• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Can someone help me with my Blissey? I'm trying to train her and I need all the help I can get.

Name: Lolly
Level: 23
Nature: Naive
Personality: Highly curious
Ability: Natural Cure
HP: 151
Attack: 20
Defense 20
Special Attack: 46
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 37

Moveset:

Present
Metronome
Softboiled
Sing

I'm a little unsure about her moveset. I don't want to get rid of Present or Metronome since I had to do a lot of chain breeding for her to know them. I'm a bit hesitant to give her a Lucky Egg in case she uses Fling. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Beaten all gyms in Diamond. Just need to beat Elite 4.

Shinx Lv 53
Thunder Fang
Spark
Charge
Strength

Chimecho Lv 44
Psywave
Double-Edge
Heal Bell
Safeguard

Gastrodon (Shelly) Lv 59
Muddy Water
Waterfall
Rock Smash
Surf

Clefairy Lv 41
Lucky Chant
Metronome
Gravity
Moonlight

Pichu (Pichy) Lv 31
ThunderShock
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Double Team

Pikachu (Zap) Lv 30
Double Team
Slam
Thunderbolt
Shock Wave

Can someone help me with my Blissey? I'm trying to train her and I need all the help I can get.

Moveset:

Present
Metronome
Softboiled
Sing

I'm a little unsure about her moveset. I don't want to get rid of Present or Metronome since I had to do a lot of chain breeding for her to know them. I'm a bit hesitant to give her a Lucky Egg in case she uses Fling. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you don't want to get rid of these moves, this Blissey is basically a novelty Blissey. Fun to have, but effectively useless. Present is kind of a worthless move, and metronome is a pain in the ass with reliability. Softboiled is necessary on any Blissey, and although Sing can help you catch things, it isn't really that worth it because of accuracy.

Honestly though, if you want to use a Blissey and you don't want to get rid of those moves, get another one. Keep Softboiled, maybe breed on Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. Then if you want, a status move like Sing or Thunder Wave. The remaining slot(s) should all go to special moves, like Ice Beam, Charge Beam (if you have serene grace as an ability), Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, etc. Blissy should never use physical moves, not even in-game, and sadly, that's all it learns by level up.

There are specific competitive sets for Blissey that you could go for, but since this is in the in-game section, I won't bother with that.

If you don't want to get rid of these moves, this Blissey is basically a novelty Blissey. Fun to have, but effectively useless. Present is kind of a worthless move, and metronome is a pain in the ass with reliability. Softboiled is necessary on any Blissey, and although Sing can help you catch things, it isn't really that worth it because of accuracy.

Honestly though, if you want to use a Blissey and you don't want to get rid of those moves, get another one. Keep Softboiled, maybe breed on Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. Then if you want, a status move like Sing or Thunder Wave. The remaining slot(s) should all go to special moves, like Ice Beam, Charge Beam (if you have serene grace as an ability), Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, etc. Blissy should never use physical moves, not even in-game, and sadly, that's all it learns by level up.

There are specific competitive sets for Blissey that you could go for, but since this is in the in-game section, I won't bother with that.

Thanks for the help. Is it alright if I keep Metronome? I don't want to get another Blissey since I had to do a lot of breeding to get her. (Plus my PC boxes are nearly filled up and I found out Platnium doesn't work with Pokemon Ranch.) I'm going to use TMs to replace Present and maybe Sing. I do a lot of battling to train my pokemon so money won't be an issue.

Last edited:

Well, my team is still a work in progress, but why not?

------

Spr_4p_196.png

Eve / Espeon

Level 100
Quiet Nature
Synchronize

Psychic
Signal Beam
Calm Mind
Morning Sun

I believe the term for this type of Pokemon is a 'sweeper'? I dunno. Most of my team falls under this category though.
No matter what changes I make, this Pokemon will always be in my team. It was a pain SRing for a female Eevee, and I just happened to get one with a Special Attack nature. I think it has magnificent IV's in this stat as well, because out of a max of 394 (according to the wiki) it has 378.

Spr_4p_359.png

Maeda / Absol

Level 63
Adamant Nature
Super Luck

Night Slash
Shadow Claw
Psycho Cut
Swords Dance

I'm really happy with my Absol as well. It was initially just an experiment on the high-crit build a friend and I worked out, and it works even better than expected. The abilities, combined with the moveset and a scope lens/ razor claw give it a 50% crit rate. Or something.
If anything I'm considering swapping out Shadow Claw for Slash, just so it will be able to put some hurt on dark types as well. Right now it can't do much to them.

Spr_4d_059.png

Raioh / Arcanine

Level 55
Hardy Nature
Flash Fire

Flamethrower
Extreme Speed
Bite
Thunder Fang

Yes, it has bite still. Be quiet, I'm trying to get a Dig TM.
Then I'm considering swapping out Flamethrower for Fire Fang, because it's EV trained in Attack and Speed, and Flamethrower is a Special move. I like how Fire Fang can flinch, but I don't know if his high Attack will make up for Fire Fang having a lower base power than Flamethrower.

Spr_4d_429.png

Morgan / Mismagius

Level 51
Quiet Nature

Shadow Ball
Psybeam
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray

I wanted a nature that raises Special Attack and lowers Attack, but it took hours and the best I could get was a Quiet Misdreavus so I just went with that.
I plan on replacing Psybeam with Psychic, but I don't know what to put in place of Confuse Ray since Mismagius has a...disappointing selection of moves. I'm thinking Energy Ball, because I lack a grass type.

Spr_4p_134.png

Laine / Vaporeon

Level 57
Rash Nature

Surf
Aurora Beam
Aqua Ring
...Tackle.

Obviously Aurora Beam will be replaced with Ice Beam.
Tackle is going to become either Acid Armor or Rain Dance.
I'm not sure if I'm going to keep Aqua Ring. If not, it'll become whichever of the above choices I didn't pick to replace Tackle.

Spr_4d_180.png

Cosmo / Flaafy

Level...21
Rash Nature

...Tackle Again...
...Gr...Growl....
Thunderwave
Thundershock...

Shut up. V.v; I haven't finished EV training everyone else so not much work has been done on him yet.
But I think this may end up being the first Ampharos in the history of everness to not have Thunderpunch. I've always seen that as it's signature move, but it's going to have higher Special Attack than Attack. By a lot. So Thunderbolt it is. (I don't like Thunder.)
No idea what I'm going to teach him, really, but I need an electric type for balance.

-------

So, there we go.
I used to have a Ninetails in my party but I replaced it with Arcanine because I like it's base stats and move selection better.

I planned on using a Blissey for a while, but no, not for what you think.
Instead of being a PP absorbing wall, I had planned to teach it Calm Mind, Softboiled, Thunder Wave and Baton Pass. After paralyzing the enemy, I'd use Calm Mind to max out Special Attack and Baton Pass to Espeon, who would then have OVER 9000! I mean, um, 700 ish.

In the end I just taught Calm Mind to Espeon, though, because it sounds really annoying, even to me. Of course, maybe that's because my original idea was to include Minimize and Defense Curl spamming for a completely invincible Espeon buff.... <.<;
Did I mention I really love my Espeon?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Oh, and I think it's kinda cute how everyone here calls them "HM Slaves".
My friend Seth does that. He's so tiny and adorable. o.0;
I always call them HM...umm...well it's almost spelled like whale.

Last edited:

my team from diamond, i've beaten the game (now i use the e4 for training lolz) i dont screw around with natures and iv's/ev's, but my eggsecute does have a custom hidenpower move

note: none of these pokemon have been hacked, they all have been trained normaly - quote from my bff-"i have no life"

scizor LV100 (caught on route 229 as a LV52 scyther)
item:leftovers

aireal ace
x-scissor
night slash
iorn head

(the evo off my fav poke, and my first pokemon to 100)

tyranitar LV100 (traded from my collouseum at lv 100)
item:wide lens

crunch
thunder
earthquake
stone edge

eggexecute LV100 (breeded)

hidden power rock
leaf storm
psychic
wood hammer (can someone suggest a suitable replacement that dosent reduce stats and dosent have recoil?)

camerupt LV100 (traded from my emerald at LV16 as a numel)
item: none,yet (most likley wide lens)

fire blast
stone edge
fissure
earthquake

rayquaza LV100 (traded from my emerald at lv 100)
item:dragon fang (looking for something better, suggestions?)

outrage
extremespeed
fly
dragon pulse

palkia (my bff donated it to me at lv 100)
item:lustrios orb (something better?)

fire blast
surf
aura sphere
spacial rend

well, thats my team :D

Umm >_> I can't remember any of my teams except my FireRed and Platinum teams so I'll just list those. Also I know some if not all of my Pokes have horrible move sets ;_;

FireRed:
-Blastoise lvl 63
Waterfall
EQ
Ice Beam
Protect
-Arcanine lvl 53
Extremespeed
Flamethrower
Roar
Fire Blast
-Raichu lvl 47
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Dig
Shock Wave
-Gengar lvl 55
Hypnosis
Shadow Punch
Shadow Ball
Dream Eater
-Dragonite lvl 75
Dragon Claw
Dragon Rage
Outrage
Agility
-Pidgeot lvl 54
Mirror Move
Fly
Aerial Ace
Quick Attack

Platinum:
-Infernape lvl 60
Substitute
Flamethrower
Calm Mind
Close Combat
-Garchomp lvl 71
Stealth Rock
Dig
Dragon Claw
Dragon Rush
-Staraptor lvl 54
Aerial Ace
Brave Bird
Fly
Close Combat
-Luxray lvl 59
Thunder Fang
Discharge
Thunderbolt
Crunch
-Lucario lvl 64
Swords Dance
Aura Sphere
Close Combat
Extremespeed
-Rosarade lvl 59
Magical Leaf
Mega Drain
Energy Ball
Poison Jab

I would put EQ on Garchomp over Dig, take Fly off Staraptor and put Return on for STAB (if it likes you aha). Nice Lucario, but if you want the full benefit of SD, I would put Close Combat over Aura Sphere.
I'm new to team rating though, so maybe wait for someone else to have a look :p.

Ok guys I need help on building my team.

What I have now:

Arceus(Legit, just used a cheat to get the azure flute) level 82
-Earthquake
-Hyper Beam
-Recover
-Thunderbolt

Dialga level 83
-Earth Power
-Flash Cannon
-Dragon Claw
-Roar of Time

Torterra level 82
-Rock Smash
-Earthquake
-Frenzy Plant
-Cut

Infernape level 70
-Flame Wheel
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-Cut

Gyrados level 45 (Training)
-Dragon pulse
-Hydro pump
-Surf
-Waterfall

Shelgon(Training)

Scizor(Training)

I'm thinking of using these pokemon:

Arceus
Torterra
Infernape
Gyrados
Shelgon(Salamence soon)
Scizor (When done training it)

So do you guys have any suggestions for my team? I'd really like some help :D

Arceus(Legit, just used a cheat to get the azure flute) level 82

I'm pretty sure that hacking to get an event item is still considered hacking, therefore not Legit.

Torterra level 82
-Rock Smash
-Earthquake
-Frenzy Plant
-Cut

Replace Rock Smash with Crunch and Cut with Stone Edge.

Infernape level 70
-Flame Wheel
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-Cut

Probably get rid of Flame Wheel, definitely get rid of Cut. Not sure for what to replace them with, as I haven't used a Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape yet, though get Stone Edge or Earthquake, and maybe Grass Knot. It depends on what kind of Infernape it is (Attack, Special, or Mix).

Gyrados level 45 (Training)
-Dragon pulse
-Hydro pump
-Surf
-Waterfall

Its bad to have 3 of the same types of moves on 1 Pkmn. Get rid of everything but Waterfall, because Gyarados is a Physical Attacker, so giving it Special moves is a waste. Give it Ice Fang, Earthquake, and Outrage, and if you want, switch Waterfall with Aqua Tail (Stronger than Waterfall, but misses more)

Shelgon(Training)

Give it Crunch, Dragon Claw, Aeriel Ace/Fly, and Earthquake.

Scizor(Training)

Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, and Night Slash/Double Hit (If it has Technician), or Brick break.

Also, can you post their Natures and Abilities? It'll help for giving help to your team, especially for Infernape.

Last edited:

my platinum team is this:

gengar, level 56

salamence, level 59

Staraptor, level 61

electervire, level 61

Torterra, level 59

Swampert, level 61

hi guys i was wondering on my emrald i have a lev 19 grovyile and lev 10 abra and magikarp if i evo both abra and magikarp do u think they will be ok in in game team ???

Just restarted Emerald, and have twice failed to beat Brawly (specifically, his f-ing Makuhita). This is my team:

Combusken (lvl 20)
Mild nature
-- Scratch
-- Double Kick
-- Peck
-- Ember

Lombre (lvl 18)
Rash nature
-- Astonish
-- Growl
-- Absorb
-- Nature Power

Nincada (Cut/eventual Flash slave)

I don't want to waste time raising a pokemon I'm not going to use beyond one gym, so I'd rather not catch anything specifically for this gym. I also don't want to use any pokemon I used in my last file (specifically Aggron, Manectric Breloom, Swellow, and Linoone). I know eventually I want a Skarmory and Flygon, and I should probably get another water type to keep from shoving Surf, Waterfall, AND Dive onto Lombre. Other than that, does anyone have any suggestions?

my pearl battle tower team are all over lvl 50
what items should i put on?

team pearl rangers

metagross
hasty
hyper beam
psychic
meteor mash
hammer arm

gyarados
impish
hydro pump
thunderbolt
fire blast
dragon pulse

claydol
lonely
cosmic power
psychic
reflect
earthquake

I'm pretty sure that hacking to get an event item is still considered hacking, therefore not Legit.

Replace Rock Smash with Crunch and Cut with Stone Edge.

Probably get rid of Flame Wheel, definitely get rid of Cut. Not sure for what to replace them with, as I haven't used a Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape yet, though get Stone Edge or Earthquake, and maybe Grass Knot. It depends on what kind of Infernape it is (Attack, Special, or Mix).

Its bad to have 3 of the same types of moves on 1 Pkmn. Get rid of everything but Waterfall, because Gyarados is a Physical Attacker, so giving it Special moves is a waste. Give it Ice Fang, Earthquake, and Outrage, and if you want, switch Waterfall with Aqua Tail (Stronger than Waterfall, but misses more)

Give it Crunch, Dragon Claw, Aeriel Ace/Fly, and Earthquake.

Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, and Night Slash/Double Hit (If it has Technician), or Brick break.

Also, can you post their Natures and Abilities? It'll help for giving help to your team, especially for Infernape.

Torterra:
Mild nature
Overgrow ability

Infernape:
Gentle nature
Blaze ability

Gyrados:
Lax nature
Intimidate

Shelgon(soon a salamence)
Lax nature
Rock head

Scizor:
Impish nature
Swarm ability

Sorry for the late answer.

Ok here's my team some I'm still training.

Lv100 Blaziken
Blaze Kick
Double Kick
Fire Punch
Cut

Lv84 Shaymin
Seed Flare
Air Slash
Quick Attack
Energy Ball

Lv59 Tyranitar** (training)
Stone Edge
Focus Punch
Rock Climb
Dark Pulse

Lv47 Dragonair** (training)
Slam
Shock Wave
Dragon Rush
Twister

Lv57 Lucario* (training)
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Extreme Speed
Dragon Pulse

Lv46 Metagross** (training)
Cut
Metal Claw
Psychic
Bullet Punch

Please note that training means I'm still leveling or gonna give it moves.
*= leveling
**=leveling and moves

I'd like to keep my team the same but please give me ideas on moves and I'll be sure and update ASAP.

Last edited:

Just restarted Emerald, and have twice failed to beat Brawly (specifically, his f-ing Makuhita). This is my team:

Combusken (lvl 20)
Mild nature
-- Scratch
-- Double Kick
-- Peck
-- Ember

Lombre (lvl 18)
Rash nature
-- Astonish
-- Growl
-- Absorb
-- Nature Power

Nincada (Cut/eventual Flash slave)

I don't want to waste time raising a pokemon I'm not going to use beyond one gym, so I'd rather not catch anything specifically for this gym. I also don't want to use any pokemon I used in my last file (specifically Aggron, Manectric Breloom, Swellow, and Linoone). I know eventually I want a Skarmory and Flygon, and I should probably get another water type to keep from shoving Surf, Waterfall, AND Dive onto Lombre. Other than that, does anyone have any suggestions?

whenever I have that problem, I just go back to norman's town and buy some attack and defense boosters. Normally shuts him down fast.

I just started over in FR, so

Metapod Lv.9
Lax

Tackle
String Shot
Harden

Pikachu Lv.9
Doctile

Thundershock
Growl
Tail Whip
Thunder Wave

Charmander Lv.10
Quiet

Scratch
Growl
Ember

Well, I broke down and caught myself a Sableye in Emerald to deal with Brawley, so I've raised it up. The problem is, I'm now about to go through Victory Road, and Wallace is going to thoroughly rape me -- after Drake's softened me up a bit. Here's my team:

Blaziken
Mild (lvl 50)
- Slash
- Bulk Up
- Double Kick
- Blaze Kick

Ludicolo
Rash (lvl 45)
- Thief
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Dive

Flygon
Hardy (lvl 50)
- Crunch
- Screech
- Faint Attack
- Dragonbreath

Skarmory
Hardy (lvl 48 (Keen Eye))
- Swift
- Steel Wing
- Fly
- Agility

Azumarill
Lax (lvl 50 (Huge Power))
- Double-Edge
- Rollout
- Surf
- Waterfall

Sableye
Naughty (lvl 45)
- Confuse Ray
- Night Shade
- Shadow Ball
- Knock Off

Yeah. Wallace is going to completely tear apart this team. Hell, even Juan was a problem for this team -- I only ended up winning because his Kingdra started Struggling (because I could never hit it, thanks to Double-Team) and I stopped trying to use Dragonbreath and just went for Faint Attack/Swift. The main problem is that none of these pokemon can learn Thunder or Thunderbolt. Drake's going to be a bit of an issue because I don't have Ice Beam (only Azumarill and Ludicolo can learn it; Azumarill's made surprisingly excellent usage of Double-Edge and Rollout, and Thief and Fake Out on Ludicolo have also been pretty good).

Help...

Back
Top Bottom