• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: Can I have my team rated?

I want a rating of 1 out of 10 for my team. Please also tell me what types my party doesn't have a move to defeat, or any fatal flaws.

Zekrom Lvl. 86 Holds Griseous Orb, and knows Shadow Ball, Fusion Bolt, Draco Meteor, and Hyper Beam
Kyurem Lvl. 87 Holds NeverMeltIce , and knows Glaciate, Fly, Draco Meteor, and Endeavor
Samurott Lvl. 88 Holds Lustrous Orb, and knows Dive, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Hydro Cannon
Stunfisk Lvl. 90 Holds Leftovers, and knows Earthquake, Flash, Thunder, and Fissure
Mewtwo Lvl. 100 Holds Quick Claw and knows Psystrike, Electro Ball, Hyper Beam, and Aura Sphere
Reshiram Lvl. 100 Holds Scope Lens, and knows Fusion Flare, Mist, Blue Flare, and Draco Meteor

May I have an 1 or 2 paragraph report?

3/10. Reshiram's fine, though Mist could be replaced with Psychic, Shadow Ball or Focus Blast. Zekrom's Attack is higher than it's Special Attack, so consider replacing Shadow Ball, Draco Meteor and Hyper Beam with Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw and Giga Impact (though I'd recommend Bolt Strike over Giga Impact, when you reach Lv. 100). Also, it doesn't benefit from holding the Griseous Orb (being as it's Giratina's signature item). Kyurem could be improved by replacing Glaciate with Blizzard, and Endeavor with Hail (since it looks like you're more interested in a Kyurem with Special moves). Mewtwo doesn't really need a Quick Claw, and Hyper Beam could be replaced with any number of other moves. Samurott doesn't know why he's holding the Lustrous Orb, being as he doesn't gain anything by holding Palkia's signature item. Also, Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon could be replaced with any number of other moves to provide him with more coverage (Ice Beam or Blizzard to take advantage of Kyurem's Hail, X-Scissor or Megahorn, Dig, etc). If the accuracy of Stunfisk's moves are giving you trouble, Thunder could be replaced with Thunderbolt and Fissure could be replaced with... Anything else, really.

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

After looking up the Gen I E4 on Bulbapedia, I've decided to train my team another 10 lvs to stand a chance against Blue. Hey I'll find out what I called him then. I've honestly forgotten.

Training for E4 on Blue:, have access to move deleter via my bro's Silver if necesary and all TMs availible unless I've used here (wasted Dig on Dugtrio);
Blastoise
LV:50
Att:114
Def: 135
Spd:111
Spc:117
HP:155
Moves: Skull Bash, Surf, Bubble, Water Gun

Butterfree
LV:49
Att:79
Def:83
Spd:97
Spc:106
HP:141
Moves:Tackle, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Poison Powder

Dugtrio
Att:103
Def:70
Spd:143
Spc:96
HP:108
Moves:Scratch, Earthquake, Dig, Slash

Victreebel
Att:125
Def:89
Spd:99
Spc:127
HP:162
Moves:Razor Leaf, Slam, Cut, Mega Drain

Wiggltuff
Att:98
Def:64
Spd:73
Spc:74
HP:221
Moves:Ice Beam, Pound, Strength, Flash

Flareon
Att:154
Def:80
Spd:88
Spc:130
HP:152
Moves:Fire Spin, Ember, Swift, Quick Attack
[/QUOTE

I don't believe that you can go back to gen. 1 after you brought a pokemon over to gen. 2. Can you?

Good pokemon but you should fix the movesets.

Flareon- both fire spin and ember are awful moves. Fire blast and flamethrower would be bettre.

Wigglituff- you have double edge on you? replace pound, also body slam can work too.

victreebel- replace razor leaf with solar beam

dugtrio- why have both scratch and slash? replace scratch with something else if possible.

butterfree- can it learn psychic? get rid of tackle and put it on, or find something else to replace tackle.

Blastoise- how about replacing bubble with body slam if you didn't use my suggestion for wigglituff.

I like the pokemon, but once again, please work on the movesets. Need stronger moves here and there, oh and level up to mid 50s at least.

Training for E4 on Blue:, have access to move deleter via my bro's Silver if necesary and all TMs availible unless I've used here (wasted Dig on Dugtrio);
Blastoise

Butterfree

Dugtrio

Victreebel

Wiggltuff

Flareon

I don't believe that you can go back to gen. 1 after you brought a pokemon over to gen. 2. Can you?

Flareon- both fire spin and ember are awful moves. Fire blast and flamethrower would be bettre.

Wigglituff- you have double edge on you? replace pound, also body slam can work too.

dugtrio- why have both scratch and slash? replace scratch with something else if possible.

butterfree- can it learn psychic? get rid of tackle and put it on, or find something else to replace tackle.

Blastoise- how about replacing bubble with body slam if you didn't use my suggestion for wigglituff.

I like the pokemon, but once again, please work on the movesets. Need stronger moves here and there, oh and level up to mid 50s at least.

Gen I and II can trade with eachother so long as none are/know moves from Gen II.

Thanks for the advice.
Many of these low powere moves are from smaller number of moves in Gen I. This is my first run on Gen I so I wasn't exactly making expert choices.
By looks of things Dugtrio has a tiny movepool. I think I'd be more comfortable if I did delete Flash from Wigglytuff. Feels like I need more TMs as all damage dealing TMs Dugtrio can learn are normal.
Again thanks for your help.

-Me!

Blastoise

Butterfree

Dugtrio

Victreebel

Wiggltuff

Flareon

Gen I and II can trade with eachother so long as none are/know moves from Gen II.

Thanks for the advice.
Many of these low powere moves are from smaller number of moves in Gen I. This is my first run on Gen I so I wasn't exactly making expert choices.
By looks of things Dugtrio has a tiny movepool. I think I'd be more comfortable if I did delete Flash from Wigglytuff. Feels like I need more TMs as all damage dealing TMs Dugtrio can learn are normal.
Again thanks for your help.

-Me!

no prob! if you have rock slide and tri attack I believe dugtrio can learn both. Just in case you are still looking for tm suggestions for dugtrio.

I'm just before the last gym and I would like an evaluation of my team and I need help finding a suitable 6th team member. I'm on White, and have played Black twice in the past without much success with the E4, as my teams are always hopeless... :( I know nothing whatsoever about EVs or IVs or natures, so if you have any tips or anything, they would be more than welcome!

Gurdurr - Lv. 32
Exp. Share
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Rock Slide
Low Kick

Tranquill - Lv. 33
Everstone
Fly
Roost
Air Cutter
Air Slash

Pansear - Lv. 33
Rocky Helmet
Acrobatics
Flame Burst
Bite
Incinerate

Dewott - Lv. 40
Mystic Water
Water Pledge
Razor Shell
Revenge
Surf

Emolga - Lv. 41
No Item
Light Screen
Shock Wave
Electro Ball
Acrobatics

NOTE - I don't want to evolve any of my Pokémon, but I might consider evolving my Pansear if it would be beneficial.

I'm just before the last gym and I would like an evaluation of my team and I need help finding a suitable 6th team member. I'm on White, and have played Black twice in the past without much success with the E4, as my teams are always hopeless... :( I know nothing whatsoever about EVs or IVs or natures, so if you have any tips or anything, they would be more than welcome!

Gurdurr - Lv. 32
Exp. Share
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Rock Slide
Low Kick

Tranquill - Lv. 33
Everstone
Fly
Roost
Air Cutter
Air Slash

Pansear - Lv. 33
Rocky Helmet
Acrobatics
Flame Burst
Bite
Incinerate

Dewott - Lv. 40
Mystic Water
Water Pledge
Razor Shell
Revenge
Surf

Emolga - Lv. 41
No Item
Light Screen
Shock Wave
Electro Ball
Acrobatics

NOTE - I don't want to evolve any of my Pokémon, but I might consider evolving my Pansear if it would be beneficial.

When you are done all the training you need for Gurdurr you should consider giving it eviolite. Out of everyone on your team it can abuse it best. Will become very physically defensive bulky. If you are before the last gym you should try to catch an ice type for it if you can for your 6 poke.

Thanks very much! I'll start looking for a Beartic or a Cubchoo. I'm also wondering, should I train a Pawniard/Bisharp for the E4 or have you got any better ideas? Is it worth evolving my Pansear?

EDIT: Also, could I please have an evaluation of my Diamond team for the E4? I haven't played for a while and it has a lot of room for improvement.

Staraptor - Lv.46
Exp. Share
Aerial Ace
Fly
Close Combat
Wing Attack

Floatzel - Lv. 47
No item
Surf
Rock Smash
Crunch
Waterfall

Monferno - Lv. 47
No item
Rock Climb
Shadow Claw
Close Combat
Flame Wheel

Roserade - Lv. 48
Big Root
Giga Drain
Mega Drain
Ingrain
Cut

Luxray - Lv. 50
Magnet
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Strength
Crunch

Dialga - Lv. 53
Adamant Orb
Metal Claw
Ancient Power
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

Yeah, they mainly fail in terms of moves, especially the ones with HMs... I can get through Aaron and Bertha all right, and Flint isn't too difficult but Lucian is currently impossible. Anyone know where the move deleter is in Sinnoh? Which items should I give my Pokémon?

Last edited:

evolve monferno and get a little more coverage on staraptor. i don't remember the levels very well, so a nice round 50 might be good on all of them.

Please Rate My Team

I JUST NOTICED I CREATED AN UNNECESARY NEW THREAD! SORRY! COULD A PROFESSIONAL MOVE THIS INTO THE IN-GAME TEAMS STICKY?

I know that Mew is illegal in most tourneys, but here's my team on RED. I have never entered a tournament before, and I am still constructing this team.

1. Rhydon
-Horn Drill
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Fury Attack

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Fly
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Roar
-Take Down
-Hyper Beam
-Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
-Aurora Beam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Substitute

6. Mew
-Transform
-Psychic
-Tri Attack
-Explosion

Last edited:
Re: Please Rate My Team

Oh a Old - Red version team.

I first change Rhydon Fury Attack for Body Slam, Horn Drill are banned so i put Rock Slide; in Zapdos i try with Drill Peck for Sky Attack or Fly, Arcanine Body Slam > Take Down, and Venusaur > Vileplume, better in all maybe you can use a Alakazam or Gengar for the banned Mew.

salutes

I still want to keep Vileplume, but I used a lot of your ideas, jaamoon. Thanks. Here is my edited team:

1. Rhydon
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Body Slam

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Drill Peck
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Roar
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
-Aurora Beam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Substitute

6. Alakazam
-Confusion
-Psychic
-Tri Attack
-Explosion

I still want to keep Vileplume, but I used a lot of your ideas, jaamoon. Thanks. Here is my edited team:

1. Rhydon
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Body Slam

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Drill Peck
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Roar
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
-Aurora Beam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Substitute

6. Alakazam
-Confusion
-Psychic
-Tri Attack
-Explosion

what?

1. Rhydon
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Body Slam

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Drill Peck
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Roar
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
-Aurora Beam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Substitute

6. Alakazam
-Confusion
-Psychic
-Tri Attack
-Explosion

All bolded moves need changing.

Thanks, a0161613. Here it is:

1. Rhydon
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Strength
-Body Slam

2. Zapdos
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-Sky Attack
-Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
-Ember
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Mega Drain
-Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
-Ice Beam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Spike Cannon

6. Alakazam
-Recover
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Swift

Still not sure you need two STABs on Alakazam, Arcanine and Cloyster. And Swift on Alakazam cant be any good. I'm not sure on the physical/special typings in the Gen 1 games though.

So far, my team is just:
Servine (Snake) lvl28
Slam
Mega Drain
Leaf Tornado
Vine Whip

Drilbur (Mole) lvl25
Dig
Fury Swipes
Metal Claw
Hone Claws

The rest of my team will be:
Archen
Cubchoo
Mienfoo
Deino

I know Deino evolves late, but I'll probably switch it out in the final battles for Reshiram

Re: Do these Teams seem Good?

This team is for the in-game not competitive battling + this team has not been used yet!!
Simisage-Gluttony
Moves:Seed Bomb Acrobatics Grass Knot Brick Break
Emboar-Blaze
Moves:Flamethrower Heat Crash Strength Brick Break
Seismitoad-Poison Touch
Moves:Surf Hydro Pump Toxic Bulldoze/Earthquake
Swoobat/Unfezant-Unaware/Super Luck
Moves Swoobat:psychic Heart Stamp Air Slash Fly Moves Unfezant:Air Slash Fly Razor Wind Ariel Ace
Galvantula-Compound Eyes
Moves:Wild Charge Thunderbolt Discharge Electroweb
Scolipede/Zoroark-Poison Point/Illusion
Moves Scolipede:Steamroller Venoshock Toxic X-Scissor Moves Zoroark:Night Slash Agility Shadow Ball Shadow Claw
Plz nothing rude!Plus I'll get the Zoroark from trades :) remember NOT for competitive.

This team is for the in-game not competitive battling + this team has not been used yet!!
Simisage-Gluttony
Moves:Seed Bomb Acrobatics Grass Knot Brick Break
Emboar-Blaze
Moves:Flamethrower Heat Crash Strength Brick Break
Seismitoad-Poison Touch
Moves:Surf Hydro Pump Toxic Bulldoze/Earthquake
Swoobat/Unfezant-Unaware/Super Luck
Moves Swoobat:psychic Heart Stamp Air Slash Fly Moves Unfezant:Air Slash Fly Razor Wind Ariel Ace
Galvantula-Compound Eyes
Moves:Wild Charge Thunderbolt Discharge Electroweb
Scolipede/Zoroark-Poison Point/Illusion
Moves Scolipede:Steamroller Venoshock Toxic X-Scissor Moves Zoroark:Night Slash Agility Shadow Ball Shadow Claw
Plz nothing rude!Plus I'll get the Zoroark from trades :) remember NOT for competitive.

I think Lilligant or Sawsbuck (and one hundred pokemons) are better than simisage

I put Wild Charge and Earthquake on Emboar for cover more types, with heat crash/flare blitz and Superpower/Brick break

Same in Seismitoad, Surf or hydro pump, not the two and EarthPower-Sludge Wave-Grass knot maybe

i think Braviary its better option than unfezant/swoobat, with brave bird, u-turn, return/retaliate and superpower

Galvantula need bug type move for stab, bug buzz, and maybe energi ball for cover more, and Thunder; thunder > thunderbolt, with compound eyes

I personally like Zoroark use Nasty Plot in the illusion turn, and the other three moves can be Dark Pulse Sucker Punch or Night Daze for stab, and Flamethrower/grass knot/u-turn/focus blast, at your choise

not for competitive ok? :)

hello all. I am building doubles team for the blcak subway and I would like some tips and feedback on whether these poke's are a good team.

Ferrothorn
@rocky helmet
252 hp/232 def 20 S Def
curse
toxic
power whip
explosion

Dragonite
@leftovers
252 att/ S Def (he has 304 at 100 with a helpful nature)
T wave
aerial ace
roost/D Dance
outrage

Gyarados
@expert belt
252 att/252 speed
D Dance
Ice fang
earthquake
waterfall

Lucario
@choice scarf or life orb
252 S att/252 spd
Aura shpere
psychic
dark pulse
flah cannon

thanx if you rate and give me tips because as far as strategy goes, I am pretty noobish.

Back
Top Bottom