• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DISCUSSION: The hypothetical 3rd version plot theorycrafting thread.

Morningstar

Memeber
Reaction score
Context (and why it is on this specific forum): I have an idea for a three part fic that focuses on the Kalos, Paldea and Alola plotlines in that specific order, and as part of that idea several sub-ideas that blend elements from the eight games that are usually version exclusive in some aspects that would bring to mind games like Emerald and Platinum. As such I wanted to make a more general thread on asking how Gen-6 and beyond's plotlines would be if they there were given a third version (or 5th version in Alola's case) a la the aforementioned Emerald/Platinum.

The intended topics here are (S/V spoiler warning)
  • How would the Version Exclusive bosses be accommodate?
  • How would the resident antagonist's schemes change to accommodate both/all three of the respective region's legendaries
  • Kalos: What role would Zygarde have in Kalos? (only specifying it because Necrozma has the Ultra games, Eternatus is already plot relevant in Galar and Paldea's equivalent seems to be teased for a similar role)
  • How would contradictory depictions of certain characters be synthesized?
  • Alola: Assuming the Ultra Recon Squad is relevant, what would their dynamics with the other notable factions be if they're in a story closer to base Sun/Moon
  • Paldea:
    What is Arven's relationships with both Sada and Turo in the context of a third version plotline
  • And finally how would one build upon the villainous schemes of the base games in the same way Emerald, Platinum and Black/White 2 did? What gaps would be filled in, and what aspects would be focused on? (notable subjects here, Team Flare and Macro Cosmos)
I hope this discussion would be fruitful.

Full disclosure: my knowledge of third versions comes from playing half of Platinum and looking up everything I can on Hoenn. Going on an "alternate universe" third version rather than a "sequel" third version:
  • How would the Version Exclusive bosses be accommodate?
Proposal for Kalos: Lysandre captures both box Legendaries and tries to fire the Ultimate Weapon, only to be stopped by Zygarde. Something something Zygarde absorbs the energy of the weapon and goes on a frenzy, so the player must track them down (or the individual cells). Or rip off whatever the anime did, Steven included
For Alola: Something something Solgaleo and Lunala both fuse with Necrozma, creating an Ultimate Life Form

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom