games. Hutch's father is a former Hunger Games winner himself and has high expectations for his young song. Hutch's entire family is counting on him to win the entire Hunger Games and bring pride to them and to District 2. Hutch strongly dislikes his young brother, Henry, for being "weak" and crying when Hutch volunteered to participate in the games. Hutch considers Henry's fear of being reaped to be a great disgrace to the family and to the Hunger Games itself. Due to growing up in one of the more wealthy districts, Hutch spent his entire childhood being trained by his father so that he might one day win the Hunger Games. Hutch looks up to his father and reveres him for winning the Hunger Games.

Many of the men in Hutch's family have had a history of placing quite far in the Hunger Games which puts pressure on Hutch to win the Hunger Games himself. His father seems to show no concern for his son, and doesn't care if his son is injured. His father cares more about Hutch winning the Games and will consider Hutch's death a disgrace to him and to the family. Due to Henry's fear of being reaped, his father generally ignores Henry and openly insults him and mocks him. Henry is often compared to Hutch who is considered "the pride of the family".

Personality: Hutch was raised with a Career mindset meaning that he will do whatever it takes to win. Hutch voluntarily entered the Games due to a sense of duty and an eagerness to please his father. Hutch's main motivation for entering the Games was to bring pride to his district and to his father. As a result of this, Hutch will kill anyone who gets in his way, no matter who they are. The only people Hutch plans on trusting is the other Career Tributes and his district partner. Hutch's career mindset gives him a somewhat sadistic personality. Hutch openly enjoys violence and pain. Hutch believes that reaped tributes are the "weaker tributes" and will be easier to pick off in the beginning. Hutch generally frowns upon tributes from District 5 and onward to District 12. Hutch also dislikes reaped tributes and tributes who avoid picking a fight.

Skills: Due to being raised in a wealthy district, Hutch has received many years of training from his father. His training with his father has allowed him to become very strong and very fast. Hutch is also skilled in aiming and throwing, which would make him skilled with a bow and arrow. However, Hutch refuses to use a bow and arrow claiming that "they are for girls" and also claims that "a real warrior uses a sword". Hutch's first goal in the game is to obtain a strong weapon (Preferably an axe or a sword) and to ruthlessly pick off the weaker tributes before he turns on the other Career tributes.

Allies: Career Tributes, His district partner.

Other: Hutch's main flaw is that he is very simple and doesn't give much thought into stealth or hiding. Hutch's agility is his only weak spot. Hutch doesn't bother to hide but charges straight for his enemies.

Name: Nessarose "Nessa" Eyres*

District: 2

History: Nessa is the middle child of an affluent Career family, sandwiched between her two brothers, Einnar and Kuman. Her family doesn't place much value *on girls, so she was trained vigorously, like all the other Career children, but the Eyres family never really considered her being in the Games.*

Nessa was tired of being ignored, so she volunteered at 15 instead of waiting till she was 18 like most people, just to prove she could do it.*

Personality: Nessa is somewhat quiet, but she's friendly towards the people she feels she can trust, at-least at the moment, like the other Careers. She can be a bit mischievous, but she thinks things through, and she's careful when it comes to strategy. She is very clever

Skills: Like all other District-2 kids, Nessa has been trained for the Games her whole life. She is small, light, and fast, which works to her advantage. She is skilled with aim and distance. She prefers to fight with a butterfly-knife and throwing-knives, or sometimes with a *bow.*

Allies: Career-tributes, her District-partner.*

Other:
winnie.jpg

This is Nessa.

I'm thinking of requesting a place, but I don't have enough time with my busy schedule ^^;

In case I can, though, I have a quick question. Are we dealing with the events before the actual Games take place? Because if there's only the games, won't most of the players die in the very beginning anyway?

Um guys I'm really sorry but it doesn't look like this will be startiing anymore, because I lost the map and I put this up over three months ago, there wasn't enough interest shown at the time. BUT I will consider doing a new start up for it, and I might post something in the Metronome Forum to see if they'll be anyone willing to co-GM with me and to see if there's still interest in it.

^^ And I'm sorry Buzz could you elaborate a bit, I don't really get what you mean. Like won't people just die at the beginning? Is that your question. No, I might do a one day protection thing or something, because I don't think itll be fair if someone works really hard on a sign up or something and then dies like two hours into the RP. I also might have to work on ways for it to work with people fighting, I'm hoping there might be a co-GM with better idea for that than the ones I've got.

I'll probably sign up if this is actually going to start. Are we allowed multiple characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom