• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

my platinum team so far...
prinplup (Squirt) lvl 27
metal claw bide
bubble bubblebeam
Aipom (Tri-palm)
Fury swipes baton pass
tickle astonish

by elite 4, will have these 4 on team:
rhyperior
scizor
alteria
Drapion

my bad forgot about pokeathlon. I don't do it, so I forgot...
Also I didn't know that Seel and Staryu were available there...and I waited all the way to Kanto to get them! lol

Lapras and Tentacruel both require the exact same amount of exp. to level up each time, and yes... it IS painfully slow. If he's going the "quick to level-up" route... the Marill line would be the easiest...although Azumarill sucks. Aside from that, the Seel line would be the best bet going that route.

Azumarill with Huge Power is awesome :C
They really shine in play throughs (where they can power level if need be) and UU teams not expecting the little critter. xD

Battle Tower team:

Tyranitar @Life Orb
Jolly 6HP/252Atk/252Spe
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp @Yache Berry
Adamant 6HP/252Atk/252Spe
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Swampert @Leftovers
Impish 252HP/6Atk/252Def
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Avalanche

heres my team (thanks to insommiac *dear lord i hoped i spelled it right* for directing me here)
Gengar:Quiet nature Levitate
Moveset:psychic,Sludge Bomb,Shadow Ball,Energy Ball/Ice Beam
Feraligatr:Brave nature Torrent
Ice Fang,EQ,Crunch,Surf
Ampharos:Mild Static
Fire Punch,Thunder,Discharge,Signal Beam
Gallade:Mild Steadfast
Psycho Cut,Leaf Blade,Close Combat,Swords Dance
Dragonite:Naughty ** Inner Focus
Fly,Dragon Dance,Aqua Tail,Outrage
Aggron:Brave Rock Head
Metal Burst,Double Edge,Iron Tail,Brick Break

OK here's my platinum team so far, and i'm in sunnyshore city about to fight volkner

Gallade lvl 44 Quirky nature
psycho cut
cut
drain punch
magic leaf

Weavile lvl 43 Modest nature
metal claw
icy wind
night slash
surf

Gliscor lvl 43 Mild nature
defog
aerial ace
x-scissor
dig

Luxray lvl 44 Adamant nature
strength
crunch
charge
spark

Infernape lvl 44 Serious nature
close combat
mach punch
flame wheel
rock climb

Lucario lvl 27(still lvling) Lonely nature
flash cannon
metal sound
screech
force palm

let me know what you think, and i also have an octillery im using for waterfall when need and altaria for fly

Gallade, replace Cut immdeiately. Cut's an HM move, and it's terrible. Stone Edge is a good alternative. Replace Magical Leaf with Leaf Blade cause Gallade's special attack is a lot less than it's Physical.

Weavile, looks pretty good, but Ice Punch beats Icy Wind by a lot.

Again Defog ins't very useful in-game. Roost is still useful in-game, so teach it to Gliscor. Also, Earthquake is better than Dig by a long-shot.

Can't think of anything for Luxray, since Strength is decent in-game.

Infernape--Close Combat is great, considering Infernape's speed. Mach Punch is good if you really want priority, though I personally never use both.

Lucario:...OK, if I were you ,I'd use all Special attacks--Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, and your Flash Cannon are good. Or remove one of them and go with Metal Sound.

So, I'm probably going to be trying my luck at the Battle Frontier again, and right now I'm aiming to make a team more suited for the Tower specifically. I've been browsing RMTs and what not throughout the forums, and have seen a good number of No Guard Machamps, and I thought about how awesome having one as a lead would be. Here's the idea:

68.png

Machamp @Choice Scarf
No Guard Ability
Jolly Nature
36 HP/252 Atk/220 Speed
~ DynamicPunch
~ Payback
~ Fire Punch/ThunderPunch
~ Ice Punch

Jolly Nature and 220 Speed EVs put Machamp at 113 Speed, which just outspeeds Max Speed Garchomp and, and thus everything slower (without a Scarf, which I forget, but don't think Garchomp/Salamence/Flygon/Dragonite have Choice Scarfs). Thus, Ice Punch makes it's mark on them, even if Machamp gets the Intimidate drop (None of them are built defensively). The only reason I don't go Max Speed, is because Machamp only caps at 117, which is (maybe) one point shy of Speed tieing with Gengar after a Scarf, and two short of outspeeding it (more on that later), so there didn't seem like a point in any extra investment, and thus, throw the rest in HP.

DynamicPunch+Payback make almost nuetral coverage, only resisted by Toxicroak, who, if it has Dry Skin, will get hit HARD by Fire Punch (and is also outspeeded by Machamp with the Scarf). I'm debating, however, to replace Fire Punch with ThunderPunch to deal with Gyarados (and any Starmie dumb enough not to OHKO me), as it will help a lot more in the later rounds, still provide all around nuetral coverage, and give me two awesome coverage pairs (Dark+Fighting, and Electric+Ice).

I know that not putting the most investment in Attack isn't the smartest idea, but Jolly and 220 are necessary to make the Speed marks I want. The only down side is, I still fall prey to things like Gengar, Starmie, Alakazam, Swellow. Really everything as fast as Infernape, or faster. I COULD put in Max Speed for Machamp, which would put me at 117 Speed, and 175.5 Speed after the Scarf. I need to know if that would round down to 175, or up to 176. If it rounds up, it qualifies me for a Speed tie with Infernape (but is it even worth it?)

Im looking for sugestions for the battle frutier on emrild.
What should I use? Any pokemon game from the III Gen is incleud (almost everyone)

Im looking for sugestions for the battle frutier on emrild.
What should I use? Any pokemon game from the III Gen is incleud (almost everyone)

I know Hyper Beam Slaking is always a favorite for... obvious reasons I guess hahaha. It always makes a great revenge killer. I've seen it paired with Milotic well, who would basically have an identical set to the one you'd see in competitive battles now a days. You could also try and pair Ninjask with the likes of... any Physical sweeper. Salamence is always an option.

The Complete My Team Thread

I decided to delete my old file and play through the epic Leaf Green! I picked a Suqirtle, and caught a bunch of pokemon, the ones in my team being

Lv.39 Blastoise: Tackle
Water Gun
Bite
Bubble

Lv.39 Victreebel: Vine Whip
Cut
Bullet Seed
Sleep Powder

Lv.40 Nidoking:Double Kick
Surf
Horn Attack
Dig

Lv.39 Pidgeot: Aerial Ace
Wing Attack
Gust
Fly
I have 5 badges so far, and i wanted to ask you guys, something. I still need two more pokemon, and i need a fighting type and an electric type. Or pokemon that are good, but can learn fighting and elctric moves. a pokemon that can learn psychic types moves would also be useful.

NOTE: I don't want you to rate my team, I just need some help finding some pokemon to join my team. Don't post stuff like "YOur team sucks and crap" I know the movesets aren't the best in the world, but these are just temporary. They'll be wicked by the time i get to the elite four. Besides, the moves do waht i need and thats cool.

SO could people please help me find 2 pokemon that would be really good according to the categories typed above? Thanks;)

Moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

EDIT;; Just use a Zapdos?

Re: The Complete My Team Thread

I decided to delete my old file and play through the epic Leaf Green! I picked a Suqirtle, and caught a bunch of pokemon, the ones in my team being

Lv.39 Blastoise: Tackle
Water Gun
Bite
Bubble

Cut
Bullet Seed
Sleep Powder

Lv.40 Nidoking:Double Kick
Surf
Horn Attack
Dig

Wing Attack
Gust
Fly
I have 5 badges so far, and i wanted to ask you guys, something. I still need two more pokemon, and i need a fighting type and an electric type. Or pokemon that are good, but can learn fighting and elctric moves. a pokemon that can learn psychic types moves would also be useful.

NOTE: I don't want you to rate my team, I just need some help finding some pokemon to join my team. Don't post stuff like "YOur team sucks and crap" I know the movesets aren't the best in the world, but these are just temporary. They'll be wicked by the time i get to the elite four. Besides, the moves do waht i need and thats cool.

SO could people please help me find 2 pokemon that would be really good according to the categories typed above? Thanks;)

ok what you're going to want to do is go to the move delete and make nidoking forget surf and teach it to blastoise since it gets STAB unless you want them both to have it, also replace one of blastoise's move w/rain dance

for pidgeot replace gust with double edge at the move tutor since you haave two other flying attack at it would be to one dimensional

if you have the tm teach victreebel sludge bomb, replacing bullet seed
and for your other two go with a magmar and teach it flamethrower psychic toxic and hyper beam and for the second one get a jolteon and teach it double kick, since you want a fighting attack, pin missle, thunder wave, and thunder

so now you should have

Lv.39 Blastoise: Rain Dance(learns at 42)
Surf
Bite
Ice beam
Cut
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

Lv.40 Nidoking: Megahorn
Surf
Horn Attack
Earthquake(tm)

Feather Dance
Double Edge
Fly

Magmar: Flamethrower
Psychic(tm)
Toxic(tm)
Hyperbeam(tm)

Jolteon Double Kick
Thunder(100% accurate w/rain dance) Pin Missle
Thunder Wave

Skylocust, I would basicly go with Jolteon thing above or Zapdos, but he could be a pain to capure. Just for fun I would probly go with a Eleabuzz. Thunderpunch would be good with his high attack.

If you have any tips on Pokemon Emerald's Battle Frontire (like what to use) I would like that.
I have a Salamance for this, and it sucks.
Salamance Lv.50
Headbutt
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Fly

Did you know you could use the lengendary birds in the battle fountire?

I'm having a hard time getting to 100 wins or even the 49 win Palmer rematch in the Battle Tower. I've only gotten as far as 42 wins. Here is my team:

Porygon-Z @Focus Sash
Adapability
-Tri Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Agility

Dragonite@ Lum Berry
Inner Focus
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Fire Punch

Metagross@ Life Orb
Clear Body
-Meteor Mash
-Thunderpunch
-Explosion
-Earthquake

My Porygon-Z has 190 SpAtk at level 50 and around 110 Speed, so I'd rather not get rid of it if I can. I was, however, considering Garchomp over Dragonite, as he's usually too slow to use Roost and is weak to Rock, and most rock types also pack ground type moves that can bash Metagross. Metagross has a brave nature since it's the one you get from Steven in HG/SS, so maybe I should use a Choice Scarf?

Last edited:

I would lead with Metagross and do Garchomp > Dragonite. What game is this for, HG?

I need some opinions. What do you think of a team like this?;
Feraligatr [Vector]
Typhlosion [Knuckles]
Meganium [Haruka]
Electivire [Kenji]
Rhyperior [Rambi]
Espeon [Teru]
Umbreon [Anubis]
Froslass [Hikari]

The reason for 8 Pokémon is because this is my team for the IPGL.
Um, doesn't the IPGL count as competitive battling?
Either way, I think that it would help to have movesets (the IPGL doens't ask for them, but to rate it we need them). And if you know EVs or IVs, that's help too.

Umbreon or Espeon? I really like them both, but I can't decide which to have on my team in Leafgreen. I was thinking Umbreon, but then I remembered that my Blastois can learn dark type moves, like crunch, bite, and skull bash, so i thought about Espeon. I really need a Psychic type as well, so I decided to ask some help from my fellow forum people.

EDIT: I've decided to get something else for an electric type besides Jolteon, and it's sort of better.

Use Espeon, it seems more useful. And you probably need something fast and speedy.

Back
Top Bottom