• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Yeah help everyone else except me... -_-

I think it's because your team is perfectly fine. For an in-game team, it should be solid enough. Though I have a couple little things.

1. Blaziken - Slash is meh. You already have two great STAB moves. I'd give it Aerial Ace instead for extra type coverage, or a stat boosting move.
2. Zapdos - Having both of those Electric attacks AND Rain Dance may be slightly redundant. If you keep Rain Dance, I'd get rid of Bolt. Or, get rid of Rain Dance and keep Bolt. Maybe replace the move with Toxic, Hidden Power, or Charge?
3. Togetic - Looks okay overall, but the only move on the set it really needs is Psychic. Thunderwave is fine and good, though Zapdos already has it. I think Yawn could be better. I would also consider giving it Hyper Beam for STAB or Magical Leaf or maybe Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower.

I've been playing SS (third time), and I've finally gotten to the point where I fight Red. My Pokemon are about Level 50-ish, and frankly I'm not too interested in grinding on the Level 30s the game offers. My team is something like this:

Meganium
L 55
Light Clay
Overgrow

Petal Dance
Body Slam
Light Screen
Reflect

Crobat
L 52
Amulet Coin
Inner Focus

U-turn
Confuse Ray
Fly
Bite

Steelix
L 52
Quick Claw
Sturdy

Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Dig
Rock Climb

Stantler
L 52
None
Intimidate

Role Play
Zen Headbutt
Hypnosis
Headbutt

Espeon
L 52
None
Synchronize

Psychic
Future Sight
Shadow Ball
Swift

Gyarados (Shiny)
Lv 52
Shell Bell
Intimidate

Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Avalanche
Waterfall

I don't plan on swapping out any team members either, so don't suggest that. I definitely know I need to equip Espeon and Stantler, but their best option at present would be a Smoke Ball. Any and all help is appreciated.

I've been playing SS (third time), and I've finally gotten to the point where I fight Red. My Pokemon are about Level 50-ish, and frankly I'm not too interested in grinding on the Level 30s the game offers. My team is something like this:

Meganium
L 55
Light Clay
Overgrow

Petal Dance
Body Slam
Light Screen
Reflect

Crobat
L 52
Amulet Coin
Inner Focus

U-turn
Confuse Ray
Fly
Bite

Steelix
L 52
Quick Claw
Sturdy

Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Dig
Rock Climb

Stantler
L 52
None
Intimidate

Role Play
Zen Headbutt
Hypnosis
Headbutt

Espeon
L 52
None
Synchronize

Psychic
Future Sight
Shadow Ball
Swift

Gyarados (Shiny)
Lv 52
Shell Bell
Intimidate

Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Avalanche
Waterfall

I don't plan on swapping out any team members either, so don't suggest that. I definitely know I need to equip Espeon and Stantler, but their best option at present would be a Smoke Ball. Any and all help is appreciated.

I'd suggest level-grinding at the Elite 4 first (;P y'know, since they aren't level 30's). As it is right now, you're severely underleveled. Red's team is in the 80's, so keep that in mind. Unless you've EV trained an in-game team, you'd die almost instantaneously at those levels, and even if you did, you'd still be too underleveled to do much to his team. As for moves, Espeon would definitely appreciate calm mind (TM) or morning sun (move relearner) over Future Sight. Giving Crobat Cross Poison (move relearner) or X-Scissor (TM) will probably help it more than Bite. Stantler will enjoy Me First (lvl 53) over Headbutt or Role Play, since it copies a move and gives it pseudo-STAB. It's basically a better mirror move that just has to go before the opponent instead of after. Maybe Giga Impact (TM) over Headbutt? You already have Zen Headbutt to get flinches, so you could use the power buff. Assuming it likes you, return is also a strong option. Gyarados is fine, Steelix is fine, Meganium is fine. The biggest help here is to level grind into the seventies at least. Do that and it'll be much easier.

Meganium
L 55
Light Clay
Overgrow

Petal Dance
Body Slam
Light Screen
Reflect

Crobat
L 52
Amulet Coin
Inner Focus

U-turn
Confuse Ray
Fly
Bite

Steelix
L 52
Quick Claw
Sturdy

Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Dig
Rock Climb

Stantler
L 52
None
Intimidate

Role Play
Zen Headbutt
Hypnosis
Headbutt

Espeon
L 52
None
Synchronize

Psychic
Future Sight
Shadow Ball
Swift

Gyarados (Shiny)
Lv 52
Shell Bell
Intimidate

Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Avalanche
Waterfall

I'd suggest level-grinding at the Elite 4 first (;P y'know, since they aren't level 30's). As it is right now, you're severely underleveled. Red's team is in the 80's, so keep that in mind. Unless you've EV trained an in-game team, you'd die almost instantaneously at those levels, and even if you did, you'd still be too underleveled to do much to his team. As for moves, Espeon would definitely appreciate calm mind (TM) or morning sun (move relearner) over Future Sight. Giving Crobat Cross Poison (move relearner) or X-Scissor (TM) will probably help it more than Bite. Stantler will enjoy Me First (lvl 53) over Headbutt or Role Play, since it copies a move and gives it pseudo-STAB. It's basically a better mirror move that just has to go before the opponent instead of after. Maybe Giga Impact (TM) over Headbutt? You already have Zen Headbutt to get flinches, so you could use the power buff. Assuming it likes you, return is also a strong option. Gyarados is fine, Steelix is fine, Meganium is fine. The biggest help here is to level grind into the seventies at least. Do that and it'll be much easier.

Firstly, thanks for the response. Secondly, I honestly wasn't so interested in grinding, but it appears I have to. I guess I wasn't doing anything for the next two days anyway...

I was thinking of replacing Future Sight, but Calm Mind is Battle Frontier-based, and BP is a pain to obtain, and Hyper Potions are superior to Morning Sun anyway. Maybe I'll just teach it Grass Knot. I didn't know about Cross Poison, so thanks for that. I'll definitely opt for it versus Bite, it has prolonged its stay for too long. I definitely plan on replacing Role Play with Me First, I used it only about twice. I definitely would prefer Return over Giga Impact, as that pesky recharge could cost me, so I guess I'll wait until Sunday for that.

And once again, thanks for the recommendations, it's been a huge help.

Doing a run through alpha sapphire and I'm going with an all shiny team again.

Milotic. Haven't decided on a movepool yet.

Magneton or Magnezone. Magenton's sp atk is only 10 points lower, so would it be a good idea to give it an eviolite?

Zangoose. X-scissor or night slash, Close Combat. Poison Jab. Maybe crush claw.

Garchomp with mega stone. EQ. Outrage. Stone Edge or Rock Slide and Iron Head. For coverage.

Arcanine. I like to have a fire type. Outrage, Flare Blitz. Extreme Speed. Need a fourth. Suggestions?

Metagross. EQ. Meteor Mash. Zen Headbutt. Torn between Ice Punch or Thunder punch.

Please note, their natures aren't perfect and neither are their iv's. This is mainly gor fun. Ev's will be done on them however.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Magneton or Magnezone. Magenton's sp atk is only 10 points lower, so would it be a good idea to give it an eviolite?

Garchomp with mega stone. EQ. Outrage. Stone Edge or Rock Slide and Iron Head. For coverage.

Arcanine. I like to have a fire type. Outrage, Flare Blitz. Extreme Speed. Need a fourth. Suggestions?

Metagross. EQ. Meteor Mash. Zen Headbutt. Torn between Ice Punch or Thunder punch.

Please note, their natures aren't perfect and neither are their iv's. This is mainly gor fun. Ev's will be done on them however.

Milotic might appreciate Dragon Tail, Scald, Ice Beam, Recover. Lets it burn shuffle with Scald/Dragon Tail.

Arcanine does get Close Combat (through breeding with Zangoose) and Crunch (through level-up)

I'd go Ice Punch with Metagross, just because Magne-whatever will more than amply cover Electric, and will definitely be able to handle water-types.

I'd go Magnezone for in-game. The extra bulk is nice, but in-game really appreciates heavy hitting, which magnezone is slightly better for.

Your team looks incredibly good. Here's what I would suggest for them:

Milotic: Surf, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Safeguard/Recover
Magnezone: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch
Zangoose: Crush Claw, Swords Dance/X-Scissor/Poison Jab, Night Slash, Close Combat
Garchomp: Earthquake, Outrage, Stone Edge, Iron Head
Arcanine: Outrage, Flare Blitz, Extreme Speed, Wild Charge
Metagross: Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Ice Punch/Bullet Punch

Thanks for the advice guys. One more question. What is the best way to utilize mega Alteria?

Game being played: Platinum
Team: Porygon-Z, Heracross, Luxray, Scizor, Togekiss, Floatzel
Porygon-Z [Exp. Share]
Ability: Download
Nature: Mild
Level: 35

[Stats 116/70/59/113/66/73]
Signal Beam
Psychic
Shock Wave
Nasty Plot
I grabbed Porygon-Z earlier in the day and so far it's proving to be a good pokemon. my other team members (shown above) are around 45-47. any good locations to train this Porygon up? Any moves to suggest? would love some advice!

Heracross
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Adament
Level: 47
[Stats 150/151/93/52/103/107]
Earthquake
Sword's Dance
Close Combat
Strength
Heracross is a great Pokemon that i rarely use. Would love some tips on locations to train this pokemon up, item usage on it, etc. :)

Togekiss[@item equipped (if any)]
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Adament
Level: 45
[Stats 140/66/96/110/117/89]
Fly
Brick Break
Aura Sphere
ExtremeSpeed
Just like with the other 2, just some advice on locations to train it. It's a good pokemon i don't use often.

Last edited:
So as I mentioned in another thread, I'm doing a White version replay for fun. I just beat Skyla and about to progress to Twist Mountain. I was wondering how my team looks to everyone. Here's the team:

Emboar (Nitro)
Male
Lv 40
Blaze
Amulet Coin
Serious, Very Finicky
143/115/65/96/63/69
Hammer Arm/Flame Charge/Scald/Heat Crash
Notes: Hammer Arm is temporary as a replacement to Rock Smash that I've been using for some time. I plan to replace it with Brick Break, my favorite Fighting move, once I get it. Might give him Wild Charge for coverage, though recoil moves I'm leery with. I'm pretty satisfied right now with him, but any suggestions would be fine.

Excadrill (Drillbit)
Male
Lv 37
Sand Rush
Bright Powder
Bold, Good Endurance
140/99/66/43/58/81
Metal Claw/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Hone Claws
Notes: Not the best setup for an Excadrill, mainly the Bold nature, but he works well enough that I little complaint, especially considering how long it took me to even find him in Wellspring Cave. Anyway, this is sort of my usual move selection for Excadrill, but any suggestions would be fine.

Lilligant (Peach)
Female
Lv 35
Own Tempo
Miracle Seed
Hasty, Somewhat Stubborn
100/54/55/82/64/83
Quiver Dance/Magical Leaf/Sleep Powder/Giga Drain
Notes: Pretty satisfied with her, though I do plan on adding Petal Dance to her arsenal, since Own Tempo negates the drawback, essentially making it a 120 BP, 100% accuracy move. I know her options are limited, but she's working well so far, but if anyone has an idea or two, feel free to share it.

Carracosta (Slider)
Male
Lv 37
Sturdy
Bright Powder
Hardy, Likes to thrash about
111/96/109/67/58/30
Aqua Jet/Scald/Crunch/Smack Down
Notes: Plan on giving him Surf to replace Scald, while Smack Down will be replaced by Rock Slide. Pretty satisfied so far, but, like everyone else, any suggestions are fine.

Cofagrigus (Lala) (I like Monster Musume, deal with it)
Female
Lv 36
Mummy
Rocky Helmet
Mild, Hates to Lose
97/43/107/92/90/29
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp/Hex
Notes: Cheated a bit when I first caught her by trading her over to my other White version and taught her Shadow Ball and Psychic so she'd have some offensive might right away. As you can see, she's my stall/tank. Might replace Will-O-Wisp with Toxic, as its inaccuracy is starting to get to me (75%), but I'm not sure. Any ideas or suggestions?

Galvantula (Rachnera) (Again, I like Monster Musume, deal with it)
Female
Lv 37
Compound Eyes
Shell Bell
Calm, Often Scatters things
106/60/56/83/61/90
Electroweb/Signal Beam/Volt Switch/Slash
Notes: She's the newest recruit. Taught her Volt Switch to help with quick leveling up (the whole "place weak Mon in front then switch as soon as battle starts" strategy). Will teach her Thunderbolt for a more reliable move, though Compound Eyes/Thunder is tempting. Need some suggestions on her, however, as I'm not 100% sure what would work best atm.

So that's what I've got so far. Any ideas or suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

So I am playing pokemon white 2. I am playing in a competition with my friend. we randomly generated 6 pokemon each. i got charizard chandelure krookodile seismetoad conkeldurr and lucario.
He got Empolion, ivysaur, abrakadabra, zoura axew and gengar. What would be the best moves for my pokemon to learn?

So as I mentioned in another thread, I'm doing a White version replay for fun. I just beat Skyla and about to progress to Twist Mountain.
LOL I'm exactly in the same point now on Pokemon Black playthrough. I defeated Skyle with only my Stoutland (my favourite gen 5 pokemon!). I wanted to do the game a bit challenging, so I made many weird choices and I am a bit underleveled. I'm entering the Twist Mounain now and here is my team:

1) Stoutland (Normal) LVL 38
Strength
Work Up
Crunch
Retaliate

2) Servine (Grass) LVL 32
Leaf Blade
Leaf Tornado
Mega Drain
Grass Pledge

3) Palpitoad (Water/Ground) LVL 34
Aqua Ring
Mud Shot
Muddy Water
Bubblebeam

4) Scraggy (Dark/Fighting) LVL 36
High Jump Kick
Brick Break
Payback
Faint Attack

5) Darumaka (Fire) LVL 33
Thrash
Headbutt
Fire Punch
Flare Blitz

6) Unfezant (Normal/Flying) Female LVL 33
Fly
Air Slash
Roost
Quick Attack

I'm currently playing Pokemon Y, just defeated Team Flare and captured Yveltal. Wanted to get some advice on my current team mainly because it seems to be missing something, (possibly coverage for a certain type?) I'm not sure. I have seen various builds for these Pokemon that include HMs/TMs that I haven't found or purchased yet, so bear with me.

Yveltal
Ability: Dark Aura
Nature: Serious
Level: 50
201/148/115/148/107/119/
Snarl
Oblivion Wing
Disable
Dark Pulse

Gardevoir
Ability: Trace
Nature: Lonely
Level: 48
133/96/69/134/132/109/
Psychic
Confusion
Dazzling Gleam
Thunderbolt

Greninja
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Impish
Level: 62
175/151/122/133/110/187/
Bubble
Water Shuriken
Surf
Extrasensory

Gabite
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Mild
Level: 42
119/96/54/55/54/85/
Dig
Sand Tomb
Shadow Claw
Dragon Claw
Trying to evolve this one into Garchomp, so go on that basis :)

Lucario
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Hasty
Level: 59
162/171/94/166/102/166/
Close Combat
Quick Guard
Calm Mind
Aura Sphere
Holding Lucarionite

Charizard
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hardy
Level: 53
154/115/101/134/102/127/
Fly
Dragon Rage
Flamethrower
Flame Burst
Holding Charizardite Y

Other possible swap outs:

Tyrantrum
Ability: Strong Jaw
Nature: Docile
Level: 42
136/128/117/72/64/73/
Dragon Claw
Strength
Crunch
Ancient Power

Doublade
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Rash
Level: 47
118/121/156/59/53/55/
Iron Head
Night Slash
Shadow Sneak
Iron Defense
Trying to evolve to Aegislash, go with that in mind.

Roserade
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Lonely
Level: 41
107/78/62/114/103/89/
Growth
Poison Sting
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
I saw this Pokemon mentioned on a team list in a couple of different places, but I'm not sure why. I've been trying to level it up but she seems kind of useless, unless she just doesn't have the right moveset?

Thanks!

So I am playing pokemon white 2. I am playing in a competition with my friend. we randomly generated 6 pokemon each. i got charizard chandelure krookodile seismetoad conkeldurr and lucario.
He got Empolion, ivysaur, abrakadabra, zoura axew and gengar. What would be the best moves for my pokemon to learn?

Here is a list of what I believe is best based off pokedex 3D pro... this is more for coverage than anything else, but if you want some status moves on these just ask. I'll give you 4 moves for each slot... (Oh and my personal preference is in bold)
Charizard: Air Slash, Wing Attack, Fly, Sky Drop
Flamethrower/Heat Wave/Fire Blast/Blast Burn
Earthquake/Bulldoze/ Dragon Tail/ Outrage
Focus Blast/Brick Break/ Thunder Punch

{LIFE HAS FINISHED BECKONING, THIS IS CONTINUED IN A LATER REPLY}

Last edited:
Lets take a look at Krookodile as Tea has 'zard pretty well sewn up.

I'd say that Earthquake is a must have 100 power/100% accuracy/STAB/0 drawbacks are always welcome additions.

From there your Dark STAB should either be Crunch or Foul Play. I'm not as familiar with Gen V, so I can't say how physical the 'Dex is. Let your common opponents be your guide.

From there, its all about the coverage that you want. Solid options include: Outrage (lvl 60), Dragon Claw (TM02), Brick Break (TM31), Aerial Ace (TM40), Focus Miss (TM52), Shadow Claw (TM65), Stone Edge (TM71), Rock Slide (TM80), Dragon Tail (TM82), Swagger (TM87) (pairs well with Foul Play), Substitute (TM90), Aqua Tail (Tutor), Iron Tail (Tutor), Low Kick (Tutor), Stealth Rock (Tutor), Superpower (Tutor).

As you can see, you have plenty of options. My final moveset recommendations are: Earthquake/Crunch/Outrage or Dragon Claw/Rock Slide. But that is just me.

Alright so Arcalargo has done Krookodile, so I'll continue from there. (I'll be using the same format as before). Oh and did you want EV's? Or items?

Chandelure:
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower/Overheat/Fire Blast/Heat Wave
Psychic/Trick Room/Curse
Dark Pulse/Energy Ball/Will-o-Wisp/Toxic(Couldn't decide which one I liked better)

I will mention that curse needs to be learned before you evolve it through litwick or lampent.

Seismitoad:
Stealth Rock (I think you should open with Seismitoad to be honest)
Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb/Toxic
Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump
Earthquake/Earth Power/Bulldoze

I hardly ever use water or ground types, so if this looks weird, then it's due to my lack of experience with these types.

Conkeldurr:
Hammer Arm/Superpower/Drain Punch/Mach Punch
Thunder Punch/Smack Down/Stone Edge
Ice Punch/Retaliate/Poison Jab
Fire Punch/Earthquake/Bulk Up

Just don't use any special moves on this pokemon. That's all I ever ask.

Lucario: (Ah something I have used a couple of times)
Ice Punch/Crunch/Bullet Punch
Swords Dance/Blaze Kick
Close Combat
/Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse/Extreme Speed

Do anything you want with this thing. It's so versatile that it'll pretty much be good.

This is more like a suggestion question.

I have defeated Elite 4 for the second time after receiving 16 badges. So my next goal is to defeat Red and receive Kanto/Hoenn starters from Professors. Therefore I challenge elite four repeatedly in order to make Lv. 85 my all Pokémon. However I have only 4 Pokémon trained so far.

1. Typhlosion (FlameThrower/Eruption/Rock Climb/Double Edge)
2. Lapras (Surf/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Perish Song)
3. Haunter (Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond/Hypnosis/Dream Eeater)
4. Kadabra (Psychic/Future Sight/Psycho Cut/Recover)

With which Pokémon should I complete my team? I think one Flying, one Dragon type could be useful. But I am open to new ideas.

Also I have some cool TMs in my bag such as Earthquake, Flamethrower, Psychic, Overheat, Dragon Pulse, Poison Jab. I am totally going to need Earthquake to defeat Red's Pikachu. Which Pokémon should learn Earthquake, plus do you have any suggestions to use these moves on Pokémon?

PS. Heart Gold, not Soul Silver.

Anyone tries to help me - Thanks in advance!

@Rockapheller If it were me, I'd go with either a Tyranitar or Golem and a Dragonite or Salamence.

Tyranitar - (Earthquake/Stone Edge/Crunch/Thunder Fang)
Golem - (Earthquake/Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Return)
Dragonite - (Dragon Dance/Thunder Punch/Outrage/Fly)
Salamence - (Fly/Dragon Claw/Crunch/Zen Headbutt or Dragon Dance if you feel like breeding)

This is just my opinion, I think your team could use some physical attackers that hit like trucks. Other options include Lucario, Garchomp, Kingdra, Flygon or Skarmory. Let me know if you need any of these for breeding, I should be able to get them to you.

Okay, I'm doing a rerun of X (I never get as far as I should in that game), and I'm doing a pure Kalos Mon run. I'm also not doing any extra breeding for better abilities and such, just whatever I catch I will use, as it's supposed to be. Anyway, let's get down to business. I need to figure out which Pokemon to balance out my team with. I've only just got the Bug Badge, so I'm not very far just yet, but I want to do some early planning so I have a general idea of what I want to do. Anyway, here is my team so far:

Frogadier (Tidal)
Lv 18
Male
Torrent
Naughty, Alert to Sounds
Stats: 51/31/29/40/22/47
Moves: Water Pulse, Lick, Quick Attack, Bubble

Fletchling (Firestorm)
Lv 16
Male
Big Pecks
Serious, Highly persistent
Stats: 42/23/21/17/18/25
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck

Flabebe (Fae)
Lv 7
Female
Flower Veil
Impish, Mischievous
Stats: 24/10/13/13/17/12
Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind

Bunnelby (Digger)
Lv 12
Male
Pickup
Hasty, Thoroughly cunning
Stats: 33/14/13/15/16/23
Moves: Tackle, Agility, Leer, Quick Attack

Notes: Bunnelby is temporary, just to give me some extra firepower, though mostly I'm using him for Pickup. As for Flabebe, I just caught it before saving for the night. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep her or not, as I'm debating between having either Florges or Slurpuff as my Fairy Mon. I've used Florges before, so I know her pros and cons, but Slurpuff looks more well-rounded and has a wider range of moves, plus I haven't used it yet. Which ones do you think I should take? Also, to fill out the other spaces, I was thinking of Mons like Skiddo, Honedge, Hawlucha, and Bergmite. Can anyone give me some ideas or advice? This is just a for-fun run, so I want to experiment with some things, but given the small number of Kalos Mons, it limits my choices. So any suggestions would be fine. Thanks in advance.

Okay, I'm doing a rerun of X (I never get as far as I should in that game), and I'm doing a pure Kalos Mon run. I'm also not doing any extra breeding for better abilities and such, just whatever I catch I will use, as it's supposed to be. Anyway, let's get down to business. I need to figure out which Pokemon to balance out my team with. I've only just got the Bug Badge, so I'm not very far just yet, but I want to do some early planning so I have a general idea of what I want to do. Anyway, here is my team so far:

Frogadier (Tidal)
Lv 18
Male
Torrent
Naughty, Alert to Sounds
Stats: 51/31/29/40/22/47
Moves: Water Pulse, Lick, Quick Attack, Bubble

Fletchling (Firestorm)
Lv 16
Male
Big Pecks
Stats: 42/23/21/17/18/25
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck

Flabebe (Fae)
Lv 7
Female
Flower Veil
Impish, Mischievous
Stats: 24/10/13/13/17/12
Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind

Bunnelby (Digger)
Lv 12
Male
Pickup
Hasty, Thoroughly cunning
Stats: 33/14/13/15/16/23
Moves: Tackle, Agility, Leer, Quick Attack

Notes: Bunnelby is temporary, just to give me some extra firepower, though mostly I'm using him for Pickup. As for Flabebe, I just caught it before saving for the night. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep her or not, as I'm debating between having either Florges or Slurpuff as my Fairy Mon. I've used Florges before, so I know her pros and cons, but Slurpuff looks more well-rounded and has a wider range of moves, plus I haven't used it yet. Which ones do you think I should take? Also, to fill out the other spaces, I was thinking of Mons like Skiddo, Honedge, Hawlucha, and Bergmite. Can anyone give me some ideas or advice? This is just a for-fun run, so I want to experiment with some things, but given the small number of Kalos Mons, it limits my choices. So any suggestions would be fine. Thanks in advance.

I assume you aren't worried about natures, so I won't list any as I'm not really a big fan of using many Kalos pokemon.

So far your team has been lacking a defensive 'mon, so I would recommend Honege --> Doublade --> Aegislash Line. But I would also reccomend, (and perhaps you can use both), Goodra. Nice, Specially Defensive pokemon with the best type (sorta).

I'm positive you don't want to have your starter being the one to learn surf all the time, and the solution? Heliolisk. Heliolisk can learn surf, and has decent stats. One of my personal favourite Kalos pokemon right there.

If you want intresting pokemon to use, I would recommend Avalugg, Pangoro, or Trevenant.

On your question in regards to Florges & Slurpuff, I don't use fairy type pokemon much, and thus I recommend just using the one you haven't used for the sake of it.

I'm not sure if the pokemon I've said will provide all the HM's that you require, but you can always use Barbaracle for rock smash and Strength if required, or hell, make it a HM Master (slave).

Anyway, other than that, just watch your defense. If you need a mega, well only Diancie is at your disposal, but I don't think you need a mega to get through X.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Thanks @Tea & Scones for the suggestions. I've taken up a number of them and so far so good.

Anyway, moving on, I'm currently at Dendemille Town, though I'm going to the Lost Hotel soon for some more EXP and such. My team is coming along, having beaten all the gyms at this point (though Clemont gave me some trouble... actually he gave me quite a bit of trouble, with me barely scraping out a win). I'm still looking to fine-tune the team. Here's what I've got so far.

Greninja (Tidal)
Lv 47
Male
Torrent
Naughty, Alert to sounds
Amulet Coin
Stats: 140/126/89/122/67/151
Moves: Water Pledge, Power-Up Punch, Water Shuriken, Theif

Talonflame (Firestorm)
Lv 43
Male
Flame Body
King's Rock
Stats: 132/92/78/74/72/127
Moves: Aerial Ace, Fly, Flame Charge, Thief

Doublade (Excalibur)
Lv 42
Male
No Guard
Hasty, Hates to lose
Rocky Helmet
Stats: 110/107/126/53/60/52
Moves: Arial Ace, Iron Defense, Night Slash, Shadow Sneak

Slurpuff (Cream)
Lv 40
Female
Sweet Veil
Brave, Capable of taking hits
Leftovers
Stats: 133/105/89/86/74/60
Moves: Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Surf

Aurorus (Coldsnap)
Lv 40
Male
Refrigerate
Quirky, Likes the thrash about
Quick Claw
Stats: 159/81/68/98/83/57
Moves: Rock Tomb, Thunder Wave, Rock Smash, Aurora Beam

Sliggoo (Plasma)
Lv 40
Male
Sap Sipper
Timid, Likes to thrash about
Eviolite
Stats: 119/81/62/89/104/75
Moves: Muddy Water, Dragon Breath, Body Slam, Bide

Okay, that's what I've got so far. Does anyone have any more suggestions? I plan to evolve my Doublade with the Dusk Stone I got from Super Training, so I'll be getting Iron Head and King's Shield very soon (which is good as Excalibur's been struggling a bit). I also plan to acquire Flare Blitz for Firestorm and Night Slash for Tidal. However, I'm a bit stumped with both Coldsnap and Plasma, as I haven't raised their species before except for dex data, so any suggestions for them right now? In general, does anyone have any suggestions for how to round-out my team's arsenal? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom