• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: Need help! Team suck :(

You can capture a Roselia in Lostlorn forest, by lvl 37 it learns petal dance and giga drain, and it'll have leech seed already. A good water type you can catch early on is Psyduck, in the Floccesy Ranch. Then it evolves at lvl 33. By lvl 33 it will learn Aqua Tail, Water Pulse, Zen Heabutt and you can teach it Ice Punch via move tutor (this one is in Driftveil city for 10 red shards). NB: you can also just teach it surf, golduck have higher Sp Att stats than Att.

To ease it up you can get the exp share in the Battle Company building in Castelia City, and you can level up against Audino on route 16 (lvl 21-23). Personally I would replace Jolteon and Zoroark. I like Flygon and it is a very versatile pokémon with great stats, Lucario is great too, as is Emboar.

An alternative to Golduck is Vaporeon, but you ca only get a water stone on route 19 (requires surf) or at the Poké World Tournament, for 3 BP. Your call.

Thanks. I will get a Roselia. I think I should replace Jolteon for the water version of eevee. My 6th pokemon is larvitar. What do i think?

Try replacing Zoroark with Solosis or Gothita (whichever version you have). They both have very good learnsets.

You can find wild Roserade in Lostlorn forest as well, via the shaky Grass (this method also provides wild Whimsicott/Lilligant, Leavanny, Vespiquen and the elemental monkeys,) in case you're interested.

If you're looking for a Water type, I think you can find wild Marill in Floccesy Ranch.

well tyranitar has a great movepool, thats a fact, but I don't like it very much, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Electivire would be great, but it's in White 2, unless you can trade for it. Archeops is amazing once it learns Acrobatics & Stone Edge. Drapion would be cool too, it can learn some cool moves and has only 1 weakness (ground) which can be taken care of with Aqua Tail or Ice Fang.

TTar works fine, but remember that his Sandstorm will damage your party members too.

Ok I see. Damn you guys are so good at this!

Ok I dropped zoroark, and Jolteon.

Does anyone have an elekid egg that they can let me have? Please?

I, for one, think Jolteon should be kept in mind for Marlon.

Speed + STAB SE attacks. Electric-types completely destroy him.

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Finished all the Gyms and beat the game. Currently playing the E4 Rematches in challenge mode... my god, it's tough e_e

My Team
Typhlosion - Lvl. 82
~ Eruption
~ Focus Blast
~ Protect
~ Hidden Power :: Grass

Espeon - Lvl. 80
~ Psychic
~ Morning Sun
~ Shadow Ball
~ Signal Beam

Conkeldurr - Lvl. 80
~ Superpower
~ Ice Punch
~ Fire Punch
~ ThunderPunch

Metagross - Lvl. 80
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Agility
~ Rock Slide

Salamence - Lvl. 85
~ Outrage
~ Fly
~ Fire Blast
~ Dragon Dance

Froslass - Lvl. 82
~ Ice Beam
~ Sucker Punch
~ Thunderbolt
~ Water Pulse

Re: BW2 Team Help!

Hey Forum! I'm three badges into White 2 and was wondering if my team could improve:
Dewott
Crobat
Lucario
Whirlipede
Flaaffy
(all level 25)

I was thinking about a Flareon or a Darumaka for my 6th member, but I'm not sure. All comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

a fire type would be a good addition. Or
In ...Driftveil i believe, you will be able to get a zorua, if you wanna hold that spot open for one more badge, you can pretty much get it as soon as you get to that city

Another question, this time for White 2: Who should I go with - Zubat (eventually Crobat), or Woobat (Eventually Swoobat)? Woobat's stats are better than Zubat's, but Crobat's are better than Swoobat's. The amount of moves of theirs that I like is about equal. But I like Swoobat's type matchup a teensy bit more. Which type matchup would be more useful in the long run? Who should I go with?

If you're taking them to challenge the E4, then you'd have trouble battling Grimsley and Shauntal with a Swoobat. In the case of Grimsley, you might just have to leave Swoobat in the back since Dark is immune to Psychic. If you have a Crobat, you'd only have to be careful against Caitilin. Also, depending on your move-set, you could deal extra poison problems to your opponent, and you'd only have to watch out for Steel-types, though luckily, there aren't many Steel-types in the E4.

So my vote is on Crobat im the long run

If you're set on Lucario, I suggest abandoning Pignite for a pokemon that offers you more coverage.

Recently started a team in Pokemon Diamond and was wondering if people could rate my team. So far it's not complete, I've only made it to Veilstone City so far.

Here it is
388.gif
(Twigleaf) Male lv.31 Ability: Overgrow
Moves
Grass Knot
Rock Smash
Bite
Mega Drain

064.gif
(Kazza) lv. 30 Ability: Synchronize
Moves
Recover
Hidden Power
Disable
Psybeam

198.gif
(Quoth) lv. 29 Ability: Super Luck
Moves Attack 67
Fly Defense 31
Wing Attack Sp. Atk 51
Assurance Sp. Def 29
Night Shade Speed 63

419.gif
(Blaze) lv. 27 Ability: Swift Swim
Crunch
Water Gun
Aqua Jet
Swift

404.gif
(Kimba) lv.28 Ability: Rivalry
Roar
Spark
Swagger
Bite

434.gif
(Bad Purple) lv. 27 (name is special to me, don't feel like explaining) Ability: Stench
Payback
Slash
Smokescreen
Toxic

Last edited:

Here is my Black 2 team:

Skamory Level 57 Spikes, Steel Wing, Night Slash, Fly
Samurott Level 63 Ice Beam, Hyper Beam, Surf, Waterfall (after going up all the waterfalls, I am going to replace with Aqua Jet)
Arcanine Level 63 Thunder Fang, Outrage, Flare Blitz, Crunch
Zoroark Level 64 Night Daze, Foul Play, Nasty Plot, Flamethrower
Lucario Level 64 Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, Flash Cannon, Quick Attack
Black Kyurem Level 73 Outrage, Freeze Shock, Fusion Bolt, Strength (Probably going to end up with Stone Edge)

As you can see, I am in the post-game training. This is how I do it: I set a level goal and raise all Pokemon to it and repeat.

Last edited:

This is an ingame team, and as such, belongs in the In-Game thread, please read the rules here next time. I'll move it for the time being.

my Pokemon Team - Black 2

these are the Pokemon I mostly use in my Black 2, they are in constant rotation
none of these Pokemon were IV/EV trained, only Haxorus Hydreigon and Zoroark were breed but trained the same as others
its not really competitive but let me know how it is and what I can do with them, they've been alright during the whole gameplay
I'm open to all opinions and I won't mind a bad comment since I know that it isn't a good lineup

Samurott - Impish - Torrent - Mystic Water
Slash, Megahorn, Surf, Dive

Aggron - Bashful - Sturdy
Thunderbolt, Iron Head, Dragon Claw, Autotomize

Haxorus - Adamant - Mold Breaker - Lum Berry
Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Rest, Dragon Dance

Magnezone - Rash - Sturdy - Magnet
Magnet Rise, Flash Cannon, Discharge, Tri Attack

Hydreigon - Hasty - Levitate - Expert Belt
Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, Charge Beam

Zoroark - Modest - Illusion - King's Rock
Flamethrower, Snarl, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse