• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Maybe try a Reuniclus, or however you spell it?

Maybe try a Reuniclus, or however you spell it?

This team is mono-Dark, so unfortunately that can't happen.

EDIT: Unless you were talking to someone else...then disregard the above.

What would make a good grass 5th gen pokemon replacement for my leavanny in my team?

Samurott
Semisear
Unfezzant
Elektross
Leavanny
Liepard

What would make a good grass 5th gen pokemon replacement for my leavanny in my team?

Samurott
Semisear
Unfezzant
Elektross
Leavanny
Liepard

Want to know my opinion? Don't lose Leavanny. I know it's not what you asked for, but I'm seriously saying, I've heard excellent reviews. It gets Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and X-Scissor, it'll serve you well.
But if you still want a substitute, I'll go through your team.

Samurott is good. Simisear...not so much. I'd replace it with Chandelure or Darmanitan. I would also replace Unfezzant with Archeops, despite it's ability, it's supposed to be good in game.
Also, Liepard...I wouldn't keep. Stoutland is good,but Liepard isn't that great.
No, leavanny replacement? I dunno that many good types grass wise Gen V. If you don't mind legendaries, Virizion is excellent. So are Sawsbuck and Whimsicott.

Want to know my opinion? Don't lose Leavanny. I know it's not what you asked for, but I'm seriously saying, I've heard excellent reviews. It gets Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and X-Scissor, it'll serve you well.
But if you still want a substitute, I'll go through your team.

Samurott is good. Simisear...not so much. I'd replace it with Chandelure or Darmanitan. I would also replace Unfezzant with Archeops, despite it's ability, it's supposed to be good in game.
Also, Liepard...I wouldn't keep. Stoutland is good,but Liepard isn't that great.
No, leavanny replacement? I dunno that many good types grass wise Gen V. If you don't mind legendaries, Virizion is excellent. So are Sawsbuck and Whimsicott.

:) Thanks for the suggestions, well I've had my leavanny for pretty much my whole game time so i guess i could keep it on my team. The main reason i wanted to replace it was because of the 4x weakness's to fire, flying and rock not to mention the 2x weakness to ice.

:) Thanks for the suggestions, well I've had my leavanny for pretty much my whole game time so i guess i could keep it on my team. The main reason i wanted to replace it was because of the 4x weakness's to fire, flying and rock not to mention the 2x weakness to ice.

It does have huge weaknesses, but bring it in on something that can't outspeed it, and it's going to make a dent in your opponent.

And on my team, I have
499.gif
508.gif
554.gif

Normally, I would never consider 2 fire types, but both have proved to be powerful. Do you think it would be allright for two fire types on an in-game team?
THanks to any help!

on my team, I have
499.gif
508.gif
554.gif

Normally, I would never consider 2 fire types, but both have proved to be powerful. Do you think it would be allright for two fire types on an in-game team?
THanks to any help!

Do they know anything they can use to counter their weaknesses?

Otherwise, looks good. Personally, I don't think it maks a difference what you use in-game, as long as it's not Unown+Magikarp+Luvdisc. :XD2:

Do they know anything they can use to counter their weaknesses?

Otherwise, looks good. Personally, I don't think it maks a difference what you use in-game, as long as it's not Unown+Magikarp+Luvdisc. :XD2:

Lol, I just faced a team on PO with that EXACT format :).
Actually, i'm thinking Emboar can get Wild Charge, and Darmanitan can maybe get Rock Slide (if it can learn it, I forget).

Wow, I can state the unbelievable? :expect:

What are their current movesets? Maybe I can help.

Well, keep in mind that I just started the game. I'm at about the 4th gym, but I'm going to do a bit more training at the Desert Resort. If I remember correctly, it's probably

Pignite
Arm Thrust
Flame Charge
Take Down
Rollout

Herdier (not Stoutland, my bad)
Take Down (soon to be Return)
Crunch
Work Up
(Filler, probably Leer)

Darumaka (not trained yet)
Fire Fang
Headbutt
Rage
Facade

Yeah, I have a long way to go :). Eventually, I'm going to add a Mienshao. I was thinking of adding Carracosta...but decided against it. That's pretty much my team. I've also been considering Krookodile (or however you spell it). It supposed to be pretty good.

Well, keep in mind that I just started the game. I'm at about the 4th gym, but I'm going to do a bit more training at the Desert Resort. If I remember correctly, it's probably

Well, for right now it seems fine, but once you get towards the end of the game:

Pignite
Arm Thrust
Flame Charge
Take Down
Rollout

Once he evolves, get Hammer Arm from the move relearner. For now, get the TM for Rock Slide and use it on him. I do believe it's in the Misaltron Cave. Wild Charge ain't a bad idea, either, but that'll have to wait till Victory Road.

Herdier (not Stoutland, my bad)
Take Down (soon to be Return)
Crunch
Work Up
(Filler, probably Leer)

Once again, Dig is a good idea. Wild Charge can also be used once you gt the TM for it. And yes, go with Return.

Darumaka (not trained yet)
Fire Fang
Headbutt
Rage
Facade

Brick Break can be useful. Oh, and Rock Slide can be used. Remember to use Flare Blitz to take advantage of his enormous physical strength.

Yeah, I have a long way to go :). Eventually, I'm going to add a Mienshao. I was thinking of adding Carracosta...but decided against it. That's pretty much my team. I've also been considering Krookodile (or however you spell it). It supposed to be pretty good.

Normally I'd say to use Crunch for Krookodile, but it can also learn Foul Play, which can be better. Outrage, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Payback, and Shadow Claw are also options to consider.

As for Mienshao, if you're going for the Reckless ability, that'll have to wait, since it's a Dream World ability, and no Gen5 PKMN are found in the Dream World(I think). For now, go with Regenerator.

My comments are in red.

My comments are in red.

Actually, I prefer Regenerator on Mienshao, that and Drain Punch is very useful. Thanks for your help!
And do you think I should add Krookodile, or any other Pokémon, for that matter?

Actually, I prefer Regenerator on Mienshao, that and Drain Punch is very useful. Thanks for your help!
And do you think I should add Krookodile, or any other Pokémon, for that matter?

If you wanna add Krookodile, go ahead. I'm petty sure it'll work wonders.

Oh, and I'd suggest going to the Pinwheel Forest for training. That area the one guy blocked off should be open now. It's a good area for grinding, with the PKMN having levels of about 20-24. That's just me, though.

If you wanna add Krookodile, go ahead. I'm petty sure it'll work wonders.

Oh, and I'd suggest going to the Pinwheel Forest for training. That area the one guy blocked off should be open now. It's a good area for grinding, with the PKMN having levels of about 20-24. That's just me, though.

Good idea, I'll go there! I have to go back to Castelia for Return anyhows, so...not that far away.
I'm just wondering if it'd be worth it. Normally I feel 4 pokemon is best—any more and levels can get a bit underwhelming. That's why I'm not sure.

My Unova Black Team

Please help us out for my pokemon game... this is only what i want so far (basically subject to change)

chandelure_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p0qh.gif

chandelure (alredy hatched)

Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
???
???

jellicent_animated_sprite_m_by_devinwarriors-d3cnl8h.gif

jellicent

Surf
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Energy Ball / Psychic

pendra_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d387wnh.gif

Scolipede

Poision Jab
Steam Roller
Earthquake
???

galvantula_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38ozjn.gif

Galvantula

Thunder
Bug Buzz
???
???

521000.gif

Unfezant (Still to breed)

Fly
Steel Wing
Hypnosis
???

volcarona_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d390ae6_4da99491ead73.gif
or
darmanitan_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38jcrv.gif

Volcarona

Bug Buzz
Hurricane
Fiery Dance
???

Darmanitan (zen mode)

Flare Blitz
Psychic
Brick Break / hammer arm
???

Maby (if im lucky)
zoroark-animated.gif

Zoroark (if i can get it it will most likely take the place of Volcarona / Darmanitan)

Night Daze
Extrasensory
???
???

is this a good team without repeting anything i have in white...
these are:
all starters
all legendaries
Both fossils
Haxorus
Elektross
Braviry
Mandibuzz
Jelly Bear
Krookodile
Scrafty
Bisharp
Drudiggon
Hydrigon
Escallver
Golurk
im pretty shure there are others, i'll add them as i remember, please help me out:secret:

Last edited:
Re: My Unova Black Team

Please help us out for my pokemon game... this is only what i want so far (basically subject to change)

chandelure_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p0qh.gif

chandelure (alredy hatched)

Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
???
???

Maybe use Hex and Will-o-Wisp? That ought to work.

jellicent_animated_sprite_m_by_devinwarriors-d3cnl8h.gif

jellicent

Surf
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Energy Ball / Psychic

Two Ghosts? Ok, but I'd recommend against it. Should use use it, then use the Hex+Will-o-Wisp combo. If you're not doing that, then use Psychic.

pendra_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d387wnh.gif

Scolipede

Poision Jab
Steam Roller
Earthquake
???

Steamroller? Why not X-Scissor? Or, use a Heart Scale and get Megahorn. The accuracy may be a let-down, but the power is worth it.

galvantula_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38ozjn.gif

Galvantula

Thunder
Bug Buzz
???
???

Umm, two bug types? Both who take neutral damage from EarthQuake? Nah, use something else. If you really want to use it, though, teach it Rain Dance. Oh, and Energy Ball.

521000.gif

Unfezant (Still to breed)

Fly
Steel Wing
Hypnosis
???

Use Return. Oh, and Kenhallow/Unfezant can't learn Steel Wing.

volcarona_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d390ae6_4da99491ead73.gif
or
darmanitan_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38jcrv.gif

Volcarona

Bug Buzz
Hurricane
Fiery Dance
???

Darmanitan (zen mode)

Flare Blitz
Psychic
Brick Break / hammer arm
???

Use Damaritan in it's normal form. For that, you will want to ditch Psychic and use Superpower & Earthquake.

Maby (if im lucky)
zoroark-animated.gif

Zoroark (if i can get it it will most likely take the place of Volcarona / Darmanitan)

Night Daze
Extrasensory
???
???

Focus Blast can work, even with the accuracy. Oh, and also Flamethrower.

You want a comment? They're in red.

Re: My Unova Black Team

thanks... thats a big help

and the reason i have 2 bug and 2 ghost is because i alredy have most the pokemon i like in other teams :)

Hey, no problem.

And I only said that about the 2 Bugs & Ghosts is because I have a personal opinion against having two of the same types of 'Mon on a team.

ill have to double check about steel wing.... because i was shure you could egg it

497.gif

Serpens the Lv. 37 Serperior
Overgrow, Adamant nature
Item - Miracle Seed
Slam
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Leaf Tornado
Stats:
Hp: 105
Atk: 77
Def: 86
Sp. Atk: 63
Sp. Def: 79
Spd: 101

552.gif

Lyrae the Lv. 37 Krokkorok
Moxie, Mild nature
Item - Soft Sand
Crunch
Mud-Slap
Dig
Sand Tomb
Stats:
Hp: 98
Atk: 77
Def: 43
Sp. Atk: 48
Sp. Def: 42
Spd: 67

523.gif

Equuleus the Lv. 37 Zebstrika
Lightningrod, Relaxed nature
Item - Amulet Coin
Stomp
Flame Charge
Thunder Wave
Discharge
Stats:
Hp: 108
Atk: 90
Def: 61
Sp. Atk: 71
Sp. Def: 52
Spd: 90

517.gif

Antlia the Lv. 36 Munna
Forewarn, Rash nature
Item - Rocky Helmet
Nightmare
Psybeam
Moonlight
Hypnosis
Stats:
Hp: 108
Atk: 28
Def: 38
Sp. Atk: 66
Sp. Def: 48
Spd: 30

545.gif

Pandora the Lv. 37 Scolipede
Swarm, Adamant nature
Item - BlackGlasses
Bulldoze
Screech
Pursuit
Poison Tail
Stats:
Hp: 97
Atk: 86
Def: 72
Sp. Atk: 48
Sp. Def: 59
Spd: 93

607.gif

Nightlight the Lv. 38 Litwick
Flash Fire, Docile nature
Item - Lucky Egg
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Inferno
Hex
Stats:
Hp: 96
Atk: 32
Def: 49
Sp. Atk: 57
Sp. Def: 50
Spd: 30

This is my current team right as I entered Icirrus City. I wanted an opinion on it, and I was thinking of replacing one of my pokemon with a Mienfoo, I just can't decide which one to replace or even if I should. My Munna has been annoying me recently and I was considering replacing it. Musharna would be more useful, I was waiting until level 41 to evolve it, so it learns dream eater.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom