• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Prince of Leonster
Reaction score
Can I have my team rated?

I want a rating of 1 out of 10 for my team. Please also tell me what types my party doesn't have a move to defeat, or any fatal flaws.

Zekrom Lvl. 86 Holds Griseous Orb, and knows Shadow Ball, Fusion Bolt, Draco Meteor, and Hyper Beam
Kyurem Lvl. 87 Holds NeverMeltIce , and knows Glaciate, Fly, Draco Meteor, and Endeavor
Samurott Lvl. 88 Holds Lustrous Orb, and knows Dive, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Hydro Cannon
Stunfisk Lvl. 90 Holds Leftovers, and knows Earthquake, Flash, Thunder, and Fissure
Mewtwo Lvl. 100 Holds Quick Claw and knows Psystrike, Electro Ball, Hyper Beam, and Aura Sphere
Reshiram Lvl. 100 Holds Scope Lens, and knows Fusion Flare, Mist, Blue Flare, and Draco Meteor

May I have an 1 or 2 paragraph report?

bored
Reaction score
Re: Can I have my team rated?

i can't really decipher this.

all need to be lvl 100, reshiram zekrom and mewtwo are all uber.

you may want to check out
http://www.smogon.com/ for all kinds of articles and competitive sets.

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score

You really only need a one-sentence report, so here it is.

From now on, use this thread for your in-game teams.

Me!

Official game loser.
Reaction score
Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Training for E4 on Blue:, have access to move deleter via my bro's Silver if necesary and all TMs availible unless I've used here (wasted Dig on Dugtrio);
Blastoise
LV:50
Att:114
Def: 135
Spd:111
Spc:117
HP:155
Moves: Skull Bash, Surf, Bubble, Water Gun

Butterfree
LV:49
Att:79
Def:83
Spd:97
Spc:106
HP:141
Moves:Tackle, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Poison Powder

Dugtrio
Att:103
Def:70
Spd:143
Spc:96
HP:108
Moves:Scratch, Earthquake, Dig, Slash

Victreebel
Att:125
Def:89
Spd:99
Spc:127
HP:162
Moves:Razor Leaf, Slam, Cut, Mega Drain

Wiggltuff
Att:98
Def:64
Spd:73
Spc:74
HP:221
Moves:Ice Beam, Pound, Strength, Flash

Flareon
Att:154
Def:80
Spd:88
Spc:130
HP:152
Moves:Fire Spin, Ember, Swift, Quick Attack

bored
Reaction score

i don't know much about the E4 in gen1, but looks well put together. good luck, and i love your name.

@Me!

Seriously, I'm a guy.
Reaction score

I want a rating of 1 out of 10 for my team. Please also tell me what types my party doesn't have a move to defeat, or any fatal flaws.

Zekrom Lvl. 86 Holds Griseous Orb, and knows Shadow Ball, Fusion Bolt, Draco Meteor, and Hyper Beam
Kyurem Lvl. 87 Holds NeverMeltIce , and knows Glaciate, Fly, Draco Meteor, and Endeavor
Samurott Lvl. 88 Holds Lustrous Orb, and knows Dive, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Hydro Cannon
Stunfisk Lvl. 90 Holds Leftovers, and knows Earthquake, Flash, Thunder, and Fissure
Mewtwo Lvl. 100 Holds Quick Claw and knows Psystrike, Electro Ball, Hyper Beam, and Aura Sphere
Reshiram Lvl. 100 Holds Scope Lens, and knows Fusion Flare, Mist, Blue Flare, and Draco Meteor

May I have an 1 or 2 paragraph report?
3/10. Reshiram's fine, though Mist could be replaced with Psychic, Shadow Ball or Focus Blast. Zekrom's Attack is higher than it's Special Attack, so consider replacing Shadow Ball, Draco Meteor and Hyper Beam with Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw and Giga Impact (though I'd recommend Bolt Strike over Giga Impact, when you reach Lv. 100). Also, it doesn't benefit from holding the Griseous Orb (being as it's Giratina's signature item). Kyurem could be improved by replacing Glaciate with Blizzard, and Endeavor with Hail (since it looks like you're more interested in a Kyurem with Special moves). Mewtwo doesn't really need a Quick Claw, and Hyper Beam could be replaced with any number of other moves. Samurott doesn't know why he's holding the Lustrous Orb, being as he doesn't gain anything by holding Palkia's signature item. Also, Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon could be replaced with any number of other moves to provide him with more coverage (Ice Beam or Blizzard to take advantage of Kyurem's Hail, X-Scissor or Megahorn, Dig, etc). If the accuracy of Stunfisk's moves are giving you trouble, Thunder could be replaced with Thunderbolt and Fissure could be replaced with... Anything else, really.

Me!

Official game loser.
Reaction score

After looking up the Gen I E4 on Bulbapedia, I've decided to train my team another 10 lvs to stand a chance against Blue. Hey I'll find out what I called him then. I've honestly forgotten.

Ice Master.
Reaction score

Training for E4 on Blue:, have access to move deleter via my bro's Silver if necesary and all TMs availible unless I've used here (wasted Dig on Dugtrio);
Blastoise

Butterfree

Dugtrio

Victreebel

Wiggltuff

Flareon
[/QUOTE

I don't believe that you can go back to gen. 1 after you brought a pokemon over to gen. 2. Can you?

Good pokemon but you should fix the movesets.

Flareon- both fire spin and ember are awful moves. Fire blast and flamethrower would be bettre.

Wigglituff- you have double edge on you? replace pound, also body slam can work too.

victreebel- replace razor leaf with solar beam

dugtrio- why have both scratch and slash? replace scratch with something else if possible.

butterfree- can it learn psychic? get rid of tackle and put it on, or find something else to replace tackle.

Blastoise- how about replacing bubble with body slam if you didn't use my suggestion for wigglituff.

I like the pokemon, but once again, please work on the movesets. Need stronger moves here and there, oh and level up to mid 50s at least.

Me!

Official game loser.
Reaction score

Blastoise

Butterfree

Dugtrio

Victreebel

Wiggltuff

Flareon
I don't believe that you can go back to gen. 1 after you brought a pokemon over to gen. 2. Can you?

Flareon- both fire spin and ember are awful moves. Fire blast and flamethrower would be bettre.

Wigglituff- you have double edge on you? replace pound, also body slam can work too.

dugtrio- why have both scratch and slash? replace scratch with something else if possible.

butterfree- can it learn psychic? get rid of tackle and put it on, or find something else to replace tackle.

Blastoise- how about replacing bubble with body slam if you didn't use my suggestion for wigglituff.

I like the pokemon, but once again, please work on the movesets. Need stronger moves here and there, oh and level up to mid 50s at least.
Gen I and II can trade with eachother so long as none are/know moves from Gen II.

Thanks for the advice.
Many of these low powere moves are from smaller number of moves in Gen I. This is my first run on Gen I so I wasn't exactly making expert choices.
By looks of things Dugtrio has a tiny movepool. I think I'd be more comfortable if I did delete Flash from Wigglytuff. Feels like I need more TMs as all damage dealing TMs Dugtrio can learn are normal.
Again thanks for your help.

-Me!

Ice Master.
Reaction score

Blastoise

Butterfree

Dugtrio

Victreebel

Wiggltuff

Flareon

Gen I and II can trade with eachother so long as none are/know moves from Gen II.

Thanks for the advice.
Many of these low powere moves are from smaller number of moves in Gen I. This is my first run on Gen I so I wasn't exactly making expert choices.
By looks of things Dugtrio has a tiny movepool. I think I'd be more comfortable if I did delete Flash from Wigglytuff. Feels like I need more TMs as all damage dealing TMs Dugtrio can learn are normal.
Again thanks for your help.

-Me!

no prob! if you have rock slide and tri attack I believe dugtrio can learn both. Just in case you are still looking for tm suggestions for dugtrio.

Yaoi yaoi yaoi~
Reaction score

I'm just before the last gym and I would like an evaluation of my team and I need help finding a suitable 6th team member. I'm on White, and have played Black twice in the past without much success with the E4, as my teams are always hopeless... :( I know nothing whatsoever about EVs or IVs or natures, so if you have any tips or anything, they would be more than welcome!

Gurdurr - Lv. 32
Exp. Share
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Rock Slide
Low Kick

Tranquill - Lv. 33
Everstone
Fly
Roost
Air Cutter
Air Slash

Pansear - Lv. 33
Rocky Helmet
Acrobatics
Flame Burst
Bite
Incinerate

Dewott - Lv. 40
Mystic Water
Water Pledge
Razor Shell
Revenge
Surf

Emolga - Lv. 41
No Item
Light Screen
Shock Wave
Electro Ball
Acrobatics

NOTE - I don't want to evolve any of my Pokémon, but I might consider evolving my Pansear if it would be beneficial.

Ice Master.
Reaction score

I'm just before the last gym and I would like an evaluation of my team and I need help finding a suitable 6th team member. I'm on White, and have played Black twice in the past without much success with the E4, as my teams are always hopeless... :( I know nothing whatsoever about EVs or IVs or natures, so if you have any tips or anything, they would be more than welcome!

Gurdurr - Lv. 32
Exp. Share
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Rock Slide
Low Kick

Tranquill - Lv. 33
Everstone
Fly
Roost
Air Cutter
Air Slash

Pansear - Lv. 33
Rocky Helmet
Acrobatics
Flame Burst
Bite
Incinerate

Dewott - Lv. 40
Mystic Water
Water Pledge
Razor Shell
Revenge
Surf

Emolga - Lv. 41
No Item
Light Screen
Shock Wave
Electro Ball
Acrobatics

NOTE - I don't want to evolve any of my Pokémon, but I might consider evolving my Pansear if it would be beneficial.

When you are done all the training you need for Gurdurr you should consider giving it eviolite. Out of everyone on your team it can abuse it best. Will become very physically defensive bulky. If you are before the last gym you should try to catch an ice type for it if you can for your 6 poke.

Yaoi yaoi yaoi~
Reaction score

Thanks very much! I'll start looking for a Beartic or a Cubchoo. I'm also wondering, should I train a Pawniard/Bisharp for the E4 or have you got any better ideas? Is it worth evolving my Pansear?

EDIT: Also, could I please have an evaluation of my Diamond team for the E4? I haven't played for a while and it has a lot of room for improvement.

Staraptor - Lv.46
Exp. Share
Aerial Ace
Fly
Close Combat
Wing Attack

Floatzel - Lv. 47
No item
Surf
Rock Smash
Crunch
Waterfall

Monferno - Lv. 47
No item
Rock Climb
Shadow Claw
Close Combat
Flame Wheel

Roserade - Lv. 48
Big Root
Giga Drain
Mega Drain
Ingrain
Cut

Luxray - Lv. 50
Magnet
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Strength
Crunch

Dialga - Lv. 53
Adamant Orb
Metal Claw
Ancient Power
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

Yeah, they mainly fail in terms of moves, especially the ones with HMs... I can get through Aaron and Bertha all right, and Flint isn't too difficult but Lucian is currently impossible. Anyone know where the move deleter is in Sinnoh? Which items should I give my Pokémon?

Last edited:
bored
Reaction score

evolve monferno and get a little more coverage on staraptor. i don't remember the levels very well, so a nice round 50 might be good on all of them.

Reaction score
Please Rate My Team

I JUST NOTICED I CREATED AN UNNECESARY NEW THREAD! SORRY! COULD A PROFESSIONAL MOVE THIS INTO THE IN-GAME TEAMS STICKY?

I know that Mew is illegal in most tourneys, but here's my team on RED. I have never entered a tournament before, and I am still constructing this team.

1. Rhydon
-Horn Drill
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Fury Attack

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Fly
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Roar
-Take Down
-Hyper Beam
-Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
-Aurora Beam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Substitute

6. Mew
-Transform
-Psychic
-Tri Attack
-Explosion

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Please Rate My Team

Oh a Old - Red version team.

I first change Rhydon Fury Attack for Body Slam, Horn Drill are banned so i put Rock Slide; in Zapdos i try with Drill Peck for Sky Attack or Fly, Arcanine Body Slam > Take Down, and Venusaur > Vileplume, better in all maybe you can use a Alakazam or Gengar for the banned Mew.

salutes

Reaction score

I still want to keep Vileplume, but I used a lot of your ideas, jaamoon. Thanks. Here is my edited team:

1. Rhydon
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Body Slam

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Drill Peck
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Roar
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
-Aurora Beam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Substitute

6. Alakazam
-Confusion
-Psychic
-Tri Attack
-Explosion

All hail me!
Reaction score

I still want to keep Vileplume, but I used a lot of your ideas, jaamoon. Thanks. Here is my edited team:

1. Rhydon
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Body Slam

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Drill Peck
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Roar