• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice The idea box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan Ninetales

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
Well, it's that time again folks! We'd like to hear from YOU what you'd like to see in the Role-playing section. Have ideas to boost activity? Post them. Have ideas to help the community? Post them! Ideas to help promote RP? Post them! We'd like to hear all ideas and suggestions you may have.

NOTE: ALL BULBAGARDEN FORUM RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED.

Important Q and A:

Q: Can we get the sub sections back?
A: No. Until we can get enough activity and RP threads to support the need for having a sub section for sign ups and starter threads, there isn't a need to seperate them.

Q: What if I don't want to make a suggestion in public?
A: That's perfectly fine. You can PM any of the RP mods.

Q: What if I sent a PM but never got a response?
A: Chances are that we've been busy, but we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Any questions? Feel free to ask. Let's strive to make this a wonderful, active community! :)

@Flaze;
@Yang Xiao Long;
@Prez;
@Winter Rain;

I think we should have another RP Awards. We have a lot more RPs around than we did last time, and while it didn't do so well that time, the previous few times the RP Awards were won, they did pretty well.

I think we should have another RP Awards. We have a lot more RPs around than we did last time, and while it didn't do so well that time, the previous few times the RP Awards were won, they did pretty well.

I think that would be a wonderful idea, but my concern is that we aren't really active enough to hold one. The way I'd see it is that the same ones would be winning over and over. I want it to be fair for everyone involved, and I want everyone to have a chance. However It will be kept in mind.

I believe you should be advertising your RPs in your signatures. Another section here gave me an idea; they post in various places with banners in their signatures from their game; RP should be no different. HS' signature is a good example; put the name, a link to the thread, and details of the RP.

Beyond that, members just need to post in other places. Let people know that the RP section exists among the massive number of sections and subsections. Be active in a lot of different places.

EDIT: If you don't have an RP, you should promote the section itself in your sig. A really small banner or some bold, centered text saying "Hey, Listen!" with a link to back to here could go a long way.

On the RP awards, I agree with Ariel. It's something we've had in the back of our minds for awhile, and I just don't think we have the infrastructure to support it right now. In the future, definitely something we can look into.

As for sig advertisement, that's an excellent idea. I'm definitely on board for people using their sigs to advertise for their own RPs, RPs they're in or just the section in general. Just remember the forum sig rules and don't make your sigs too big.

I'm actually going to have a banner made for my own sig, and then I'll try to do some more advertising. I also plan on running a basic Journey Pokemon RP. I feel like we have a lot of complicated RPs, and while that isn't bad, some users might want something more simple. I also feel like it will be less intimidating for newer users to jump in and join in on some Rps as well.

I believe you should be advertising your RPs in your signatures. Another section here gave me an idea; they post in various places with banners in their signatures from their game; RP should be no different. HS' signature is a good example; put the name, a link to the thread, and details of the RP.

Beyond that, members just need to post in other places. Let people know that the RP section exists among the massive number of sections and subsections. Be active in a lot of different places.

EDIT: If you don't have an RP, you should promote the section itself in your sig. A really small banner or some bold, centered text saying "Hey, Listen!" with a link to back to here could go a long way.

If anyone wants a banner, I make them.

If you don't have an RP, you should promote the section itself in your sig. A really small banner or some bold, centered text saying "Hey, Listen!" with a link to back to here could go a long way.

Is my sig ok for advertising? Too colourful or long or something? I'm open to suggestions here!

Last edited:
I would suggest making a stickied thread for users to toss their RP ideas out among one another. It would help users take interest checks before deciding whether or not to actually make an RP, which overall I think is a good idea that could help with people being more confident about their roleplay being a success.

I would suggest making a stickied thread for users to toss their RP ideas out among one another. It would help users take interest checks before deciding whether or not to actually make an RP, which overall I think is a good idea that could help with people being more confident about their roleplay being a success.

The metronome board exists for that very reason - usually, it's used for discussion threads but interest checks are welcome. Throwing everything into one single topic would yield too much potential for it being skipped over when discussion is afoot.

Of course, right now it would be good since the section is pretty quiet. But, it'll have to be addressed in the future when more people drop in.

@Ravio; Looks good to me, Ravi. I'm not an official, so you'd have to ask them.

Took the words right from my mouth, Yun.

If you don't have an RP, you should promote the section itself in your sig. A really small banner or some bold, centered text saying "Hey, Listen!" with a link to back to here could go a long way.

Is my sig ok for advertising? Too colourful or long or something? I'm open to suggestions here!

I think it looks lovely! When I get off mobile, I'll see if I can work on a banner. Unless, that is, if anyone else wants to help by making one as well?

@Ravio; you really know how to sell yourself there :p

And well we did use to have the Sounding Board where people were able to drop their ideas in and get advice from others or just talk about whether people would be interested in joining or not. I think doing another thread like that would be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom