• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
That's fair. Everyone likes and dislikes certain Mons so it's only normal.

Some other options are Golisopod, who hits like a Mack truck and has beefy stats, the downside being that it's slow. Then there's Cloyster, as Skill Link + Icicle Spear/Rock Blast pretty much destroys everything, and it gets Shell Smash, turning it into a powerhouse. There's also Barraskewda, who basically embodies the fragile speedster archetype, hitting insanely hard and is insanely fast, has some good coverage moves, and Max Geyser + Swift Swim tears its foes to shred, the downside being its abysmal defenses. And Jellicent is a solid Mon, has the powerful Ghost-typing, Water Absorb and Recover making it very hard to take down, Will-o-Wisp and Scald to cripple foes with burns, and a well-rounded movepool. Plus, if it's raining in a certain section of the Wild Area you can find Frillish floating about in the grass, so you don't need to wait to get the upgraded Rotom Bike to get one. Maybe some of these would tickle your fancy?
Hmmm... Barraskewda has kinda piqued my interest considering how fast it is and how slow the rest of my team is. Thanks so much for the advice.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Hmmm... Barraskewda has kinda piqued my interest considering how fast it is and how slow the rest of my team is. Thanks so much for the advice.
I've used Barraskewda before. Trust me, it's a solid Mon, with move options like Drill Run, Poison Jab, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Close Combat (how the hell it can use Close Combat I don't know), Liquidation and more. And you can get Arrowkuda at Hulbury, so you can have it ready by Nessa's Gym (they can also be found on Route 2 via fishing, but they're kinda rare). Either way, I hope I helped and good luck.