• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: Pokemon Soul silver Speed run Help!

With Chikorita, I usually go for Lapras (obliterates Lance with Ice Beam), Fearow (handy for Bruno because of Drill Peck), Ampharos (Discharge+Signal Beam = Will's team defeated), and Heracross (Brick Break for Whitney's Miltank, and can be taught Shadow Claw to beat Morty and Earthquake for some of Koga's pokemon). The sixth team member is different everytime, although I normally go for a Fire type such as Ninetales, or Umbreon.

Good luck on your speed run!

With Chikorita, I usually go for Lapras (obliterates Lance with Ice Beam), Fearow (handy for Bruno because of Drill Peck), Ampharos (Discharge+Signal Beam = Will's team defeated), and Heracross (Brick Break for Whitney's Miltank, and can be taught Shadow Claw to beat Morty and Earthquake for some of Koga's pokemon). The sixth team member is different everytime, although I normally go for a Fire type such as Ninetales, or Umbreon.

Good luck on your speed run!

Thanks for the help. but i was thinking isnt pidgeot a better choise? because of the slow grow rate of spearow and the faster growth rate of pidgey. and believe me that counts. but where can you find lapras? i thought you can get it in union cave on fridays only? and it is from wendsday to friday. so lapras isnt really a option here maybe a quagsire?

I was never bothered by the slow growth rate of Spearow - it always seemed pretty fast to me. I have nothing against Pidgey, so if it's got a faster experiance growth rate, then use it.

You can find Lapras in Union Cave on Fridays, but only after you beat Morty. You also have a ~17.92% (according to the Johto Safari Zone article on Bulbapedia) chance of finding Lapras in the Safari Zone... the Rocky Beach area, if you surf in the water. Quagsire's a good alternate choice, but obtaining an Ice Beam TM is 10,000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner. There's also Piloswine or Dewgong, they learn Ice type moves via level up.

I was never bothered by the slow growth rate of Spearow - it always seemed pretty fast to me. I have nothing against Pidgey, so if it's got a faster experiance growth rate, then use it.

You can find Lapras in Union Cave on Fridays, but only after you beat Morty. You also have a ~17.92% (according to the Johto Safari Zone article on Bulbapedia) chance of finding Lapras in the Safari Zone... the Rocky Beach area, if you surf in the water. Quagsire's a good alternate choice, but obtaining an Ice Beam TM is 10,000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner. There's also Piloswine or Dewgong, they learn Ice type moves via level up.
and it says that pidgeot is better then fearow here: Fearow and Pidgeot Compared i was also thinking about noctowl maybe?

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

I play an emulator and have games, so I can't choose.... I will go with my current Blue team.

Charizard Level 46 Dig, Slash, Ember, Flamethrower
Victrebell Level 46 Razor Leaf, Toxic, Wrap, Solar Beam
Poliwrath Level 46 Surf, Submission, Ice Beam, Body Slam
Kangaskhan Level 46 Strength, Double Edge, Submission, Earthquake
Dugtrio Level 46 Dig, Sand-Attack, Slash, Rock Slide (Sand-Attack will be replaced by Earthquake)
Jolteon Level 46 Double Kick, Thunderbolt, Swift, Quick Attack (Swift and Quick Attack will be replaced by Pin Missile and Thunder)

So that is all for now. I will post more later.

So i am busy with my soul silver ingame my team is now: Bayleef, Heracross, Pidgeotto, Mareep and evee. i am nog training for that ghost gym. So i wantedd to ask in whic pokemo should i evolve evee?(umbreon or espeon) and what a good water type for the beggining(to switch later wit gyrados)

So i am busy with my soul silver ingame my team is now: Bayleef, Heracross, Pidgeotto, Mareep and evee. i am nog training for that ghost gym. So i wantedd to ask in whic pokemo should i evolve evee?(umbreon or espeon) and what a good water type for the beggining(to switch later wit gyrados)

For the Eevee question, I'd personally go with Espeon but that's your choice really.

As for a Water Pokemon, Wooper/Quagsire and Poliwag/Poliwhirl are good and available pretty early in the game.

For the Eevee question, I'd personally go with Espeon but that's your choice really.

As for a Water Pokemon, Wooper/Quagsire and Poliwag/Poliwhirl are good and available pretty early in the game.

Yeah but i also need a pokemon that can learn ice moves by itself...maybe dewgong with aurora beam..

Yeah but i also need a pokemon that can learn ice moves by itself...maybe dewgong with aurora beam..

Yes, or you can get a Lapras in the Union Cave on a Friday (you can reset your DS's time and date to Friday if you're impatient). It learns Ice Beam and Ice Shard by level up, which is very helpful.

Yes, or you can get a Lapras in the Union Cave on a Friday (you can reset your DS's time and date to Friday if you're impatient). It learns Ice Beam and Ice Shard by level up, which is very helpful.

mhh maybe but i am on a practise speed run and i am trying to make a proper team. And i dont have time to go ALLLLL the way back unioncave and catch lapras. Well anyway thanks for your help!!

Rate my pokemon trick room team plz? (if this is in the wrong area, plz move it)

bronzong: Trick room, hidden power ice, grass knot, earthquake (tank) (backup trick roomer)

snorlax: earthquake, thunder, crunch, fire blast (tank)

mienshao: High jump kick, stone edge, hidden power ice, aerial ace (shes here to do damage incase my trick roomers die) (physical sweeper)

reuniclus: trick room, shadow ball, psychic, recover (special sweeper) (trick roomer)

forretress: toxic spikes, spikes, rapid spin, volt switch (physical wall) (spiker)

Blissey: seismic toss, softboil, flamethrower, toxic (special wall)

* I don't have ev's, iv's, natures, or items ready yet, so plz give me ideas on those, ps I will not change mienshao XD, so plz rate this on what I have so far plz*

@ezradunyon ; I'm assuming this is in-game so moved it here. Make sure to read the rules so you'll know what goes where in the future.

Hi, I'm playing Emerald right now and need advice on my Elite Four team. I have five stable members and a variety of random Pokes that I've leveled up to almost my minimum for entering the league (I'd prefer all of them to be at least 60). I need to know who my final member should be (it doesn't necessarily have to be one of the random Pokes I've leveled up; I can use a new one, too). I also want to know any changes you'd have in mind for their movesets (their movesets are in no way permanent and HMs are mainly there for me to get through Victory Road. I'll mark the ones I'm pretty sure I'll keep no matter what), and suggested items as well. Here are my Pokemon:

* = I'll probably keep the move when I revamp their movesets

Swampert - lv 61 - Torrent - Docile - holding Mystic Water

Surf*
Earthquake*
Muddy Water
Waterfall

Breloom - lv 61 - Effect Spore - Adamant - holding Focus Band

Sky Uppercut*
Cut
Headbutt*
Mega Drain

Manectric - lv 61 - Static - Hardy - holding Magnet

Bite*
Strength
Thunderbolt*
Thunder

Crobat - lv 60 - Inner Focus - Mild - holding Shell Bell

Fly
Poison Fang*
Air Cutter*
Steel Wing*

Gardevoir - lv 60 - Synchronize - Jolly - holding Lax Incense

Psychic*
Confusion
Dream Eater*
Hypnosis*

Some of my sixth-member options (but keep in mind these are not the only Pokemon I'm considering using - I'll take any suggestions):

Walrein - lv 44 - Thick Fat - Hardy

Aurora Beam
Waterfall
Rock Slide*
Body Slam*

Crawdaunt - lv 53 - Shell Armor - Serious

Rock Smash
Body Slam*
Crabhammer*
Bubblebeam

Exploud - lv 48 - Soundproof - Impish - holding Quick Claw

Rock Smash
Uproar
Stomp*
Hyper Beam

Aggron - lv 42 - Rock Head - Jolly

Take Down*
Rock Smash
Iron Tail*
Headbutt

Salamence - lv 50 - Intimidate - Jolly

Crunch*
Dragon Claw*
Dragonbreath

Camerupt (2 of them - I was training for egg move purposes, when I realized I was training the wrong gender) - lv 33/34 - Magma Armor - Jolly/Hardy

Rock Smash
Rock Slide*
Ember
Magnitude

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Another question, this time for White 2: Who should I go with - Zubat (eventually Crobat), or Woobat (Eventually Swoobat)? Woobat's stats are better than Zubat's, but Crobat's are better than Swoobat's. The amount of moves of theirs that I like is about equal. But I like Swoobat's type matchup a teensy bit more. Which type matchup would be more useful in the long run? Who should I go with?

BW2 Team Help!

Hey Forum! I'm three badges into White 2 and was wondering if my team could improve:
Dewott
Crobat
Lucario
Whirlipede
Flaaffy
(all level 25)

I was thinking about a Flareon or a Darumaka for my 6th member, but I'm not sure. All comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My current team in Black 2 is:

Dewott (Osharlock) Lv. 30
Lucario (Centurio) Lv. 30
Growlithe (Wind) Lv. 30
Espeon (Psy) Lv. 30
Trapinch (Terra) Lv. 30
Leavanny (Leafara) Lv. 29
Mincinno (Chilla) Lv. 30
Crobat (Fang) Lv. 30

I have 4 badges right now, and I plan on replacing Leafara with a Joltik. I may replace or add more pokemon to my rotation, but I'm just winging it.

Need help! Team suck :(

Hello:

My current team is. Zoroark, Pignite, Lucario, Vibrava, and Jolteon. All are level 35 and have standard move sets.
My team is bad now I lose a lot. I was having a hard time beating gym leader Clay because ground-type killed both my lucario and pignite and my Jolteon was useless. Please help me get new team. Pokemon black 2. Thank you

I really like Lucario :) and would like to keep him in team.

Back
Top Bottom