• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Double Battle Team

This is my Double Battle Team, also my team from Gale of Darkness... I have yet to actually build the team(bit of a pain to restart over and over trying to get a pokemon with the right nature. -.- ) But here's my idea for it.

Vaporeon
Water Absorb
Timid
Acid Armor, Aqua Ring, Muddy Water, Ice Beam
Mystic Water
Vaporeon is one of the leaders, it's main goal is to max it's def so Blissey or Xatu can Psych-Up on it.

Blissey
Serene Grace
Bold
Psych-Up, Softboiled, Water Pulse, Flamethrower
Leftovers
My second leader, support Vaporeon and Houndoom with Water Pulse and Flamethrower... and will use Psych-Up on all stat boosts.

Houndoom
Flash Fire
Hardy
Crunch, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Thunder Fang
Magnet
Not much to say, it's a sweeper and will help give Blissey or Xatu special atk through Nasty Plot.

Breloom
Effect Spore
Jolly
Double Team, Synthesis, Seed Bomb, Sky Uppercut
Black Belt
Focus' on Double Team from the start for Blissey or Xatu.

Xatu
Synchronize
Modest
Wish, Psychic, Air Cutter, Psych-Up
Lum Berry
Similar to Blissey, but it's main focus is sweeping.

Ariados
Swarm
Adamant
Poison Jab, Bug Bite, Agility, Shadow Sneak
Black Sludge
Main focus is to give Blissey and Xatu the speed they lack.

What do you think? I might switch out Ariados for annother pokemon that can put my opponent's to sleep or paralyze them. I haven't tryed it out yet, but that Lum Berry/Synchronize would work right?

The team isn't built yet, but i have a lot of time on my hands, so i will have those natures.

Last edited:
Re: Double Battle Team

What are the EVs you want?
What is the purpose of each team member(wall, sweeper, lead, etc)?

Just as a starting idea, replace Breloom's effect spore with poison heal, and give it a toxic orb.

Last edited:
Re: Double Battle Team

What are the EVs you want?
What is the purpose of each team member(wall, sweeper, lead, etc)?

Just as a starting idea, replace Breloom's effect spore with poison heal, and give it a toxic orb.

ah right... but like i said, the team is coming from Gale of Darkness and Breloom dose not get that ability in that version, other wise i would have. I don't have them yet, but i won't quit trying till i get the pokemon with the nature i want... anyways, ill fix all that up now.

And Skynet, im not sure how to figure out a Pokemon's EV's to begin with.

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

How did you train them then to be a competitive team? This is just a regular in-game team.

Well first off like i said, they haven't been trained yet since i don't have them. *note, iv also fixed that post up some* Other than that, just because they weren't "properly" trained dose not mean they can't fight on a competitive lvl, i have done this with all of my teams and they fair just fine against anyone... i may not win a lot, but it's still hard to take me down. A clever set up and knowing how to properly execute the moves can be enough.

Umm okay I just don't see what is the point of using this in the competitive setting if you're not going to even give them EVs to maximize their efficiency in battle. And since you never used it it's not a RMT. Also I don't know why you're using Psych-up when Baton Pass teams are much better.

Well obviously because not every pokemon can learn Baton Pass, nor can actually be of as much use as the others in my team. The typically used Yanmega and Shedninja can easily be taken out in one or two turns with a verity of moves... unlike these one's who can at least take a bit of an extra beating. Anyways, there's not much i can say about the EV training, that's the only thing this team can potentially lack. Maybe that's not much of an argument, but this is... In the end neither of us can say for sure how they will turn out by your definition of competitive until i can get them trained and moved over to my Platinum for further enhancing.

This is my in-game team for Soulsilver. I'm currently on the elite four and have been stomped by Karen. This is my team so far:

Spr_5b_157.png

Rawr the Lv. 41 Typhlosion
Blaze, Docile nature
Item - None
Earthquake
Quick Atk.
Flame Wheel
Lava Plume

Spr_4h_234.png

Donner the Lv. 39 Stantler
Frisk, Jolly nature
Item - Silk Scarf
Confuse Ray
Astonish
Zen Headbutt
Stomp

Spr_4h_080.png

Snooze the Lv. 39 Slowbro
Oblivious, Relaxed nature
Item - Quick Claw
Confusion
Blizzard
Surf
Drain Punch

Spr_4h_171.png

Lyte Bryte the Lv. 39 Lanturn
Illuminate, Quiet nature
Item - None
Ice Beam
Signal Beam
Waterfall
Thunderbolt

Spr_4h_227.png

Ska'aar the Lv. 39 Skarmory
Keen Eye, Naive nature
Item - NeverMeltIce
Steel Wing
Icy Wind
Fly
Air Slash

Spr_4h_249.png

LUGIA the Lv. 45 Lugia
Pressure, Mild Nature
Item - none
Extrasensory
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Aeroblast

Last edited:

Well if your Stantler has good speed to support it, then i suggest a King's Rock to help better the odd's of it making an opponent flinch. Other than that, all you probably really need is to gain lvls, 45-50 range should do it.

Rate my team please!

Some friends and I are organizing a tournament, we can use any pokemon except for legendaries, so I want my team rated. Is it good? Do I need to polish some details?

Heracross - Mild - Flame orb
Evs - Attack / Speed
Close combat - Stone edge - Megahorn - Shadow claw

Typhlosion - Gentle - Choice specs
Evs - Sp. Att / Speed
Flamethrower - Eruption - Hyper beam - Focus blast

Feraligatr - Rash - Life orb
Evs - Attack / Speed
Waterfall - Earthquake - Ice punch - Sword dance

Ampharos - Serious - Choice scarf
Evs - Sp. Att / Speed
Thunderbolt - Signal beam - Focus blast - Thunderwave

Skarmory - Relaxed - Leftovers
Evs - Defense / Hp
Spikes - Stealth rock - Roar - Fly

Meganium - Lonely - Light clay
Evs - Defense / Attack
Seed bomb - Light screen - Reflect - Synthesis

Tell me what you think!!

Re: Rate my team please!

Can you please give us reasons for the evs and moves on each pokemon, and why you aren't using something else instead (what synergy and niches do they have). Also the natures look utterly random, why use a seriious nature on a special attacker?

Can you please give us reasons for the evs and moves on each pokemon, and why you aren't using something else instead (what synergy and niches do they have). Also the natures look utterly random, why use a seriious nature on a special attacker?

Well, let me explain.

The tournament will be held on December, and my friends have a lot of pokemon, at least 30 in level 100 and ready to battle, but they said they will raise other pokemon only for this tournament. They don't trust in the power ( Ev's, natures, moves, type, etc ) of their pokemon.

I'll use, in other hand, the 6 pokemon that I used in my playthrough of the Ss, I trained these guys to beat all the gym leaders, at least 4 times, the E4 and, are the first pokemon to reach level 80. They even battled and defeated Red. That's why, I'll use these guys to beat my friends. Call it dumb, stupid, I trust them :)

why do you want your heracross to have a flame orb?
Also, I agree with coolking. If you really want to pwn them, you should take into account the natures of you pokemon.

This.
Also, don't use Hyper Beam. If they switch to a Rock type you're finished.
And furhtermore, is it a no legends or no Ubers? If it's no legends I'd recommend using Garchomp or Salamence, it will give you a definite edge.
Forget Fly, replace with Drill Peck or something. In my opinion, Fly is just set up bait for something like opposing Skarmory.
Like coolking said, we really nee comments. I really don't know what the heck you're trying to do here.
Thunder Wave on a Choiced Ampharos? I'd recommend Power Gem.
Give Heracross Facade.
So, yeah, more comments=more detail.

why do you want your heracross to have a flame orb?
Ooops! I forgot the abilities... :B Heracross's ability is Guts

This.
Also, don't use Hyper Beam. If they switch to a Rock type you're finished.
And furhtermore, is it a no legends or no Ubers? If it's no legends I'd recommend using Garchomp or Salamence, it will give you a definite edge.
Forget Fly, replace with Drill Peck or something. In my opinion, Fly is just set up bait for something like opposing Skarmory.
Like coolking said, we really nee comments. I really don't know what the heck you're trying to do here.
Thunder Wave on a Choiced Ampharos? I'd recommend Power Gem.
Give Heracross Facade.
So, yeah, more comments=more detail.

These pokemon have reached level 100. And I'm gonna use them in the tournament.

Typhlosion's Hyper beam is just a filler. Could you recommend other move?

No legends. No, I won't use more pokemon :)

Drill peck is beeter but it's an Egg move = Not possible for me.
I use Fly because Skarmory regains health while airborne. But yeah, I need another move. Any other idea?

Hmmmm Yeah probably Power gem is better :B But I chose Thunder wave to paralize and then switch with Meganium ( it has both screens, thats her role )

Facade is neutral to Heracross's weaknesses. Should I replace Shadow claw with Facade?

Thanks for your critic, I need a lot of help :)

You need to use better natures and Pokemon.

Heracross is pretty sweet, even though it's UU it can still fuck shit up. Get a Jolly one and use Swords Dance, CC, Megahorn, and Facade

There are many special sweepers that are better than Typhlosion. If you want a fire type go with scarf Heatran. Naive nature, scarf, Flamethrower, Earthpower, Dragon Pulse, explosion

On Feraligatr, use DDance over SD if you're not running Aqua Jet. Use an Adamant nature.

Oh man, I love Ampharos, but you should just a specs Jolteon instead. It's just better. Timid, specs, thunderbolt, signal beam, shadow ball, Baton pass (for scouting)

Use an impish nature on skarm

As for Meganium... There are better pokemon than Meganium for anything. Uxie is a good defensive dual screener. You should EV it in Sp. Def because you already have skarm for physical walling.

Some friends and I are organizing a tournament, we can use any pokemon except for legendaries, so I want my team rated. Is it good? Do I need to polish some details?

Heracross - hasty - Flame orb
Evs - Attack / Speed
Close combat - Stone edge - Megahorn - facade

Typhlosion - Gentle - Choice specs
Evs - Sp. Att / Speed
Flamethrower - Eruption - Hyper beam - Focus blast
he is greatly outclassed as a fire special sweeper vy charizard, and infernape. make your pick

Feraligatr - Rash - Life orb
Evs - Attack / Speed
Waterfall - Earthquake - Ice punch - Sword dance
try
gyarados-adamant-life orb
same ev's
waterfall/dragon dance/stone edge/earthquake

Ampharos - Serious - Choice scarf
Evs - Sp. Att / Speed
Thunderbolt - Signal beam - Focus blast - Thunderwave
outclassed by jolteon
jolteon-timid-lif orb
ev's-same
thunderbolt-shadow ball-baton pass-hp ice

Skarmory - impish - Leftovers
Evs - Defense / Hp
Spikes - Stealth rock - Roar - brave bird

Meganium - Lonely - Light clay
Evs - Defense / Attack
Seed bomb - Light screen - Reflect - Synthesis

outclassed by otrterra and venasaur take your pick

and no offense, but pat yourself on the back as much as you like, beating red is not that much of an acomplishment. its not that hard

and

@Rakarei
he cant use legands

Back
Top Bottom