• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Synergy basically means your team works well together

As I said, just to avoid redundant type coverage and help Empoleon.....it's really up to you, you can use whatever you want.

Btw, Captain Kipper, why are you running a Modest Monferno with all physical attacks? That doesn't make any sense AT ALL! The best Nature for Monferno/Infernape is Naive/Hasty for a mix ape. Jolly if you want to use a physical Ape. Timid if you want to run a special ape.

Oops, my bad. I copied and pasted the HeartGold info above the Platinum ino and just changed it where necessary; must've missed channging Quilava's nature. My Monferno is Adamant. Sorry about that. :)

I typed all of that for nothing D=

I would still run Naive/Hasty because Speed is the best stat for the Chimchar line. While I definitely want the speed boost, I don't want to lower any of their attacking stats. An even 104 for both stats is amazing imo when running 108 speed.

I typed all of that for nothing D=

I would still run Naive/Hasty because Speed is the best stat for the Chimchar line. While I definitely want the speed boost, I don't want to lower any of their attacking stats. An even 104 for both stats is amazing imo when running 108 speed.

I have an egg that will hatch into a Jolly Chimchar with Fire Punch and Thunderpunch in the box; would you suggest going for that in place of the Adamant one?

If you want to run a purely physical Infernape, Jolly is fine :)

Fire Punch will hold you until you learn flare blitz. Infernape is one of those very versatile Pokemon who can do all kinds of things. Even an adamant nature isn't bad for Infernape. I just wouldn't do anything that increased his defensive stats or lowered his speed. You probably have shadow claw for Psychic types (maybe ghosts too), but I like U-Turn. My preference for U-turn stems from the fact that if an opposing Psychic type survives shadow claw...you are fucked. With U-turn you do super effective damage while escaping the threat. Infernape is not surviving STAB psycho cuts/psychics/extrasensory unless the opponent is Bronzong.

Last edited:

I hate to double post but it's been three days. I'm going to post my team that beat the E4 (rematch) for the hell of it.

Roserade
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Mild

Energy Ball
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

Infernape
Timid Nature
Ability: Blaze

Fire Blast
Stone Edge
Grass Knot
Close Combat

Jolteon
Modest Nature

Thunder Bolt
Signal Beam
T-Wave
Quick attack

Gengar
Adamant Nature (talk about being fucked over)

Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast
Destiny Bond

Staraptor
Adamant Nature

Close Combat
Fly
U-Turn
Brave Bird

Garchomp
Naive Nature

Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Swords Dance
Outrage

My Jolteon has a shitty set because of his barren movepool. Roserade has shadow ball to deal with Psychics.

My movesets were cluttered with HM's before I completed the post game.

You're not double posting. I deleted two posts above yours.

What's wrong with that team? It seems fine enough to beat the E4.

In an in-game team, which should I use? Jolteon or Electivire?

Whichever you prefer, though Jolteon might be easier to manage since you get Eevee earlier than Electabuzz and Vire requires trading to get...

Whichever you prefer, though Jolteon might be easier to manage since you get Eevee earlier than Electabuzz and Vire requires trading to get...

That would be true, except I have Platinum and, well, here's the full idea.
See, I'm planning to get either Jolteon or Vire for the in-game team, however, I will EV both then level them up in game. Thus, 'll have members of my competitive team ready.
Knowing this, and the fact that I'll have movesets ready, which would you suggest?
Keep in mind, both have good natures and moves.
I have a team with Electivire in which I almost never lose with, and a team with Jolteon with about the same success rate.

Rate MEGA-NIUM's team

Sorry I couldnt find another place that this would fit into. Mods, move it if you want. Just please dont merge it.

I would like to ask people what they think of my team as whole. not just levels and stats but my actual team coordination. I can post all that other stuff like Lvs and stats if you want, but otherwise im not gonna take the time.

Thanks for rating!
All the best, MEGA-NIUM.

Grumpig: Psychic, Powergem, Calm mind, Magic coat
Exploud: Hyper beam, Hyper voice, Fireblast, Stomp
Walrein: Ice beam, Sheercold, Surf, Bodyslam
Toxicroak: Poisonjab, Strength, Sludgebomb, Revenge
Medicham: Hi jump kick, Recover, Reversal, Psychic
Magnezone: Thunder, Tri attack, Spark, Magnet rise

Last edited:
Re: Rate MEGA-NIUM's team

Your signature doesn't show in this section, and what's a trainer card?

Re: Rate MEGA-NIUM's team

Your signature doesn't show in this section, and what's a trainer card?

Hmm I noticed that and im trying to fix it. Its showing up everywhere else... Anyway a trainercard is something that shows what pokemon you like to use. You can make one at pokestadium.com

Thanks for posting.

EDIT: ok just forget about my sig. I'll just post my team up on the top of the thread.

TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Venusaur lvl 34
Dugtrio lvl 32
Primeape lvl 32
Pigdeotto lvl 35

i know i need a water type, and i have a growlithe in the daycare.

4 badges, and thats about it. RATE AWAY!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Re: Rate or help me improve my Pokemon Fire red team

Four badges... Thats Koga and the Fuschia gym right?

Oh boy are you gonna need a dark type. And a psychic type. Something like a Gengar or Haunter with Psychic.
Also, if youre getting a water type, get Ice Beam. Youll need it.

Your tesm alrwady is great. Great mixture and I can see how you got that far.

Re: Rate or help me improve my Pokemon Fire red team

well its sabrina and the saffron city gym, but thanks for the advice. :)

Lucario
item: black belt
-Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed
-Dragon Pulse
-Close Combat

Meganium
item: big root
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Giga Drain
-Safe Guard

Glaceon
item:Nevermeltice
-Ice Beam
-Last Resort
-Blizzard
-Mirror Coat

Swampert
item: mystic water
-Foresight
-Earthquake
-Muddy Water
-Takedown

Dragonite
item: dragon fang
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Dragon Dance

Tyranitar
item: expert belt
-Focus Blast
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Lucario
item: black belt
-Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed
-Dragon Pulse
-Close Combat

Meh. In game it works, but you want coverage. I'd lean more towards
Lucario@Life Orb
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Stone Edge
Filler Move

Meganium I'd recommend throwing throwing in something like Light Screen or Reflect over Synthesis.
item: big root
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Giga Drain
-Safe Guard

Glaceon
item:Nevermeltice
-Ice Beam Don't need both of these. Replace with something else. I dunno, maybe Shadow Ball?
-Last Resort
-Blizzard
-Mirror Coat

Swampert
item: mystic water
-Foresight
-Earthquake
-Muddy Water
-Takedown

Dragonite
item: dragon fang
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Dragon Dance

Tyranitar
item: expert belt
-Focus Blast
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Don't see a point on Dragonite with DD and only one Physical moce.
Ttar, screw Focus Blast, you want coverage. Try something like, Flamethrower or T Bolt or Ice Beam.

Hello, I am trying to build a team for the Battle Tower using Starmie:

Starmie@Leftovers
Ability:Natural Cure
Nature:Timid
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Recover
252SpAtk/???

I was wondering what should Starmie's EV spread be and what other pokemon should I put in my team. I was thinking about a Tyranitar and something else, perhaps a fire type?

PS: I'd prefer not to use legendaries.

Thank You!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom