• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

What do you mean?

You do not have a reliable "STAB" = same type attack bonus move(that is a steel type move in this scenario.)
So basically you use swords dance but don't have stab move to use if you don't use iron head. Remember stab moves are pretty important if you want to hit hard.

For example, stone edge has 100 base power while crunch has 80 base power. However iron head will have 80(base power) * 1.5(stab) = 120 power.

So, basically what I want to say is that if you are going to put in swords dance, you may as well put in iron head so that you can utilize that increase in attack.

You do not have a reliable "STAB" = same type attack bonus move(that is a steel type move in this scenario.)
So basically you use swords dance but don't have stab move to use if you don't use iron head. Remember stab moves are pretty important if you want to hit hard.

For example, stone edge has 100 base power while crunch has 80 base power. However iron head will have 80(base power) * 1.5(stab) = 120 power.

So, basically what I want to say is that if you are going to put in swords dance, you may as well put in iron head so that you can utilize that increase in attack.

oh ok i was wondering what you were going on about :)
Ya i put in Iron Head after all, i was just wondering if Mawile would benefit more from an Atk upper move rather than a Def. upper move coupled with IH.

oh ok i was wondering what you were going on about :)
Ya i put in Iron Head after all, i was just wondering if Mawile would benefit more from an Atk upper move rather than a Def. upper move coupled with IH.

imo, it depends on you play style. If you like stalling, you will like Iron defense+toxic but I don't recommend stalling ingame so Swords dance is the way to go.

imo, it depends on you play style. If you like stalling, you will like Iron defense+toxic but I don't recommend stalling ingame so Swords dance is the way to go.

I'm not much of a staller, i'm more of a 'hit em hard, hit em fast!' kinda player. Thank you for you're input ^_^

Can you help me with a team for competitve battles like the Atumuan Tornament, I lost like nine times so easyly, so here, i bult it quikly so yeah

Vrizon
Moves: Swords Dance, Reatailate, Giga Drain, and Sacred Sword
Ability: Justifide
Item: None

Coblion
Moves: Swords Dance, Reataliate, Iron Head, Sacred Sword
Ablility: Justifide

Reanclus
Moves: Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Psyshock, Psychic
Ability: Magic Guard

Chadlure
Moves: Shadow Ball, Infurno, Heat Wave, Overheat
Ablility: Flame Body

Scolopede
Moves: Poison Tail, Toxic, Steamroller, X-Sccicor
Ability: Poison Point

Hydreigon
Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse
Ability: Levitate

This is so bad....I lost agenst MYSELF lol

Can you help me with a team for competitve battles like the Atumuan Tornament, I lost like nine times so easyly, so here, i bult it quikly so yeah

Vrizon
Moves: Swords Dance, Reatailate, Giga Drain, and Sacred Sword
Ability: Justifide

Coblion
Moves: Swords Dance, Reataliate, Iron Head, Sacred Sword
Ablility: Justifide

Reanclus
Moves: Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Psyshock, Psychic
Ability: Magic Guard

Chadlure
Moves: Shadow Ball, Infurno, Heat Wave, Overheat
Ablility: Flame Body

Scolopede

Hydreigon
Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse
Ability: Levitate

This is so bad....I lost agenst MYSELF lol

I am a poor doubles battler but I can still advice you some movepool changes. However, I cannot give you advice without knowing you strategy or team style.

Virizion: replace Giga Drain with leaf blade, Retaliate with Stone edge and Close Combat for Sacred
Sword.
Cobalion: Remove Retaliate again for something like Stone Edge. Close Combat for Sacred Sword.

Reuniclius: Replace Psychic/ Psyshock with Focus Blast.
Chandelure: Put in Energy Ball for Inferno and you can consider Psychich for Overheat if you hate repeated switching.

Hydreigon: Replace Crunch with Flamethrower and Dragon Rush with any other coverage move.

Vrison and Coblin where just addons for the tornament, Scolopede was last minite but any way...
I LOVE the STAB for some reason but I do go for sanderd Super Affectiveness. I try to hit hard and fast, and also i'm lucky too for some reason so I can use a move like Thunder and hit twise in a row with it! but anyway I try to hit hard. thanks for current info and would apresiate more.

Vrison and Coblin where just addons for the tornament, Scolopede was last minite but any way...
I LOVE the STAB for some reason but I do go for sanderd Super Affectiveness. I try to hit hard and fast, and also i'm lucky too for some reason so I can use a move like Thunder and hit twise in a row with it! but anyway I try to hit hard. thanks for current info and would apresiate more.

I feel like this could be easily beaten by Trick Room, Tailwind, and Goodstuff teams.

Scolopede

How could you use scolipede WITHOUT megahorn? get a heart scale, go to a move relearner (I think in 6th gym city). I would replace, really any move with it. It does not have amazing accuracy but it hits grass, psychic and dark very hard and hits hard to any neutral pokemon too.

Just finished EV training my Latias, it will only be used for the battle battle tower in SoulSilver, here's the nature/EV spread : Timid, 252 SA/SP, 6 HP, holding Soul Dew.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what moves it should have? It's role in my team is mainly a special attacker.

Thanks

Just finished EV training my Latias, it will only be used for the battle battle tower in SoulSilver, here's the nature/EV spread : Timid, 252 SA/SP, 6 HP, holding Soul Dew.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what moves it should have? It's role in my team is mainly a special attacker.

Thanks

Is the item soul dew allowed in the battle tower?

Anyway my favourite set has to be:
Calm mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Safeguard/Refresh/Surf/Reflect

Very easy to use. Just set up one or two calm minds And spam Dragon attacks.
Recover maintains health. Safeguard/Refresh help prevent/cure status. Surf can be used to hit steel types and Reflect can be used to patchup your latias's weak defense.

Is the item soul dew allowed in the battle tower?

Anyway my favourite set has to be:
Calm mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Safeguard/Refresh/Surf/Reflect

Very easy to use. Just set up one or two calm minds And spam Dragon attacks.
Recover maintains health. Safeguard/Refresh help prevent/cure status. Surf can be used to hit steel types and Reflect can be used to patchup your latias's weak defense.

Alright, thanks for the input. Also just realized Soul Dew isn't allowed in the Battle Tower...

I know this is a looooooong shot, but i need some desperate help with some movesets of my pokemon in Colosseum :[ That game is just so limiting (not to mention the pre-physical/special move split) in terms of TMs so i need fresh eyes to give me some suggestions!

I'll list my team so you guys can make heads&tails of it all (boys/girls):

Menu_Colo_160.png

Feraligatr @Mystic Water
Torrent (Timid)
143/104/105/85/86/101
-Surf
-Slash
-Bite
-Rain Dance

Needless to say his STAB special typing is not his strong suit :[

Menu_Colo_200.png

Misdreavus @Spell Tag
Levitate (Careful)
119/73/70/79/103/100
-Shadow Ball
-Psybeam
-Mean Look
-Perish Song

She isn't too bad, though it's quite obvious attacking isn't really her style (much like Umbreon). Though when all else fails, she is able to Perish Song major threats out of my way.

Menu_Colo_164.png

Noctowl @Silk Scarf
Keen Eye (Bashful)
156/71/64/83/109/74
-Take Down
-Fly
-Steel Wing
-Hypnosis

Again, not much in terms of powerhouse, but with Hypnosis paired with Umberon's Confuse Ray, it makes for a decent HypnoRay hax strategy to make captures a bit easier :s

Menu_Colo_181.png

Ampharos @----
Static (Serious)
145/73/82/115/93/67
-Thunderbolt
-Thundershock
-Thunderwave
-Light Screen

With Feraligatr's Rain Dance up this is "ok" but there just isn't anything to her move-set! I hate how many electric moves she has :S

Menu_Colo_197.png

Umbreon @Quick Claw
Synchronize (Sassy)
161/73/113/74/149/63
-Secret Power
-Bite
-Toxic
-Confuse Ray

Meh. I don't even know what to say.

Menu_Colo_196.png

Espeon @Twistedspoon
Synchronize (Naive)
128/82/68/146/92/141
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Return
-Helping Hand

Again, meh.

So there they are, my team. I don't have a fire type (D:) or any fire moves of the sort.. I'm wanting to avoid using Entei, and Magcargo just reeks. What makes this even harder is that i can't just make my team a murderous powerhouse since i would like to be able to actually catch the shadow pokemon 1st time around.

Tips, advice, suggestions! please i need them! D:>

This is currently my plan for training a Togekiss:
Togekiss@ Leftovers/Kings Rock, Serene Grace, Timid,
EVs: 6HP, 252 SA & SP
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Flamethrower/Shadow Ball
Nasty Plot/Roost/Thunder wave

It will most probably be part of a Doubles Team
Which moves would be most effective in the Battle tower in B/W? Is the nature and Ev spread ok? Should I invest a little in its defences and forego the speed?

Thanks

This is currently my plan for training a Togekiss:
Togekiss@ Leftovers/Kings Rock, Serene Grace, Timid,
EVs: 6HP, 252 SA & SP
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Flamethrower/Shadow Ball
Nasty Plot/Roost/Thunder wave

It will most probably be part of a Doubles Team
Which moves would be most effective in the Battle tower in B/W? Is the nature and Ev spread ok? Should I invest a little in its defences and forego the speed?

Thanks

Who will be the team mates of togekiss?
Also, lets summon our doubles expert @Angad.

Who will be the team mates of togekiss?
Also, lets summon our doubles expert @Angad.

This is different than most doubles.

Solid set, but Kings Rock doesn't effect Air Slash, so it shouldn't be used. Heat Wave will probably be more useful than Flamethrower as it hits multiple targets with a change to burn. With the last move you can run Protect, a screen, encore, follow me, any sort of move really.

Back
Top Bottom