• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

I'm nearing the Elite 4 in Platinum. But before I face them, I want move suggestions for two of my team members:

Empoleon
- Male, level 63
- Mild nature (Strong willed)
- Move Set: Drill Peck, Shadow Claw, Surf, Metal Claw

Is it a good idea to teach Empoleon Ice Beam and Flash Cannon? If so, which moves should I delete?

Gliscor
- Male, level 63
- Hardy nature (Likes to run)
- Move Set: Swords Dance, Fire Fang, Earthquake, X-Scissor

Gliscor hits like a hurricane after a Swords Dance boost, but should I ditch Fire Fang for one of the other two elemental fangs? I only stuck Fire Fang on there since I don't have a fire type on my team...

For those who might wonder, the rest of my team is Staraptor, Roserade, Honchkrow, and Luxray.

I'm nearing the Elite 4 in Platinum. But before I face them, I want move suggestions for two of my team members:

Empoleon
- Male, level 63
- Mild nature (Strong willed)
- Move Set: Drill Peck, Shadow Claw, Surf, Metal Claw

Is it a good idea to teach Empoleon Ice Beam and Flash Cannon? If so, which moves should I delete?

Gliscor
- Male, level 63
- Hardy nature (Likes to run)
- Move Set: Swords Dance, Fire Fang, Earthquake, X-Scissor

Gliscor hits like a hurricane after a Swords Dance boost, but should I ditch Fire Fang for one of the other two elemental fangs? I only stuck Fire Fang on there since I don't have a fire type on my team...

For those who might wonder, the rest of my team is Staraptor, Roserade, Honchkrow, and Luxray.

It's a great idea to teach Empoleon Ice Beam and Flash Cannon, I'd recommend ditching Metal Claw and Shadow Claw. My Empoleon had Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam and Earthquake, but Drill Peck is just as useful.

If you're going to replace Fire Fang, my advice is replace it with Stone Edge!

It's a great idea to teach Empoleon Ice Beam and Flash Cannon, I'd recommend ditching Metal Claw and Shadow Claw. My Empoleon had Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam and Earthquake, but Drill Peck is just as useful.

If you're going to replace Fire Fang, my advice is replace it with Stone Edge!

Replacing Empoleon's moves as I type. As for Gliscor, I was referring to whether I should replace Fire Fang with either Thunder Fang or Ice Fang, but Stone Edge is a good possibility. I'll think about it.

Thank you!

Black 2 singleplayer team plans

Here goes my third take: First I F**k up and post it in the Pokemon world section by acciedent, then I realize all the single player teams are oh so (In)conveniently placed into one thread, so here it goes again...

I want to restart my B2 becuase I F**ked up my first (And last) file because of poor pokemon choice, so i decide "Why not do something different and try and make my SP team more like something you would see in MP (I.E. less brawn, more Brain.) And this is the team I have proposed, All I need now is some feedback on it (Because I Don't want to screw up again.)

Anyways, This is my (Proposed) team!
Asterix (*) means that there are multiple moves I am thinking of putting in that spot, this is where I am going to need some help.

First Pokemon:
Snivy Lvl 17> Servine Lvl 36> Serperior
Grass
Nickname: Leaf (My Traditional Name for Grass Starters)
Main Role: All Around
Caught: Aspertia (Starter)
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Miracle Seed or Big Root (If Giga Drain is chosen)
Moves:
*Giga Drain Lvl 34>40>44
Leaf Blade Lvl 28>32>32
Coil Lvl 31>36>38
Iron Tail Move Tutor Lentimas 6 Blue Shards
*Energy Ball TM 53
As most All Rounds do, they mostly attack, which is what I was going for on this loadout, We have two powerful physical attacks, and one moderate-powerful special attack, plus the added bonus of coil, which allows me to prepare for an all out sweep.
I am disputing on wither or not to use Giga Drain to keep my HP up, or to use Energy Ball, the latter having no extra effects, but is more damaging, If I DO use Giga Drain, I will equip a Big Root so that I can get more out of it than normal.

Second Pokemon:
Mareep Lvl 15> Flaaffy Lvl 30> Ampharos
Electric
Nickname: Volt
Main Role: Special Buff
Caught: Floccesy Ranch (Father)
Ability: Static
Item: Wise Glasses or Light Clay
Moves:
Thunderbolt TM 24 (Victory Road)
Signal Beam Lvl 39>47>51 Or Move Tutor Driftveil 4 Red Shards
Reflect Breeding (Chikorita Family)
Light Screen Lvl 43>52>57 Or TM 16 (Nimbasa TM Department)
I wanted a Pokemon who is bulky and able to take and dish out hits, and Ampharos, although slow, certainly fits the bill for me, I also wanted a supporter on the group as well, so I researched what Pokemon were able to learn both Light Screen and Reflect and, again, Ampharos's grill is slapped all over the results. Though I did find out that he can only learn it by breeding with a member of the Chikorita family that knows the move, but since I have both Black and Heartgold, it won't be much of a problem to breed one. Thunderbolt was chosen because thunder is too inaccurate to be Amphy's only electric move, and Signal Beam was to ward off any Psychic types who will try to mess with the Reflect/Light Screen strategy, plus, the added confusion is nice too.

Third Pokemon:
Growlithe Fire Stone> Arcanine
Fire
Nickname: Blaze
Main Role: Powerhouse
Caught: Virbank Complex (As Growlithe)
Ability: Intimidate or Flash Fire
Item: Charcoal
Moves:
Flamethrower Lvl 34>N/A
Crunch Lvl 39>N/A
Dragon Pulse Move Tutor Lentimas 10 Blue Shards
Dig TM 28 Route 4
I always loved Arcanine, as I also love Dogs, and see as our ol' friend is in B2, I decided "Why not?" and chose to use it for my Fire type (I LOVE being a pyro!) But enough gushing. What I did with this is I took my token fire type and twisted it to accompany the fact that this time around, I'm not using any dragon types like a normally do (I limit myself to one pseudo-legendary per team, Lucario is the exception, obviously.) and also that I am absent of ground types. Now that iv'e cleared up why I have dig and DP on there, the rest is just your standard "Flamethrower and Crunch combo" with the charcoal added so that I don't have to trade accuracy for power like I do with Fire Blast.

Fourth Pokemon:
Buizel Lvl 26> Floatzel
Water
Nickname: Jet
Main Role: Bulky Water Type
Caught: Lostlorn Forest (As Buizel)
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: Damp Rock or Mystic Water
Moves:
Surf HM 3
*Waterfall HM 5
Ice Beam TM 13 (Giant Chasm)
Rain Dance 18 (Mistralton City)
*Aqua Tail Lvl 38>46
Though most people think it's a weak, pathetic Pokemon just because it's common, I think that it is the only decent non-starter water type in the whole gen IV lineup, which -for water types at least- was utter shite. One thing people overlook is how bulky I find Floatzel to be, it can resist a lot of attacks, and can also deal out some decent damage too. Surf and waterfall are there because they HAVE to be in order to beat the game, although I COULD substitute WF for Aqua Tail at the expense of having to drop a party member if I want to go anywhere off the beaten path, which, considering the beaten path is full of those "Why and How the fuck do you have level 88 Metagross" trainers, is a bad idea. I took advantage of swift swim being the only standard ability for Bui and Flo and applied rain dance and a moist rock, which makes it so that everyone from smogon will hate my guts for all eternity, but hey, it's not like the computer can ban me for it.

Fifth Pokemon:
Rufflet Lvl 54> Braviary
Normal-Flying
Nickname: Falcon
Main Role: Hit Hardly and Swiftly
Caught: Route 11 (Black, Traded to Black 2)
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Quick Claw
Move:
Fly HM 4
Aerial Ace Lvl 23
*Superpower Lvl N/A>51
U-Turn TM 89 (Battle Subway, PWT 12 BP)
*Strength HM 4
This is where I wish I had gotten White 2, But oh well. It's not like I can't just go onto the GTS or access some of the forbidden AR codes in my Black and then trade it to B2. This Braviary is designed to be Swift and Powerful, with hard hitting moves like Strength and Superpower, and also quick hit-and-run moves like U-turn and Aerial Ace. And, as the gods of Pokemon (Gamefreak) demand, Fly is just there so that I don't pull my hair out in rage when I have to walk everywhere and encounter those damn breeders.

Sixth Pokemon:
Absol
Dark
Nickname: Pandora (F) Shade (M)
Main Role: Fragile Speedster
Caught: Route 14
Ability: Super Luck
Item: Scope Lens
Moves:
Night Slash Lvl 41
*Razor Wind Lvl 57
X-Scissor TM 81 (Route 7)
Shadow Claw TM 65 (Celestial Tower)
*Double Team Lvl 25 or TM 32 (Battle Subway, PWT 6 BP)
I cannot tell you how great and underrated this Pokemon is. Absol is just, Awesome, but anyways, this is my loadout for him/her/it/Cthulhu. It centers around crits, like, A LOT of crits. Super luck makes it easy enough, but add in moves that have higher CHR, and the scope lens, and that's 3 Stages higher CHR than a normal Pokemon, this makes it so that, even if Absol is fragile, it will become a lucky sweeper, and if the battle is not in my favor, I can use Razor Wind to deal a decisive blow.
Tell me what you think, and if you have something to suggest, don't hesitate to tell me!

Ciao♥ :ksmile:

I've started a new game file in SoulSilver, but I'm playing through the game with a crazy set of rules and a pair of dice. Can anyone evaluate my team so far and give suggestions? In-game, I'm level-grinding for Chuck.

(Excuse the strange names. Random name generators are awesome.)

1.) Garth the Tentacool

- Male, level 25
- Jolly nature (Capable of taking hits)
- Ability: Liquid Ooze
- Current Move Set: Acid, Toxic Spikes, Bubblebeam, Wrap
- Planned Move Set after evolution: Surf, Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb, Barrier, Toxic Spikes/Ice Beam

Notes: Should I forgo Poison Jab and teach him Sludge Bomb instead? I know Tentacruel's Sp. Attack is slightly higher then its Attack, but would it make much of a difference?

2.) Faas the Graveler

- Male, level 26
- Adamant nature (Strong-willed)
- Current Move Set: Headbutt, Rollout, Magnitude, Rock Smash
- Planned Move Set: Headbutt, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Rock Smash/Drain Punch

Notes: Is it wise to teach Drain Punch to Graveler? Or should I save it for another team member?

3.) Marama the Crobat

- Female, level 26
- Lax nature (Likes to thrash about)
- Current Move Set: Leech Life, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Bite
- Planned Move Set: Poison Fang, Aerial Ace/Air Slash, Confuse Ray, Bite

Notes: Should Marama keep Aerial Ace and not learn Air Slash? It's Attack stat is higher then its Sp. Attack...

4.) Shelena the Nidorina

- Female, level 26
- Lax nature (Quick tempered)
- Current Move Set: Poison Sting, Bite, Tail Whip, Double Kick
- Planned Move Set: Crunch, Poison Jab, Earthquake, Headbutt/Shadow Claw

5.) Krister the Umbreon

- Male, level 27
- Adamant nature (Loves to eat)
- Current Move Set: Headbutt, Dig, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack
- Planned Move Set: Faint Attack, Dig, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack/Payback

Notes: I should've kept him as an Eevee until it learned Bite. Oh well.

6.) Branislava the Slowpoke

- Female, level 28
- Calm nature (Throughly cunning)
- Current Move Set: Headbutt, Yawn, Confusion, Surf
- Planned Move Set: Psychic, Surf, Shadow Ball, Amnesia

Finishing up post-gamestuff like finding the Regis/Regigas/Cresselia and the lake trio. I also want to fight cynthia and benga before taking on the Elite Four and Iris in a rematch

My team is
Samurott Lv 71
Zoroark Lv 70
Ampharos Lv. 70
Cobalion Lv. 73
KyuremLv. 71
Heatran Lv. 70

Roserade

Calm/Poison Point
Toxic Spikes
Magical Leaf
PetalDance
Ingrain

Krookodile w/ Soft Sand
Modest/Intimidate
Crunch
Embargo
Dig
Bulldoze

Beartic

Impish/Snow Cloak
Swagger
Slash
Superpower
Icicle Crash

Ampharos

Modest/Static
Charge
Discharge
Electroball
Cotton Spore

Emboar
w/Charcoal
Quiet/Blaze
Rollout
Arm Thrust
Heat Crash
Flame Charge

Unfezant
Calm/Big Pecks
Detect
Roost
Fly
Air Slash

Getting ideas elsewhere as well, so help is welcome. Currently pre-opelucid.

Okay, it's been a while since I've done this, but here we go.

This is my W2 post-game team. It originally had a Starmie, and although I loved it, recently, it's been getting its can kicked a lot, so I'm experimenting with a new Water-type. This is what I've got as of now, but I'm still fiddling a bit (well, not a lot, but a few spots here and there). Mostly this team will be for wifi and PWT battles, you know, not really competitive (I don't fare well when it comes to competitive play... see: decimated), but it never hurts to have other opinions. Here they are.

Emboar (Nitro)
-Male
-Lv 100
-Blaze
-Muscle Band
-Docile (Sturdy Body)
-Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Brick Break, Earthquake

Gardevoir (Lora)
-Female
-Lv 86
-Trace
-Wise Glasses
-Bashful (Quick to Flee)
-Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Will-o-Wisp

Braviary (Heroic)
-Male
-Lv 83
-Defiant
-Leftovers
-Jolly (Proud of its power)
-Rock Slide, Fly, Brave Bird, Giga Impact

Lucario (Noble)
-Female
-Lv 82
-Justified
-King's Rock
-Quiet (Sturdy Body)
-Ice Punch, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere

Garchomp (Jetfang)
-Male
-Lv 84
-Rough Skin
-Rocky Helmet
-Serious (Good perseverance)
-Brick Break, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Outrage

Empoleon (Jetstream)
-Male
-Lv 53
-Torrent
-BrightPowder
-Hardy (Somewhat vain)
-Scald, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Surf

As I said before, I'm experimenting with a new Water-type. I had a Starmie, which was awesome, but during post-game events, it was getting its clock cleaned a lot, so I'm trying something new, though I still have it as a fall-back. The current one is Empoleon (Jetstream), but I also have a Cloyser and a soon-to-be Kingdra, both of which I have their moves set up. But all three are still in experimentation stages, so their moves and such are subject to change. I know most of my natures are neutral ones, but that doesn't bother me, since it allows me to work on certain points more easily. If you want, I could post the other two Water-types later (I'm not gonna post them now, since this is the team I'm currently working with, so let's focus on them atm). Any thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations? Empoleon is the most experimental right now, which is why he's at a lower level, so any ideas for him would be great. Thanks again.

I swear, I've been here for a while now and I still have no idea where to ask questions on my in-game teams. -___- It seems like this thread is just a place for posting your teams, not asking questions, yes? No? Maybe so? I always feel so lost. :p Tell me where this goes so I don't get yelled at... again...

So, as usual, I've gotten a new game (finally got Black 2 over Christmas, woo!) and I'm procrastinating starting it because I have no clue who I want for my teams. I think I've settled on Oshawott (Samurott) and eventually Trapinch (Flygon). Other than that, nada. I'm trying to go through this type-by-type of what I need, but that just begs the question, which types are necessary? The two staples that I definitely need (water and flying, for Surf and Fly) are already covered with the ones I've decided. So what's next? Well, I always use an electric type. I usually use Ampharos (my baby), but I'm wondering if I should go with Tynamo (Eelektross) because of the immune-to-ground thing. Their stats aren't all that different (Speed sucks for both, only major difference is that Ampharos' Attack is lower than Eelektross', but Eelektross' Special Attack is lower than Ampharos', so I guess it kind of evens out). But then, Ampharos can learn more of a variety of attacks. Any advice there? I think I just need to break out of my comfort zone and go for Eelektross. Gahhh.

So, I guess that leaves three Pokemon left. For reference, my team on White 2 is Samurott (starter; covers Surf), Crobat (covers Fly), Ampharos, Arcanine, Lucario, and then my sixth spot rotates based on whoever I need at the moment. (I trained a Leavinny all the way to the Elite Four, but dropped her after that because let's all be honest, she sucks.) I might go with Lucario again; not sure. Help? I'm wavering on a Fire type because it's not needed all that much, and if I did use one, I might wait until I can grab Volcarona (used her on my original White game). Just to clarify, this wouldn't necessarily be my team for the whole game; it's just to get me through to the Elite Four. So no legendaries.

To recap:

1. Oshawott (Samurott)
2. Trapinch (Flygon)
3. Tinamo (Eelektross)... or possibly Mareep (Ampharos)
4. ...possibly Riolu (Lucario)?
5. ...maaaaybe Volcarona? Or Growlithe (Arcanine)?
6. Absolutely no clue. What types do I need?

So, uh, I need some help. Please?

Last edited:

I swear, I've been here for a while now and I still have no idea where to ask questions on my in-game teams. -___- It seems like this thread is just a place for posting your teams, not asking questions, yes? No? Maybe so? I always feel so lost. :p Tell me where this goes so I don't get yelled at... again...

So, as usual, I've gotten a new game (finally got Black 2 over Christmas, woo!) and I'm procrastinating starting it because I have no clue who I want for my teams. I think I've settled on Oshawott (Samurott) and eventually Trapinch (Flygon). Other than that, nada. I'm trying to go through this type-by-type of what I need, but that just begs the question, which types are necessary? The two staples that I definitely need (water and flying, for Surf and Fly) are already covered with the ones I've decided. So what's next? Well, I always use an electric type. I usually use Ampharos (my baby), but I'm wondering if I should go with Tynamo (Eelektross) because of the immune-to-ground thing. Their stats aren't all that different (Speed sucks for both, only major difference is that Ampharos' Attack is lower than Eelektross', but Eelektross' Special Attack is lower than Ampharos', so I guess it kind of evens out). But then, Ampharos can learn more of a variety of attacks. Any advice there? I think I just need to break out of my comfort zone and go for Eelektross. Gahhh.

So, I guess that leaves three Pokemon left. For reference, my team on White 2 is Samurott (starter; covers Surf), Crobat (covers Fly), Ampharos, Arcanine, Lucario, and then my sixth spot rotates based on whoever I need at the moment. (I trained a Leavinny all the way to the Elite Four, but dropped her after that because let's all be honest, she sucks.) I might go with Lucario again; not sure. Help? I'm wavering on a Fire type because it's not needed all that much, and if I did use one, I might wait until I can grab Volcarona (used her on my original White game). Just to clarify, this wouldn't necessarily be my team for the whole game; it's just to get me through to the Elite Four. So no legendaries.

To recap:

1. Oshawott (Samurott)
2. Trapinch (Flygon)
3. Tinamo (Eelektross)... or possibly Mareep (Ampharos)
4. ...possibly Riolu (Lucario)?
5. ...maaaaybe Volcarona? Or Growlithe (Arcanine)?
6. Absolutely no clue. What types do I need?

So, uh, I need some help. Please?

To help solve your quandary with choosing an Electric-type, I suggest Galvantula. Galvantula with CompoundEyes is fantastic when combined with Thunder. I pretty much always have a Galvantula in my teams now. Bug Buzz / Thunder / Energy Ball / Thunder Wave is the standard set I use for him, and he's never let me down. He was fantastic in the White 2 Pokémon League; helping me tear through Shauntal, Grimsley and Caitlin.

I'd definitely recommend a strong Bug-Type for your team (which, obviously, is a role Volcarona can fill, but Galvantula is worth some thought).

Pokemon Black is my one and only game of the series, so I am definitely still learning. My best 6 could use some verification, as I have had some difficulty in terms of appropriate movesets, particularly with my Buc Nasty (Bisharp). So here are the 6 I have used with moves and the like and I will provide some possible replacements as well:

Piggy (Emboar) Lv. 100, Blaze
Flame Plate
Hardy Nature
Moves: Heat Crash, Solar Beam, Flame Charge, Hammer Arm

Sea Leaf (Volcarona), Lv. 87, Flame Body
Insect Plate
Docile Nature
Moves: Wild Charge, Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Heat Wave

Buc Nasty (Bisharp), Lv. 95, Inner Focus
Razor Claw
Timid Nature
Moves: Swagger, Night Slash, Iron Head, Aerial Ace

Fat Cat (Liepard), Lv. 93, Unburden
X Sp. Def
Naughty Nature
Moves: Sucker Punch, Assist, Aerial Ace, Night Slash

Mientatsu (Mienshao), Lv. 91, Regenerator
Black Belt
Impish Nature
Moves: Hi Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Rock Slide, U-turn
Moveset seems all but complete to me. Only concern is Aura Sphere on a physical attacker like Mientatsu.

Rotom, Lv. 90, Levitate
Zap Plate
Gentle Nature
Moves: Thunder, Discharge, Shadow Ball
Needing a fourth move to complete the set after I turned it back from Wash Rotom.

And now the replacements:

Silky (Sawk), Lv. 90, Inner Focus
Scope Lens
Sassy Nature
Moves: Stone Edge, Reversal, Close Combat, Focus Blast
Even I know this moveset needs some work. Best way to replace Focus Blast?

Gorge (Snorlax), Lv. 90, Immunity
Leftovers
Serious Nature
Moves: Rollout, Zen Headbutt, Return, Crunch

Vicitoria (Hydreigon), Lv. 86, Levitate
Draco Plate
Hasty Nature
Moves: Fly, Payback (perhaps needing a stronger Dark move), Dragon Rush, Outrage

Move-sets updated. Is good progress being made?

Last edited:

@Meaty_Man; For both the Bisharp and Liepard, how about having Aerial Ace in their move sets? Aerial Ace can cover Bisharp's 4x weakness to fighting. As for Liepard (and this is my opinion), I'd get rid of Sucker Punch. I find it a bit hard/unreliable to use.

As for Sawk, I usually go with either Strength or Poison Jab to replace Focus Blast. Both moves hit hard, and Poison Jab's got a tendency to poison the opponent.

For Snorlax... I've honestly never used one myself. But think about its moves. Do you use Yawn pretty often in battles? If not, then go on ahead and replace it with Earthquake.

I think Silky could use a Bug-, Ghost- or Dark-type move for that pesky Psychic problem. Should I get rid of Focus Blast AND Reversal or just Focus Blast?

Getting rid of Sucker Punch was definitely not on my agenda, in fact I was going to give it to Buc Nasty as well rather than X-Scissor (as that covers nothing) as long as he can learn it.

Earthquake is definitely in for Gorge, replacing Yawn. But it has nothing for its (luckily only one) weakness. Flying doesn't sound plausible at all; what would be a good Psychic move to replace Return?

Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome, @Meaty_Man;! Glad to be of some service.

I think Silky could use a Bug-, Ghost- or Dark-type move for that pesky Psychic problem. Should I get rid of Focus Blast AND Reversal or just Focus Blast?

I'd get rid of Focus Blast, since Sawk has sub-par special attack. Looking at Sawk's moveset, the only Dark-type moves it can learn via TM are Taunt (Dark), Fling (Dark) and Payback (Dark)... and Knock Off (Dark) via Shard Tutor. It can't learn any Ghost- or Bug- types moves. I'd go with Payback, since its power doubles if Sawk moves after the opponent.

Getting rid of Sucker Punch was definitely not on my agenda, in fact I was going to give it to Buc Nasty as well rather than X-Scissor (as that covers nothing) as long as he can learn it.

The only way a Bisharp can have Sucker Punch is if you obtained it from the Dream World area Spooky Manor as a Pawniard, or you had a DW female Pawniard bred with that move.

Earthquake is definitely in for Gorge, replacing Yawn. But it has nothing for its (luckily only one) weakness. Flying doesn't sound plausible at all; what would be a good Psychic move to replace Return?

Hmmm... I don't suggest the actual move Psychic, since Snorlax's special attack is pretty low compared to its physical attack. How about Zen Headbutt? You can teach the move to Snorlax via the Shard Move Tutor in Lentimas Town, for 8 blue shards.

Hmmm... I don't suggest the actual move Psychic, since Snorlax's special attack is pretty low compared to its physical attack. How about Zen Headbutt? You can teach the move to Snorlax via the Shard Move Tutor in Lentimas Town, for 8 blue shards.

The only problem with this is that I only have the first Black Version. Can you still teach Gorge Zen Headbutt somewhere within my game?
Also, I don't seem to have the TM Earthquake. Where exactly is it? Is it in a difficult position?

The only problem with this is that I only have the first Black Version. Can you still teach Gorge Zen Headbutt somewhere within my game?
Also, I don't seem to have the TM Earthquake. Where exactly is it? Is it in a difficult position?

You can only get Zen Headbutt on a Snorlax in B/W is by breeding your Snorlax with a Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking/Cranidos/Rampardos that knows the move and the Snorlax must be holding a Full Incense because it has to be a Munchlax to get the move. So Gorge can't get Zen Headbutt in B/W, I'm sorry to say.

TM26 Earthquake is found in the Relic Castle after you've beaten the game. The Relic Castle is in the Desert Resort by the way.

I'm starting my Black 2 game, and I pretty much got 5 of the 6 down for sure, I just need help picking the last one.

Snivy--->Serperior
Venipede--->Scolipede
Yamask--->Cofagrigus
Gothita--->Gothitelle
Mienfoo--->Mienshao

For my last one, I'm thinking either:

Pidove--->Unfezant
OR
Cinccino--->Cinccino

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
My Fire Red Team Open in any Ideas

OK, so this is the Fire Red team and the moves of each pokemon I want to make. Plz look at it and see if you can help me improve I will also add some questions.

I don't wanna bother with EVs allthough I know how they work I think it's too much trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Charizard - Warog: No replacing him but I can change his moves.
- Flamethrower
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide (Just in case.)
- Sword Dance

2. Zapdos: I don't think there is a better electric in this game.
- Thunderbolt
- Drill Peck
- Agility
- Substitute (Cause it's rather squisy for a legendary.)

3. Nidoking: This one is very controversial since it's a good pokemon to start with but not so great in late game.
- Sludge Bomb
- Thrash
- Megahorn
- Shadow Ball (I need a dark move somewhere.)

4. Golem: I think for Ground & Rock moves thid fella is the best. He can also take soem good dmg.
- Rock Blast
- Double Edge
- Focus Punch (Not sure about this.)
- Earthquake

5. Suicune: Ice and water moves.
- Surf (Best water type move in my opinion.)
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest

6. Mewtwo: Not changing him. Moves can change.
- Psychic (Surprise surprise!)
- Ice Beam (This one is also controversial since Suicune has it too.)
- Calm mind
- Recovery

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so that's my team and the moves I have chosen.

My questions are:
- Should I change Nidoking? I use him cause as I said he is reallt good at start. he can also learn a huge variety of moves from bug to dark types so he can be good way to fill my gaps in offense. If you guys have a better suggestion I am open.
- Is Substitue good for Zapdos. I am not sure but since it's a pokemon that cannot take much damage I think it can be a life saver.
- Should I replace Golem? If yes with what?
- With what should I replace Ice Beam on Mewtwo?

Feel free to add any other improvements you can think of and I might not have included in my questions.

Plz do NOT tell me to:
- Change Charizard with Moltres or Ho-Oh.
- Change Suicune with Lugia. Lugia is Flying/Psychic and for some reason peopel think it's Water type.

Thank you evryone. ^^

Last edited:

I have a freshly evolved Feraligatr I got in a trade (as a Totodile) from someone here on the forums, and I'd like to use him for the PWT or Battle Subway. Can anyone give me any tips on what I should have in terms of a moveset?

Feraligatr (as of Level 30)

- Male
- Modest (Likes to fight)
- Torrent

HP: 94
Attack: 67
Defense: 71
Sp. Attack: 60
Sp. Defense: 57
Speed: 52

- Ice Fang, Crunch, Water Gun, Agility (Current set right now)

- Ice Punch, Crunch, Waterfall, Dragon Claw/Outrage (Future, subject to change)

Re: Black 2 singleplayer team plans

Here goes my third take: First I F**k up and post it in the Pokemon world section by acciedent, then I realize all the single player teams are oh so (In)conveniently placed into one thread, so here it goes again...

I want to restart my B2 becuase I F**ked up my first (And last) file because of poor pokemon choice, so i decide "Why not do something different and try and make my SP team more like something you would see in MP (I.E. less brawn, more Brain.) And this is the team I have proposed, All I need now is some feedback on it (Because I Don't want to screw up again.)

Anyways, This is my (Proposed) team!
Asterix (*) means that there are multiple moves I am thinking of putting in that spot, this is where I am going to need some help.

First Pokemon:
Snivy Lvl 17> Servine Lvl 36> Serperior
Grass
Nickname: Leaf (My Traditional Name for Grass Starters)
Main Role: All Around
Caught: Aspertia (Starter)
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Miracle Seed or Big Root (If Giga Drain is chosen)
Moves:
*Giga Drain Lvl 34>40>44
Leaf Blade Lvl 28>32>32
Coil Lvl 31>36>38
Iron Tail Move Tutor Lentimas 6 Blue Shards
*Energy Ball TM 53
As most All Rounds do, they mostly attack, which is what I was going for on this loadout, We have two powerful physical attacks, and one moderate-powerful special attack, plus the added bonus of coil, which allows me to prepare for an all out sweep.
I am disputing on wither or not to use Giga Drain to keep my HP up, or to use Energy Ball, the latter having no extra effects, but is more damaging, If I DO use Giga Drain, I will equip a Big Root so that I can get more out of it than normal.

Second Pokemon:
Mareep Lvl 15> Flaaffy Lvl 30> Ampharos
Electric
Nickname: Volt
Main Role: Special Buff
Caught: Floccesy Ranch (Father)
Ability: Static
Item: Wise Glasses or Light Clay
Moves:
Thunderbolt TM 24 (Victory Road)
Signal Beam Lvl 39>47>51 Or Move Tutor Driftveil 4 Red Shards
Reflect Breeding (Chikorita Family)
Light Screen Lvl 43>52>57 Or TM 16 (Nimbasa TM Department)
I wanted a Pokemon who is bulky and able to take and dish out hits, and Ampharos, although slow, certainly fits the bill for me, I also wanted a supporter on the group as well, so I researched what Pokemon were able to learn both Light Screen and Reflect and, again, Ampharos's grill is slapped all over the results. Though I did find out that he can only learn it by breeding with a member of the Chikorita family that knows the move, but since I have both Black and Heartgold, it won't be much of a problem to breed one. Thunderbolt was chosen because thunder is too inaccurate to be Amphy's only electric move, and Signal Beam was to ward off any Psychic types who will try to mess with the Reflect/Light Screen strategy, plus, the added confusion is nice too.

Third Pokemon:
Growlithe Fire Stone> Arcanine
Fire
Nickname: Blaze
Main Role: Powerhouse
Caught: Virbank Complex (As Growlithe)
Ability: Intimidate or Flash Fire
Item: Charcoal
Moves:
Flamethrower Lvl 34>N/A
Crunch Lvl 39>N/A
Dragon Pulse Move Tutor Lentimas 10 Blue Shards
Dig TM 28 Route 4
I always loved Arcanine, as I also love Dogs, and see as our ol' friend is in B2, I decided "Why not?" and chose to use it for my Fire type (I LOVE being a pyro!) But enough gushing. What I did with this is I took my token fire type and twisted it to accompany the fact that this time around, I'm not using any dragon types like a normally do (I limit myself to one pseudo-legendary per team, Lucario is the exception, obviously.) and also that I am absent of ground types. Now that iv'e cleared up why I have dig and DP on there, the rest is just your standard "Flamethrower and Crunch combo" with the charcoal added so that I don't have to trade accuracy for power like I do with Fire Blast.

Fourth Pokemon:
Buizel Lvl 26> Floatzel
Water
Nickname: Jet
Main Role: Bulky Water Type
Caught: Lostlorn Forest (As Buizel)
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: Damp Rock or Mystic Water
Moves:
Surf HM 3
*Waterfall HM 5
Ice Beam TM 13 (Giant Chasm)
Rain Dance 18 (Mistralton City)
*Aqua Tail Lvl 38>46
Though most people think it's a weak, pathetic Pokemon just because it's common, I think that it is the only decent non-starter water type in the whole gen IV lineup, which -for water types at least- was utter shite. One thing people overlook is how bulky I find Floatzel to be, it can resist a lot of attacks, and can also deal out some decent damage too. Surf and waterfall are there because they HAVE to be in order to beat the game, although I COULD substitute WF for Aqua Tail at the expense of having to drop a party member if I want to go anywhere off the beaten path, which, considering the beaten path is full of those "Why and How the fuck do you have level 88 Metagross" trainers, is a bad idea. I took advantage of swift swim being the only standard ability for Bui and Flo and applied rain dance and a moist rock, which makes it so that everyone from smogon will hate my guts for all eternity, but hey, it's not like the computer can ban me for it.

Fifth Pokemon:
Rufflet Lvl 54> Braviary
Normal-Flying
Nickname: Falcon
Main Role: Hit Hardly and Swiftly
Caught: Route 11 (Black, Traded to Black 2)
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Quick Claw
Move:
Fly HM 4
Aerial Ace Lvl 23
*Superpower Lvl N/A>51
U-Turn TM 89 (Battle Subway, PWT 12 BP)
*Strength HM 4
This is where I wish I had gotten White 2, But oh well. It's not like I can't just go onto the GTS or access some of the forbidden AR codes in my Black and then trade it to B2. This Braviary is designed to be Swift and Powerful, with hard hitting moves like Strength and Superpower, and also quick hit-and-run moves like U-turn and Aerial Ace. And, as the gods of Pokemon (Gamefreak) demand, Fly is just there so that I don't pull my hair out in rage when I have to walk everywhere and encounter those damn breeders.

Sixth Pokemon:
Absol
Dark
Nickname: Pandora (F) Shade (M)
Main Role: Fragile Speedster
Caught: Route 14
Ability: Super Luck
Item: Scope Lens
Moves:
Night Slash Lvl 41
*Razor Wind Lvl 57
X-Scissor TM 81 (Route 7)
Shadow Claw TM 65 (Celestial Tower)
*Double Team Lvl 25 or TM 32 (Battle Subway, PWT 6 BP)
I cannot tell you how great and underrated this Pokemon is. Absol is just, Awesome, but anyways, this is my loadout for him/her/it/Cthulhu. It centers around crits, like, A LOT of crits. Super luck makes it easy enough, but add in moves that have higher CHR, and the scope lens, and that's 3 Stages higher CHR than a normal Pokemon, this makes it so that, even if Absol is fragile, it will become a lucky sweeper, and if the battle is not in my favor, I can use Razor Wind to deal a decisive blow.
Tell me what you think, and if you have something to suggest, don't hesitate to tell me!

Ciao♥ :ksmile:

I would strongly suggest using a magnemite/ton/zone in your playthrough. You get it as early as just before the poison gym (convenient, since steel is immune to poison). Moves are pretty flexible, as long as you have STAB. I'd try to get one with sturdy, too, as words fail to describe how useful that is against gym leaders/boss trainers. He's also got pretty nice bulk, though it's not enough to be careless with (it is better than Amphy in that regard, at least).
In addition, for Elesa, I would suggest using an Onix equipped with rock tomb and Dig/Earthquake(if you can obtain it somehow via a trade-tradeback). Her entire team is just shy of useless against an Onix.

As for snivy/serperior, I got a Jolly (+Speed, -SpAtk) one for my starter, so I decided to run a bulky physical sweeper set on it.
Basically,
-Leaf Blade
-Coil
-Aqua Tail
-Giga Drain
Eventually, I gave it leftovers, and giga drain does a ton when overgrow is in affect (only time you'll really want to use it). Otherwise, set up one or two coils, then use Leaf Blade and Aqua Tail with reckless abandon. I'd recommend AT over Iron Tail only because Iron Tail is pretty redundant with Serperior's grass STAB.

Back
Top Bottom