• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: Rate my team please!

he is greatly outclassed as a fire special sweeper vy charizard, and infernape. make your pick

try
gyarados-adamant-life orb
same ev's
waterfall/dragon dance/stone edge/earthquake

outclassed by jolteon
jolteon-timid-lif orb
ev's-same
thunderbolt-shadow ball-baton pass-hp ice

and no offense, but pat yourself on the back as much as you like, beating red is not that much of an acomplishment. its not that hard

and

@Rakarei
he cant use legands

Oh. Well he should use Ape not Zard, Zard get's raped by SR.

And Claydol is also a good dual sceener, and it can rapid spin which is something this team needs.

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

^i like the idea of claydol, and i only mentioned zard cause if you use infernape you usually have to go with at least one physical attack (at least), while with zard, you can go all special

He could use a Nasty Plot Ape.
Infernape @ life orb
Timid
252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 sp def(I'm PZ paranoid)
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Grass Knot
Focus Blast

and no offense, but pat yourself on the back as much as you like, beating red is not that much of an acomplishment. its not that hard

Actually, it is not that hard, but it is when you raise a team from scratch battling the in-game trainers and Ev training with wild pokemon. No problem I'm not offended, my best friend said something similar.

sqwat500 and Rakarei, thanks for your comments. I think I got some ideas from you.

He could use a Nasty Plot Ape.
Infernape @ life orb
Timid
252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 sp def(I'm PZ paranoid)
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Grass Knot
Focus Blast

ik, i just hate to gamble with the horrible accuracy, but yea, that set would be good for hs team

... Typhlosion is not completely outclassed by Infernape or Charizard. Nor Blaziken for that matter. Mild Typhlosion with 112 Speed EVs and a Choice Scarf can use Explosion all 5-8 times in a row and wreck an entire team. Can Infernape do that? No, because Overheat will kill Infernape's Sp.Atk. Same goes for Charizard and Blaziken, and EVERY other Fire Type that isn't that one Event Heatran that has Eruption.

Otherwise, as far as a playthrough team goes, Heracross needs Facade>Shadow Claw, and Typhlosion... could use a lot of changes. I recommend mixed with a Choice Scarf, keep Eruption. Shadow Claw/Focus Blast are good coverage.

... Typhlosion is not completely outclassed by Infernape or Charizard. Nor Blaziken for that matter. Mild Typhlosion with 112 Speed EVs and a Choice Scarf can use Explosion all 5-8 times in a row and wreck an entire team. Can Infernape do that? No, because Overheat will kill Infernape's Sp.Atk. Same goes for Charizard and Blaziken, and EVERY other Fire Type that isn't that one Event Heatran that has Eruption.

Otherwise, as far as a playthrough team goes, Heracross needs Facade>Shadow Claw, and Typhlosion... could use a lot of changes. I recommend mixed with a Choice Scarf, keep Eruption. Shadow Claw/Focus Blast are good coverage.

I think you mean Eruption, not explosion.

Re: The Complete My Team Thread

Help me finish my team! I'm trying to develop just a well rounded team to help me get through soulsilver (restarted for fun) :)

Eevee
Shadow Ball
Iron Tail
Sand Attack
Tackle
Sp. Defense

^^currently raising its happiness to evolve it into an umbreon :)

Quilava
Flame Wheel
Quick Attac
Defense Curl
Ember
Sp. Attack

Togetic
Yawn
Sweet Kiss
Extrasensory
Metronome
Sp. Defense

Scizor
Metal Claw
Fury Cuter
Cut
False Swipe
Attack

Dratini
Slam
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Speed

Poliwhirl
Bubblebeam
Body Slam
Hypnosis
Surf
Speed

I would really like to put in a grass type and maybe a different water type... but I just don't really know what would fit well with my team... Eventually though I would like my team to look somewhat like this:

Umbreon, Togekiss, Typhlosion, Water Type, Grass Type/Electric/Gligar, Dragonair

uhh, yeahhh, hope that makes sense !

Walrein [Ice/Water] - Leftovers
Ice Body
Hail
Crunch
Blizzard
Aqua Tail

Gardevoir [Psychic] - Wise Glasses
Trace
Role Play
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Areodactyl [Rock/Flying] - Kings Rock
Pressure
Roar
Sky Attack
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Flygon [Ground/Dragon] - Muscle Band
Levitate
Roar
Bug Bite
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Absol [Dark] - Scope Lens
Super Luck
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Breloom [Fight/Grass] - Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Seed Bomb
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch

---

Ok, so this is my current team in Soul Silver. I'd like your opinions on it, and some advice if you have it. So far, they seem to excel in double battles

Walrein goes with Gardevoir. Role Play and Hail to start the battle, healing combo for both. The rest are just power moves

Aerodactyl goes with Flygon. Stealth Rock and Earthquake to start the battle, then have them both know roar to whittle away at my opponents reserves. When I have them down by a good amount and they are both still standing, have them both whip out earthquake, provided there are no fliers or lev's.

Absol and Breloom are both Stand Alone Pokemon, for single battle use. The others do OK in single battles, but they seem better suited for doubles. Absol, a real beast after a Swords Dance or two. Combine it's item, with it's ability, and three of it's moves, plus it's great physical att stat, and the fact that they are all physical moves... Ya. Breloom, more for buying time. Toxic orb + Poison heal gives a good healing combo, plus leech seed adds more health, and substitute plus focus punch. The healing quickly does away with the hp it costs to throw a sub, and focus punch + substitute... Self explanatory. I added in Poison Jab mostly for a good power move if I don't need to get technical.

Well... ?

Last edited:

Use seed bomb instead of poison jab on Breloom.

Use seed bomb instead of poison jab on Breloom.

Hm... Why? Is it for a weakness he has? Erm... Wouldn't Poison Jab be better? It has the same power, more pp, and has a secondary effect. Seed Bomb has the same power, less pp, and no effect... I'm not saying your wrong, just asking what your reasoning is ^^'

Edit: OH! Is it because of the STAB bonus? Eh... The additional power it gets from being the same type... Sorry, you prolly knew that lol

Last edited:

Yeah it has STAB and just overall more coverage.

Aight, thanks. What about the others? Tips and advice (and praise) are welcome and appreciated

Hm... Odd... My signature isn't showing... *goes to look up limits*

Edit: There we go ^^

Walrein [Ice/Water] - Leftovers
Ice Body
Hail
Crunch
Blizzard
Aqua Tail

Gardevoir [Psychic] - Wise Glasses
Trace
Role Play
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Areodactyl [Rock/Flying] - Kings Rock
Pressure
Roar
Sky Attack
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Flygon [Ground/Dragon] - Muscle Band
Levitate
Roar
Bug Bite
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Absol [Dark] - Scope Lens
Super Luck
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Breloom [Fight/Grass] - Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Seed Bomb
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch

---

Ok, so this is my current team in Soul Silver. I'd like your opinions on it, and some advice if you have it. So far, they seem to excel in double battles

Walrein goes with Gardevoir. Role Play and Hail to start the battle, healing combo for both. The rest are just power moves

Aerodactyl goes with Flygon. Stealth Rock and Earthquake to start the battle, then have them both know roar to whittle away at my opponents reserves. When I have them down by a good amount and they are both still standing, have them both whip out earthquake, provided there are no fliers or lev's.

Absol and Breloom are both Stand Alone Pokemon, for single battle use. The others do OK in single battles, but they seem better suited for doubles. Absol, a real beast after a Swords Dance or two. Combine it's item, with it's ability, and three of it's moves, plus it's great physical att stat, and the fact that they are all physical moves... Ya. Breloom, more for buying time. Toxic orb + Poison heal gives a good healing combo, plus leech seed adds more health, and substitute plus focus punch. The healing quickly does away with the hp it costs to throw a sub, and focus punch + substitute... Self explanatory. I added in Poison Jab mostly for a good power move if I don't need to get technical.

Well... ?

Do you plan on making this competitive? If so, you're going to need to decide whether or not you want to run all singles or all doubles.

Areodactyl should lead, in any case, so you get your rocks up. Sky Attack is fine if you can predict and charge up when something switches out, but if you want to have a somewhat more reliable move, you're going to want to go with Stone Edge or Rock Slide. Give it Taunt over Roar as well, there are other pokemon on this team that can phaze better. Also, give it a Focus Sash.

Poison Jab isn't very good on Breloom because it's main job is to put things to sleep with Spore so it can safely set up a Sub. You don't want to be accidentally poisoning things that switch into Breloom so you can't get up a sub. Poison also has kind of shitty offensive coverage, so put Spore over Leech Seed.

Flygon wants a Life Orb, Screech over Roar, and Fire Blast or Fire Punch over Bug Bite.

Hail doesn't really benefit anything on your team but Walrein, so I would actually give it Roar instead of Hail. If you must keep Hail, put Roar over Crunch.

Gardevoir also wants Psychic instead of Role Play, unless this is a doubles team. Also possibly some Choice Specs.

Pokemon Heart Gold Team?

Plz rate and give advice, pre-national dex, no trading for more starters and no legendaries if you think i should replace someone (other than meganium) plz say so with reasons. Also HM's arent a problem i use slaves even for fly.

Im thinking-

Meganium
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf

Kangaskhan
-Avalanche
-Return/Giga impact
-Hammer Arm
-?

Starmie
-Psychic
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Scizor
-Bullet punch
-X-scissor
-Nigh Slash
-Vacuum wave

Arcanine
-Flamethrower
-Dig
-Bite/Crunch
-?

And my sixth isnt decided yet. All advice is welcome just plz say why.

Ok, here's my team. I just beat Candice and am about to start the whole Team Galactic plotline... Kinda iffy on a few spots on my team.

Leafeon: 47
Razor Leaf
Return
Mega Drain
Synthesis

Marowak: 47
Bone Club
Headbutt
Bonemerang
Focus Energy

Scizor: 48
Bullet Punch
Night Slash
Focus Energy
X-Scissor

Infernape: 49
Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Taunt

For my Iffy spots:

Froslass: 46
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Ice Shard (dunno)
Hail (dunno)

Ambipom: 48
Return
Shadow Claw
Last Resort (Dunno)
Tickle

No where near ready for stuff after the E4, so that's not a concern of mine at the moment. Up for any suggestions that I can do in my Platinum or SS game cause I'm really iffy about what to do with my team.

Need help building a better team

Lately I'll been replaying my Platinum verison. I'm up to the Elite 4 + Cynthia, but there's one thing that scares me: My excuse of a team. I need help, like, right now.

Well, here's the six:
Crobat - Female - Inner Focus - Quirky - Quick Claw - Poison/Flying - Lv. 48 - Training
HP: 150
A: 113
D: 96
S.A: 98
S.D: 84
S: 149

Fly - Mean Look - Sludge Bomb - Toxic

Ryhorn, gonna evolve it soon - Female - Bold - No Item - Ground/Rock - Rock Head - Lv. 43 - Training

HP: 146
A: 115
D: 118
S.A: 45
S.D: 50
S: 41

Rock Blast - Take Down - Horn Dill - Hammer Arm

Torterra, starter - Male - Brave - No item - Grass/Ground - Overgrow - Lv. 5O

HP: 176
D: 119
S.A: 99
S.D: 97
S: 71

Earthquake - Stone Edge - Mega Drain - Crunch

Infernape - Male - Bashful - No item - Blaze - Lv. 50

HP: 150
A: 125
D: 78
S.A: 112
S.D: 77
S: 118

Flame Wheel - Close Combat - Stealth Rock - Nasty Plot

Pikachu, ugh - Male - Hardy - Leftovers - Static - Lv. 55 -Text limit for my phone, nextpost

HP: 177
A: 52
D: 52
S.A: 60, same for S.D
S: 121

Agility - Discharge - Double Team - Thunder

Empoleon - Male - Sassy - No item - Torrent - Lv. 67

HP: 219
A: 134
D: 153
S.A: 179
S.D: 174
S: 104

Hydro Pump - Surf - Drill Peck - Flash Cannon

I need to know what i should add or subtract from my future team. I will have a Gengar, sudowoodo, flareon, azumarill and togetic. i need to know what i should add for my final slot any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom