• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Uh huh... Well... Huh...
Reaction score
Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Her moves were different; she had Payback which killed Whirlipede and hurt Leavanny...

But, now im in Chargestone Cave... My team changed big time.....

Serperior lv 40 @Shell Bell
Brave
Overgrow
-Leaf Blade
-Coil
-Mega Drain
-Leech Seed

Seismatoad lv 37 @Rocky Helmet
Naive
Poison Touch
-Acid
-Muddy Water
-Bulldoze
-Aqua Ring

Scrafty lv 39 @Lucky Egg
Adamant
Shed Skin
-Strength
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Hi-Jump Kick

Victini lv 50 @Scope Lens
Rash
Victory Star
-V-create
-Fusion Flare
-Fusion Bolt
-Searing Shot

Tynamo lv 27 @EXPerience Share
Calm
Levitate
-Spark
-Thunder Wave
-Tackle
-Charge Beam

I have completely disregarded my other team i wanted... :p On Victini I want to keep Searing Shot but what else should i put on it?

Reaction score

Well you have Victini, there is no challenge in the game with that character...

All hail me!
Reaction score

Her moves were different; she had Payback which killed Whirlipede and hurt Leavanny...

But, now im in Chargestone Cave... My team changed big time.....

Serperior lv 40 @Shell Bell
Brave
Overgrow
-Leaf Blade
-Coil
-Mega Drain
-Leech Seed

Seismatoad lv 37 @Rocky Helmet
Naive
Poison Touch
-Acid
-Muddy Water
-Bulldoze
-Aqua Ring

Scrafty lv 39 @Lucky Egg
Adamant
Shed Skin
-Strength
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Hi-Jump Kick

Victini lv 50 @Scope Lens
Rash
Victory Star
-V-create
-Fusion Flare
-Fusion Bolt
-Searing Shot

Tynamo lv 27 @EXPerience Share
Calm
Levitate
-Spark
-Thunder Wave
-Tackle
-Charge Beam

I have completely disregarded my other team i wanted... :p On Victini I want to keep Searing Shot but what else should i put on it?
Teach Serperior areial ace instead of Mega drain. It gives better coverage and works well with coil. You can also use return.

About seismitoed, I'm sceptical about aqua ring, since it is more or less a sweeper. Teach it drain punch(It learns it at some level).

Teach Scrafty rock slide. It is available in that Mistralton cave, I think. Make it forget Brick break. Make it hold an accuracy increasing item to minimize the risk of hjk missing.

Victini: I don't think fusion flare is going to be that useful. Psychic, brick break or shadow ball will do.

Tynamo: well it must evolve but a move set of coil, electric attack and 2 physical attacks will do.

Why not?
Reaction score

I've almost completed my planned team for Black and I'm stuck on whether to go with Seismitoad or Jelicent as a water type. Without them my team is Serperior, Krookodile, Zororak, Gothitelle, Galvantula and Mandibuzz.

I am also going to breed my Gothita, and can't decide between Dark Pulse or Mirror Coat as an egg move since I can't have both (I'm quite indecisive if you hadn't guessed lol).

Suggestions?

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Leavanny((Swarm) Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace, Entrainment) , Gothitelle((Frisk) Dark Pulse, Psyshock, Brick Break, Rock Slide(it has MONSTROUS ATTACK FOR A GOTHITELLE)) , Seismatoad((Poison Touch) Surf, Earth Power, Sludge Bomb, Drain Punch) , Emboar((Blaze) Heat Crash, Hammer Arm, Wild Charge, Assurance), Cryogonal((Levitate) Blizzard, Hail, Flash Cannon, Sheer Cold), Golurk((Iron Fist) Fly, Hammer Arm, Shadow Punch, Earthquake)

That team won me the E4, N, Ghetis, and the E4 again.

The Hurt Incarnate
Reaction score

i'd probably try to give your seismitoad bulldoze and venoshock, since it has poison touch. Bull doze can spread poison touch around all your enemies, and venoshock capitalizes on it's ability poisoning with bulldoze and drain punch.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Yeah, I'll think about that...I never thought about using it in double and triple battles(but you're risking your allies)I'd have to partner it with Cryogonal or Have Golurk Fly if it was in the center, then...

BY THE WAY, IT HAS MUCH HIGHER SP.ATTACK! I'D NEED A NEW POKEMON TO TEST THAT COMBO OUT...

Welcome to the New Age...
Reaction score

Been waiting and hoping for some advice on this since last October :(
Anyone?...

I know this is a looooooong shot, but i need some desperate help with some movesets of my pokemon in Colosseum :[ That game is just so limiting (not to mention the pre-physical/special move split) in terms of TMs so i need fresh eyes to give me some suggestions!

I'll list my team so you guys can make heads&tails of it all (boys/girls):

Feraligatr @Mystic Water
Torrent (Timid)
143/104/105/85/86/101
-Surf
-Slash
-Bite
-Rain Dance

Needless to say his STAB special typing is not his strong suit :[

Misdreavus @Spell Tag
Levitate (Careful)
119/73/70/79/103/100
-Shadow Ball
-Psybeam
-Mean Look
-Perish Song

She isn't too bad, though it's quite obvious attacking isn't really her style (much like Umbreon). Though when all else fails, she is able to Perish Song major threats out of my way.

Noctowl @Silk Scarf
Keen Eye (Bashful)
156/71/64/83/109/74
-Take Down
-Fly
-Steel Wing
-Hypnosis

Again, not much in terms of powerhouse, but with Hypnosis paired with Umberon's Confuse Ray, it makes for a decent HypnoRay hax strategy to make captures a bit easier :s

Ampharos @----
Static (Serious)
145/73/82/115/93/67
-Thunderbolt
-Thundershock
-Thunderwave
-Light Screen

With Feraligatr's Rain Dance up this is "ok" but there just isn't anything to her move-set! I hate how many electric moves she has :S

Umbreon @Quick Claw
Synchronize (Sassy)
161/73/113/74/149/63
-Secret Power
-Bite
-Toxic
-Confuse Ray

Meh. I don't even know what to say.

Espeon @Twistedspoon
Synchronize (Naive)
128/82/68/146/92/141
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Return
-Helping Hand

Again, meh.

So there they are, my team. I don't have a fire type (D:) or any fire moves of the sort.. I'm wanting to avoid using Entei, and Magcargo just reeks. What makes this even harder is that i can't just make my team a murderous powerhouse since i would like to be able to actually catch the shadow pokemon 1st time around.

Tips, advice, suggestions! please i need them! D:>

The Hurt Incarnate
Reaction score

Yeah, I'll think about that...I never thought about using it in double and triple battles(but you're risking your allies)I'd have to partner it with Cryogonal or Have Golurk Fly if it was in the center, then...

BY THE WAY, IT HAS MUCH HIGHER SP.ATTACK! I'D NEED A NEW POKEMON TO TEST THAT COMBO OUT...
Oh. You may want to get swift swim, then, so it can land heavy duty water moves at an astonishing in-game speed. Which, again, involves getting a different Seismitoad, but I digress. It might still be a decent idea to teach your current Seismitoad Venoshock, though, to capitalize on it's higher SpAtk and it's ability. I've no idea what to replace it with, though...

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Hmmmm, *Dramatic Pause* I'll do it!!!

All hail me!
Reaction score

I've almost completed my planned team for Black and I'm stuck on whether to go with Seismitoad or Jelicent as a water type. Without them my team is Serperior, Krookodile, Zororak, Gothitelle, Galvantula and Mandibuzz.

I am also going to breed my Gothita, and can't decide between Dark Pulse or Mirror Coat as an egg move since I can't have both (I'm quite indecisive if you hadn't guessed lol).

Suggestions?
well i don't know sort of battling style you have but seiemitoed = offensive and jellicent = defensive, though jellicent does have a decent type synergy with your team.

Again, i don't know what will you be using gothita for. It can learn shadow ball, which means dark pulse isn't necessary and your team has 3 pokemon who can use dark type moves and get stab for them.

Ice Master.
Reaction score

I'm having troubles with the battle subway. I can't seem to get through the 3rd round in order to go against the subway leader. Here is the team I usually use:

(take note: I don't have very useful items right now since I obviously need the battle points to get them!)
Eelektross
item: scope lens
ability: levitate
stats: attack: 139, defence: 85, sp. attack: 113, sp. defence: 94, spe: 79
crunch
flamethrower
wild charge
dragon claw
- considering they are all tms I would be open to any changes to this moveset, although i do really like wild charge.

Samurott:
ability: torrent
item: rocky helmet
stats: a: 134, def: 111, sp. attack: 122, sp. def: 98, spe: 99
swords dance
aqua tale
aqua jet
mega horn
- I'm trying to EV train it in sp. defence because i find that it screws me over the worst, but I can do better. I wouldn't mind an overhaul with this moveset either but I do want to keep aqua jet. When its low on health it can come in handy.

Volcorana:
ability: flame body
item: silverpowder
a: 74, def: 73, sp att: 142, sp. def: 117, spe: 115
quiver dance
flame thrower
hidden power (grass)
bug buzz
- I'm open to suggestion here with the moveset but I'm not planning on changing quiver dance or bug buzz.

Any suggestions will be helpful as well as EV training isuggestions, thanks!.

Reaction score

I'm no expert but I'd take either aqua jet or aqua tail off Samurott. It can learn something like Night Slash (needs to be bred though) or re-learn Revenge.

Reaction score

In terms of Unova Pokemon (Pre-National Dex), who would you say is a good user of Sunny Day? I've got a good chunk of the rest of the team set, but I'm unsure who to have as a Sunny Day/Solarbeam user.

All hail me!
Reaction score

I'm having troubles with the battle subway. I can't seem to get through the 3rd round in order to go against the subway leader. Here is the team I usually use:

(take note: I don't have very useful items right now since I obviously need the battle points to get them!)
Eelektross
item: scope lens
ability: levitate
stats: attack: 139, defence: 85, sp. attack: 113, sp. defence: 94, spe: 79
crunch
flamethrower
wild charge
dragon claw
- considering they are all tms I would be open to any changes to this moveset, although i do really like wild charge.

Samurott:
ability: torrent
item: rocky helmet
stats: a: 134, def: 111, sp. attack: 122, sp. def: 98, spe: 99
swords dance
aqua tale
aqua jet
mega horn
- I'm trying to EV train it in sp. defence because i find that it screws me over the worst, but I can do better. I wouldn't mind an overhaul with this moveset either but I do want to keep aqua jet. When its low on health it can come in handy.

Volcorana:
ability: flame body
item: silverpowder
a: 74, def: 73, sp att: 142, sp. def: 117, spe: 115
quiver dance
flame thrower
hidden power (grass)
bug buzz
- I'm open to suggestion here with the moveset but I'm not planning on changing quiver dance or bug buzz.

Any suggestions will be helpful as well as EV training isuggestions, thanks!.
Try an elektross with coil, d-claw, wild charge and filler move. I would use rest for the last move slot and make him hold chesto berry. Invest in spdef if you go with this movest. Its somewhat risky but coil is definitely elektross' best move,imo.

Nice set for sammurot. Keep aqua jet. It is useful. I would suggest waterfall since aqua tail tends to miss every time for me. Make him hold muscle band or life orb or lum berry.

Psychic >> hp grass. You can't hit fire types with any of your coverage moves. Thus, Psychic is more powerful and has better coverage. If you don't use it on ellektross, you can also consider the chesto berry + rest idea here (rest instead of psychic). if you don't I think the item leftovers will work best for volcarona.

@troper1016
A Lilligant with clorophyll ability(its not necessary though) is definitely the best.

Ice Master.
Reaction score

Try an elektross with coil, d-claw, wild charge and filler move. I would use rest for the last move slot and make him hold chesto berry. Invest in spdef if you go with this movest. Its somewhat risky but coil is definitely elektross' best move,imo.

Nice set for sammurot. Keep aqua jet. It is useful. I would suggest waterfall since aqua tail tends to miss every time for me. Make him hold muscle band or life orb or lum berry.

Psychic >> hp grass. You can't hit fire types with any of your coverage moves. Thus, Psychic is more powerful and has better coverage. If you don't use it on ellektross, you can also consider the chesto berry + rest idea here (rest instead of psychic). if you don't I think the item leftovers will work best for volcarona.
Thanks for the suggestions! Coil would be very useful actually but that would mean I would have to catch another tynamo, evolve it and train it up until it learns coil :( (unless there's another way??) I thought HP grass was a good idea for bulky water and grounds but I psychic is a great move so it would probably still hit them hard. I may go for that suggestion. Good call on samurott too.

All hail me!
Reaction score

Thanks for the suggestions! Coil would be very useful actually but that would mean I would have to catch another tynamo, evolve it and train it up until it learns coil :( (unless there's another way??) I thought HP grass was a good idea for bulky water and grounds but I psychic is a great move so it would probably still hit them hard. I may go for that suggestion. Good call on samurott too.
Is it possible to relearn it using that move relearner?

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score

Coil should be relearnable.
Eelektross doesn't learn Coil, so it can't relearn it once it's evolved from Eelektrik.

So, I'm planning to do a mono-Grass type runthrough of HG. So far I've decided on Budew, Tropius and Lotad. I'm looking for help/suggestions for the other three? Tropius and Lotad have to stay for Fly and Surf, respectively. I also don't want to use starters, legendaries or Breloom (I used Breloom on my SS team, so it would feel repetitive).

So, any help/suggestions?