• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

so this is my oras team (planned)

swampert
shiftry
metagross
flying type
fire type
glalie

so what should i use for my fire and flying type

im gonna use darmanitan if i can soar before post game

My intended Alpha Sapphire team:

Sceptile
Metagross
Linoone (HM Slave)
Crobat
Manectric
Sharpedo

I hope they will provide sufficient type coverage. I'm keeping Linoone in my active party, just for convenience.

Edit: Is it worth opting for Mega Sceptile due to it's unique typing, or Mega Metagross instead?

Last edited:
My intended Alpha Sapphire team:

Sceptile
Metagross
Linoone (HM Slave)
Crobat
Manectric
Sharpedo

I hope they will provide sufficient type coverage. I'm keeping Linoone in my active party, just for convenience.

Edit: Is it worth opting for Mega Sceptile due to it's unique typing, or Mega Metagross instead?

me too

Why not both?

On my AS team, I have a Pidgeot, a Swampert and a Sableye, all with their Mega Stones equipped. I look at individual battles to see which Pokémon I'll let mega evolve
Works pretty well for me

Okay, so I want an in-game team with Pokemon I like, from which I can create a usable competitive-ish team. Nothing amazing, just something I can breed and do a bit of EV training with, to end up with something I can use against friends.

I haven't battled competitively in a long while, so I'd appreciate advice on good team synergy and such.

My Alpha Sapphire team so far:
Sceptile
Mega-Gallade
Milotic

Further possible members:
Mightyena
Sableye
Claydol
Altaria
Cacturne
Aggron
Armaldo
Flygon
Torkoal
Manectric
Seviper

Any suggestions? I'm guessing Aggron would be good, since it covers a lot of weaknesses in my team and can set up SR. But it evolves so damn late.

Okay, so I want an in-game team with Pokemon I like, from which I can create a usable competitive-ish team. Nothing amazing, just something I can breed and do a bit of EV training with, to end up with something I can use against friends.

I haven't battled competitively in a long while, so I'd appreciate advice on good team synergy and such.

Sceptile
Mega-Gallade
Milotic

Mightyena
Sableye
Claydol
Altaria
Cacturne
Aggron
Armaldo
Flygon
Torkoal
Manectric
Seviper

Any suggestions? I'm guessing Aggron would be good, since it covers a lot of weaknesses in my team and can set up SR. But it evolves so damn late.

If you don't want to use Aggron (which you should since it not only gives you physical bulk but a check to fairies and flying types), Torkoal or Donphan could work on your team as physical walls that can also Rapid Spin and set up Rocks. Skarmory can wall effectively too. I would also recommend some form of priority, possibly in Azumarill or Cacturne.

If you don't want to use Aggron (which you should since it not only gives you physical bulk but a check to fairies and flying types), Torkoal or Donphan could work on your team as physical walls that can also Rapid Spin and set up Rocks. Skarmory can wall effectively too. I would also recommend some form of priority, possibly in Azumarill or Cacturne.

Thanks. I'll use Aggron then. Are any of the Pokemon I listed pretty much completely mediocre competitively? I can't see a way to make Seviper work. I reckon Mightyena might be usable with Toxic orb and quick feet.

Sceptile
Mega-Gallade
Milotic

Mightyena
Sableye
Claydol
Altaria
Cacturne
Aggron
Armaldo
Flygon
Torkoal
Manectric
Seviper

Actually, most of the Pokemon you posted are very mediocre competitively. None of them are OU except Sableye, and even then it must be mega sableye to abuse its untauntable wall niche. However, in UU or RU they all are viable... Except Claydol

I beat Korrina twice and the Lucario wants to come with me.

Which Pokemon should I move to the PC? Is it worth moving any for the mega-evolution?

Charizard Lvl 43
Greninja Lvl 43
Doublade Lvl 43
Simisage Lvl 43
Pikachu Lvl 42
Pidgeot Lvl 42

Which Pokemon should I move to the PC? Is it worth moving any for the mega-evolution?

Charizard Lvl 43
Greninja Lvl 43
Doublade Lvl 43
Simisage Lvl 43
Pikachu Lvl 42
Pidgeot Lvl 42

I'd drop Pikachu. It's horrid defenses and so-so speed will make it more of a liability later on even with a light ball.

Charizard Lvl 43
Greninja Lvl 43
Doublade Lvl 43
Simisage Lvl 43
Pikachu Lvl 42
Pidgeot Lvl 42

I'd drop... Lucario. Lucario is a lower level than all of your Pokemon, plus Charizard functions as your mega already. You only really need one.

Of course, if you want to use Lucario, then ditch the Pikachu if it doesn't have a Light Ball. Raichu is kinda bad. If it does have a Light Ball, Pidgeot should be dropped.

Good team to beat elite four

Hi I made a team to defeat the elite four in pokemon diamond. I was wondering if anyone has any corrections for my team? None have any items My team is:

Empoleon (lvl 62) starter
nature: naughty
ability:torrent
stats 201/158/150/126/111
-Bubble beam
-Brine
-Hydro pump
-Aqua jet

Abomasnow (54) Snowpoint city
nature: Naughty
ability: Snow Warning
stats 179/135/105/111/104/89
-Blizzard
-Wood hammer
-Ice Shard
-Avalanche

Luxray (57) early route
nature: Naive
ability: Intimidate
stats 174/165/115/124/90/126
-Charge Beam
-Bite
-Discharge
-Thunder fang

Dialga (lvl 60) Spear Pillar
nature: Relaxed
ability: Pressure
stats 208/159/189/205/146/121
-Roar Of Time
-Ancient Power
-Dragon Claw
-Earth Power

Kadabra (57)
nature: Bashful
ability: Inner focus
stats 136/59/69/150/97/155
-Psycho Cut
-Confusion
-Psychic
-Psybeam

My last pokemon was just a "HM slave"

Do you have any suggestions? With this team I defeated the elite four. You may need about 7 revival herbs or more.

Last edited:
I need help creating a team

I'm playing Pokemon Y at the moment, so I need to choose a good play-through team. I've already chosen three, and they're the starters. The only problem is getting the other three. I'm thinking of getting a Lapras, and maybe a Rotom? Since I may not have that much experience, I've decided to hope that somebody can give me some examples.

Re: I need help creating a team

I'm playing Pokemon Y at the moment, so I need to choose a good play-through team. I've already chosen three, and they're the starters. The only problem is getting the other three. I'm thinking of getting a Lapras, and maybe a Rotom? Since I may not have that much experience, I've decided to hope that somebody can give me some examples.

Grab a Hawlucha. He appears relatively early, really cool typing and can learn a bunch of HMs if needed.

I guess ill give this a shot. I always wondered how my favorites rate against the competition. I know my team probly sucks but why not?

Lapras Level 95
Item: Wave Incense
HP:390
Att:217
Def: 195
SP. Att: 202
Sp. Def: 212
Speed: 170
Moves: Ice Beam, Waterfall,Rain Dance, Surf

Diggersby Lv. 92
Item: Soft Sand
HP:285
Att:196
Def.160
Sp. Att:132
Sp. Def: 194
Speed: 169
Moves: Earthquake,Dig,Hammer Arm,Cut

Pidgeot Level. 96
Item: Sharp Beak
HP:306
Att:205
Def:192
Sp. Att:155
Sp. Def:172
Speed: 230
Moves:Wing Attack,Roost,Fly,Hurricane

Charizard Level 100
Item: Mega Stone version X
HP:317
Att:203
Def:200
Sp. Att: 248
Sp. Def: 177
Speed:246
Moves: Strengh,Dragon Claw,Fly,Flamthrower

Raichu Level 97
Item: Rocky Helmet
HP:265
Att:209
Def:147
Sp. Att:221
Sp. Def:173
Speed: 281
Moves:Thunder Wave,Thunderbolt,Quick Attack,Elecro Ball

Greninja Level 95
Item: Kings Rock
HP: 296
Att:244
Def: 135
Sp. Att: 221
Sp. Def: 165
Speed:276
Moves: Strengh,Rock Smash,Surf, Water Pulse.

So tell me how bad is my team? These are my fav Pokemon that I allways stick with. Not IV trained.
I notice a few things though.
Raichu is a great Anti Agislash pokemon....No clue why. I seem to do really well aginst that Pokemon whenever I pull Raichu. Technically imposable right?

Give me the bad news and the good news!

My Regional teams(?)

Kanto: Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Dragonite, *, Flareon

Johto: Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Meganium, Altaria, *, Jolteon

Hoenn: Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile, Flygon, *, Leafeon

Sinnoh: Empoleon, Infernape, Torterra, Garchomp, *, Umbreon

Unova: Samurott, Emboar, Superior, Hydreigon, Golurk, Vaporeon

Kalos: Greninja, Delphox, Chesnaught, Garchomp, Hawlucha, Sylveon

This is what they will be once fully evolved. I don't have their moves yet, just the Pokemon itself. I inserted * because I don't know what it should be. But, the one's with *(along with Golurk/Hawlucha) must have Fly. I can't think of one in particular, so I left them blank. The teams themselfes are very poor, but I'm not much of a competetive battler, mostly play-throughs.
So, do you have any ideas for the blanks and their movesets? I intend to keep the starters, along with the Dragon type.

@MegaCharr;

Here's some ideas for you:

Lapras
Item: Wave Incense
Moves: Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Psychic/Surf

Diggersby Lv. 92
Item: Soft Sand
Moves: Earthquake/Hammer Arm/Return/Swords Dance

Pidgeot Level. 96
Item: Sharp Beak
Moves:Return/U-Turn/Roost/Fly

Charizard Level 100
Item: Charizardite X
Moves: Dragon Claw/Flamethrower/Earthquake/Roost

Raichu Level 97
Item: Rocky Helmet
Moves:Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Quick Attack/Grass Knot

Greninja Level 95
Item: Kings Rock
Moves: Water Shuriken/Surf/U-Turn/Ice Beam

This gives you a lot more room for dealing with other Pokemon. This is by no means a great team, you haven't had bred them so there's a limit to how good your team can perform. I haven't changed any items.

I'm gonna start Alpha Sapphire soon and I can't decide on what Flying type to use. The rest of my team will be:

Swampert
Emboar
Espeon
Zoroark
Roserade

I can't decide between Crobat, Drifblim, and Noivern. Which one would fit in best with the rest of my team? I've never used Noivern so I don't know what it's like or if Noibat is hard to raise.

Hey girlfriend. Another grass user over here. I like the use of your Roserade. It would complement a Drifblim and a Swampert nicely. Especially if you put Ice Beam on your swampert. Haha. Anyways, I know I just started on the forums, but would you like to go on a date?

I'm gonna start Alpha Sapphire soon and I can't decide on what Flying type to use. The rest of my team will be:

Swampert
Emboar
Espeon
Zoroark
Roserade

I can't decide between Crobat, Drifblim, and Noivern. Which one would fit in best with the rest of my team? I've never used Noivern so I don't know what it's like or if Noibat is hard to raise.

My weird pokemon line up

My OR team: minuin, pulse, lucario (my mega), dialga, Arceus, and latios (all max level and IV/EV'd TO THE MAX)

Back
Top Bottom