• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

I've just started Black 2, and chosen Snivy. I want to run with all Unova Pokémon, so the following is what my eventual team will have. Any recommendations for moves are welcome. :)

Serperior
Ability: Overgrow, Nature: Modest
Moves: Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Leech Seed, Toxic

Crustle
Ability: Shell Armor, Nature: Adamant
Moves: X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Aerial Ace

Galvantula
Ability: Compoundeyes, Nature: Modest
Moves: Bug Buzz, Thunder, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave

Jellicent
Ability: Cursed Body, Nature: Modest
Moves: Surf, Hex, Ice Beam, Toxic

Carracosta
Ability: Solid Rock, Nature: Adamant
Moves: Waterfall, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Aqua Jet

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist, Nature: Jolly
Moves: Stone Edge, Fly, Earthquake, Dragon Claw

I've just started Black 2, and chosen Snivy. I want to run with all Unova Pokémon, so the following is what my eventual team will have. Any recommendations for moves are welcome. :)

Serperior
Ability: Overgrow, Nature: Modest
Moves: Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Leech Seed, Toxic

Crustle

Galvantula

Jellicent
Moves: Surf, Hex, Ice Beam, Toxic

Carracosta
Ability: Solid Rock, Nature: Adamant
Moves: Waterfall, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Aqua Jet

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist, Nature: Jolly
Moves: Stone Edge, Fly, Earthquake, Dragon Claw

The movesets look pretty good. You'll probably have to trade Tirtouga and Archen over from B/W though since you can't get those two until after the E4 in Black 2.

The movesets look pretty good. You'll probably have to trade Tirtouga and Archen over from B/W though since you can't get those two until after the E4 in Black 2.

I got up to Virbank Gym with that team and decided to change them after I remembered how limited Snivy's moveset was (I originally chose Snivy because Dragon Pulse would've made it so much more useful for Iris). What do you think of the new team (I have them all in their base forms, but this is how they'll work out eventually)...

Flygon
Ability: Levitate, Nature: Adamant
Moves: Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch, ThunderPunch

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body, Nature: Bold
Moves: Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Giga Drain, Fly

Crustle

Galvantula

Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs, Nature: Brave
Moves: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, Toxic

Jellicent
Moves: Surf, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Waterfall

Last edited:

I plan on starting a new file on Black 2 in the future. Can anyone rate the team I've selected, and help with the last slot?

Fearow (Fly, Drill Run, Drill Peck, Assurance/U-Turn)
Weezing (Sludge Bomb, Assurance, Flamethrower, Gyro Ball)
Lilligant (Giga Drain, Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Toxic)
Crustle (X-Scissor, Rock Wrecker, Shell Smash, Earthquake)
Zoroark (Night Slash/Night Daze, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast/U-Turn)

I need help deciding a sixth slot, and it has to be a Water type. I've narrowed it down to either Golduck, Vaporeon, Floatzel, or Starmie. Any suggestions?

I plan on starting a new file on Black 2 in the future. Can anyone rate the team I've selected, and help with the last slot?

I need help deciding a sixth slot, and it has to be a Water type. I've narrowed it down to either Golduck, Vaporeon, Floatzel, or Starmie. Any suggestions?

Starmie, by a very long way. Fast, strong, awesome-looking, versatile and has a lot of coverage. Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt and that purple hero is unstoppable.

Starmie, by a very long way. Fast, strong, awesome-looking, versatile and has a lot of coverage. Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt and that purple hero is unstoppable.

I've never used Starmie before @Keasbey;, so I will definitely consider it! Which of its abilities is better, Illuminate or Natural Cure?

Which of its abilities is better, Illuminate or Natural Cure?

Natural Cure, by far. Every time you switch out or a battle ends, status conditions are cured. Illuminate has no effect in battle, all it does is increase wild Pokémon encounter rate by 200%.

Which of its abilities is better, Illuminate or Natural Cure?

Natural Cure, by far. Every time you switch out or a battle ends, status conditions are cured. Illuminate has no effect in battle, all it does is increase wild Pokémon encounter rate by 200%.

... O.O oh my I'm definitely going with Natural Cure.

Azelf @ Focus Sash/Leviate

Taunt
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Psychic

Scizor @ Life Orb/Technician

Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Aerial Ace/Brick Break
U-turn

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb/Poison Heal

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang/Fire Fang

Kingdra @ something/Swift Swim

Surf
Ice Beam
Draco Meteor
HP Grass

Haxorus @ Choice Band/Lum Berry / Mold Breaker

Outrage
Brick Break
---------
--------- (Choice Band???)

Chandelure @ Choice Specs/ Flash Fire (still no Shadow Tag...)

Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Psychic
HP Grass

Azelf/Kingdra/Chandelure use typical Special Sweeper Build (252 SAtk, 252 Speed, Modest)
Scizor/Gliscor/Haxorus use typical Physical Sweeper Build (252 Atk, 252 Speed, Adamant)

What do you think?
ALSO, should I change Kingdra with Starmie (Psychic instead of Meteor)?
Or somes Natures with Jolly/Timid

So, I've decided that while I still have my current savefile, I want to try and get one of those challenge medels. As in, defeat the E4 with a single Pokemon type. I've chosen Dragon to start with. Can anyone look at the team I've assembled and give some pointers?

Haxorus (Shiny)
- Female
- Adamant (Somewhat vain)
- Mold Breaker
- Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, X-Scissor, Earthquake (Current moves)
- I'll be replacing Dragon Claw with Outrage soon

Seadra (Will evolve into Kingdra soon)
- Female
- Lax (Capable of taking hits)
- Sniper
- Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam (Current moves)
- I definitely want to replace Dragon Dance, but I'm not sure with what move. Hydro Pump will likely be replaced with Surf.

Dragonite
- Male
- Jolly (Quick to flee)
- Inner Focus
- Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Wing Attack, Thunder Wave (Current moves)
- Thunder Wave is staying. I will replace Dragon Rush with Outrage once it levels up a bit.

Druddigon
- Female
- Lonely (Likes to fight)
- Rough Skin
- Shadow Claw, Revenge, Night Slash, Outrage (Current moves)
- Should I replace Revenge with Superpower?

Hydreigon
- Female
- Relaxed (Scatters things often)
- Levitate
- Dragon Pulse, Toxic, Fly, Body Slam (Current moves)
- I'm keeping Dragon Pulse, but I might go with Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and another move that I can't decide on.

I have Kyurem as my final slot (Impish, Somewhat vain; Pressure; Scary Face, Glaciate, Dragon Claw, Imprison), but should I replace it with Flygon?

Last edited:

@FallenIdol_453;

Kingdra: if you're set on replacing Dragon Dance, there isn't really much it has attacking-wise. Only Signal Beam adds to its coverage, but I don't know if you want that. Other options would be Yawn or maybe Agility to boost your speed more than Dragon Dance would, which could be helpful. Or you could go for Draco Meteor for situations where you might need a lot of power to quickly take something out.

Dragonite: Are you sure you want to keep Wing Attack? I would go for Fly instead if you're going with a flying type move

Druddigon: It's not really going to outspeed anything anyway so I'd keep Revenge to avoid the stat decrease that comes with Superpower. You'd be getting the same amount of power. Shadow Claw or Night Slash are pretty much the same move so I'd replace one of them with Earthquake, Rock Slide or Aqua Tail for added coverage.

Hydreigon: Dark Pulse or Surf.

I'm starting White 2, and this is my possible planned team:

Serperior (Overgrow) - Coil/Calm Mind, Leaf Blade/Giga Drain, Outrage/Dragon Pulse, ???

Excadrill (Sand Force) - Sandstorm, Drill Run, Rock Slide, Iron Head

Braviary (Defiant) - Fly, Crush Claw, Shadow Claw, Super Power

Chandelure or Darmanitan

Ampharos or Magnezone

Golduck or Starmie

I haven't quite decided on the last three, any suggestions?

Serperior (Overgrow) - Coil/Calm Mind, Leaf Blade/Giga Drain, Outrage/Dragon Pulse, ???

Chandelure or Darmanitan

Ampharos or Magnezone

Golduck or Starmie

For Serperior, I would choose: Coil, Leaf Blade, Outrage, Aqua Tail. Coil is better for Serperior than Calm Mind, and you don't get the TM for it until post-game. Plus, it raises Accuracy, a rare stat, so it would work better, while Aqua Tail could provide coverage against Fire-types.

Excadrill looks fine, but Sandstorm might clash with your other members, as only Excadrill (and Magenzone, if you choose it) are immune to it. I would go more with Swords Dance or Hone Claws, both of which Excadrill learns naturally. But that's your call.

Braviary is okay. Fly is a must-have, but think about Return instead of Crush Claw, especially later down the road. While Crush Claw lowers the opponent's Defense, Return can deliver major damage when it's super happy, as the base power will be 102, instead of Crush Claw's 75, which would pack a bigger punch. Shadow Claw isn't needed, think about Rock Slide instead, giving type coverage and a surprise attack. Superpower is too risky, unless you had something like Bulk Up to counter the stat decrease, which you can't get until post-game. Give it Brave Bird, and give it a Leftovers to somewhat compensate for the HP loss (plus, with Braviary's high HP, the loss will be minor and recovery will very high). Giga Impact is another move to consider, especially for those "I gotta deal a lot of damage right now" type situations, but that's much later down the road, so it's not required.

I'd go with Shandelure. While it isn't very fast, it packs a huge punch, and you already have three Pokemon who excel in Physical strength. For moves: Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic (all of which can be obtained during main game play), maybe throw on a Quick Claw for a first-strike chance. While Darmanitan is very powerful, again, you already have three Mons with Physical prowess, so you need a Special hitter for those high-defense enemies.

Magnezone is better than Ampharos. With all those resistances and one immunity, it can be very helpful. Although slow, it still holds its own. Also, Ampharos is much more limited in moves (though Magnezone is somewhat as well, it at least has more diversity). Catch one with Sturdy, and Magnet Pull is only helpful in finding Steel-types, especially with that 4x weakness to Ground moves. For moves; Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise (for a temporary Ground immunity), and Signal Beam for coverage. Other moves to consider are Tri-Attack (before evolving it), Barrier, Thunder Wave, and Charge Beam.

Starmie is, by far, better than Golduck. It's a speed demon, has great Special Attack, very good defenses, and a great type combo. Get one with Natural Cure, as Illuminate is useless. For moves: Thunderbolt, Surf, Psychic, and Ice Beam are all you need, making it a one Mon wrecking crew.

Hopefully that helped.

Chandelure or Darmanitan

Ampharos or Magnezone

Golduck or Starmie

For Serperior, I would choose: Coil, Leaf Blade, Outrage, Aqua Tail. Coil is better for Serperior than Calm Mind, and you don't get the TM for it until post-game. Plus, it raises Accuracy, a rare stat, so it would work better, while Aqua Tail could provide coverage against Fire-types.

Excadrill looks fine, but Sandstorm might clash with your other members, as only Excadrill (and Magenzone, if you choose it) are immune to it. I would go more with Swords Dance or Hone Claws, both of which Excadrill learns naturally. But that's your call.

Braviary is okay. Fly is a must-have, but think about Return instead of Crush Claw, especially later down the road. While Crush Claw lowers the opponent's Defense, Return can deliver major damage when it's super happy, as the base power will be 102, instead of Crush Claw's 75, which would pack a bigger punch. Shadow Claw isn't needed, think about Rock Slide instead, giving type coverage and a surprise attack. Superpower is too risky, unless you had something like Bulk Up to counter the stat decrease, which you can't get until post-game. Give it Brave Bird, and give it a Leftovers to somewhat compensate for the HP loss (plus, with Braviary's high HP, the loss will be minor and recovery will very high). Giga Impact is another move to consider, especially for those "I gotta deal a lot of damage right now" type situations, but that's much later down the road, so it's not required.

I'd go with Shandelure. While it isn't very fast, it packs a huge punch, and you already have three Pokemon who excel in Physical strength. For moves: Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic (all of which can be obtained during main game play), maybe throw on a Quick Claw for a first-strike chance. While Darmanitan is very powerful, again, you already have three Mons with Physical prowess, so you need a Special hitter for those high-defense enemies.

Magnezone is better than Ampharos. With all those resistances and one immunity, it can be very helpful. Although slow, it still holds its own. Also, Ampharos is much more limited in moves (though Magnezone is somewhat as well, it at least has more diversity). Catch one with Sturdy, and Magnet Pull is only helpful in finding Steel-types, especially with that 4x weakness to Ground moves. For moves; Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise (for a temporary Ground immunity), and Signal Beam for coverage. Other moves to consider are Tri-Attack (before evolving it), Barrier, Thunder Wave, and Charge Beam.

Starmie is, by far, better than Golduck. It's a speed demon, has great Special Attack, very good defenses, and a great type combo. Get one with Natural Cure, as Illuminate is useless. For moves: Thunderbolt, Surf, Psychic, and Ice Beam are all you need, making it a one Mon wrecking crew.

Hopefully that helped.

Thanks for the input ;)

I agree completely with Serperior, so I'll go with the physical set. Aqua Tail should be good. I wasn't sure whether to give it Aqua Tail or Leech Seed for the physical set.

I'm thinking that as long as I get Magnezone, then Excadrill will keep Sandstorm so it'll get some use of its ability.

As for Braviary, I feel like I kind of need Super Power because my team lacks the Fighting type :( The only other mon to cover it is Darmanitan. I was thinking that if I got Chandelure, then I'd have to keep Superpower to have a Fighting type move somewhere. Or if I don't get Chandelure, then I need some kind of Dark/Ghost, so Shadow Claw.

Still not sure on this one... I want that fighting type coverage, but Chandelure is better overall. So I guess Chandelure, but I need a way to get better Fighting coverage if I do get Chandelure.

Will probably get Magnezone with Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam, and Magnet Rise or Thunderwave. ;)

I'll get a Starmie, but until I obtain one in Undella, I'll be using Golduck. When I get Starmie, I'm thinking of the moveset: Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam. For the 4th move though, I'm leaning towards either Power Gem, Minimize, or Confuse Ray.

So as of now, it's:

Serperior - Coil, Leaf Blade, Outrage, Aqua Tail
Excadrill - Sandstorm, Drill Run, Iron Head, Brick Break
Magnezone - Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam, Magnet Rise/Thunderwave
Starmie - Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam, and maybe Power Gem?
Braviary - Fly, Giga Impact, Rock Slide, ???
Chandelure - Flamethrower, Shadowball, Energy Ball, and maybe Psychic.

Thanks, you helped :) I'm still a bit iffy on my Fire type and Braviary's moves because of the lack of Fighting and Dark/Ghost on the rest of my team.

EDIT: Okay, I think I know what I'll do for Fighting. I'll remove Rock Slide from Excadrill and give it Brick Break. Then I'll just give Rock Slide to Braviary. I edited the team above some.

Last edited:

This is my team in Black 2 Version, which I just entered the hall of fame with:

-Espeon Lv.62 (Magic Bounce)with Focus Sash
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Morning Sun
Swift(needs change)

-Metagross Lv.62 (Clear Body)with Wide Lens
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Bullet Punch
Earthquake

-Gothitelle Lv.62 (Frisk)with Expert Belt
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Hidden Power(fire)

-Slowking Lv.62 (Oblivious)with Leftovers
Psychic
Surf
Flamethrower
Trick Room

-Sigilyph Lv.62 (Magic Gaurd) with Sitrus Berry
Cosmic Power
Stored Power
Flash Cannon
Roost

-Wobbuffet Lv.64 (Shadow Tag)with Leftovers
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard(should this be replaced with encore?)
Destiny Bond

This is my rebooted Platinum team that I started for the JFF Battles group. The Mons (or most of them) are based off the story character Geo (which is also the trainer name I'm using here) that I've been writing about in the "Battle From the Heart" series, though, obviously, I'm a lot further down in the game than in the story. Anyway, this has both the main team and reserves. Also, my current position is just after raiding Team Galactic's HQ (just before the Spear Pillar event).

Main Team:

Torterra (Razor)
-Male
-Lv 56
-Overgrow
-Leftovers
-Hasty (Proud of its power)
-Crunch, Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Swords Dance

Infernape (Hotshot)
-Male
-Lv 53
-Blaze
-Fist Plate
-Bashful (Good endurance)
-Vacuum Wave, Shadow Claw, ThunderPunch, Flamethrower

Gastrodon (East Sea, Tidal)
-Male
-Lv 51
-Storm Drain
-Quick Claw
-Calm (Somewhat stubborn)
-Water Pulse, Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake

Gardevoir (Lora)
-Female
-Lv 53
-Trace
-Wise Glasses
-Serious (Capable of taking hits)
-Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind

Staraptor (Hawk)
-Male
-Lv 52
-Intimidate
-Iron Plate
-Docile (Loves to eat)
-Steel Wing, Fly, Return, Close Combat

Garchomp (Jetfang)
-Male
-Lv 52
-Sand Veil
-Shell Bell
-Jolly (Alert to sounds)
-Brick Break, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Earthquake

Reserves:

Luxray (Pride)
-Female
-Lv 50
-Intimidate
-Metronome (may replace)
-Gentle (Strong willed)
-Spark, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch

Lucario (Noble)
-Male
-Lv 50
-Inner Focus
-King's Rock
-Sassy (Alert to sounds)
-Water Pulse, Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere, Stone Edge

Yanmega (Zipstrike)
-Male
-Lv 50
-Tinted Lens
-Hard Stone
-Modest (Likes to relax)
-Air Cutter, Silver Wind, AncientPower, Psychic

Gliscor (Striker)
-Male
-Lv 50
-Hyper Cutter
-Insect Plate
-Sassy (Quick to flee)
-Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Dig, X-Scissor

Buizel (Jet)
-Male
-Lv 50
-Swift Swim
-Stone Plate
-Jolly (Loves to eat)
-Aqua Jet, Rock Tomb, Ice Punch, Brick Break

Spiritomb (Raider)
-Female
-Lv 32 (needs work, I know)
-Pressure
-No item (yet)
-Docile (Strongly defiant)
-Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater, Hypnosis

That's the whole team. Spiritomb needs work, so she's my focus right now. I was thinking of giving her Dark Pulse, Psychic, and Nasty Plot/Calm Mind, depending on what would work best. Also, Yanmega will have Silver Wind and Air Cutter replaced with Bug Buzz and Air Slash when I get them. And Buizel stays as is, since I find it cooler than Floatzel, although it can learn more moves as an end result. And in case you are wondering how I have access to multiples of many TMs (Brick Break, Earthquake, Psychic, and Stone Edge, in particular), it's because I'm using my past games, where I horded items like mad, to gather up materials for this one. It's a habit I have; gather as much as I can and then distribute it around when needed. And in relation to the writings I'm doing, only Gastrodon and Gliscor are not in them (but, as I'm still in the early stages, that might change). How does this team look to you guys? And suggestions or thoughts?

I've got a team that I'm currently challenging the White Treehollow in W2 with (this team also made it through to the Hall of Fame minus one member):

Laika/Gardevoir@Lucky Egg
Female
Level 46
Calm nature
Ability: Telepathy
Calm Mind, Psychic, Imprison, Future Sight
Notes: I caught her in Dream Radar, so the moves she has currently are the moves she had when I caught her.

Amelia/Drapion@Shell Bell
Female
Level 54
Adamant nature
Ability: Sniper
Crunch, Poison Fang, Bulldoze, Toxic Spikes
Notes: I have Toxic Spikes on her for the sheer fact that it's useful, and Bulldoze is handy for those pesky fire and electric-types (since I don't actually have a water or a ground on my team).

Doctor/Skarmory@Smoke Ball
Male
Level 54
Adamant nature
Ability: Sturdy
Fly, Spikes, Night Slash, Steel Wing
Notes: He's my flier, and I have Spikes on him for the same reason I kept Toxic Spikes on Amelia. (Yes, they both take their names from Doctor Who. I even caught Doctor in a Timer Ball, which I found hilarious.)

Katarion/Emboar@Charcoal
Male
Level 56
Jolly nature
Ability: Blaze
Flamethrower, Scald, Heat Crash, Head Smash
Notes: His higher stat is obviously Attack, so I'm not all too sure why I still have special moves on him, but... Scald is pretty much the only one that's ever come in remotely useful. And I don't like Head Smash all too much because of the recoil damage, but that's neither here nor there.

Castoriyan/Electivire@Leftovers
Male
Level 57
Hardy nature
Ability: Motor Drive
Light Screen, Thunder, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch
Notes: Ice Punch is there to take care of dragons, and Light Screen has basically saved me a billion times, so I kept that as well. His attack stat is higher than Katarion's, which is what I'm liking a lot (that's probably why I mainly stick to using special attacks on Katarion, even though that's probably really stupid).

Genesect/Genesect@Scope Lens
Genderless
Level 66
Modest nature
Ability: Download
Tri Attack, Magnet Bomb, X-Scissor, Bug Buzz
Notes: Genesect is easily the star of the team considering the fact that I've relied on it so much, but I want to break this habit because the other members are pretty much getting neglected in favor of Genesect.

Any thoughts would be lovely :D

Last edited:

I've got a team that I'm currently challenging the White Treehollow in W2 with (this team also made it through to the Hall of Fame minus one member):

Female
Level 46
Calm nature
Notes: I caught her in Dream Radar, so the moves she has currently are the moves she had when I caught her.

Female
Level 54
Adamant nature
Notes: I have Toxic Spikes on her for the sheer fact that it's useful, and Bulldoze is handy for those pesky fire and electric-types (since I don't actually have a water or a ground on my team).

Male
Level 54
Adamant nature
Notes: He's my flier, and I have Spikes on him for the same reason I kept Toxic Spikes on Amelia. (Yes, they both take their names from Doctor Who. I even caught Doctor in a Timer Ball, which I found hilarious.)

Katarion/Emboar@Charcoal
Male
Level 56
Jolly nature
Notes: His higher stat is obviously Attack, so I'm not all too sure why I still have special moves on him, but... Scald is pretty much the only one that's ever come in remotely useful. And I don't like Head Smash all too much because of the recoil damage, but that's neither here nor there.

Male
Level 57
Hardy nature
Notes: Ice Punch is there to take care of dragons, and Light Screen has basically saved me a billion times, so I kept that as well. His attack stat is higher than Katarion's, which is what I'm liking a lot (that's probably why I mainly stick to using special attacks on Katarion, even though that's probably really stupid).

Genderless
Level 66
Modest nature
Notes: Genesect is easily the star of the team considering the fact that I've relied on it so much, but I want to break this habit because the other members are pretty much getting neglected in favor of Genesect.

Hmm... why not teach your Emboar Rock Slide or Stone Edge instead of Head Smash? It's lower accuracy (depending on what move you go for), but no intense recoil damage.

Originally posted by FenneKindle

Female
Level 46
Calm nature

Female
Level 54
Adamant nature

Male
Level 54
Adamant nature

Katarion/Emboar@Charcoal
Male
Level 56
Jolly nature

Male
Level 57
Hardy nature

Genderless
Level 66
Modest nature

Fennekindle:
Nice Team, but I have a few suggestions:

Gardevoir:
Forget Imprison. It's not very useful just to block three potential moves, especially if all are psychic type and one is a status move.
Try Shadow Ball, Focus Blast or Signal Beam to cover your weaknesses.

Drapion:
You probably should replace low-power moves like Poison Fang and Bulldoze. Try Cross-poison(works with sniper), Aqua Tail, or Earthquake instead.

Emboar and Skarmory look good.

Electivire:
Forget Thunder. Low accuracy, and if you've EV trained right, Electivire has low Special Attack. Try Earthquake, Brick Break, Rock Slide, or Dual Chop.

Genesect:
Try Replacing Magnet Bomb with Iron Head. Also, consider forgetting either X-scissor or Bug Buzz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom