• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Is this a good battle tower team for Pearl?

Lopunny-Jolly-Choice scarf-Klutz
EVs/255Spd/255Atk
Switcheroo, Return, Fake out, Healing wish

Just used to fake out then switcheroo

Gyarados-Adamant-Life orb-Intimidate
EVs/255Atk/255Spd
Dragon dance, Waterfall, Crunch, Ice fang

Dragon dancer. Plain and simple.

Espeon-Modest-Leftovers-Synchronize
EVs/255SpAtk/255Spd
Calm mind, Reflect, Psychic,Hidden power-Fighting

Reflect to improve its defense and clam mind makes it a good sweeper.
EDIT
Changed some moves and added abilities

Last edited:

That looks competitive. You could post it as a Battle Tower team.

Also, all Dark-types wall Espeon.

I've been wanting to get Feedback on a new Skarmory set i've been using. So far it's worked well, but I want your opinion:

Skarmory
Shed Shell
Sturdy
Adamant
4 Atk/ 252 SpDef/ 252 Spd
-Brave bird
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
---------------------------------------
This set combines several of the Smogon Sets. The Moveset is obviously for spiking, which it is. You all know how Spiking works so I won't go on about it. The Adamant Nature and Extra 4 Attack EV's are there to put an extra little kick behind Brave bird, which I use more often than most people think I should, but It works. The 252 Special defense is to hold out against Electric and Fire type Special attacks such as Thunder or Fire Blast, which Skarmorry normally loses too. The Speed is for always getting Spikes in first, so I at least have a lityle input if someone comest at me with something really strong, which isn't likely anyway thanks to Skarmory's defences, so mainly it just makes up for the ammount of time Spikes needs to be set up. Shed Shell is for hopping out if things look bleak for Skarmory, say Magnezone and Probopass with their Magnet pull and Advantage over Brave bird.

whadda'ya think? I know it's weird, but it's done well so far.

Is this a good battle tower team for Pearl?

Lopunny-Jolly-Choice scarf-Klutz
EVs/255Spd/255Atk
Switcheroo, Return, Fake out, Healing wish

Just used to fake out then switcheroo

Gyarados-Adamant-Life orb-Intimidate
EVs/255Atk/255Spd
Dragon dance, Waterfall, Crunch, Ice fang

Dragon dancer. Plain and simple.

Espeon-Modest-Leftovers-Synchronize
EVs/255SpAtk/255Spd
Calm mind, Reflect, Psychic,Hidden power-Fighting

Reflect to improve its defense and clam mind makes it a good sweeper.
EDIT
Changed some moves and added abilities

I would not use a Choice Item for that Lopunny. Or I would change the moveset to something that can attack for 3/4 moves.

Well after reading the suggestions I have made some changes with my move sets. Any suggestions will be appreciated although there were some moves that I wasn't sure to replace with, I also changed out my Luxray for a Electabuzz.

Torterra
Solar Beam
Earthquake
Hyper Beam
Rock Climb

Garchomp
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Electabuzz
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Iron Tail
Discharge

Magmar
Fire Blast
Psychic
Flamthrower
Strength

Staraptor
Aerial Ace
Fly
Close Combat
Return

Floatzel
Surf
Ice Beam
Dig
Crunch

^Evolve Electabuzz and Magmar. That is all.

Spr_3e_151.gif

10th aniversary mew
Docile
psychic
aura sphere
metronome
surf

Spr_3e_157.gif

typhlosion
relaxed
Eruption
flamthrower
lava plume
EQ

Spr_3e_373_s.gif

salamance [shiny]
relaxed
Dragon Claw
Fly
Crunch
Zen Headbutt

Spr_3e_249.gif

lugia
Naghty
Hydro Pump
Surf
Aeroblast
-------

Spr_3e_376_s.gif

Hasty
Bullet Punch
Psychic
Meteor Mash
EQ

Spr_3e_282.gif

naghty
Psychic
T-Bolt
Calm Mind
Magical leaf

please rate!

Spr_3e_151.gif

10th aniversary mew
Docile
psychic
aura sphere
metronome
surf

Metranome is a really bad move to have. Change it for something else, and mew has tons of options. Anything goes.

Spr_3e_157.gif

typhlosion
relaxed
Eruption
flamthrower
lava plume
EQ

3 fire attacks are alot, and rarely will you need them all. Eruption when youre at full health, flamethrower when not. Lava plume can go for something like fosuc blast.

Spr_3e_373_s.gif

salamance [shiny]
relaxed
Dragon Claw
Fly
Crunch
Zen Headbutt

zen headbutt offers redundant type coverage with fly, and should be switched with something else, like earthquake or fire blast. You also could switch dragon claw for draco meteor or outrage, but that isnt really necessary.

Spr_3e_249.gif

lugia
Naghty
Hydro Pump
Surf
Aeroblast

Lugia should probably have a 4th attack. surf and hyddro pump offer the same type coverage, so switch one for something like ice beam of thunder (or both, considering you have a moveslot to spare

Spr_3e_376_s.gif

Hasty
Bullet Punch
Psychic
Meteor Mash
EQ

this guys fine, though switching psychic for zen headbutt might be a good idea due to metagross's higher attack stat.

Spr_3e_282.gif

naghty
Psychic
T-Bolt
Calm Mind
Magical leaf

fine the way it is.

please rate!

I've been wanting to get Feedback on a new Skarmory set i've been using. So far it's worked well, but I want your opinion:

Skarmory
Shed Shell
Sturdy
Adamant
4 Atk/ 252 SpDef/ 252 Spd
-Brave bird
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
---------------------------------------
This set combines several of the Smogon Sets. The Moveset is obviously for spiking, which it is. You all know how Spiking works so I won't go on about it. The Adamant Nature and Extra 4 Attack EV's are there to put an extra little kick behind Brave bird, which I use more often than most people think I should, but It works. The 252 Special defense is to hold out against Electric and Fire type Special attacks such as Thunder or Fire Blast, which Skarmorry normally loses too. The Speed is for always getting Spikes in first, so I at least have a lityle input if someone comest at me with something really strong, which isn't likely anyway thanks to Skarmory's defences, so mainly it just makes up for the ammount of time Spikes needs to be set up. Shed Shell is for hopping out if things look bleak for Skarmory, say Magnezone and Probopass with their Magnet pull and Advantage over Brave bird.

whadda'ya think? I know it's weird, but it's done well so far.

I think that skarmory should run some defense evs, because it will typically come in on physical attacks. You dont need the speed evs really, So i'd run 8 evs to outspeed a typical magnezone.

Last edited:

Hello everybody!
I'd really like some help for my team,i just don't know where it's going...
I'll start saying that I don't like using legendary pokèmon,so don't cosider suggesting me to...
Now,here's the team(most of it is in training):

--Mismagius--
Quirky
Grudge
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Perish Song

I'm not going to change this one,he's like my starter!Only grudge don't seem a neat move,I'd like to change it.I thinking about re-teach painsplit or something like Thunder.

--Shelgon--
Brave
This one is in training,so I'm posting his moves when He's going to be a Salamence
--Dragonair-- :-/
Gentle
This pokèmon rise to me too many question:I hate Dargonite,but I love Dragonair,but he's too weak.
I may substitute him with a Cloyster or an Altaria.Again I'm waiting for your suggestions.
--Masquerain--
Relaxed
(moves are temporary)
Bubble
Quick Attack
Gust
Scary Face
Masquerain has a really impressive movepool,I'd like to teach him Shadow Ball.

Now it's all uncertain.For the last two spots,I put a Gible and an Absol with punishment or a Sableye(without stall!) .But with Gible the team will gain an extreme weakness to Ice...
To counter it I can put my Charizard(I'm really scared by Mamoswine)
--Charizard--
Docile Nature
Wing Attak
Fly
Dargon Rage
Fire Fang

Or should I use a pokèmon of an Ice-resisten type who can handle some good fire moves?e.g Octillery

Well,I'm waiting for your suggestions,thank you anyway:shy:

Pikachu- thunderbolt, body slam, submission, seismic toss/t-wave
Nidorina- Earthquake, blizzard, thunderbolt, body slam/surf (when nidoqueen)
Nidoran(m)-kinda pointless to have with Nidorina, as they are like the same thing, you should replace him for something else, if not, the same set works.
butterfree- psychic, mega drain, sleep powder, supersonic/stun spore
rattata- Super fang, hyper fang, bubblebeam blizzrad
pidgey-fly, mirror move, mimic, quick attack

I haven't even beaten the Elite Four in my most recent Emerald playthrough yet, and I'm already thinking about my next team. Keep in mind, I'm trying to use pokemon that I haven't used (or haven't used very much).

Sceptile
Wailord
Torkoal
Dusclops
Swellow
Magneton

Sound plausible?

I haven't even beaten the Elite Four in my most recent Emerald playthrough yet, and I'm already thinking about my next team. Keep in mind, I'm trying to use pokemon that I haven't used (or haven't used very much).

Sceptile
Wailord
Torkoal
Dusclops
Swellow
Magneton

Sound plausible?

Yeah. Magneton has a 4x weakness to Ground. Torkoal is weak to it as well. Good thing you included Sceptile (who resists Ground and Water) and Swellow (who's immune to Ground).

I'll give a proper rate later.

types seem to be well-balanced, but movesets would be helpful

types seem to be well-balanced, but movesets would be helpful

Since I did mention I haven't actually started to build the team yet, I don't have movesets.

Also, I'm kinda concerned about how late in the game you can obtain some of these pokemon, notably Dusclops and Wailord. You don't get the Good Rod until you're headed up to fight Winona, and Mt. Pyre is after that. Magneton can't be gotten until after the 5th badge, as well.

eh, fair 'nough. also, while you can't get wailord 'till a while, you can get wailmer, which would evolve into wailord, and i think magneton has a similar story, though i'm not sure, as i haven't touched my Sapphire version in the longest time

eh, fair 'nough. also, while you can't get wailord 'till a while, you can get wailmer, which would evolve into wailord, and i think magneton has a similar story, though i'm not sure, as i haven't touched my Sapphire version in the longest time

Yeah, but you can't catch a Wailmer with an Old Rod :-/

this is true, but you wouldn't necessarily need to, if one was willing to backtrack a little bit

My Team:
(Note: This team is designed to have all HMs so I won't need to go to the PC when necessary. I will eventually get rid of the more useless ones like Whirlpool since we only need it in one place or 2 places.)

Feraligatr(Bloo)
- Dragon Claw (For Clair/Lance)
- Surf (I need a surfer)
- Waterfall (This is an attack that gets STAB + Feraligatr's high attack = Win!)
- Whirlpool (Sadly, it must go here, but since I won't need it often, I'll eventually replace it with Ice Beam/ idk. Any tips on what should go here?)

Gengar (Boo!)
- Shadow Ball (I need a STAB move)
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion
Yes, this is very predictable on Gengar competitively, but I'm using it in-game

Donphan (Amber)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Strength
- Ice Shard/ Fire Fang (What do you guys think? I have a brother that I battle with, and he has a nasty Scizor, so that's why I have Fire Fang, but what's more useful?)

Kingdra (Shelly)
- Dragon Dance (Yes, a classic!)
- Outrage (DD + Outrage + STAB = Win!)
- Waterfall (STAB + Waterfall + DD = Another Win!)
- Dragon Pulse/ Draco Meteor (I'm stuck on this. What should I pick? DP is Sp. ATK with good accuracy, but DM is a stronger SP. ATK with worse accuracy and lowers my Sp. ATK. Suggestions?)

Venusaur (Saur) Yes, I know, the nickname is simple, but oh well!
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball/ Giga Drain (Which one?)
- Leaf Storm
- Rock Climb (Yep, I have to put it here)

Skarmory (Skar) Yes, another simple name.
- Fly
- Steel Wing
- Rock Smash
- Cut
Yep, my HM slave. Can't do anything about it. But this could still come in handy, ya know.

I'm trading over all of my pokemon excluding my starter. I have them all bred and ready to go. Plus, 4 of them are shiny! I know, I'm pretty spoiled, hee hee. Well please comment on which moves should go where. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom