• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "If Pokémon Were Real" Thread

I'd definitely be a trainer. I think the trainer age should be 15, btw. My team would def have arcanine and blastoise on it. I'll settle for being the champion of every region. :) It's my first post on this place, so hi everybody!

What would be your team in real life?

In reality, I would actually see battling as a lot less of what I actually do than in the games. Therefore I'd like Pokemon who would be helpful and practical to carry around the home. Such as...

Tropius: Of all the plant type Pokemon, this is one of the few that actually grows fruit for consumption ^_^. It doubles as a sky taxi for fast travel.

Azumarill: It's cheerful, doesn't have to actually live underneath the water as a water type and it's just plain cute. Not to mention it's immune to big scary dragons now.I'm sure having a creature that generates and fires water from its mouth would be very useful to have in real life.

Rotom: Walking... er floating supernatural power plant. Don't worry about running out of electricity and you'l never have to be afraid of a ghost if you've got one on your side. It's also a cute, sneaky prankster from what I've seen in the show.

Chimecho: The psychic element itself is a must have because of all the ridiculous things it can do. Mind reading, telepathy, sensing emotions, teleportation ,sharing thoughts etc... Plus this little guy's a wind chime which are relaxing to listen to, and you'll always know when a wind is picking up. I should mention this was a close choice between Chimecho and Garvevoir because from what I know it's one of the most devoted bodyguards you could ever hope to have.

Flareon: Fire is one of mankind's most useful tools. Forget the box of matches? Having trouble keeping warm on a cold day? This little guy's just what you need. Plus it could keep pests out of my home like the stupid squirrel in the attic that keeps me awake :banghead: Also it seems safer since it doesn't have any exposed flames like on a charmander or something.

I'm not sure exactly what I would fill the last slot with. There's just so many to choose from now. I'l leave it blank for now.

I would catch a Dunsparce

Then I would die in a hold

Last edited:
I'd live in Hoenn in Lavaridge Town. I would from there start off on my journey as a Pokemon Trainer and work my way up to the Pokemon League. My Team would probably consist of: Charizard, Rhyperior, Poliwrath, Jolteon, Sceptile, and Nidoking.

I would try and become the Hoenn Champion though whether I actually would, I don't know. If I were to lose against Steven or Wallace then I'd just focus on exploring the Pokemon Universe and maybe a challenge another region's League. I'd also like to study with Professor Rowan in Sinnoh or become a Gym Leader back in Hoenn. The Gym I'd like to take over would be the Sootopolis Gym because I love that city. Another town I'd like to have a Gym in is Pacifdlog Town. It's so peaceful and quiet as a town so I'd think I'd like living there.

If I did become the Hoenn Champion though then that would be really awesome. I'm not quite sure what I'd do but I guess I'd be like Steven Stone and just go around exploring, only heading back to Ever Grande City when someone requests a match with me. I'd also like to challenge Red at some point to see how powerful he is.

I would have my Linoone rock smash everything until I have enough goodies to make me filthy rich $$$$$. Heck, I do it the game so why not in real life, lol XD

School would be really fun if pokemon were real, the teachers would probably instruct us to do practice battles with rental pokemon or something. I would go through school and graduate, then travel the world with my pokemon team fighting crime and going on adventures.http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/icons/icon7.png

Obviously my family would freak at the thought of me wandering the woods capturing pokemons, winning battles at an age of 10. But if they would have been for real, i would sure love to have a companion like Pikachu to start of with, who will be with me no matter what. I would love to capture a Dragonite for sure. And i would even love to have a squirtle, bulbasaur, onix, pidgeotto, scyther!

I would like to be Poison-type Gym Leader. I would love to dedicate my life in studying the venom that comes out from the poison-type Pokemons
and be able to use them as antidotes, medicines and other things.
My signature Pokemons would be Gengar & Dragalge. I would also have a Greninja as one my Pokemons from my childhood as a traveling trainer.
When I'm not in the gym studying, I would be in my arcade basement. Collecting retro arcades is my past time hobby.

I'd love to be a bug-type trainer, preferably a gym leader or an Elite four member. I'd try to work my way up to becoming champion.

However, I'd only want Pokemon to be real if the Poke-universe was also real by extension.

Last edited:
I'd probably focus on Ghost types, because Ghost types are just the most fascinating and interesting Pokemon in my opinion. Most other Pokemon are like normal creatures, but Ghost types are so much more interesting. They can be deceased spirits like Yamask and Phantump, vengeful spirits like Banette and Gengar, or just plain creepy like Drifloon and Duskull.

I'd go on a journey like most trainers would, but I'd purposely go and seek out haunted locations just to see more ghost Pokemon and possibly add them to my team. Having a Gengar by my side to freak out other trainers at night would provide a never-ending source of entertainment. Yeah, I know that's mean, but it would also be hilarious to watch! xD

In fact, I'd probably take my team of ghost-types and camp out in scary places like graveyards or abandoned houses just to scare any travelers. We would have so much fun! :p

I would be a Sylveon living with my lesbian polygamous family consisting of Me, Delphox, Gardevoir and Ninetales <3
We would have lots of snuggling, playing and er, pokesex.

I don't remember slightly what my last post in here was, so here's a new one.

I actually used to play this game with my brother that we made up where we'd analyze funny/unusual things that happened to us and determine the closest Pokemon equivalent for us to have "caught". Like for example, one time we were walking alongside a bay and a huge spotted eagle ray came up just below the surface right next to us, going in the same direction at the same speed as us. I probably could have touched it if I wanted to. I was closest to it and the first to notice it, so we pretended that I had caught a Mantine. Pretty weird, I know, but we were kids playing make-believe.

In the event of Pokemon being real, I like to imagine that all of those "real-life Pokemon" I amassed over the years would be with me. I've acquired some pretty neat Pokemon that way; I remember Absol, Rotom, Gyarados, Shedinja, the aforementioned Mantine, Sawsbuck... I wonder if anyone else did this when they were a kid?

I live in Europe, and there aren't any Gamestops (as far as I know). So I'd use an Alakazam to hack into a bank to disable security cameras, and use an Abra to teleport into the vault, THEN GO TO GAMESTOP AND GET ALL THE GAMES! ERMERGRRD!!!!

I'll ride on a Charizard and fly to the skies. Throw a pokeball in mid-air and send out a Wailord and crush houses. I'll return the pokemon to it's pokeball and repeat the process and destroy the town! I'll make my own criminal organization and attack from above! I'll screw up the world!

I wouldn't do much with them really.

Though it'd be so much cheaper and easier to travel all over the world on my Pidgeot's back. Sigh.

i'd have Snivy as my starter, and i only play pokemon to be friends with these awesome creatures, not to kill everyone with them!! Xc so thats the reason why i hate fire-types for ya XD

i'd mostly just keep them as pets, also kinda as guards, i mean, irl if someone had a 10'10 foot tall grass snake that could summon a leaf tornado, razor sharp leaves, etc would you hurt them? XD

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom