• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Reaction score
Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

My Generation 1 Team is as follows:

Alakazam:
-Psychic
-Recover
-Confusion
-Psybeam

Jynx:
-Lovely Kiss
-Ice Punch
-Blizzard
-Body Slam

Snorlax:
-Rest
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Double Edge

Zapdos:
-Thunderbolt
-Drill Peck
-Fly
-Thunder

Cloyster:
-Blizzard
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Spike Cannon

Dragonite:
-Wrap
-Agility
-Thunder Wave
-Hyper Beam

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

._.
Reaction score

My Generation 1 Team is as follows:

Alakazam:
-Psychic
-Recover
-Confusion
-Psybeam

Jynx:
-Lovely Kiss
-Blizzard
-Psychic
-Body Slam

Snorlax:
-Rest
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Earthquake/Shadow Ball

Zapdos:
-Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave
-Body Slam/Hyper Beam
-Fly
-Thunder

Cloyster:
-Blizzard
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Spike Cannon

Dragonite:
-Wrap
-Not much point in Agility if you're running Thunder Wave as you outspeed the only Pokemon immune to it. You could replace with Earthquake/Blizzard/Surf/Thunderbolt/Body Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Hyper Beam

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Suggestions in Bold.

Reaction score

Anyone care to check out my new planned team for Black 2?

Samurott – Surf, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Dive
Lucario – Close Combat, Iron Tail, Ice Punch, Bone Rush
Flygon – Earthquake, Stone Edge, Outrage, Fly
Galvantula – Giga Drain, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave, Electro Ball
Chandelure – Heat Wave, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Confuse Ray/Minimize
Absol – Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Bounce, Swords Dance

Until I catch a Joltik, I'll be using Sewaddle. Until I catch Chandelure, I'll be using Growlithe and Woobat. Those are the basic ideas of my Black 2 planned team. Can't wait for Oct. 7th!!!

Reaction score
Team help!

So my team is:
Sammurot
Dragonite
Charizard
Venasaur
Zekrom
(EMPTY)
So i need help
with that empty slot
can anyone suggest a pokemon for meh?
(i will review suggestions tommorow)

Reaction score

I'm planning on restarting and playing Black without a starter, and playing through with Pokemon I've never used before. Can anyone give me tips on the team I've planned out, and any suggestions for moves for them?

- Ferrothorn
Move Set: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Curse/Iron Defense/Trick Room, Iron Head

- Jellicent (Ability: Cursed Body)
Move Set: Water Spout/Surf, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Energy Ball, ?

- Scrafty (Ability: Moxie)
Move Set: Crunch, Poison Jab, Brick Break/Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide/Stone Edge

- Vanilluxe
Move Set: Acid Armor, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Mirror Coat

- Sigilyph (Ability: Wonder Skin)
Move Set: Psychic, Fly/Air Slash, Light Screen/Reflect, Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Flash Cannon

- Darmanitan
Move Set: Hammer Arm/Superpower, Fire Punch/Flare Blitz, Earthquake, ?

Or

- Heatmor
Move Set: Stockpile, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, ?, ?

Reaction score

I'm planning on restarting and playing Black without a starter, and playing through with Pokemon I've never used before. Can anyone give me tips on the team I've planned out, and any suggestions for moves for them?

- Ferrothorn
Move Set: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Curse/Iron Defense/Trick Room, Iron Head

- Jellicent (Ability: Cursed Body)
Move Set: Water Spout/Surf, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Energy Ball, ?

- Scrafty (Ability: Moxie)
Move Set: Crunch, Poison Jab, Brick Break/Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide/Stone Edge

- Vanilluxe
Move Set: Acid Armor, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Mirror Coat

- Sigilyph (Ability: Wonder Skin)
Move Set: Psychic, Fly/Air Slash, Light Screen/Reflect, Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Flash Cannon

- Darmanitan
Move Set: Hammer Arm/Superpower, Fire Punch/Flare Blitz, Earthquake, ?

Or

- Heatmor
Move Set: Stockpile, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, ?, ?
As for Ferrothorn, I would suggest picking one steel type move and removing the other for diversity/coverage. For Scrafty, I don't think Poison Jab is necessarily needed. Jellicent may already have a good poison move. I think that Bulk Up or maybe Dragon Claw for Scrafty. Aside from that, I don't know of any other good suggestions for that team.

Reaction score
Pokemon Soul silver Speed run Help!

Hey i am going to challange my friend to a speed run. Who beats Lance first wins!.

So i wanted YOUR help. my friend's starter is cyndaquil and my other friends starter is totadile. So i have chikorita :(

So i was wondering which pokemon are handy to defeat the elite four and other gyms.

thanks for your help

PS: i started a test round with chikorita and i tried this: Chikirita, spearow It didnt work out well. I cant get past the 1st gym 0_o (iknow)

So to wrap it up!

HELPSSSS

thanks,

Reaction score
Re: Pokemon Soul silver Speed run Help!

With Chikorita, I usually go for Lapras (obliterates Lance with Ice Beam), Fearow (handy for Bruno because of Drill Peck), Ampharos (Discharge+Signal Beam = Will's team defeated), and Heracross (Brick Break for Whitney's Miltank, and can be taught Shadow Claw to beat Morty and Earthquake for some of Koga's pokemon). The sixth team member is different everytime, although I normally go for a Fire type such as Ninetales, or Umbreon.

Good luck on your speed run!

Reaction score

With Chikorita, I usually go for Lapras (obliterates Lance with Ice Beam), Fearow (handy for Bruno because of Drill Peck), Ampharos (Discharge+Signal Beam = Will's team defeated), and Heracross (Brick Break for Whitney's Miltank, and can be taught Shadow Claw to beat Morty and Earthquake for some of Koga's pokemon). The sixth team member is different everytime, although I normally go for a Fire type such as Ninetales, or Umbreon.

Good luck on your speed run!
Thanks for the help. but i was thinking isnt pidgeot a better choise? because of the slow grow rate of spearow and the faster growth rate of pidgey. and believe me that counts. but where can you find lapras? i thought you can get it in union cave on fridays only? and it is from wendsday to friday. so lapras isnt really a option here maybe a quagsire?

Reaction score

I was never bothered by the slow growth rate of Spearow - it always seemed pretty fast to me. I have nothing against Pidgey, so if it's got a faster experiance growth rate, then use it.

You can find Lapras in Union Cave on Fridays, but only after you beat Morty. You also have a ~17.92% (according to the Johto Safari Zone article on Bulbapedia) chance of finding Lapras in the Safari Zone... the Rocky Beach area, if you surf in the water. Quagsire's a good alternate choice, but obtaining an Ice Beam TM is 10,000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner. There's also Piloswine or Dewgong, they learn Ice type moves via level up.

Reaction score

I was never bothered by the slow growth rate of Spearow - it always seemed pretty fast to me. I have nothing against Pidgey, so if it's got a faster experiance growth rate, then use it.

You can find Lapras in Union Cave on Fridays, but only after you beat Morty. You also have a ~17.92% (according to the Johto Safari Zone article on Bulbapedia) chance of finding Lapras in the Safari Zone... the Rocky Beach area, if you surf in the water. Quagsire's a good alternate choice, but obtaining an Ice Beam TM is 10,000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner. There's also Piloswine or Dewgong, they learn Ice type moves via level up.
and it says that pidgeot is better then fearow here: Fearow and Pidgeot Compared i was also thinking about noctowl maybe?

Prince of Leonster
Reaction score

I play an emulator and have games, so I can't choose.... I will go with my current Blue team.

Charizard Level 46 Dig, Slash, Ember, Flamethrower
Victrebell Level 46 Razor Leaf, Toxic, Wrap, Solar Beam
Poliwrath Level 46 Surf, Submission, Ice Beam, Body Slam
Kangaskhan Level 46 Strength, Double Edge, Submission, Earthquake
Dugtrio Level 46 Dig, Sand-Attack, Slash, Rock Slide (Sand-Attack will be replaced by Earthquake)
Jolteon Level 46 Double Kick, Thunderbolt, Swift, Quick Attack (Swift and Quick Attack will be replaced by Pin Missile and Thunder)

So that is all for now. I will post more later.

Reaction score

So i am busy with my soul silver ingame my team is now: Bayleef, Heracross, Pidgeotto, Mareep and evee. i am nog training for that ghost gym. So i wantedd to ask in whic pokemo should i evolve evee?(umbreon or espeon) and what a good water type for the beggining(to switch later wit gyrados)

Reaction score

So i am busy with my soul silver ingame my team is now: Bayleef, Heracross, Pidgeotto, Mareep and evee. i am nog training for that ghost gym. So i wantedd to ask in whic pokemo should i evolve evee?(umbreon or espeon) and what a good water type for the beggining(to switch later wit gyrados)
For the Eevee question, I'd personally go with Espeon but that's your choice really.

As for a Water Pokemon, Wooper/Quagsire and Poliwag/Poliwhirl are good and available pretty early in the game.

Reaction score

For the Eevee question, I'd personally go with Espeon but that's your choice really.

As for a Water Pokemon, Wooper/Quagsire and Poliwag/Poliwhirl are good and available pretty early in the game.
Yeah but i also need a pokemon that can learn ice moves by itself...maybe dewgong with aurora beam..

Reaction score

Yeah but i also need a pokemon that can learn ice moves by itself...maybe dewgong with aurora beam..
Yes, or you can get a Lapras in the Union Cave on a Friday (you can reset your DS's time and date to Friday if you're impatient). It learns Ice Beam and Ice Shard by level up, which is very helpful.

Reaction score

Yes, or you can get a Lapras in the Union Cave on a Friday (you can reset your DS's time and date to Friday if you're impatient). It learns Ice Beam and Ice Shard by level up, which is very helpful.
mhh maybe but i am on a practise speed run and i am trying to make a proper team. And i dont have time to go ALLLLL the way back unioncave and catch lapras. Well anyway thanks for your help!!

Reaction score
Rate my pokemon trick room team plz? (if this is in the wrong area, plz move it)

bronzong: Trick room, hidden power ice, grass knot, earthquake (tank) (backup trick roomer)

snorlax: earthquake, thunder, crunch, fire blast (tank)

mienshao: High jump kick, stone edge, hidden power ice, aerial ace (shes here to do damage incase my trick roomers die) (physical sweeper)

reuniclus: trick room, shadow ball, psychic, recover (special sweeper) (trick roomer)

forretress: toxic spikes, spikes, rapid spin, volt switch (physical wall) (spiker)

Blissey: seismic toss, softboil, flamethrower, toxic (special wall)

* I don't have ev's, iv's, natures, or items ready yet, so plz give me ideas on those, ps I will not change mienshao XD, so plz rate this on what I have so far plz*

._.
Reaction score

@ezradunyon ; I'm assuming this is in-game so moved it here. Make sure to read the rules so you'll know what goes where in the future.