• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

I think a nice Pokemon to use would be Togepi/Togetic from the egg you get in Eterna, and since you need a Fire type..try Ponyta or something..I don't really know the Fire types you can get in Sinnoh.

I could get a Flareon, for fire. And the Togepi line would be nice, yes. So I have:
Water/Steel
Fire
Electric/Ghost
Normal/Flying
Dragon/Ground

Maybe some special attacker. Grass, or something.

I could get a Flareon, for fire. And the Togepi line would be nice, yes. So I have:
Water/Steel
Fire
Electric/Ghost
Normal/Flying
Dragon/Ground

Maybe some special attacker. Grass, or something.
NONONONONNONONONONO!!!
Don't get Flareon. Sorry, but Flareon has great attack with no STAB attack moves. Use magmar as a fire type, since you can evolve it to Magmortar. Rotom works, as does Garchomp. You're final pokemon should be bibrael.

As an HM Slave.

Ok, so what should I evolve my Eevee into? Choices are Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, and Glaceon. I'd almost go for Espeon, so I have a good special attacker, but I'm not really sure.

Ok, so what should I evolve my Eevee into? Choices are Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, and Glaceon. I'd almost go for Espeon, so I have a good special attacker, but I'm not really sure.

Well, let's see, you have
Magmortar
Togekiss
Empoleon
Garchomp
Rotom
Bibarel

Generally speaking you need an HM Slave, but yes, I'd recommend Espeon for special attacker, with Calm Mind, Psychic, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball.

I'm finally living out my dream of having an all-Water type team on Soulsilver. I started out with a Totodile and am wondering what other Pokemon should be on my team.

I'm finally living out my dream of having an all-Water type team on Soulsilver. I started out with a Totodile and am wondering what other Pokemon should be on my team.

Well, here's my persnoal recommendation.
If you REALLY want all Water:
Bibarel: HM Slave
Starmie: Special Attacker
Lapras: Special Attacker, but takes hits like a champ!
Feraligatr: Physical Attacker
Vaporeon: Staller (comes in handy against many opponents).
Poliwrath: Bulk Up, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Hypnosis

Love it. Maybe a Slowking instead of Bibarel (?), I haven't gotten my National Dex yet.

Who says you need the dex? Trade it over. I'm sure many people here will be happy to give you one.
Also, movesets....

Feraligatr: Swords Dance, Crunch, Ice Punch (or Fang if you can't trade), Waterfall
Lapras: Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Surf, Sing.
Vaporeon: Toxic, Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Surf
Poliwrath: Bulk Up, Ice Punch, Hypnosis, Waterfall
Starmie: Ice beam, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Recover
Bibarel: Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength, Whirlpool/Cut

Hope I helped!

GASP!!! Magnus Prime is making an in-game team?!?!?! Call the international Police!...or something like that.
Heartgold, started with Totodile

Anyhow, my planned team is

Feraligatr--Adamant
Crunch
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Swords Dance
Great water type that can inflict major damage...pretty self explanatory

Togekiss
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Roost
Psychic
I got Hustle :(. Still, Air Slash and Aura Sphere can inflict major damage, and Psychic to laugh at Ghost types.

Dusknoir
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Will'o'Wisp
Shadow Punch

It has amazing defenses, so I figured I'd get a ghost pokemon and a Wall at the same time. I'm not using Shuckle because...well, I fell that Dusknoir's attacking power is better.

Flygon
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Roost

Courtesy of RE-Hiro, I now have a shiny awesome Flygon that I will be using in-game. This thing will rip past pretty much anything.

Now, I'm looking at
Arcanine
Thunder Fang
ExtreemeSpeed
Flare Blitz
Toxic

OR
Houndoom
Nasty Plot
Sucker Punch
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast

I can trade with my Platinum, so stuff like TMs aren't problems

I'm also looking at Heracross or Pinsir
Heracross@Flame Orb
Close Combat
Megahorn
Night Slash
Facade

Pinsir
Bulk Up
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Stone Edge

What do you guys think?

As much as I love Pinser, Heracross is a monster. I'd go with him if you want more power. I love Arcanine and haven't really used Houndoom, but in my experience Arcanine can do shit tons of damage. Also give Togekiss Shadow Ball if you really want to flip ghost types the finger.

As much as I love Pinser, Heracross is a monster. I'd go with him if you want more power. I love Arcanine and haven't really used Houndoom, but in my experience Arcanine can do shit tons of damage. Also give Togekiss Shadow Ball if you really want to flip ghost types the finger.

OK, Pinsir, bye, heracross, hi. Actually, heracross's timely learning of Brick Break is the only reason I took down Whitney's Miltank.
The only reason I suggested HOundoom was because of Typing and the fact that Houndoom can functin as a Special Sweeper better.
I'm actually thinking of getting an Espeon, since I got a Timid female Eevee on the first try
:). What do you think?
TOgekiss I'll change to Shadow Ball no problem. i just have to get this stinking Togepi to GET HAPPY ALREADY!!! lol.

OK, Pinsir, bye, heracross, hi. Actually, heracross's timely learning of Brick Break is the only reason I took down Whitney's Miltank.
The only reason I suggested HOundoom was because of Typing and the fact that Houndoom can functin as a Special Sweeper better.
I'm actually thinking of getting an Espeon, since I got a Timid female Eevee on the first try
:). What do you think?
TOgekiss I'll change to Shadow Ball no problem. i just have to get this stinking Togepi to GET HAPPY ALREADY!!! lol.

I love Espeon. Colosseum made me love Espeon and Umbreon so much. Who are you taking out for this Espeon?

I love Espeon. Colosseum made me love Espeon and Umbreon so much. Who are you taking out for this Espeon?

That's what I was asking you...lol :)
I was thinking of just forgetting Arcanine and Houndoom for Espeon, but Arcanine seems to good of an oppurtunity to miss, and I can't take out anything else.
As it is, I'm pushing it without an Hm Slave, I'll have to knock off something for that.
Or maybe I can just switch POkemo as time goes by...

Personally I'd say ditch Dusknoir. I don't really like defensive strategies ingame.

Personally I'd say ditch Dusknoir. I don't really like defensive strategies ingame.

I guess that'd work...but then I still need to slap on HMs.
I already have Waterfall on Feraligatr, cause it's a good move...
what else would you suggest?

I guess that'd work...but then I still need to slap on HMs.
I already have Waterfall on Feraligatr, cause it's a good move...
what else would you suggest?

Flygon can fly if you want to give up one of it's move slots. Togekiss can also, but Fly is a physical move. Strength can be learned by pretty much any pokemon with a repectable attack, so you won't have trouble fitting that one on, give it to Arcainine or Feraligatr or something. For the others Bibarel makes a nice HM whore.

Flygon can fly if you want to give up one of it's move slots. Togekiss can also, but Fly is a physical move. Strength can be learned by pretty much any pokemon with a repectable attack, so you won't have trouble fitting that one on, give it to Arcainine or Feraligatr or something. For the others Bibarel makes a nice HM whore.

Well, I guess I can spare a moveset on Flygon. Definitely not Togekiss. Strength I'll give to Arcanine, and Bibarel can take Surf, Rock Smash, Cut, and Whirlpool.
Thanks!

When it comes to hms, I make my whole team without them except Surf and Waterfall, and that depends on the water type I'm using. I use an hm slave, but it's usually in the PC except for when I know I will need it. Then I put it back in when I'm not using it.

Also, it's for your best interest to use a Senere Grace Togekiss. Otherwise, it gets an ability that lowers accuracy and raises a useless stat. Hustle isn't just useless like Run Away, but also hindering. I'd scrap that Hustle Togekiss.

Otherwise, Feraligatr's, Arcanine's, and Flygon's movesets are good, and so is Heracross'. Just make sure Heracross has Guts, or your attack will be halved and Facade will go back down to a base 70 power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom