• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
@Bob Fizzle Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it. I'll be using Hawlucha and Lycanroc as the speedy team members, so I do have a Fighting type at the ready to deal with Rock and Ice (and, in Hawlucha's case, also possessing an immunity to Ground). I might go for Vaporeon for a Water Mon, as the lack of a Ground weakness, which Toxapex possesses, which would stack with Incineroar and Lycanroc, is helpful, as well as the fact that I might breed Wish onto it for extra recovery and such. Nothing against Toxapex, as I know the thing is a defensive brute, but that extra Ground weakness worries me. Plus I haven't used Vaporeon in ages. As for the Grass Mon, I'm leaning toward Exeggutor due to some massive resistances, but I also happen to have a Lileep with its hidden ability Storm Drain that I got via WT, but like you said, the extra Fighting weakness would be a problem (which, like Toxapex, it shares with Incineroar and Lycanroc), so while it could eat Water for breakfast, anything to do with Hala or Fighting Mons would send it back to extinction.

So, with what we've discussed, that means I have 5 slots occupied. Any ideas for the final slot? Looking over the dex, I'm guessing something like a Fairy, Psychic, or Ghost Mon would be good to cover some of the other weaknesses like Fighting. Any other ideas? Some ideas that I had was something like Mismagius, Sylveon, Froslass, and Malamar. But any other ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Jammy2A

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I haven't been active on this forum in a while, and haven't had time to play the games in a year but I've decided to do a re-re-run on Alpha Sapphire :) (still got runs to finish on White 2 and other games, but that's another story :p I ve a firmer idea what I want to do there).

So, for AS, the last re-run I did I wanted to have some fun and did a run based on Cynthia's team from Platinum (had to transfer over some pokés of course). And I had a great time honestly! Cynthia is by far my favourite trainer. So for this one I was thinking of doing something similar, but with a different trainer. And that's my problem, who to do after Cynthia? I like Aaron and Volkner from Sinnoh, Wallace from Hoenn (although I already did a Water mono-type team a while back on Gen VI, also AS if I recall), but I have no idea who else could be interesting...

In general I like to limit myself to pokés available inside the game (might need to recheck who s available in AS, and when), so no trades if possible (unless its a really cool theme like with Cynthia :) ). Also, I prefer multi-types teams, but a mono-type with interesting pokémon is always a fun challenge, hence why Im considering a bug-type run with Aaron in mind! I think Id like to do it based on a strong trainer again, but I hardly see any past the ones Ive mentioned. I could also do a mono-type team, but no idea which :/ (ideally not water, it's Hoenn, and that's a little too easy to come by those).

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
Thanks everyone :) !

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I haven't been active on this forum in a while, and haven't had time to play the games in a year but I've decided to do a re-re-run on Alpha Sapphire :) (still got runs to finish on White 2 and other games, but that's another story :p I ve a firmer idea what I want to do there).

So, for AS, the last re-run I did I wanted to have some fun and did a run based on Cynthia's team from Platinum (had to transfer over some pokés of course). And I had a great time honestly! Cynthia is by far my favourite trainer. So for this one I was thinking of doing something similar, but with a different trainer. And that's my problem, who to do after Cynthia? I like Aaron and Volkner from Sinnoh, Wallace from Hoenn (although I already did a Water mono-type team a while back on Gen VI, also AS if I recall), but I have no idea who else could be interesting...

In general I like to limit myself to pokés available inside the game (might need to recheck who s available in AS, and when), so no trades if possible (unless its a really cool theme like with Cynthia :) ). Also, I prefer multi-types teams, but a mono-type with interesting pokémon is always a fun challenge, hence why Im considering a bug-type run with Aaron in mind! I think Id like to do it based on a strong trainer again, but I hardly see any past the ones Ive mentioned. I could also do a mono-type team, but no idea which :/ (ideally not water, it's Hoenn, and that's a little too easy to come by those).

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
Thanks everyone :) !
Be a better Steven than Steven

Barry might also be fun

Jammy2A

Reaction score
Interesting, I never seriously considered Steven before, but I could take a look at him. For Barry, now that I see his team, it could be interesting to do a run in Platinum or Pearl with that team in mind :) Thanks!

Bubbs

Reaction score
This trial makes me want to pull my hair out...

My Team

Level 19 Flaaffy, hasty nature, static ability, move set is thunderwave, thundershock, cotton spore, and charge

Level 21 Brionne, Sassy nature, torrent ability, move set is pound, aqua jet, icy wind, and disarming voice

Level 17 Mudbray, naive nature, stamina ability, move set is mud slap, stomp, double kick, and bulldoze

Level 21 Trumbeak, sassy nature, keen eye ability, move set is pluck, roost, echoed voice, and rock smash

Level 20 Zorua, quiet nature, illusion ability, move set is fury swipes, leer, feint attack, and fake tears.

Any tips and changes I can make to my team so far?

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Got a quick question regarding two certain Mons. I'm doing a run in HG (as the last one glitched and wiped itself clean as a result, forcing me to buy a new one, as I feared it would do it again), and I wanted to know which of these two Mons would be better suited for Johto and Kanto: Omastar or Kabutops. I'm not going to wait until I can revive a fossil, as I'm going to breed one of them instead, as the other choices of Water Mons out there are either lackluster or ones I've used too many times, so I wanted to change things. So, that brings me to my question: Which fossil Mon would be better? And whichever one is chosen, what would be a good move set for it? Now, I'm not looking for anything competitive, just what I need to get by in these games. Also, while Egg Moves are so-so (as I'm not sure if I can get them), any TM moves are fine, as I have stockpiled a ton of them to use. So, that's what I need help with. Thanks in advance.

Bob Fizzle

OBEY THE BEARD
Reaction score
Got a quick question regarding two certain Mons. I'm doing a run in HG (as the last one glitched and wiped itself clean as a result, forcing me to buy a new one, as I feared it would do it again), and I wanted to know which of these two Mons would be better suited for Johto and Kanto: Omastar or Kabutops. I'm not going to wait until I can revive a fossil, as I'm going to breed one of them instead, as the other choices of Water Mons out there are either lackluster or ones I've used too many times, so I wanted to change things. So, that brings me to my question: Which fossil Mon would be better? And whichever one is chosen, what would be a good move set for it? Now, I'm not looking for anything competitive, just what I need to get by in these games. Also, while Egg Moves are so-so (as I'm not sure if I can get them), any TM moves are fine, as I have stockpiled a ton of them to use. So, that's what I need help with. Thanks in advance.
I would recommend Kabutops over Omastar for HG. 2 of the best things Omastar has going for it, Shell Smash and Weak Armor, weren't introduced until gen 5, and while Omastar has slightly better bulk (70/125/70 to Kabutop's 60/105/70), Kabutops has better speed (80 vs 55) and a better movepool suited to its preferred Attack stat. In addition to being able to boost with Swords Dance, Kabutops gets nice STAB moves in Waterfall and Stone Miss Rock Slide, nice coverage moves like Brick Break (for Steel types) and X-Scissor (for grass and psychic types), and even some other surprises like Aerial Ace (for fighting types, maybe?) or Night Slash (in case you really have trouble with Morty or Will, I guess), and a nice priority move in Aqua Jet. Compare that to Omastar, who doesn't get any way to boost its Special Attack and whose best rock STAB is Ancient Power. It still gets decent coverage moves in Ice Beam (for grasses) and Mud Shot (for steels), but it doesn't have the speed to take advantage (unless you run Rock Polish) and it doesn't get priority to finish off weakened foes. For me, Kabutops is the clear winner of the 2 in Gen 4. (FWIW, Omastar gets better in BW2 when it gets access to Earth Power, Shell Smash, and Weak Armor.)

This trial makes me want to pull my hair out...

My Team

Level 19 Flaaffy, hasty nature, static ability, move set is thunderwave, thundershock, cotton spore, and charge

Level 21 Brionne, Sassy nature, torrent ability, move set is pound, aqua jet, icy wind, and disarming voice

Level 17 Mudbray, naive nature, stamina ability, move set is mud slap, stomp, double kick, and bulldoze

Level 21 Trumbeak, sassy nature, keen eye ability, move set is pluck, roost, echoed voice, and rock smash

Level 20 Zorua, quiet nature, illusion ability, move set is fury swipes, leer, feint attack, and fake tears.

Any tips and changes I can make to my team so far?
Based on your team members and levels, I'm guessing you're talking about Totem Araquanid in US/UM?

If you're really struggling with this one, I'd recommend adding another Flying- or Electric-type to your team just to beat it. Also, did you get the Flyinium Z crystal from Kahili at the top of Ten Carat Hill?

More long-term, your team looks like it will struggle to handle Grass- and Steel-types. A Fire- or Steel-type would be very helpful to this end. I would consider replacing Trumbeak with Fletchinder once you get a little further along, and maybe add a Steel-type like Beldum once you get to the third island. I might also replace Flaafy/Ampharos with Vikavolt (although Charjabug can't evolve until very late, but you can give it an Eviolite) so you don't struggle as much with Grass-types.

I'm not going to comment on the moves too much since your team is still early, but in general, try to keep one move for each STAB type, plus coverage moves that can deal super-effective damage to the most common types that give that Pokemon problems (for instance, Ice Beam is great on Brionne/Primarina because the move allows it to not be useless against Grass-types).

To me, it looks like you prioritized defensive type combinations and not sharing weaknesses more than anything. At a glance, I see that, while your team does a good job of not overlapping weaknesses, they don't quite cover each other's weaknesses. For instance, Zorua is weak to Fighting-type moves, but Trumbeak can't switch into Fighting-type moves too many times, so you're pressuring Primarina (once it gains its Fairy typing) to tank a few hits if Zorua/Zoroark gets threatened out. Likewise, your team relies very heavily on Trumbeak to switch into Ground-type attacks. Primarina can clean them up with its Water-type STAB moves, but, again, you may have trouble bringing it in against a hard hitter.

So instead, focus on answering the question: If Pokemon A gets threatened, what member of my team can I switch in? When I build a team, I try to have at least 2 answers to that question.

Last edited:

YaBigDingus

Reaction score
So I've been messing with my team a bit and was wondering if I should switch one of my Pokemon out for another Pokemon or edit my team?
My team consists of:
Lv. 100 Mimikyu (Holds Mimikium Z)
Lv. 99 Greninja (Holds Icium Z)
Lv. 86 Lucario (Holds Lucarionite)
Lv. 83 Lurantis (Holds Safety Goggles)
Lv. 73 Whimsicott (Holds Lucky Egg)
Lv. 71 Gardevoir (Holds Gardevoirite)
I'm pretty happy with my team, but don't have much in terms of defense against Grass or Steel types. They all have good stats and level up pretty quickly. I really don't wanna switch out my Lurantis, Whimsicott or Gardevoir because they're shiny (plus I'm emotionally attatched.) Have any suggestions for me?

Bob Fizzle

OBEY THE BEARD
Reaction score
So I've been messing with my team a bit and was wondering if I should switch one of my Pokemon out for another Pokemon or edit my team?
My team consists of:
Lv. 100 Mimikyu (Holds Mimikium Z)
Lv. 99 Greninja (Holds Icium Z)
Lv. 86 Lucario (Holds Lucarionite)
Lv. 83 Lurantis (Holds Safety Goggles)
Lv. 73 Whimsicott (Holds Lucky Egg)
Lv. 71 Gardevoir (Holds Gardevoirite)
I'm pretty happy with my team, but don't have much in terms of defense against Grass or Steel types. They all have good stats and level up pretty quickly. I really don't wanna switch out my Lurantis, Whimsicott or Gardevoir because they're shiny (plus I'm emotionally attatched.) Have any suggestions for me?
What's the team for? WiFi battling? The Battle Tree? You're so far overleveled for the main game that your team selection doesn't really matter there.

There's really no point in having 3 fairies on your team, and if you insist on keeping Whimsicott and Gardevoir, then Mimikyu has to go, unless you're really intent on just fairy-spamming your way to victory. If you do want to do this, then maybe consider a Sticky Web or Screens setter to give Mimikyu and Gardevoir an easier time to set up.
Magnezone or Alolan Golem are worth considering for their Magnet Pull ability, allowing you to trap and remove troublesome steel-types for your fairies to sweep.

If you don't want to run a "fairy-spam" team, then a fire-type 'mon is the best way to add checks for grass- and steel-types in a single slot. In my mind, this is just screaming Heatran at me, but I don't know how you feel about using legendary 'mons on your team.

Is Greninja Protean or Battle Bond? If it's neither, then I would suggest swapping it out for a ground-type 'mon to beat steel- and poison-types for your fairy 'mons. Gliscor seems like a good choice to me, since, thanks to Poison Heal, you can give it a Toxic Orb and freely switch it into status moves aimed at the rest of your team, and it can also set Stealth Rock to make it that much easier for your offensive 'mons to land KOs, or even Defog to keep the entry hazards off your side of the field.

If you're going to run Mega Gardevoir, then there's no real point in using Lucarionite. (Even though Mega Luke is busted, non-mega Lucario is far better than non-mega Gardevoir IMO, so I'd stick with the Gardevoirite.) Same goes for Z-crystals. While the flexibility is nice in being able to pick which Z-move you want to use based on how the match is going, you usually end up handicapping yourself by taking away an valuable item slot from the 'mon that doesn't get to use its Z-move.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Currently plotting a team to make a first venture into the Ultra Series, the currently set up team being Gastrodon (Storm Drain, Muddy Water, Earth Power, Curse, Yawn, Leftovers), Mega Sceptile (Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, Substitute, Leech Seed), and Zapdos (Discharge, Tailwind, HP Ice, Roost, Pinch berry). I'd like advice for the two Ubers and a final teammate who can cover types, rolls, and likely popular mons that the three above would not.

Last edited:

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Got some quick questions regarding two Mons. I ended up restarting my White run, as the first run got glitched (my fault, I put the DS Lite down while still playing it, then accidentally knocked it over, causing the cartridge to pop out during gameplay, glitching it), so I've had to make up for lost time. I've started up a new team, but I'm not sure about two of them.

I currently have a Palpitoad and Krokorok in my team, two Mons I haven't really used much. I've used Palpitoad in the past, but only until I get the Cover Fossil, as Caracosta is my favorite fossil Mon, and the best Water Mon to use in-game (outside of the starter). So, I've never really used Palpitoad for very long, but I'm thinking of running this one instead of Caracosta as my Water Mon for a change of pace. The same goes for Krokorok, as I generally prefer Excadrill as my Ground Mon, but I've had terrible luck in getting a Drilbur (I either accidentally KO it or another Mon interrupts my search), so I settled for Sandile. What I want to know is that are these two worth running? And if so, what moves would work best for them? I'm about to face Elesa, which is why I have two Ground Mons (though I did have to grind a bit for Krokorok). Oh, their current setups are as followed:

Palpitoad (Rhythm)
Lv 31, Male, Hydration, Muddy Water/Bubblebeam/Mud Shot/Uproar

Krokorok (Bandit)
Lv 29, Male, Moxie, Dig/Rock Tomb/Bite/Crunch

Yeah, Rhythm is a bit overleveled. I was just grinding Bandit mostly, but then it kinda leaked into the rest of the team. Now everyone, except Bandit, are in the 30s, particularly my starter, Nitro, who just evolved into Emboar. Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever answers this.

Arcanine10

Reaction score
Got some quick questions regarding two Mons. I ended up restarting my White run, as the first run got glitched (my fault, I put the DS Lite down while still playing it, then accidentally knocked it over, causing the cartridge to pop out during gameplay, glitching it), so I've had to make up for lost time. I've started up a new team, but I'm not sure about two of them.

I currently have a Palpitoad and Krokorok in my team, two Mons I haven't really used much. I've used Palpitoad in the past, but only until I get the Cover Fossil, as Caracosta is my favorite fossil Mon, and the best Water Mon to use in-game (outside of the starter). So, I've never really used Palpitoad for very long, but I'm thinking of running this one instead of Caracosta as my Water Mon for a change of pace. The same goes for Krokorok, as I generally prefer Excadrill as my Ground Mon, but I've had terrible luck in getting a Drilbur (I either accidentally KO it or another Mon interrupts my search), so I settled for Sandile. What I want to know is that are these two worth running? And if so, what moves would work best for them? I'm about to face Elesa, which is why I have two Ground Mons (though I did have to grind a bit for Krokorok). Oh, their current setups are as followed:

Palpitoad (Rhythm)
Lv 31, Male, Hydration, Muddy Water/Bubblebeam/Mud Shot/Uproar

Krokorok (Bandit)
Lv 29, Male, Moxie, Dig/Rock Tomb/Bite/Crunch

Yeah, Rhythm is a bit overleveled. I was just grinding Bandit mostly, but then it kinda leaked into the rest of the team. Now everyone, except Bandit, are in the 30s, particularly my starter, Nitro, who just evolved into Emboar. Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever answers this.
Krookodile is very much so worth it. Moxie is an insanely good ability for it. Once it gets Earthquake too, enjoy murdering stuff.

Haven't used Palpitoad that much myself (Since I have Samurott on the team) but depending on what you want to hit you might want a physical variant to get Ice Punch (Cause for some reason it doesn't get Ice Beam) or you could run it mixed to make use of Scald. Unless you have a way to trade it to BW2 and get Earth Power on it, the special variant also doesn't get a good STAB from Ground-type moves. So I'd say a physical or mixed one would be the way to go.

EDIT: Never mind. Ice Punch is a tutor move too. I guess a special variant is the best since it also doesn't get physical Water stab. Scald/Surf, Earthquake, Drain Punch and whatever else you want to hit in your last slot. (Sludge Wave/Bomb for Grass-types perhaps.)

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Got another question. I'm looking to adding in a Steel-type to my team, but I'm not sure which one to pick. Usually, as stated before, I tend to have Excadrill (or when it comes to B2W2, Lucario) as my Steel Mon. So, I wanted to know which of these Steel Mons is better: Escavalier or Klinklang. I've raised the former before, but not much, as I usually use Galvantula, Crustle, or Leavanny as my Bug Mon, while I've never really raised Klink before outside of data. I know there is also Ferrothorn, but I already have a Grass Mon, so that's out of the question. In any case, my question is this: which Steel Mon is better Escavalier or Klinklang? And what moves/ability would be best? Thanks in advanced.

Arcanine10

Reaction score
Got another question. I'm looking to adding in a Steel-type to my team, but I'm not sure which one to pick. Usually, as stated before, I tend to have Excadrill (or when it comes to B2W2, Lucario) as my Steel Mon. So, I wanted to know which of these Steel Mons is better: Escavalier or Klinklang. I've raised the former before, but not much, as I usually use Galvantula, Crustle, or Leavanny as my Bug Mon, while I've never really raised Klink before outside of data. I know there is also Ferrothorn, but I already have a Grass Mon, so that's out of the question. In any case, my question is this: which Steel Mon is better Escavalier or Klinklang? And what moves/ability would be best? Thanks in advanced.
Klinklang has a pretty shallow movepool. It has Gear Grind and Shift Gear and... that's about it really. It's two abilities also don't really help.

While slow, Escavalier has pretty good bulk to show for it and hits like a truck. While its hidden ability is the best ability for it, Swarm and SHell Armour aren't bad for regular playthroughs. (Even though I'm not sure how often Swarm would come in clutch considering its activation requirement and Escavalier's slow speed.)

It's movepool is really good with stuff like Swords Dance, X-Scissor, iron Head, Aerial Ace and Poison Jab.

If you can afford having a 4 times weakness to Fire on your team and you can afford a slow mon, I'd say go for Escavalier, unless you plan to use Klinklang as a mixed attacker, considering Escavalier is pretty bulky and gives you two typings to take use of instead of just the one that Klinklang has while it's also the only proper physical attack it has (Unless you want to rely on Return).

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Got another question, this time for a different game run (I finished my White run today), in this case, Omega Ruby. I restarted my OR game (it was at a point where I hadn't completed it yet, and I didn't know where I was going, so I just restarted it), and I traded over some mystery eggs which recently hatched. Two of them (well, technically, three, but two are the same Mon) are potential Water Mons to use for this run: Carvanha and Wailmer. They possess ideal(ish) natures, Egg Moves, and in Carvanha's case, its HA, but I'm not sure which one to run as my Water Mon. They are as followed:

Carvanha: Speed Boost, Naughty, Destiny Bond/Thrash/Double-Edge/Hydro Pump
Wailmer #1: Oblivious, Modest, Curse/Clear Smog/Aqua Ring/Snore
Wailmer #2: Water Veil, Modest, Curse/Clear Smog/Aqua Ring/Snore

The question I have is which one would be worth using the most in this run? My current team has Combusken, Kirlia, Electrike, and Lileep (also hatched from egg). I can swing either way, as both of these Mons have gotten me to post-game in the past, but which one do you think would be best? Thanks in advance.

Arcanine10

Reaction score
Carvanha. It's fast as fuck as a Sharpedo, gets a nice second typing and can be a potential (good) Mega. It also has the better movepool.

Should you want more bulk, since your team seems a bit more on the frail side, go for Wailord. For everything else, I'd say Sharpedo.

Golducky

Friendly Neighborhood Pokéfan
Reaction score
Haven't started yet, but I'm planning on playing through Ultra Moon again, and I decided to go with this unusual team for kicks. What movesets and held items would anyone recommend for the following team to best handle every major totem/kahuna/boss/battle?

Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye
Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt
Alolan Grimer/Alolan Muk
Growlithe/Arcanine
Staryu/Starmie
Stufful/Bewear

Also what level would anyone recommend I evolve Growlithe and Staryu?

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Haven't started yet, but I'm planning on playing through Ultra Moon again, and I decided to go with this unusual team for kicks. What movesets and held items would anyone recommend for the following team to best handle every major totem/kahuna/boss/battle?

Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye
Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt
Alolan Grimer/Alolan Muk
Growlithe/Arcanine
Staryu/Starmie
Stufful/Bewear

Also what level would anyone recommend I evolve Growlithe and Staryu?
Decidueye - Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Shadow Sneak, Brave Bird/U-Turn
Vikavolt - Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Agility
Alolan Muk - Poison Jab, Crunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
Arcanine - Flare Blitz, Crunch, Wild Charge, Extreme Speed
Starmie - Scald, Psyshock, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
Bewear - Return, Hammer Arm, Shadow Claw, Ice Punch
Staryu's only noteworthy level-up move is Psychic, so you can evolve it at any time. Growlithe, however, learns the very useful Flare Blitz and Crunch, so I don't recommend evolving it too early.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Okay, with OmegaRuby out of the way, I decided to take up Gen 7 again. After a little blooper (I was planning on resetting an unused Sun version, but instead did it to my previous UltraSun run that I asked for help on here earlier... not one of my smarter moments... damn insomnia strikes again), so I'm working with that instead. Once again, I'm going to do a Grass/Fire/Water core, and I've already got the Grass and Water Mons set (Rowlet and Vaporeon, since the latter served me well before I screwed up, and I had a leftover Wish Eevee egg from a previous breeding experiment), but now I need the Fire element. I'm not sure which Mon would work best for this run. Outside of Litten, I've run Mons like Alolan Marowak, Turtonator, and Salazzle for the Fire element, and I'm not sure if I should dabble with something else or go with one of those three. Any suggestions? I'm still on Melemele Island, just about to take Ilima's trial, so I know my options are a bit slim right now. Oh, also, my team consists of Dartrix, Rockruff (Own Tempo), Vaporeon, Noibat, Trumbeak, and Magnemite. Trumbeak is temporary filler until I beat Hala unless something else comes up. Anyone have a suggestion for me? And movepool ideas would be helpful, too. Thanks in advance.

Arcanine10

Reaction score
Okay, with OmegaRuby out of the way, I decided to take up Gen 7 again. After a little blooper (I was planning on resetting an unused Sun version, but instead did it to my previous UltraSun run that I asked for help on here earlier... not one of my smarter moments... damn insomnia strikes again), so I'm working with that instead. Once again, I'm going to do a Grass/Fire/Water core, and I've already got the Grass and Water Mons set (Rowlet and Vaporeon, since the latter served me well before I screwed up, and I had a leftover Wish Eevee egg from a previous breeding experiment), but now I need the Fire element. I'm not sure which Mon would work best for this run. Outside of Litten, I've run Mons like Alolan Marowak, Turtonator, and Salazzle for the Fire element, and I'm not sure if I should dabble with something else or go with one of those three. Any suggestions? I'm still on Melemele Island, just about to take Ilima's trial, so I know my options are a bit slim right now. Oh, also, my team consists of Dartrix, Rockruff (Own Tempo), Vaporeon, Noibat, Trumbeak, and Magnemite. Trumbeak is temporary filler until I beat Hala unless something else comes up. Anyone have a suggestion for me? And movepool ideas would be helpful, too. Thanks in advance.
Pick Arcanine.

Put an Assault Vest on him.

He's the best boy.