• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "If Pokémon Were Real" Thread

Re: The "If Pokemon Were Real" thread

Me and a few of my friends always talk about this, and in theory it would be great, but there is to much evil in the world for it to actually work out.

I would go and journey the world entering leagues and battling other stong trainers before eventually settling down and becoming the head Frontier Brain, since begin Pokemon Champion would be WAY too stressful for me. My team would probably be the one I have now:

Empoleon, Gallade, Aggron, Houndoom, Staraptor, Gengar, Salamence, Drapion, Jolteon, Garchomp, Roserade, Lucario, Weavile and Abomasnow.

Im my faciltiy , i.e. the Battle Palace, you would have a choice of facing any 3 pokemon from the listed above. I already do something similar when I do competitive battling, since I really can't stand 6 v 6 battles unless its a semi-final or final battle, they take ages. even though I always win :p

*sigh*

If only pokemon were real.

Last edited:

If pokemon were real, experts like us would be much more respected.

Definite Yes! If Pokemon were real, it would be too dangerous to walk alone anywhere. Imagine living in the city and going down an alley. You find a pack of luxio and luxray who get defensive and decide to pump you with 1,000 volts of their Thunder attack. You're as good as dead. Little kids would constantly be getting hurt by the multitude of wild animals with special abilities that make them more lethal. But on the other side i would totally go on a journey and train my ultimate team and beat every gym and pokemon league around.

when i was younger, i had a dream that pokemon were real lol

I had a dream like that a couple weeks ago. In it I had a Hitmontop(A pokemon I've never used in any of the games) so the next day I got on my HG and I got myself a Hitmontop

I'd want to become a gym leader or one of the elite four. I've always felt like that would be a fun thing to do. I'd be an ice trainer. Plus, gym leaders probably have get together and stuff, so I could meet the other gym leaders and elite four and champion. XD

If Pokemon were real, I'd probably just keep them as pets. Sounds boring but I can't imagine being a traveling Pokemon trainer, it would be exhausting. I also couldn't be a gym leader because, I'd be a crappy trainer if I did take that route. :p

When I was younger, I had dreams that I had a Charizard which I trained in my backyard and he would fly me to school. That still sounds awesome, I must say.

I would probably raise some. I would hope for a Qwilfish that I find in a river,as wellas a Growlithe and Shinx for me to raise into an Arcanine and Luxray. Then I would use them for bodyguards, and pets, too.

actually, i would have a lot more pokemon on the human shape status, so i would actually treat them more like actual human beings lol

I would probably have a vulpix, ninetales, growlithe...or even a piplup
As well for having a pokemon team with me, I'd have to have a Pokemon I can fly on when I get tired lol, oooh! Like a dragonite xD

I am surprised that a lot of people here would respond to the possibility of Pokemon being real with things that they will do when it happens, and not in the broader sense, like the effects on the economy, pollution, workplace etc. Granted, it's an easier way to give an answer this way, but it would be interesting to know the possibility of this kind of world. I had made a post of something like this before:

If Pokemon is real, I would imagine that there will be less environmental pollution by men like oil leaks in the ocean (like the BP oil spill) or even intoxicated land and/or water. Why? One of the reasons I would say is that Pokemon are more powerful than animals, and therefore are able to take revenge on those evildoers for harming their environment, so they pretty much will have to be careful with what they do. Secondly, we have Poison-type Pokemon that can clear up the pollution (like Grimer and Muk), so they are definitely nice to have around to clean the waste in this mutual relationship.

I would also imagine that zoos will maybe be more profitable and valuable, because real animals (just like how early Pokemon had more references to real Pokemon) will very likely only be there. I don't think real animals will be able to stand a chance against Pokemon, since they can have powerful moves like Whirlwind and even Outrage.

Pokemon food will be something I would envision if the world really have real Pokemon. I would imagine that Magikarp will be a great source of food due to how common they are (logical considering how helpless they are), Pidgey lines as common poultry, and maybe the Fire-types that have real-life versions of which meat can be made from, Numel, Torchic and/or Pokabu (they must be real spicy, too!). I fear that revenge will be commonplace with this carnivorous practice, though. There is a comic that explores this possibility on DeviantArt, and here it is.

Pokemon_Food_by_nuriko_kun.jpg

I would like to show some of the pictures from Worth1000 where Pokemon had been Photoshopped to look "realistic". (Warning: lots of large images ahead!)

1127860_f173_625x1000.jpg

1127780_bbce_625x1000.jpg

1127831_a06c_625x1000.jpg

1994100_a358_625x1000.jpg

1991658_92ee_625x1000.jpg

948007_a79e_625x1000.jpg

1991386_7144_625x1000.jpg

2 of my dogs would be arcanines, the other one would be a growlithe.

And my team would compose of: Feraligatr, Fearow, Charizard, Meganium, Milotic and Gyrados.

I'ed use my Fearow to fly me to the grocery store.

My Gyrados would take me across lakes, I wouldn't use them to battle though.

Just to keep them as average, powerful pets.

AND DOES ANYONE WANT SOME TAUROS STEAK?

actually, i would have a lot more pokemon on the human shape status, so i would actually treat them more like actual human beings lol

Yeah, but then it would feel weird telling them what to do in battle and commanding them to get back inside their pokeball etc. But if you weren't gonna do that kind of thing then that would be cool:rolleyes:

My mother is real understanding so I think should would let me if I was really determined. My favorite pokemon of course is mew so im hoping I get a chance, however slim, to befriend him/her. Most likely though I would get a haunter like the one from lavender town that ash meets.

I'd have mine as pets. An Altaria would be really amazing to have when it gets cold, and maybe a Vibrava or Absol. A Zangoose would be cool, too, if they can stand heat. I'd definately take them to school with me though. :D

honestly as awesome as it would be it would
also be very scary ;A; I mean IRL pokemon can kill you
and think of some of the shit people would use pokemon for :C

example: robbing banks, killing/threatening people D:

also some pokemon would be scary as hell XD
seriously image a Gyarados coming right at you​

Last edited:

seriously image an Gyarados coming right at you​

Not if you have a Luxray at your side, knowing Thunder. When it's raining. And Luxray's holding a Magnet. And has 31 IVs for Special Attack. Fully EV trained for Special Attack as well. And, has an amazing speed.

That's my ol' Lucky the cat.

I would mainly stay around, still going to school and taking my Pokemon.

I would have:

Treecko
Raichu
Exploud
Snorlax
Ditto
Infernape

It would be awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom