• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Im Planning for the future, can you rate These Pokemon?

Breloom Lv.?? Ability: Poison heal
Moves:Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Fadcade, and Sky Uppercut
Item:Toxic Orb

Braloom Lv.?? Ability: Effect Spore
Moves:Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Counter
Item:Big Root

Altaira Lv.?? Ability: Natural Cure
Moves:Draco Meteor, Sky Attack, Dragon Rush, ??? (dont know what to chose)
Item:Metronome, Mucle Band, ???, Draco Plate

Event Jirachi Lv.?? Ability: Serene Grace
Moves:Doom Desire, Draco Meteor, Psychic, Healing Wish
Item:Draco Plate, ???

Post Comments...

My current team in Pokemon Platinum (all lv. 77

Togekiss:
- Fly
- Hyper Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash

Froslass (prob my best):
- Blizzard
- Hail
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Milotic:
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Torterra:
- Frenzy Plant
- Leaf Storm (although currently Rock Climb b/c i was in a jam and needed a rock climber quick)
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Camerupt:
- Rock slide
- Earthquake
- Eruption
- Flamethrower

I'm still looking for a sixth member, and maybe a replacement for Camerupt, here are some of my ideas:

Crobat:
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- Cross Poison
- Toxic

Arcanine:
- Flare Blitz
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Extremespeed

Kingdra
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

Roserade
- Leaf Storm
- Petal Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes or Toxic

Shoot me your opinions!

Note the Tokakiss can learn Brave Bird and Sky Attack, But Sky Attack is pretty expenseve, costing at 56BP. I would deleate Fly and Air Slash.

Note the Tokakiss can learn Brave Bird and Sky Attack, But Sky Attack is pretty expenseve, costing at 56BP. I would deleate Fly and Air Slash.

Nah Togekiss's Sp. Att. is off the charts, but it's normal Att is kinda mediocre. Air Slash is the best Special Flying moves (aside from Aeroblast which is only on Lugia). Also I need fly just b/c it's convenient. If I was competitive battling I'd probably make it learn Roost

Edit:

Your team seems pretty good too. I would use Dragon Dance as the last attack for Altaria, and I would probably give the psychic plate (forget what it's called) or the iron plate to Jirachi instead of the Draco plate, although there's probably better items you could chose.

Hyper Beam just might be a little bit of a good idea but I would only use it in a case of true danger.
For a new Pokemon, I would chouse Arecus XD ...not realy, I think Shedinja, Lulicolo with Hydro Pump (Lv.45), or Walrain.

My Battle Fronteir Team in Emrild (All Lv.50)

Wailord
Water Spout, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, Surf
Item:??? Cant remeber

Walrain
Ice Ball, Ice Beam, Blizzerd, Surf
Item:??? Cant remember but something like Nervermeltice

Salmance
Dragon Claw, Flamethower, Fly, ??? cant remember
Item:Something like Dragon Claw (not the TM)

Post Comments...
Why am I doing this so much? Probaly because I want to tell you my Pokemon and future Pokemon and see your opinions.

Not bad for a start. When it comes to Cyndaquil learning Extrasensory, it generally needs to breed with a Vulpix/Ninetales that knows it. However, your Cyndaquil has to be female while the Vulpix/Ninetales has to be male in order to obtain the move. But since you can't get Vulpix until at least after Whitney, and since most Cyndaquils are male, that might be a problem. Other than that, you're off to a good start.

Well, Cynder is Female :) First try too! I would have restarted til I got one anyway.
Cynder lvl 16
Zubat lvl 15
Oddish lvl 5(Just caught)
Gastly lvl 15
Geodude lvl 9

um should I evolve Oddish into Bellossom or Vileplume?

TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Blaziken
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Brick Break
Rock Smash

Crawdaunt
Surf
Dive
Waterfall
Crunch

Flygon
Earthquake
Fly
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace

Vileplume
Petal Dance
Sludge Bomb
Flash
Cut

Gardevoir
Psychic
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Confusion

Aggron
Iron Tail
Double Edge (if it has rock head)
Metal Claw
Strength

CLOSED- final team posted above. Thanks to MorruMaster14 for the help, and to UltimateSephiroth, don't bother moving now, and sorry I didn't post it in the right spot.

Re: Rate my team? (Emerald)

I think gardevoir should learn thunderbolt.
Manectric's pretty weak and you should be able to raise better pokemon, and as for the ice type, walrein should take care of drake's pokemon.

I thought about Walrein after posting this. The water type would negate his pokemanz flamethrower, i think at least a few of them have it. I think I'll teach Gardevoir Tbolt, Psychic, Calm mind, and Confusion. Not sure what I should replace Manectric with. I could use an HM slave until I get the the area that snover is located in and then swap it out before the E4 or I could just go with a new type altogether.

EDIT: I originally wanted a bug type in there, but after doing some research I realized that there are like, zero bug type moves in gen 3.

why not teach brick break for blaziken? it recieves stab, a great way to KO sidney and glalies.
confusuion seems to bee a bit weak. How about lightscreen or safeguard? how about teaching rock slide to aggron?

The reason I like confusion on my Gardevoir is so I dont have to use Psychic or Tbolt on an opponent that I left with just a little bit of hp after the first attack. It has decent damage (50) 100 accuracy, and has a chance to confuse. Basic attack, yes, but I like having it for the extra PP.
When you say "teach brick break to Blaziken" should I replace Sky Uppercut or Double Kick?

The reason I like confusion on my Gardevoir is so I dont have to use Psychic or Tbolt on an opponent that I left with just a little bit of hp after the first attack. It has decent damage (50) 100 accuracy, and has a chance to confuse. Basic attack, yes, but I like having it for the extra PP.
When you say "teach brick break to Blaziken" should I replace Sky Uppercut or Double Kick?

ah alright now i get confusion.

i'd say replace double kick. why not include flamethrower while you're at it?

Alright, that works. I guess I could use an HM slave for my sixth slot then? I really don't normally do that but I cant figure out another poke to fill that slot that I actually NEED. Suggestions?

EDIT: Maybe a grass type like Bellossum/Vileplume with two grass moves/1 grass, 1 poison, and have it learn two HMs? Not sure if grass or grass/poison is good for anything though. Maybe as a backup in Sootopolis.

Alright, that works. I guess I could use an HM slave for my sixth slot then? I really don't normally do that but I cant figure out another poke to fill that slot that I actually NEED. Suggestions?

a good HM slave in my opinion is golduck-learns surf dive waterfall rock smash sthrength, basically all except fly. ( i think it can even learn flash)..Its a great water type, though when i look at your crawdaunt it would be very similar. But unlike the lobster golduck can learn psychic too. but i guess you need crawdaunt for Phoebe..meh, flygon can learn crunch as well.

Edited the post before your last one, would that be worth anything? I could get a Bellossum somewhat easily..

to be honest.. there's actually not a great moveset for bellossom in gen III... i prefer VILUPLUME. it gets stab from sludge bomb. the best grass move bellossom can learn should be magical leaf or giga drain(which is still a bit weak)

hmm Vileplume also gets stab from Sludge bomb. I could have a Vileplume with Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Flash, and Cut. Giga drain could be swapped with a different grass type move due to its horrible PP. Petal Dance maybe?

hmm Vileplume also gets stab from Sludge bomb. I could have a Vileplume with Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Flash, and Cut. Giga drain could be swapped with a different grass type move due to its horrible PP. Petal Dance maybe?

sorry i typed"meganium" instead of "vileplume"XD petal dance would be great just attach that confusion removal berry to it.

ok. I think that will be my final team then. Thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom