• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Im currently playing Black 2 but i just started it so im gonna post my Pearl team.

Metagross lv 100
Stealth rock
Giga impact
Meteor mash
Explosion

Blastoise lv 100
Ice beam
Rapid spin
Hydro pump
Toxic

Salamence lv 100
Fire blast
Dragon claw
Dragon breath
Fly

Sceptile lv 100
Sunny day
Solar beam
Leaf blade
Aerial ace

Infernape lv 100
Flamethrower
Overheat
Close combat
Mach punch

Rhyperior lv 100
Earthquake
Mega Horn
Rock Slide
Giga Impact

*note

I want to change Rhyperior for Volcanora. Should i?

Re: Help with my gen 4 team?

I'm trying to put together a good team and am looking for some input with my teams weaknesses, Pokemon that shouldn't be there, etc.
Any and all advice is appreciated. My team is still a work in progress and so im open to suggestions. Thanks!

My team: Blaziken lvl 67
-Blaze kick
-Sky uppercut
-Stone edge
-Earthquake

Empoleon lvl 67
-Surf
-Hydro pump
-Ice Beam
-Drill peck

Dragonite lvl 65
-Roost
-Dragon dance
-Fire blast
-Outrage

Jolteon lvl 63
- Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic
-Thunder wave

Gengar lvl 65
-Hypnosis
-Dream eater
-Dark pulse
-Destiny bond

Staraptor lvl 62
-Endeavor
-Fly
-Brave bird
-Close combat

gengar needs shadow ball

Any good suggestions for a starting pokemon team on Soul Silver?

Can anyone suggest me a good starting team for Soul Silver and tell my why. The pokemons cant be traded to evolve.
So far I only have Quilava lv 17, Flaaffy lv 16, and Zubat lv 15( for crobat). Also if this site is for news not for common threads for in-game then sorry, im new here.

Rate my dream team please!

Hi! please can you rate my dream Pokemon team? Here it is.

Rayquaza
lv.100
dragon gem
-draco meteor
-fire blast
-fly
-extremespeed

Arceus
lv.100
draco plate
-judgment
-perish song
-draco meteor
-hyper beam

Giratina
lv.100
griseous orb
-shadow force
-draco meteor
-aura sphere
-earthquake

Kyurem
lv.100
expert belt
-scary face/fusion bolt/fusion flare
-glaciate/freeze shock/ice burn
-draco meteor
-blizzard

garchomp
lv.100
lum berry
-draco meteor
-earthquake
-dual chop
-outrage

charizard
lv.100
charcoal
-blast burn
-fire blast
-flamethrower
-and a flying type move please?

a great big thank you to anyone that can help.:rs200:

Hi! please can you rate my dream Pokemon team? Here it is.

Rayquaza
lv.100
dragon gem
-draco meteor
-fire blast
-fly
-extremespeed

Arceus
lv.100
draco plate
-judgment
-perish song
-draco meteor
-hyper beam

Giratina
lv.100
griseous orb
-shadow force
-draco meteor
-aura sphere
-earthquake

Kyurem
lv.100
expert belt
-scary face/fusion bolt/fusion flare
-glaciate/freeze shock/ice burn
-draco meteor
-blizzard

garchomp
lv.100
lum berry
-draco meteor
-earthquake
-dual chop
-outrage

charizard
lv.100
charcoal
-blast burn
-fire blast
-flamethrower
-and a flying type move please?

a great big thank you to anyone that can help.:rs200:

Judging by your username and your dragon themed team, I'm assuming the types won't change much. Which is fine if that's what you want.

However, Garchomp and Charizard have too many STAB moves in my opinion. In my teams I usually limit my pokemon to one STAB move per type. It leaves room for a wider range of moves and can be more strategic. I would get rid of Draco Meteor from Garchomp, as its base attack stat is much higher than its special attack. And to make use of the Lum Berry, I would also get rid of Dual Chop. After Outrage confuses your Garchomp, the berry it's holding will remove the ailment instantly.

I'm actually not sure which fire move to keep on Charizard, as they're all viable options imo. Of course Blast Burn runs the risk of not defeating your opponent and then Charizard could take a big hit following. I would choose to replace the Charcoal with a Life Orb or a Choice Specs. The Choice Specs take effect with only Charizard's first attack, so it's best to use it wisely. For a Flying move I would choose Air Slash.

Shadow Force on Giratina might not be the best option. It's a two turn move and after Giratina vanishes, your opponent would most likely send in a Normal type Pokemon. I would replace it with Shadow Ball.

For Arceus just as with Garchomp and Charizard, I would remove either Draco Meteor or Judgment, personally the latter seems a better option to keep because it's a safer move, by which I mean it doesn't negatively affect your Arceus. I would also remove Hyper Beam as it isn't super effective against anything, and your Arceus isn't getting the STAB.

These are just a few suggestions, hope it helps.

I'm about to fight Clay with:

Pignite
lvl 32
- Rollout
- Arm Thrust
- Heat Crash
- Flame Charge

Sigilyph
lvl 30
- Psywave
- Fly
- Whirlwind
- Psybeam

Lucario
lvl 32
- Copycat
- Bone Rush
- Force Palm
- Metal Sound

Who should I choose to go up against the Elite 4 in Black 2?

I am only wanting to use Gen 5 Pokemon.

So far I have came up with bringing Krookodile, Chandelure, and Samurott though I am open to suggestions if I should replace them.

Krookodile
Earthquake
Crunch
Stone Edge
Superpower

Chandelure
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast/Overheat
Energy Ball/Hidden Power Fight/Hidden Power Ice/Psychic

Samurott
Hydro Pump/Waterfall/Aqua Tail/Surf
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Megahorn/X-Scissor/Superpower/Hidden Power Grass/Air Slash

---Some possible choices---

Haxorus, Darmanitan, Excadrill, Terrakion, Virizion, Golurk, Beheeyem Braiviary, Sawk, Zoroark, Mienshao, Druddigon, and Bisharp.

You can suggest others.

Re: Who should I choose to go up against the Elite 4 in Black 2?

This belongs in the Rate My Team sticky thread. You'd be best off posting it there.

This is my Y team. I beat every type and they can all mega evolve.

Blazaken@ blazakenite
Ability: speed.boost
Nature: impish
Level: 100
Atk. 302 Def 203 sp atk 219 sp def 190 speed 194
Blaze kick
Sky uppercut
Strength
Power-up punch
Some pokemon are initialy faster, but after 2 or 3 turns, he usually goes first.

Garchomp @ garchompite
Sand veil
Relaxed
Atk 273 def 200 sp atk 184 sp def 190 speed 203
Dig
Draco meteor
Earthquake/ dragon claw
Cut
Will constanly switch earthquake and dragon claw as necessary

Mawile@mawilite
Hyper cutter
Bashful
Atk 151 def 150 sp atk 120 sp def 95 speed 101
Iron head
False swipe
Play rough
Sweet scent
For those of you that played all the past games, keep in mind that Mawile's fairy type

Aerodactyl@aerodactylite
Pressure
Docile
Atk 171 def 105 sp atk 113 sp def 122 speed 199
Hyper beam
Fly
Ancient power
Agility

Gyarados@gyaradosite
Intimidate
Serious
Atk 155 def 102 sp atk 90 sp def 133 speed 98
Waterfall
Dragon dance
Surf
Dark pulse
I usually save my mega evolution for him scence I need the dark type to beat ghost and psychic

Amoharose@ampharosite
Static
Naughty
Atk 113 def 108 sp atk 140 sp def 99 speed 75
Signal beam
Rock smash
Thunderbolt
Cotton guard
Also goes through a type change when it mega evolves. Gains dragon type

If you have any comments on how to make my team better, I'm all ears

Last edited:
Re: Help with my gen 4 team?

I'm trying to put together a good team and am looking for some input with my teams weaknesses, Pokemon that shouldn't be there, etc.
Any and all advice is appreciated. My team is still a work in progress and so im open to suggestions. Thanks!

My team: Blaziken lvl 67
-Blaze kick
-Sky uppercut
-Stone edge
-Earthquake

Empoleon lvl 67
-Surf
-Hydro pump
-Ice Beam
-Drill peck

Dragonite lvl 65
-Roost
-Dragon dance
-Fire blast
-Outrage

Jolteon lvl 63
- Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic
-Thunder wave

Gengar lvl 65
-Hypnosis
-Dream eater
-Dark pulse
-Destiny bond

Staraptor lvl 62
-Endeavor
-Fly
-Brave bird
-Close combat
I like your style man! Maybe you should try get something tanky/annoying like a Ludicolo, Snorlax, Suicune etc. that can really take some hits to complement your aggresive style?

A Good X/Y Only Team?

I realized recently that the team I used to play through Y only had one Pokemon (my starter) which was introduced in X/Y. I'm relatively sure that I'm getting a new 3DS and X (long story) for Christmas, and decided that I wanted to play through it with a team restricted only to Mons introduced in this generation.

Then I realized....that will be kind of difficult. Only 69 were introduced and some types, like Electric, are severely lacking in talent.

I'm thinking of using a set up like:

Froakie (Water/Dark)
Fletching (Flying/Fire)
Espurr (Psychic)
Tyrunt (Rock/Dragon)

That leaves me with some holes still. I hate being without an Electric type, but Heliolisk doesn't really do it for me. (And his line and Dedenne are literally the only electric options...) I can sub in a Grass type like Skiddo to at least cover Water type foes, but I generally find Grass types easy to go without.

At any rate, I'm wondering if anyone has tried this yet and if so, what team did you use and how did it go?

Well, the only thing an Electric-type would add would be STAB coverage of Water-types (since you've already got Tyrunt for STAB coverage of Flying-types), so a Grass-type would be your only non-Electric option. As far as Grass-types are concerned, I would highly recommend using Skiddo/Gogoat. With Leech Seed, Synthesis, and Horn Leech, it can kill pretty much anything while taking minimal damage (especially when it holds Leftovers as well). If you really don't want to use a Grass-type, you could teach Espurr/Meowstic Energy Ball or Thunderbolt or something for non-STAB coverage of Water-types.

Last edited:
How is my team?

I want to show my team on Pokémon Y so people tell me some of their weak points.

my starter,
Jirayia,the Greninja (M)
Massacre,the Aerodactyl (M)
Bulbapedia,the Venusaur (M)
Escargo,The Goodra (F)
Bellflower,the Florges (F)
And lastly,
Febreeze,the Chandelure (F)

Re: How is my team?

I want to show my team on Pokémon Y so people tell me some of their weak points.

my starter,
Jirayia,the Greninja (M)
Massacre,the Aerodactyl (M)
Bulbapedia,the Venusaur (M)
Escargo,The Goodra (F)
Bellflower,the Florges (F)
And lastly,
Febreeze,the Chandelure (F)

Overall, looks like a fantastic team for in-game. Very well rounded. As long as you cover the types absent from your team by giving those typed moves to your members, you'll be good. (Example, Psychic and Energy Ball would work fantastic on Chandelure for type coverage).

Pokemon Y Team:

So i dont really compete, but i like to have a good team, but i just really dont know if this one is... I just switched my Talonflame with a Samurott, and Zoroark is probably getting switched off, even tough it is my favorite...
:) let me know what you think!

(Loki) Zoroark @Leftovers

- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

(Hydranoid) Hydreigon @Life Orb

- Draco Meteor
- Fly (not for HM, i think its a good move)
- Roost
- Fire Blast (Actually flamethrower until i get the Tm)

Samurott @have not decided item yet

- Aqua Jet
- Razor shell
- MegaHorn
- Swords Dance

Darmanitan @Rocky Helmet

- Hammer Arm
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance (placeholder)

(Neuron) Reuniclus @Iron Ball

- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Energy Ball (Greeninja were a problem)
- Recover

(Leadshot) Aggron @Agronite

- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Surf (deals with fire)
- Dragon tail (stops batton passers and breaks some strategies)

Last edited:
Any tips for Emerald Ice monotype runthrough?

Hello!!!

I'm interested in playing my old Pokemon Emerald version again.

The question I have is: What challenge should I use this time?

I was considering an Ice monotype, but then it would be only Glalie and Sealeo which I would not get until the 7th Gym.

I was also considering expanding the team to include Pokemon with ice moves ala Candice and Volkner and Flint in DP, but I have no idea which one bar Medicham.

Any one have any ideas to suggest for a team with Ice monotype? I also don't want a whole chunk of Water types, maybe just one other than Walrein, which can of course learn ice Beam or similar.

Pokemon Y Team:

So i dont really compete, but i like to have a good team, but i just really dont know if this one is... I just switched my Talonflame with a Samurott, and Zoroark is probably getting switched off, even tough it is my favorite...
:) let me know what you think!

(Loki) Zoroark @Leftovers

- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

(Hydranoid) Hydreigon @Life Orb

- Draco Meteor
- Fly (not for HM, i think its a good move)
- Roost
- Fire Blast (Actually flamethrower until i get the Tm)

Samurott @have not decided item yet

- Aqua Jet
- Razor shell
- MegaHorn
- Swords Dance

Darmanitan @Rocky Helmet

- Hammer Arm
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance (placeholder)

(Neuron) Reuniclus @Iron Ball

- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Energy Ball (Greeninja were a problem)
- Recover

(Leadshot) Aggron @Agronite

- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Surf (deals with fire)
- Dragon tail (stops batton passers and breaks some strategies)

Hello!

First off, your Zoroark doesn't seem too bad. Whilst I have always believed Substitutes to be risky when Pokemon are dealing so much damage to you (the sub could be destroyed by a powerful attack in one shot making your loss of HP useless! Especially on a Pokemon as frail as Zoroark), the act of setting up a decoy and then working on Nasty Plot isn't bad at all. If you can fit in two Nasty Plots, then you're away, so to speak? His moveset is okay also, as well as the held item (goes alongside substitute I imagine). It's up to you what you do with Zoroark now.

Hydreigon is your token Dragon, isn't he? Draco Meteor is a last resort in my opinion, but you can be certain it will make it a worthy one. Fire Blast is okay, minus the accuracy; I would highly suggest Flamethrower instead. Roost is perfect for regaining health, and Hydreigon is actually quite bulky, so it's not a stalemate. Fly is an odd choice in my opinion but if you've got a Hydreigon that specializes in Attack somehow, then it's fine. If used strategically, Fly could also be very annoying. And the Life Orb is a good touch, as it goes alongside Roost and gives Hydreigon that added boost.

Samurott I have never known to be a waste of time. With Aqua Jet you can take care of things quickly. Razor Shell is a step-up from Aqua Jet and also has the nice boost of lowering Defence. Megahorn is risky due to the accuracy. If you wanted to make accuracy not so much of a problem, give Samurott a Wide Lens. And Swords Dance is something you could use right off the bat; if Trick Room is set up, or if the opponent Pokemon isn't dealing masses of damage to Samurott.

Darmanitan is one of my favourites! It's such a fun looking Pokemon! And I also like the legend behind it, the legend of Bodhirma! I have a Daruma doll myself. It's incredibly motivational! Look it up if you're not sure what I'm talking about! ...Anyway, Hammer Arm is a good move, allows a counter to Rock types and also gives Darmanitan some variety. Flare Blitz is an obvious move for him, and can deal massive damage! However the loss of HP is concerning. But Darmanitan is sort of like a bomb that goes off, you just have to use it wisely in the short time you have! Rock Slide is again good variety, and Swords Dance is something you could use only if you were confident enough you would survive to do so. I would replace it with Earthquake for some more variety, or U-Turn for emergencies. The Rocky Helmet is also a good choice, as it can make up for any shattering hits taken, but due to Flare Blitz, a Leftovers (excluding Zoroark) or a even a Sitrus Berry wouldn't go amiss. Maybe even an Expert Belt, to make those super effective attacks all the more powerful!

Reuniclus is a strategic Pokemon with some bulk to it. With Trick Room in play, it can become a threat, and also make slower Pokemon on your team a threat also. Psychic is an obvious choice, for what it can do... I don't need to explain so much on that one! Energy Ball for the reasons such as you have stated is also very plausabile. And Recover can make Reuniclus very annoying. I personally would have suggested something like Reflect or Light Screen, maybe even both, and give Reuniclus a Light Clay to really help out your team. However the Iron Ball is good for making sure Reuniclus is dreadful in Speed.

Aggron is such a nice Pokemon! And whilst I may not know so much about all the "mega evolution" stuff, I understand it is good and proving useful. Heavy Slam is a strange choice in my opinion unless you're using it on light targets, as Aggron is a heavy Pokemon. I would suggest replacing it with Iron Head. Earthquake is a good move for Aggron, for the coverage it has. Surf... Well, if Earthquake can deal with Fire, then why not replace Surf with Rock Slide or Stone Age (for STAB!)? And Dragon Tail is, yes, a good move for breaking strategies.

Overall I believe you have a good, sturdy team. Once Pokemon Transfer is finally up and I can transfer all of my old Pokemon over, I would love to battle you!

Thanks for the advice, i did keep zoroark, and took some of your sugestions into account, especially with agron, however i might think of using infernape instead of darmanitan, as its a bit bulkier, especially with the air baloon, as with hydreigon, its EV trained in special and physical attack, so fly works well in a tight spot, thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom