• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

So, first up.
I like your team! It's pretty good, has nice diversity. You seem to be all right on movesets, since once your mons evolve they'll be fine. Here's what I can suggest:
Get Mienfoo. It's an excellent Pokémon, well worth the training, and Mienshao will make a fine replacement for Munna. however, Musharna may also be of some worth, I've heard good reviews. in short, I would use Mienfoo, since overall in works the best.
For Serperior, though, don't run leech seed. Run something like Glare to abuse paralysis.
Your team is really good, actually! Not sure what else I can suggest, but that's a good thing!

I'm fairly certain Glare is an egg move.

497.gif

Serpens the Lv. 37 Serperior
Overgrow, Adamant nature
Item - Miracle Seed
Slam
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Leaf Tornado
Stats:
Hp: 105
Atk: 77
Def: 86
Sp. Atk: 63
Sp. Def: 79
Spd: 101

Get rid of Leaf Tornado. Leaf Blade is better. Maybe consider using Coil and Aerial Ace. Dragon Tail could also work over slam, since that moves is fairly innaccurate.

552.gif

Lyrae the Lv. 37 Krokkorok
Moxie, Mild nature
Item - Soft Sand
Crunch
Mud-Slap
Dig
Sand Tomb
Stats:
Hp: 98
Def: 43
Sp. Atk: 48
Sp. Def: 42
Spd: 67

I'd get rid of Mud-Slap and Sand Tomb. Brick Break and Rock Slide should help the croc out.

523.gif

Equuleus the Lv. 37 Zebstrika
Lightningrod, Relaxed nature
Item - Amulet Coin
Stomp
Flame Charge
Thunder Wave
Discharge
Stats:
Hp: 108
Atk: 90
Def: 61
Sp. Atk: 71
Sp. Def: 52
Spd: 90

Remember, Zebstrika's Attack is better than his Special Attacke, so ditch Disgharge and get Wild Charge. Thrash can be used over Stomp, but the confusion could get in the way.

517.gif

Antlia the Lv. 36 Munna
Forewarn, Rash nature
Item - Rocky Helmet
Nightmare
Psybeam
Moonlight
Hypnosis
Stats:
Atk: 28
Def: 38
Sp. Atk: 66
Sp. Def: 48
Spd: 30

Consider using Shadow Ball. I see you skipped Future Sight, but go relearn it. To make the most of it, though, you may wanna box it until Winter in the game, then go to Spiral Mountain and get the TM for Substitute.

545.gif

Pandora the Lv. 37 Scolipede
Swarm, Adamant nature
Item - BlackGlasses
Bulldoze
Screech
Pursuit
Poison Tail
Stats:
Hp: 97
Atk: 86
Def: 72
Sp. Def: 59
Spd: 93

Use a TM to teach it X-Sissor and Poison Jab. Rock Slide will take care of other Bugs.

607.gif

Nightlight the Lv. 38 Litwick
Flash Fire, Docile nature
Item - Lucky Egg
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Inferno
Hex
Stats:
Hp: 96
Atk: 32
Def: 49
Sp. Atk: 57
Sp. Def: 50

Litwick doesn't need Inferno. Flame Burst works on it's own. Energy Ball can also work.

This is my current team right as I entered Icirrus City. I wanted an opinion on it, and I was thinking of replacing one of my pokemon with a Mienfoo, I just can't decide which one to replace or even if I should. My Munna has been annoying me recently and I was considering replacing it. Musharna would be more useful, I was waiting until level 41 to evolve it, so it learns dream eater.

If you're prepared to deal with Mienfoo's frailty, then go ahead.

Hi. After a lot of work, I have a very solid (I hope) team for Pokemon White. This is a massive update from my previous post (I'd update that, but I can't find what page I posted on, eheh). Anyway, if you feel there should be some changes, please tell me. Also, all my Pokemon are at Level 75 and have Pokerus. Again, any help (if needed) is welcome.

Hotshot (Emboar)
Fire/Fighting
Male
Blaze
Adamant Nature
Somewhat of a clown
Muscle Band
Attacks: Brick Break, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Heat Crash
Stats:
HP: 269
Attack: 265
Defense: 118
Sp. Atk: 155
Sp. Def: 115
Speed: 153

Notes: I'm very proud of this Starter. His Adamant Nature really works well with the Muscle Band and my choice of moves, and his Speed is great (especially since his species' Speed is pretty lackluster). I did no restarting or anything, this guy was my very first Tepig. Guess I got luck of the draw there.

Drillbit (Excadrill)
Ground/Steel
Male
Sand Force
Hardy Nature
Likes to fight
BrightPowder
Attacks: Metal Claw, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hone Claws
Stats:
HP: 268
Attack: 269
Defense: 121
Sp. Atk: 90
Sp. Def: 126
Speed: 174

Notes: I got really lucky with Drillbit here. He was the first Drilbur I found, and has been invaluable since. I have been unable to catch a Drilbur since with Sand Force (even in my Black version), so I got really lucky. He's the fastest on my team, so he can dish out the hurt fast. I kept Hone Claws because of the Accuracy boost, since Metal Claw and Rock Slide are somewhat lacking in that department.

Nerferti (Cofagrigus)
Ghost
Female
Mummy
Hardy Nature
A little quick tempered
Rocky Helmet
Attacks: Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic, Will-o-Wisp
Stats:
HP: 207
Attack: 122
Defense: 244
Sp. Atk: 163
Sp. Def: 182
Speed: 73

Notes: The "tank" of the team. I do wish her characteristic was better, but I'm not complaining with the results. Obviously, she's the slowpoke, but her defensive stats are a huge perk. I had to wait until post-game to get Energy Ball and Psychic, so she previously had Grass Knot and Hex. Her HP is a little lackluster at this level, but, again, I'm not complaining.

Bloodfang (Eelektross)
Electric
Male
Relaxed Nature
Thoroughly cunning
Scope Lens
Attacks: Rock Slide, Brick Break, Crunch, Thunderbolt
Stats:
HP: 230
Attack: 217
Defense: 180
Sp. Atk: 186
Sp. Def: 147
Speed: 96

Notes: Again, my luck worked well here, especially since I had planned out his move pool from the start. I wanted to wait until he got Coil to evolve him, but he was having a hard time battling, so I was forced to evolve him early. Please, don't replace Thunderbolt. It's the most reliable Electric move I have, and I don't like the recoil effect of moves like Wild Charge (despite his Attack being higher than his Sp. Attack), while Thunder is too inaccurate for me. But suggestions are fine nonetheless.

Royal (Jellicent)
Water/Ghost
Female
Cursed Body
Quiet Nature
Thoroughly cunning
Leftovers
Attacks: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam
Stats:
HP: 259
Attack: 129
Defense: 159
Sp. Atk: 177
Sp. Def: 181
Speed: 92

Notes: With the fairly lackluster Water-types, I wasn't sure what I would like. I tried Turtorga, but it kept getting its clock cleaned. When I got Surf, I caught a female Frillish, and thought, "Eh, let's give it a try." Turned out to be a very good Water-type for me. Cursed Body has really helped level the field a bit for me, and she's a solid demi-tank. I wish she was faster, but her pretty well-roundedness where it mattered (HP, Defense, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense) worked well for me.

Skywarrior (Braviary)
Normal/Flying
Male
Sheer Force
Lax Nature
Often dozes off
Wide Lens
Attacks: Shadow Claw, Crush Claw, Rock Slide, Fly
Stats:
HP: 270
Attack: 248
Defense: 151
Sp. Atk: 134
Sp. Def: 124
Speed: 129

Notes: Probably the most balanced member of my group. His high HP and Attack really do wonders, and, as you noticed, three of his moves have "positive" secondary effects, so they get booster by Sheer Force. He also acts as my main transport, hence why I gave him Fly instead of something else. Because three of his moves are a little shaky in Accuracy, I gave him my Wide Lens for good measures.

Well, this is the gang. They've won me every battle during the game (with the exception of the Battle Subway, where my luck against Critical Hits tanked), and I'm quite proud of them. However, any advice is welcome, since there is probably still room for improvement. Thanks in advance.

Switch Return for Crush Claw on Braviary. Crush Claw is for the other abilities, not Sheer Force. Drop Metal Claw on Drillbit, and forget Hone Claws. (You can't really be disappointed with 90% accuracy.) Swords Dance and X-Scissor or some other physical move you may want to consider. For Emboar, I'd try Wild Charge over Stone Edge. Your coverage expands to +Water/Flying/Grass/Bug/Steelx3/Icex2/Normal/Rockx2/Dark/Fire/Electric/Poison. The move is more accurate and has more PP. Emboar also has loads of PP.

Those are minor changes--I just changed some moves around and nothing more--no real strategy changes.

please rate/ help with my soul silver team?

Ok a few notes before I post my party:
1. Yes they're all poison. That's my thing. Poisons
my fave type and I always use all poison.
2. I'm not quite at this stage yet. Just a few tms
from the battle frontier.
3. I just discovered different strategic movesets
and apparently all my pokemon fall under the
heading- annoyer. Is this a bad thing?
4. Please be respectful and courteous. There's no
reason to be rude but don't lie either. Tell me
your honest opinion.

Now my party:

Nidoking- soft sand
Flatter
Toxic
Earthquake
Rockslide

Crobat- bright powder
Fly
Confuse ray
Toxic
Bite

Tentacruel- mystic water
Hydro pump
Toxic
Supersonic
Blizzard

Victreebel- miracle seed
Solarbeam
Toxic
Swagger
Giga drain

Toxicroak- black belt
Brick break
Toxic
Flatter
Sucker punch

Drapion- blackglasses
Crunch
Toxic
Attract
Cross poison

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Re: please rate/ help with my soul silver team?

How do you plan to use the team?

If you plan on using this team competitively, take a look at Smogon's "Introduction to Competitive Pokemon" article. It'll help you learn the basics of competitive battling so that you can build an effective team. Your team in its current form is not suited for competitive battling.

Article: Introduction To Competitive Pokémon (D/P) - Smogon University

Is this an ingame team or a competitive team?

Is this an ingame team or a competitive team?

Right now its in-game but I've almost completed the game so I'm hoping to get wifi at some point and play online. (I hope I haven't made my team so unplayable online, that I have to restart the game)

If its ingame it belongs in the ingame team thread, which is just a few below. You need to know the EVs if you want it to become a Wifi team

How do you plan to use the team?

If you plan on using this team competitively, take a look at Smogon's "Introduction to Competitive Pokemon" article. It'll help you learn the basics of competitive battling so that you can build an effective team. Your team in its current form is not suited for competitive battling.

Article: Introduction To Competitive Pokémon (D/P) - Smogon University

Wow! Complex stuff. Next time someone says pokemons for kiddies, I'm gonna show them that page.

If its ingame it belongs in the ingame team thread, which is just a few below. You need to know the EVs if you want it to become a Wifi team

Well I am looking to make it wifi so I guess ill hafta either restart the game (would take over a month due to safari zone waiting periods) or breeding/recatching the team and training it up again (would miss out on tms from gym leaders and stuff).... Which would be best?

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't need to restart the game. its called breeding and EV training. There's this fantastic site called bulbapedia that you will learn this from

You don't need to restart the game. its called breeding and EV training. There's this fantastic site called bulbapedia that you will learn this from

Lol I know about bulbapedia, I was just thinking about tms that I might need but have already used on my current pokemon. Man there's quite a bit to get my head around before I get wifi like ev training (although I think I get it now since I read smogen) so do you think I'll still be able to use the same types of pokemon? (I like poison types lol)

You can remake this team in Pokemon Black or White

You can remake this team in Pokemon Black or White

Uuuh... Ok? I don't have black or white.

Why's my thread been moved here? I clearly stated that I'm looking to turn this in-game team into a wifi team. (That's the whole point in making the thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

497.gif

Serpens the Lv. 37 Serperior
Overgrow, Adamant nature
Item - Miracle Seed
Slam
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Leaf Tornado
Stats:
Hp: 105
Def: 86
Sp. Atk: 63
Sp. Def: 79
Spd: 101
OK. Replace Slam and Leaf Tornado with SolarBeam and Energy Ball I guess.
552.gif

Lyrae the Lv. 37 Krokkorok
Moxie, Mild nature
Item - Soft Sand
Crunch
Mud-Slap
Dig
Sand Tomb
Stats:
Hp: 98
Def: 43
Sp. Def: 42
Spd: 67
Replace Mud-Slap and Sand Tomb. Teach it Physical moves with high power.
523.gif

Equuleus the Lv. 37 Zebstrika
Lightningrod, Relaxed nature
Item - Amulet Coin
Stomp
Flame Charge
Thunder Wave
Discharge
Stats:
Atk: 90
Def: 61
Sp. Atk: 71
Sp. Def: 52
Spd: 90
Great. I don't see anything wrong with this one.
517.gif

Antlia the Lv. 36 Munna
Forewarn, Rash nature
Item - Rocky Helmet
Nightmare
Psybeam
Moonlight
Hypnosis
Stats:
Atk: 28
Def: 38
Sp. Atk: 66
Sp. Def: 48
Munna needs the Moon Stone. Desperately. (Not trying to be rude, but it's stats are kinda low.) After that, just use TM's and HM's.

545.gif

Pandora the Lv. 37 Scolipede
Swarm, Adamant nature
Item - BlackGlasses
Bulldoze
Screech
Pursuit
Poison Tail
Stats:
Hp: 97
Atk: 86
Def: 72
Sp. Def: 59
Spd: 93
Hmm... Replace Pursuit. There are much better moves out there.
607.gif

Nightlight the Lv. 38 Litwick
Flash Fire, Docile nature
Item - Lucky Egg
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Inferno
Hex
Stats:
Hp: 96
Atk: 32
Def: 49
Sp. Atk: 57
Sp. Def: 50
Pretty Good. My only suggestion is training it more so you can evolve it.

This is my current team right as I entered Icirrus City. I wanted an opinion on it, and I was thinking of replacing one of my pokemon with a Mienfoo, I just can't decide which one to replace or even if I should. My Munna has been annoying me recently and I was considering replacing it. Musharna would be more useful, I was waiting until level 41 to evolve it, so it learns dream eater.

Uuuh... Ok? I don't have black or white.

Why's my thread been moved here? I clearly stated that I'm looking to turn this in-game team into a wifi team. (That's the whole point in making the thread)

It was moved because it is so behind on being an actual team, I felt that putting it here would be better than leaving it in a thread by itself.

I'll try being helpful, what is your exact strategy in battle?

Seeing as I apparently put this in the wrong thread initially,

OK, I have some ideas for a team in Gen5. Here:

Physical Sweeper
Spr_5b_034.png

Nidoking w/Life Orb
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Sp.Atk/250 Speed
Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Fire Blast, Sandstorm.

Nidoking's moveset is essentially based on Sandstorm, which boosts his rather low Special Defense. Earthquake provodes STAB, with Stone Edge hitting most others (thinking of Milotic here). Fire Blast is here because of Sheer Force, which, when coupled with the Life Orb, is extremely powerful. I was thinking of replacing one of the moves with Sludge Bomb/Wave, though. Give it the Sheer Force treatment, as well.

Wall-ish Attacker
Spr_5b_136.png

Flareon w/Toxic Orb
Nature: Docile
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Def/128 Sp.Atk/128 H.P.
Moves: Facade, Protect, Fire Blast, Dig.

Flareon doesn't fit too well in either category, but with the EVs given, that's all I could think of. Anyway, the Toxic Orb activates Guts, which powers up Facade. With his massive attack, that's gotta be a dent in any PKMN it faces. Protect is there to keep the thing alive, Fire Blast gets STAB, and Dig hits whatever Fire Blast can't. To be honest, Heal Bell would be better over Protect, but since Guts Flareon is only available as itself, without the Eevee stage, and since it's male, that's a No-Go.

Mixed "Tank"
Spr_5b_026_m.png

Raichu w/Leftovers
Planned Nature: Brave
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk/130 Sp.Atk/126 H.P.
Moves: Substitute, Brick Break, Thunderbolt, Dig.

With a Substitute up, Raichu can go ahead and start attacking. Brick Break is there for good measure, allowing it to wear out any Ground-Types it sees. Thunderbolt gets STAB, and Dig aids in taking out what other moves don't(Unless Dugtrio pops up, then I'm screwed, I guess >_>). Originally, this had a Rain Dance combo, but I decided against it.

Physical Sweeper, with a hint of Walling
Spr_5b_141.png

Kabutops w/Apicot Berry
Planned Nature: Careful
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk/124 Sp.Def/132 H.P.
Moves: Waterfall, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace.

Kabutops's main draw for me is Battle Armor, which keeps it from dying on when sent out. Waterfall and Stone Edge serve a Dual-STAB purpose, X-Scissor takes out what the first two don't, and Aerial Ace for when I need to wipe something out.

Mad Ape (Physical Sweeper No.3)
Spr_5b_057.png

Primeape w/Payapa Berry
Planned nature: Sassy
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk/220 Def/36 H.P.
Moves: Close Combat, Payback, Stone Edge, U-Turn.

Close Combat is perfect for STAB, since the defense drop isn't going to matter. Running a -Speed nature is OK, since that's where Payback comes into play. With that taking care of Psychics, Stone Edge is there to land a kill on Flyers, and U-Turn is there to GTFO if needed.

Classy Cat (4th Physical Sweeper)
Spr_5b_053.png

Persian w/Expert Belt
Planned Nature: Lax
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk/128 Def/128 H.P.
Moves: U-Turn, Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Retaliate.

Much like Primeape, U-Turn is used to leave in the event of an emergency. Aerial Ace will always hit, allowing it to wipe outs slower Fighting-Types. Shadow Claw kills Ghosts that resist U-Turn and Retaliate. Speaking of which, Persian's high speed allows him to avenge is fallen team-mates (I'm lookin' at you, Flareon!).
Nidoking and Flareon's natures are set already, which sucks. Other than that, how is this team?

That work?

Last edited:

Why is that team in the In game team thread?

It doesn't have enough to be considered a competitive team.

Back
Top Bottom