• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Thank you for the comments, it's in-game and some simple friendly battling with friends, so yeah thats why some moves are there.

Yet again thank you for the opinions, I agree with the majority.
And yes I am proud of my Honchkrow, he has obliterated my mates team many times over :D

Thank you for the comments, it's in-game and some simple friendly battling with friends, so yeah thats why some moves are there.

Yet again thank you for the opinions, I agree with the majority.
And yes I am proud of my Honchkrow, he has obliterated my mates team many times over :D

Honchkrow is very powerful; but I just remembered, maybe you can add Superpower on? It works quite well, and is deadly when something like Honchkrow uses it.

Oooh that IS a good idea. I'll definetley think about adding it to his movepool.

Thanks again, I owe ya one.

Re: My Pokemon Team

Hello. I'm here for a little help. I would like some people to rate my team:
-FERALIGATR (Lv.100)
My Feraligatr is my starter Pokemon and is the best Pokemon in my team. It holds the Mystic Water.
The moves are:
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump
-Hydro Cannon
The moves are all Water-type moves, so the Mystic Water works the best with my FERALIGATR.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think Feraligatr needs a little more coverage. Maybe use Ice Punch and Earthquake. Superpower if you want. Keep only one of the Water Moves (two if not using Superpower.)

-CHARIZARD (Lv.56)
My Charizard is also one of my starter Pokemon (I play HeartGold, so I can get a Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle from Professor Oak). It holds the Charcoal, an item that boosts Fire-type moves.
The moves are:
-Fly
-Fire Blast
-Blast Burn
-Fire Spin (will replace with Flare Blitz)

Keep either Flare Blitz or Blast Burn. Maybe use SolarBeam + Sunny Day too. Fly can stay if you want, or use Air Slash. A Dragon move wouldn't hurt either.

-SCEPTILE (Lv.???, forgot. It's at the Daycare, currently.)
My Sceptile is also a starter Pokemon (I play HeartGold, so I can get Treecko, Torchic or Mudkip from the Pokemon League Champion of Hoenn, Wallace? No, Steven!). It holds the Miracle Seed.
The moves are:
-Focus Blast
-Leaf Blade
-Frenzy Plant
-Leaf Storm.

Wow, can't actually think of anything, other than getting rid of Leaf Blade and/or Leaf Storm. Mayb Dragon Pulse?

-Togekiss (Lv.71)
My Togekiss started as a Togepi from an egg. It evolved into Togetic, then I evolved it into a Togekiss. It holds the Wide Lens to up its accuracy, while Hustle actually lowers it.
The moves are:
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Sky Attack
-ExtremeSpeed

Sky Attack is good enough strength-wise, so ditch Air Slash. Hyper Beam would probably be better over Extremespeed.

-Milotic (Lv.59)
I got my Milotic from the GTS. I put a Mismagius for offer and someone wanted to trade me a Milotic for my Mismagius! And it's Japanese, so I have a better chance of making shiny Feebas! It has the King's Rock, so it's like when it's damaged, it just charms the foe with its beauty and then, the foe can't move!
The moves are:
-Hyper Beam
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Blizzard

Hmm, I'm not sure. Although you already have Feraligatr as a Water-Type, but that's just me.

-Gyarados
I caught it at Fuchsia City by fishing using a Super Rod. I leveled it up to get the move: Hydro Pump. It will have the Scope Lens. The moves are:
-Fire Blast
-Thunder
-Hyper Beam
-Hydro Pump
:eek:
No, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO,
NEIN!!!
What are you doing putting SPECIAL moves on a Gyarados?! It's Sp. Atk. is TERRIBLE! Waterfall, Ice Fang, Giga Impact, and Earthquake are much better. And again, using too many Water-types is a bad idea.

I use this team for battles. I think there are a lot of Water-types in the team. I also have a Flying-type Pokemon. I won't stand a chance against Ice-types and Electric-types using this team! I think I should replace Milotic and Gyarados. A Ground-type should be good. What do you think about using RHYPERIOR? It's also a Rock-type! And what about an Electric-type? We'll use ELECTIVIRE! It will make the team balanced!

Tell me that you think. Any comment can be good.
Oh yeah, If I should do some EV training, would this be good?
Sceptile (HP and Speed)
Charizard (HP, Sp.Atk and Sp.Def)
Togekiss (HP, Sp.Def and Defense)
Milotic (HP, Sp.Def and Speed)
Gyarados (HP, Sp.Atk and Attack)
But if I would use Electivire and Rhyperior, would this do for them?
Electivire's EVs: HP, Sp.Atk and Attack
Rhyperior's EVs: HP, Speed and Sp.Atk

Feraligatr can't have more EVs, since it's Lv.100.
Thanks!
I'll have a separate team. One for Black and one for HeartGold.
NOTE: I can change this team. It's not going to be like this every time. It will change, depending on the foe's selection of Pokemon.

You wanted comments? They're in red.

Okay, Here's my team (they're all about lvl 68):

Serperior
Return
Coil
Leaf Blade
Leech Seed

Serperior's fast, but it's not really that good of a staller. Try Leaf Storm over Leech seed.
Carracosta
Waterfall
Rock Slide
Crunch
Ice Beam (Carracosta can't learn any phycical ice moves)
Shell Smash over Ice Beam?
Hydreigon
Crunch (Wish it had Dark Pulse)
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Try Draco Meteor, if you can, and Flamethrower/FireBlast (Fire Blast's expensive but worth it).

Chandelure
Curse
Payback
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball

'm pretty sure it can Dark Pulse, so that over Pawbacck. Curse isn't that great, try something else there...Energy Ball? Helps against water types.

Excadrill
X-Scissor
Metal Claw
Brick Break
Earthquake

Good, this looks fine, though Metal Claw could use replacing. Rock Slide or Swords Dance could work (SD is very useful in game, surprisingly)

Reuniclus
Hidden Power (grass)
Flash Cannon
Psychic
Pain Split
Well..I guess it's allright, though personally, I like Calm Mind. Though this will get you through, you should be fine.

I know most of them need some new moves, and I need help with that :/
Hope I helped!

I guess I'll do my current team, though I don't have a fixed one.
Meganium (Silverleaf) lv 81, holding Leftovers
Brave
Frenzy Plant
Earthquake
Magical Leaf (to be replaced by Seed Bomb)
Ancientpower

Do you have the Miracle Seed? That will help boost Magical Leaf/Frnzy Plant/Seed Bomb.

Snorlax (Teddy) level 54
Impish
Giga Impact
Surf
Crunch
Block (to be replaced)

Not sure if Surf is the best option for 'Lax. Maybe Rock Slide and Rest.

Latios (Frustratio) lv 54
Bold
Luster Purge
Dragonbreath
Surf
Recover

Seems good, though Psychic and Dragon Pulse can be used over Luster Purge and Dragonbreath.

Vibrava (Bravo) lv 41
Timid
Dig
Dragonbreath
Crunch
Faint Attack

Earthquake is a must. Fly if possible. Get rid of Faint Attack.

Pidgeot (Skies) lv 54
Lax
Fly
Wing Attack
Twister
Tailwind

Keep Fly, but get rid of Wing Attack, it's weaker. Also, Twister should be removed, it's too weak. Maybe use Giga Impact and/or Return instead.

Manaphy (Sea Legend) lv 22
Docile
Surf
Blizzard
Tail Glow
Charm

Y'know, I'm at a loss. Do what you want, just get that level up.

Nothing special, I'm just training. It's not like I'd list all my two hundred something Pokemon.

Comments in Red.

This is for the Battle Subway, so it's technically an in-game team. I know Sandstorm teams are overused as all get-out, but I felt like making one, anyway. Tell me what you think.

Tyranitar
Brave / Lum Berry / Sand Stream
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Defense

LeadTar with more Attack investment, basically. Its purpose is to set up Sandstorm right off the bat, get some Rocks up, and hopefully take something out. Brave's there for Payback reasons.

Excadrill
Adamant / Air Balloon / Sand Rush
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

It's so overused in the metagame, and for good reason. Is there really any need to explain this one?

Reuniclus
Bold / Leftovers or Life Orb / Magic Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover
252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Sp. Defense

Needed a special attacker and something to cover Tyranitar and Excadrill's Fighting weaknesses. With Magic Guard shutting out Sandstorm damage, Reuniclus is perfect for that. After Calm Mind and Recover, I only had room for 2 attacks, so I decided to forgo its admittedly bad STAB for perfect coverage. I'm torn as to what item I want. Do I want additional recovery or a free power boost? (Note to those who don't know: Magic Guard shuts out Life Orb's recoil while leaving its boost intact.) I already knew I wanted to bulk up its Defense as much as possible, since its Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense are boosted by Calm Mind, anyway.

This team looks decent. I'd suggest giving a Life Orb to Excadrill and Leftovers to Reuniclus. Balloon Excadrill is underpowered and overrated, IMO. Life Orb gives it a much greater chance to sweep.

So, I'm not 100% sure this is the right place for this (I asked evkl and was pointed in this direction).

I'm wanting to do a mono-type run-through (not competitive mono-type) of Pokemon Black. I'd just like any advice/suggestions for which type I should use and/or which pokemon.

~I'm completely open to any suggestions at all, because out of the 17 types I'm not sure which I would like to use the most. There is a lot of choice and I may do multiple mono-type runthroughs if I feel tempted by any other suggestions.

~I'd like them to be Gen V. pokemon only (I know certain types won't have enough for a full team, but I don't mind). But, if needs must I can always get a past-gen poke' or two traded onto my team.

~Competitive viability is not an issue either (this is in-game, so pretty much anything works).

So yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say. If I've missed anything out I'll edit it in. (Or if this is in the wrong place can a mod let me know--I did already ask where this should go, though.) :]

And if nobody answers... well I guess I'll just to have to figure it out on my own :p

Here's what I'd suggest. Pick water or fire. That way, you can use your starter.
Now, the main issue with grass is that it's kind of underwhelming. Offensive power is missed on grass pokémon.

So Fire, I'd say use these Pokémon--
Emboar
Darmanitan
Volcarona (it seems difficult to level up, I know, but keep in mind--Lucky Egg)
Chandelure.
Victini (if youre fine with legendaries).
If no, try Simisear, though the elemental monkey's aren't that good.

Water
Samurott
Seismatoad.
Carracosta
Jellicent
Simipour (if you want, though again, not that good)
Swanna for HM Slave

Hope this helped!

I thought about doing a Fire-type runthrough, and seeing as you suggested it I guess I'll go with that first. (Must be fate.)

I really want to use a Heatmor, though (awesome design) so I'll knock Victini (I don't really use legendaries in-game) or Volcarona off (I know, it's awesome, but I don't fancy all the leveling up until it actually becomes powerful).

I may do a Water one afterwards, although I'm not a huge fan of most of them (Seismitoad, Jellicent, Simipour). But I'll never say never... except for just then.

Thanks for the help! :D

I thought about doing a Fire-type runthrough, and seeing as you suggested it I guess I'll go with that first. (Must be fate.)

I really want to use a Heatmor, though (awesome design) so I'll knock Victini (I don't really use legendaries in-game) or Volcarona off (I know, it's awesome, but I don't fancy all the leveling up until it actually becomes powerful).

I may do a Water one afterwards, although I'm not a huge fan of most of them (Seismitoad, Jellicent, Simipour). But I'll never say never... except for just then.

Thanks for the help! :D

Yeah, single runthroughs are often up to preference. Heatmor should be fine, but be aware, I think you get it quite late in the game.
And Volcarona was iffy, though it's an option.

As for water, I don't think I mentioned this...there are options like Alomomola and Basculin, but I don't think either of them are particularely good in game.
Seismatoad is reasonably good though, so you might want to rethink him.
No problem!

EDIT: just for the sake of it, you can run Simisear as an HM Slave. Just saying, though you probably won't need one except for Cut.

Hi. I was wondering if I could get a little feedback about my Pokemon White team. I'm currently at Opelucid City, but spending some time gathering items from the Battle Subway for later on (also waiting to have a wi-fi battle with a friend). Anyway, I have several Pokemon I use. I'll start with the main team.

White Main Team:

Name: Hotshot
Species: Emboar
Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
Level: 50
Held Item: Muscle Band

Stats:
HP: 183
Attack: 178
Defense: 80
Sp Attack: 105
Sp Defense: 78
Speed: 104

Attacks: Flame Charge, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Return

Hmm, I'm not sure. I've never used the pig before, but maybe get a stronger Fire move?

Name: Drillbit
Species: Excadrill
Type: Ground/Steel
Ability: Sand Force
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Held Item: Bright Powder

Stats:
HP: 182
Attack: 181
Defense: 82
Sp Attack: 62
Sp Defense: 86
Speed: 118

Attacks: Metal Claw, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hone Claws

I know Metal Claw's the only Steel move he learns, but maybe you should use Brick Break.

Name: Nerferti
Species: Cofagrigus
Type: Ghost
Ability: Mummy
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: A little quick tempered
Held Item: Rocky Helmet

Stats:
HP: 140
Attack: 83
Defense: 163
Sp Attack: 110
Sp Defense: 123
Speed: 50

Attacks: Hex, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, Will-O-Wisp

Can we get rid of Shadow Ball? I was gonna say Hex, but then I remembered Will-o-Wisp. Try using Energy Ball.

Name: Royal
Species: Jellicent
Type: Water/Ghost
Ability: Cursed Body
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Thoroughly cunning
Held Item: Scope Lens

Stats:
HP: 178
Attack: 84
Defense: 101
Sp Attack: 117
Sp Defense: 122
Speed: 61

Attacks: Shadow Ball, Surf, Sludge Wave, Blizzard

All I'm saying is, Get rid of Cofagrigus now. One ghost is good enough.

Name: Knight
Species: Escavalier
Type: Bug/Steel
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Thoroughly cunning
Held Item: Quick Claw

Stats:
HP: 139
Attack: 162
Defense: 122
Sp Attack: 86
Sp Defense: 119
Speed: 37

Attacks: Aerial Ace, Iron Head, X-Scissor, Poison Jab

Seems pretty good, though i'm concerned about Aerial Ace's lower power. Try Toxic.

Name: Whiplash
Species: Mienshao
Type: Fighting
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Mischievous
Held Item: Wide Lens

Stats:
HP: 139
Attack: 152
Defense: 79
Sp Attack: 120
Sp Defense: 61
Speed: 127

Attacks: U-Turn, Rock Slide, Strength, Jump Kick

When you can, get rid of Strengh/Jump Kick and use Bounce/HiJumpKick.

Secondary Members:

Name: Bloodfang
Species: Eelektross
Type: Electric
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Thoroughly Cunning
Held Item: None (usually Quick Claw)

Stats:
HP: 157
Attack: 143
Defense: 113
Sp Attack: 126
Sp Defense: 100
Speed: 65

Attacks: Crush Claw, Brick Break, Crunch, Thunderbolt

Thunder + Rain Dance, man. Just sayin'.

Name: Knuckles
Species: Scrafty
Type: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Highly Persistent
Held Item: None (usually Shell Bell)

Stats:
HP: 142
Attack: 124
Defense: 141
Sp Attack: 64
Sp Defense: 121
Speed: 75

Attacks: Brick Break, Rock Slide, Crunch, Strength

Dude, why no HiJumpKick? And no Strengh. Use another move.

Name: Hacker
Species: Haxorus
Type: Dragon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Likes to run
Held Item: None (usually King's Rock)

Stats:
HP: 152
Attack: 175
Defense: 111
Sp Attack: 73
Sp Defense: 82
Speed: 121

Attacks: Shadow Claw, Brick Break, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance

Now this is a set I like a bit. But use Outrage.

That's my team and a few of my best sub-members. I tend to raise a few extras for certain situations. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions and recommendations for moves. I just ask that you don't suggest recoil moves. But anything else is fine. The reason why my team is all at Level 50 is for a few reasons: 1) I'm a treasure-hunter, so I explore many areas, 2) I like my levels to be well-rounded, and 3) Battle Subway. Thanks in advance.

Ah, ok. But still, your Pokes will be reset to Level 50 there. And the higher the level, the easier it is to go places without worrying about being overpowered.

So, I figured I'd post my White team, or what it will be when I'm done with it.
Keep in mind I like to have 4 pokemon only, otherwise I get underleveled.

Emboar
emboar_animated_sprite_by_phanthomking-d36r0f7.gif

-Hammer Arm
-Heat Crash
-Wild Charge
-Rock Slide

My starter, simply because Snivy lacks power and Oshawott creeps me out. It has so far been a potent fighter, but I hear that Darmanitan is excellent, so should I drop it?

Stoutland
508.gif

-Work Up
-Return
-Crunch
-Ice Fang

Great Pokémon, again. Has excellent stats and is pretty fast at this point. Not much to say.

Excadrill
530.gif

-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw

THis is the one I'm mostly unsure of. I caught him recently as Drillbur, and he has so far been pretty good, but I'm not sure if I should keep him or get something better.

Mienshao
620.gif

-Swords Dance
-Drain Punch
-Bounce
-U-Turn

This guys is awesome, must stay. He's supposed to be amazing and he's a staple on competitive teams of mine; if he's half as good in game he'll be beast. I don't mind the level 50 evolution, since Mienfoo is supposed to be OK. Moveset is really all I nee help with here, I can't find a good one. This is mostly level up.

So, I figured I'd post my White team, or what it will be when I'm done with it.
Keep in mind I like to have 4 pokemon only, otherwise I get underleveled.

Emboar
emboar_animated_sprite_by_phanthomking-d36r0f7.gif

-Hammer Arm
-Heat Crash
-Wild Charge
-Rock Slide

My starter, simply because Snivy lacks power and Oshawott creeps me out. It has so far been a potent fighter, but I hear that Darmanitan is excellent, so should I drop it?

Hey, your call. I say that he's good. Unless you wann add Earthquake.

Stoutland
508.gif

-Work Up
-Return
-Crunch
-Ice Fang

Great Pokémon, again. Has excellent stats and is pretty fast at this point. Not much to say.

Hmm, maybe Giga Impact later on? For now, though, add in Dig.

Excadrill
530.gif

-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw

This is the one I'm mostly unsure of. I caught him recently as Drillbur, and he has so far been pretty good, but I'm not sure if I should keep him or get something better.

I dunno, maybe X-Scissor? Brick Break could work, too, I think.

Mienshao
620.gif

-Swords Dance
-Drain Punch
-Bounce
-U-Turn

Again, why no HiJumpKick? Yeah, it has the recoil-if-it-misses, but it has 90% accuracy, so it doesn't happen that often.

This guys is awesome, must stay. He's supposed to be amazing and he's a staple on competitive teams of mine; if he's half as good in game he'll be beast. I don't mind the level 50 evolution, since Mienfoo is supposed to be OK. Moveset is really all I nee help with here, I can't find a good one. This is mostly level up.

My opinion? It's in red.

My opinion? It's in red.

EQ is post elite four, right? I'll probably add that in after.
Maybe Giga Impact, though personally I don't like it because they get in a free hit, and with STAB Return, I don't see Giga Impact KOing many things Return doesn't. Dig...yeah, I can do that. Thanks!
Brick Break and X-Scissor sound like good options, but do you think I should keep him in the first place? he has Sand Force, BTW.

Mienshao--There's actually a specific reason, and it's because I'm probably not going to run reckless. With Mienshao's crazy high attack stat and speed, I don't see many things not getting KO'd with Drain Punch. Regenerator is what I prefer.
Though technically, Drain Punch is an option. I thought it did, but I'm not sure; do you know if Hi Jump Kick gets the Reckless boost? If it does i may as well do Hi Jump Kick, Reckless, and Wide Lens, which gets me to 99 power. Don't see much missing there :).

EQ is post elite four, right? I'll probably add that in after.
Maybe Giga Impact, though personally I don't like it because they get in a free hit, and with STAB Return, I don't see Giga Impact KOing many things Return doesn't. Dig...yeah, I can do that. Thanks!

No problem! And I understand about the G. Impact/Return thing, I was thinking that Return would always have less power than Impact, even with Max Happiness.
And with Dig, it'll will help in K.O.ing any Rock or Steel types you find, even if it does little.

Brick Break and X-Scissor sound like good options, but do you think I should keep him in the first place? he has Sand Force, BTW.

Might as well, though I wouldn't know, I never used him. With Sand Veil, he might have a chance, so long as Sandstorm is somewhere.

Mienshao--There's actually a specific reason, and it's because I'm probably not going to run reckless. With Mienshao's crazy high attack stat and speed, I don't see many things not getting KO'd with Drain Punch. Regenerator is what I prefer.
Though technically, Drain Punch is an option. I thought it did, but I'm not sure; do you know if Hi Jump Kick gets the Reckless boost? If it does i may as well do Hi Jump Kick, Reckless, and Wide Lens, which gets me to 99 power. Don't see much missing there :).

I'm pretty sure HiJumpKick gets the Reckless boost; otherwise, why would it be on Hitmonlee, the 'mon known for the Jump Kicks?
And I only suggested it because of Drain Punch's lower power. The more the merrier, they say! (Unless Technician is involved.)

One last thing. Is it possible to check my team? I understand if you can't, but I haven't gotten any responses back, and I'd like some advice.

No problem! And I understand about the G. Impact/Return thing, I was thinking that Return would always have less power than Impact, even with Max Happiness.
And with Dig, it'll will help in K.O.ing any Rock or Steel types you find, even if it does little.

Might as well, though I wouldn't know, I never used him. With Sand Veil, he might have a chance, so long as Sandstorm is somewhere.

I don't think he gets Sand Veil; it's Sand Force or Sand Power. I'm really concerned about whether without Sandstorm he'll be any good.

I'm pretty sure HiJumpKick gets the Reckless boost; otherwise, why would it be on Hitmonlee, the 'mon known for the Jump Kicks?
And I only suggested it because of Drain Punch's lower power. The more the merrier, they say! (Unless Technician is involved.)

One last thing. Is it possible to check my team? I understand if you can't, but I haven't gotten any responses back, and I'd like some advice.

Yeah, then I'll go with Reckless.

Voltesla Lv. 38(Emolga):
Bashful Nature [Proud of its power] {Female}
Moves: Electro Ball, Air Slash, Attract, Acrobatics
Item: None (Boost Acrobatics's power.)

Woterror Lv. 37(Samurott)
Impish Nature [Proud of its power] {Male}
Moves: Slash, Revenge, Surf, Megahorn
Item: Expert Belt (Helped take out Cheren, why not keep it?)

Asher Lv. 38 (Zoroark)
Bashful Nature [Proud of its power] {Male}
Moves: Shadow Claw, Dig, Return, Foul Play
Item: Scope Lens (Critical hits help out a frail lil' guy.)

Victini Lv. 39 (Victini)
Modest Nature [Thoroughly cunning] {N/A}
Moves: Charge Beam, Confusion, SolarBeam, Searing Shot
Item: Amulet Coin (Double prize money= More cash fo supplies.)

Rufflet Lv. 39 (Rufflet)
Impish Nature [Loves to eat] {Male}
Moves: Sky Drop, Slash, Work Up, Fly
Item: Rocky Helmet (Used to be Terry's.)

Kilaxus Lv. 37 (Axew)
Bashful Nature [Likes to relax] {Male}
Moves: X-Scissor, Dig, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw
Item: Lucky Egg (For Training.)

I'm not a fan of Emolga, but from what i hear, it gets the job done. It should do fine. In the end, though, you might want to give it dual screens. Even in game, dul screens=win. It's great, especially for the Elite Four.

I know Samurott is slightly angled towards Special Attack, but something like aqua Tail might work better in the long run.

Zoroark--Special moves will help him, simply because his special attack is crazy. Maybe try Nasty Plot, Night Daze (Evenutally), Shadow Ball, and Foul Play?

Victini--Victini is an excellent pokemon. I'd level it up a bit for Flame Burst, I think it's called, and TM on Psychic.

Rufflet's a good pokemon, but will you be able to evolve him in time? If not, I'd switch him out. If you do want him, eventually Brave Bird and Superpower are good moves.

Axew, once he's a Haxorus, he'll be fine. Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Outrage...all you really need. He'll be beast.

After individual movesets, overall team analysis. Half your team is apparently weak to Ice and Rock. That could be a problem, so you'll want to alter your movesets to counter those two threats. If you take out Rufflet, though, who may be the weakest link if he can't evolve, you'll be much better. I think you can replace him with something sturdy like Stoutland, or a good fighting type like Sawk or Mienshao. Overall though, your team looks good. The only ones I'm unsure of are Rufflet and Zoroark, though you should be fine throughout the game.

Yeah, then I'll go with Reckless.

I'm not a fan of Emolga, but from what i hear, it gets the job done. It should do fine. In the end, though, you might want to give it dual screens. Even in game, dul screens=win. It's great, especially for the Elite Four.

I know Samurott is slightly angled towards Special Attack, but something like aqua Tail might work better in the long run.

Zoroark--Special moves will help him, simply because his special attack is crazy. Maybe try Nasty Plot, Night Daze (Evenutally), Shadow Ball, and Foul Play?

Victini--Victini is an excellent pokemon. I'd level it up a bit for Flame Burst, I think it's called, and TM on Psychic.

Rufflet's a good pokemon, but will you be able to evolve him in time? If not, I'd switch him out. If you do want him, eventually Brave Bird and Superpower are good moves.

Axew, once he's a Haxorus, he'll be fine. Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Outrage...all you really need. He'll be beast.

After individual movesets, overall team analysis. Half your team is apparently weak to Ice and Rock. That could be a problem, so you'll want to alter your movesets to counter those two threats. If you take out Rufflet, though, who may be the weakest link if he can't evolve, you'll be much better. I think you can replace him with something sturdy like Stoutland, or a good fighting type like Sawk or Mienshao. Overall though, your team looks good. The only ones I'm unsure of are Rufflet and Zoroark, though you should be fine throughout the game.

Oh f--k, you're right. That's a lot of weaknesses...

I was thinking about getting rid of Emolga, since he can't evolve, and adds weaknesses to the team. In place of her, I was thinking Petilil, but I'd have to breed it in order to get Own Tempo for an ability. Even if it has that Ice weakness, it can probably OWN ALL THEM ICE GUYS :mallet: with a confusionless Petal Dance. And Substitute, of course.

Now, I was planning on using Scolipede, but I'm not sure. With Rollout and Dig, I think I could make it work.

I'll consider what you said about adding Sawk, since I have one already and used him for a while.

Thank for the feedback!!

Oh f--k, you're right. That's a lot of weaknesses...

I was thinking about getting rid of Emolga, since he can't evolve, and adds weaknesses to the team. In place of her, I was thinking Petilil, but I'd have to breed it in order to get Own Tempo for an ability. Even if it has that Ice weakness, it can probably OWN ALL THEM ICE GUYS :mallet: with a confusionless Petal Dance. And Substitute, of course.

Now, I was planning on using Scolipede, but I'm not sure. With Rollout and Dig, I think I could make it work.

I'll consider what you said about adding Sawk, since I have one already and used him for a while.

Thank for the feedback!!

Petilil...the only problem you might have is that it's not that fast. But with Substitute, it could work. Teach it synthesis too, though, that way you can recover HP off the Substitute. Or you could just use a healing item.

Scolipede's fast, but it lacks offensive power. The main problem is that anything rollout would KO will probably KO Scolipede first. You might want to just stay with 5 pokemon, your pokes also won't get underleveled then.

Lol, I haven't even used him, I just heard he's awesome. I like Mienshao better, but Sawk's supposed to be good. If you can trade, though Conkeldurr's the way to go..

Here's my in-game White team. needing a little help deciding where to steer some of their moves for round 2 E4. i plan to level them all up to about 80 btw. :banana: Please pardon me if i do this uberly wrong D:>

Attack Sweeper
117px-553Krookodile_Dream.png

Krookodile {Female}
Item: Dragon Fang
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Moxie
Characteristic: Thoroughly Cunning
Moves:
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Shadow Claw

i was thinking maybe Smack Down, Low Sweep, Aerial Ace or Facade ..mayyybe Attract in place of Shadow Claw since having both Crunch and Shadow Claw is a bit redundant. I generally like the rest of its moves as is. Moxie helps it sweep and Outrage gain power when locked in. Dragon Fang is to help get the most out of Outrage since i'll be confused when it's over.

Mix Speedy Wall
120px-497Serperior_Dream.png

Serperior {Male}
Item: Miracle Seed or Big Root
Nature: Lax
Ability: Overgrow
Characteristic: Often Scatters Things
Moves:
~ Wring Out
~ Leaf Blade
~ Giga Drain
~ Growth

This is my 1st time training up a grass type, so i was a little blind on this thing. I have almost no coverage on him, and was pretty much guessing on what to put on him. Leaf Blade for STAB Atk., Giga Drain to recover health from his many weaknesses though it makes its ability moot, and i could only figure to put wring out and growth for a strong neutral 1st turn attack, and random stat boost for his mediocre atk/sp.atk. Even though i rarely last long enough to do any stat boosting. this guy needs MAJOR help, though i'd like to keep his 2 grass moves as i can't see him lasting w/o them. Miracle Seed to boost Leaf Blade, and Big Root to boost Giga Drain's absorption.

Special Sweeper
120px-571Zoroark_Dream.png

Zoroark {Male}
Item: Charcoal or Black Glasses
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Illusion
Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
Moves:
~ Foul Play
~ Flamethrower
~ Night Daze
~ Nasty Plot

Foul Play for those unlucky times i'm stuck against a strong normal or fighting type. Flamethrower to by chance burn and do damage to bug types, night daze as a strong STAB atk., and nasty plot to boost his sp. atk. though its rare i get to use it. looking to maybe have this moveset made to fit for better type coverage. Charcoal to help Flamethrower, and Black Glasses to help boost stab dark moves (though i'm not sure if it helps Foul Play as FP is opponent reliant).

Annoying Special Sweeper
117px-609Chandelure_Dream.png

Chandelure {Female}
Item: Spell Tag or Wide Lens
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Flash Fire
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Moves:
~ Inferno
~ Flamethrower
~ Hex
~ Toxic

Inferno while having bad accuracy, has its moments when holding a Wide Lens. Flamethrower for a reliable STAB attacking move, and Toxic to annoy/double the power of STAB Hex. Spell Tag to boost Hex's power, and sometimes Wide Lens to help Inferno.

Special Sweeper
120px-528Swoobat_Dream.png

Swoobat {Female}
Item: Rocky Helmet
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Unaware
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Moves:
~ Future Sight
~ Psychic
~ Air Slash
~ Charge Beam

Future Sight is here for when i know Swoobat will go down in one hit but i need the big hit to help out the next pokemon i'm switching in. Psychic and Air Slash as reliable STAB moves, and Charge Beam to raise sp.atk. and hit water and flying types. Put a Rocky Helmet on her so that when she's taken a hit or KO'd she'd have done a bit of damage and nullified Sturdy ability.

Wall
120px-565Carracosta_Dream.png

Carracosta {Female}
Item: Quick Claw
Nature: Brave
Ability: Solid Rock
Characteristic: Proud of its Power
Moves:
~ Waterfall
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide
~ Curse

Quick Claw is a must. Waterfall replaced Aqua Jet for power over priority since it seems it can take a hit (thanks to Solid Rock). Crunch for a strong physical atk. move for when Chandelure is in trouble and Zoroark/Krookodile is down, Rock Slide as a STAB move, and Curse to up power though lowers speed (worked better when Aqua Jet was in this moveset).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom