• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Alright Bulbaknights, I find myself needing some help on my Nuzlocke of Sapphire. I whomped LeafGreen and got cocky. And promptly lost half my team in the second Gym. SO, I need some help in fleshing out my team as I march onward. I am currently in Fallarbor town and I have the following Pokémon available: Numel, Loudred, Electrike, Dustox, Linoone(HM slave), Machop, Tentacool, Roselia, Makuhita, Gyarados, and Spinda. I have route 114 and Meteor Falls coming up, so I'm hoping to get a Swablu instead of a Lotad line and I'll deal with the Zubat that I'll be forced to try and catch. So please, help me out. I've not been a huge fan of RSE so I haven't ever played it through from opening to credits before. Thank you in advance.

I also have several TM's from LeafGreen.

Last edited:
Alright, I have my Swablu and will begin leveling it soon as I think a Dragon wouldn't hurt.

Also, some of the TM's that I have from my LeafGreen are Toxic, Dragon Claw, Bulk up, Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder. I also have enough coinage to grab one of the IceBeam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower trio.

Please, any help is appreciated.

I'm rerunning Y & thought given the OP nature of exp share that I would run a 9 pokemon team through the games hopefully that will make things a bit tougher for me (shame there isn't a hard mode built in).

All the mons are dual types that mean I have every type covered on the team (took quite a while to come up with a combination that did this). Currently all the mons are level 16-18

Would my fellow members be kind enough to put some movesets together for the following pokemon

Final Forms
Klefki
Dragonite
Gengar
Greninja
Delphox
Helioisk
Heracross
Rhyperior
Abomasnow

I have a completed X game so access to in game TMs/mega stones won't be a problem

This thread is basically what it says it is. Advice on Pokemon Sun and Moon. You can ask questions about Pokemon and teams. Just remember that there will probably be many spoilers in this thread, so please read with caution.

When posting your team, please state the game you are playing, the Pokémon's species and their movesets as a minimum.

GENERAL FORMAT TO BE USED:
Game being played:
Team:
Pokémon 1 [@item equipped (if any)]
Ability:
Nature:
Level:
[Stats 00/00/00/00/00/00]
move
move
move
move
[Any problems/notes you have about this team member]

Pokémon 2 [@item equipped (if any)]
Ability:
Nature:
Level:
move
move
move
move

Pokémon 3 [@item equipped (if any)]
Ability:
Nature:
Level:
move
move
move
move

[Final comments/asks for advice here] etc. and so on.

Note: This is for in-game teams only.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm up to the point where I'm about to take Kiawe's trial, but I wanted to see what people think of my team so far.

Game: Moon

Torracat (Meowzma)
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Quirky/Takes plenty of Siestas
Level: 30
Stats: 93/70/41/58/44/73
Attacks:
Acrobatics
Fire Fang
Bite
Hidden Power (Steel)
Notes: Meowzma is pretty solid right now. He's my go-to Mon, so I don't have any sort of complaints or problems, but any suggestions are fine.

Lycanroc Midnight (Sveta) Leftovers
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Gentle/Alert to sounds
Level: 28
Stats: 90/77/49/45/57/64
Attacks:
Rock Tomb
Brick Break
Bite
Howl
Notes: Sveta is pretty solid as well, but I'm looking into better moves for her. Plan to replace Rock Tomb with Rock Slide and Bite with Crunch, but not sure what move to replace Howl with. Any suggestions?

Charjabug (Sparkplug)
Ability: Battery
Nature: Serious/Mischievous
Level: 27
Stats: 71/55/58/44/47/37
Attacks:
Acrobatics
Bug Bite
Spark
Crunch
Notes: Since it'll be a while before Sparkplug evolves (not until the final island *weeps*), I'm working with what I've got right now. I plan to give him Bug Buzz and Thunderbolt when he evolves, but I'm not sure about any other moves or items to give him. Anyone got any ideas?

Fomantis (Violet) Bright Powder
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Mild/Thoroughly cunning
Level: 26
Stats: 64/35/24/41/29/29
Attacks:
Fury Cutter
Round
Leaf Blade
Growth
Notes: Since she did so well in Lana's trial, I decided to keep her on-hand for a while and see how she does. I'm not sure about what attacks to give her, as Leaf Blade is the only one I'm pretty much set on (though I'm tempted to give her Solar Blade later down the road). I gave her Round to feed off her stronger Sp Atk stat as well as give her some extra coverage. Any suggestions?

That's about it right now. I also have an Alolan Meowth and Fletchinder as fillers for now until I find other certain Pokemon like Wimpod. But I'm very open to suggestions here, so feel free to make some.

Currently struggling to think of a possible sixth member. I've just arrived at Paniola Ranch.

Dartrix
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Lonely
Level: 19
63/38/26/37/37 this is the right order right
Razor Leaf / Astonish / Work Up / Peck
Notes: I was thinking of Brave Bird / Leaf Blade / Steel Wing / Spirit Shackle for for endgame. No problems with Dartrix.

Cutiefly
Ability: Shield Dust
Nature: Naive
Level: 18
47/26/19/39/20/28
Acrobatics / Draining Kiss / Stun Spore / Silver Wind
Notes: I taught it Acrobatics as a temporary coverage move until it learns something better.
I also have a Trumbeak and Makuhita serving as temporary party members. I'm planning on also using Salazzle, Bewear and Lanturn.

Okay, I'm up to the point where I'm about to take Kiawe's trial, but I wanted to see what people think of my team so far.

Torracat (Meowzma)
Nature: Quirky/Takes plenty of Siestas
Level: 30
Stats: 93/70/41/58/44/73
Attacks:
Acrobatics
Fire Fang
Bite
Hidden Power (Steel)
Notes: Meowzma is pretty solid right now. He's my go-to Mon, so I don't have any sort of complaints or problems, but any suggestions are fine.

Lycanroc Midnight (Sveta) Leftovers
Nature: Gentle/Alert to sounds
Level: 28
Stats: 90/77/49/45/57/64
Attacks:
Rock Tomb
Brick Break
Bite
Howl
Notes: Sveta is pretty solid as well, but I'm looking into better moves for her. Plan to replace Rock Tomb with Rock Slide and Bite with Crunch, but not sure what move to replace Howl with. Any suggestions?

Charjabug (Sparkplug)
Nature: Serious/Mischievous
Level: 27
Stats: 71/55/58/44/47/37
Attacks:
Acrobatics
Bug Bite
Spark
Crunch
Notes: Since it'll be a while before Sparkplug evolves (not until the final island *weeps*), I'm working with what I've got right now. I plan to give him Bug Buzz and Thunderbolt when he evolves, but I'm not sure about any other moves or items to give him. Anyone got any ideas?

Fomantis (Violet) Bright Powder
Nature: Mild/Thoroughly cunning
Level: 26
Stats: 64/35/24/41/29/29
Attacks:
Fury Cutter
Round
Leaf Blade
Growth
Notes: Since she did so well in Lana's trial, I decided to keep her on-hand for a while and see how she does. I'm not sure about what attacks to give her, as Leaf Blade is the only one I'm pretty much set on (though I'm tempted to give her Solar Blade later down the road). I gave her Round to feed off her stronger Sp Atk stat as well as give her some extra coverage. Any suggestions?

That's about it right now. I also have an Alolan Meowth and Fletchinder as fillers for now until I find other certain Pokemon like Wimpod. But I'm very open to suggestions here, so feel free to make some.

First things first, Meowzma's not really gonna be doing much with his Sp. Att, though Hidden Power's probably alright to have for coverage for now~ Sveta's planned moves are great~ Maybe Swords Dance or Rock Polish for some set up to replace Howl. Sparkplug can grab Energy Ball and can relearn Air Slash for the last two moves! :3 If you can find one, an Expert Belt would be perfect, IMO~ For Violet, I'm running Leech Life on mine for some nice recovery with the boost it's gotten to power. I'd consider that and perhaps with Leaf Blade, Solar Blade, and/or X-Scissor and maybe Synthesis for recovery.

Hope that helped a bit, though it's late~ XP

Currently struggling to think of a possible sixth member. I've just arrived at Paniola Ranch.

Dartrix
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Lonely
Level: 19
63/38/26/37/37 this is the right order right
Razor Leaf / Astonish / Work Up / Peck
Notes: I was thinking of Brave Bird / Leaf Blade / Steel Wing / Spirit Shackle for for endgame. No problems with Dartrix.

Cutiefly
Nature: Naive
Level: 18
47/26/19/39/20/28
Acrobatics / Draining Kiss / Stun Spore / Silver Wind
Notes: I taught it Acrobatics as a temporary coverage move until it learns something better.
I also have a Trumbeak and Makuhita serving as temporary party members. I'm planning on also using Salazzle, Bewear and Lanturn.

Agreed, Dartrix is looking like it'll be a force to be reckoned with! Cutiefly with evolve and get some great moves like Bug Buzz, Dazzling Gleam
Pollen Puff, and can get Psychic to fend off Poison types. With Trumbeak and Salazzle, your team's overall gonna have a huge Rock Weakness, so Bewear and Lanturn will be great additions to help counter that!

Hope this helped a bit! Let me know if you need anything else~ :3

Okay, here's my current team.

Game being played: Moon

Primarina (female) @Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Careful
Level: 51
Stats: 158/100/101/137/139/86
Sparkling Aria
Moonblast
Dazzling Gleam
Hyper Voice

I don't think I need to change anything about her, she's my best team member. But I'm still taking suggestions. I never use Hyper Voice, but I don't know what I could replace it with, and I think she's fine using only the first 3 moves.

Ribombee (male) @Big Root
Nature: Hardy
Level: 44
Stats: 119/70/69/100/79/126
Pollen Puff
Draining Kiss
Leech Life
Dazzling Gleam

Ribombee is very good too, but still taking suggestions.

Jolteon (male) @Scope Lens
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Adamant
Level: 47
Stats: 133/91/68/109/109/134
Discharge
Volt Switch
Thunder
Bite

Jolteon is a good team member, but I feel like his moveset needs a little more variety. I don't think Jolteon is a Pokémon with a particularly great variety of moves though.

Palossand (female) @Spell tag
Ability: Water Compaction
Nature: Mild
Stats: 140/77/96/105/74/53
Shadow Ball
Bulldoze
Psychic
Giga Drain

Despite being the one with most type variety in moves, I feel like her moveset is the worst right now. Shadow Ball is the only move that does consistently good damage due to STAB + Spell Tag. The other moves need to be replaced.

Goodra (male) @No item
Ability: Hydration
Level: 50
Stats: 156/125/80/145/158/99
Dragon Pulse
Aqua Tail
Rain Dance
Power Whip

I'd say his moveset is pretty good, so I don't think it needs much change. I need some ideas for an item.

I'm currently grinding everyone to level 50 before challenging the Pokémon League but I only have 5 Pokémon. Any ideas on what changes I could make and what Pokémon I should get for the sixth slot?

Thanks @Team Gaara , those ideas are very helpful. I'm putting them into consideration, though I've already utilize some of your advice before taking on Sophocles. Namely giving Sveta Swords Dance and Leech Life to Violet, the former of which effectively trounced the Totem Vikavolt.

Anyway, here's my updated team. I just beat Guzma.

Incineroar (Meowzma, male) Incinium Z
Nature: Quirky, Takes plenty of siestas
Level: 43
Stats: 156/129/92/81/97/79
Leech Life
Fire Fang
Darkest Lariat
Shadow Claw
Notes: I replaced Acrobatics and Hidden Power with Leech Life and Shadow Claw. While both moves have served me well, I can no longer use Acrobatics to the fullest with the Z-Crystals, and Meowzma's Sp Atk isn't making Hidden Power worth it anymore, despite good coverage. I plan to get Flare Blitz to replace Fire Fang eventually, which is another reason why I gave Meowzma Leech Life: to restore any self-inflicted damage. But any suggestions are fine for Meowzma.

Lycanroc Midnight (Sveta, female) Leftovers
Nature:Gentle, Alert to sounds
Level: 41
Stats: 129/118/73/64/85/101
Rock Slide
Brick Break
Crunch
Swords Dance
Notes: Sveta is pretty much setup now. Swords Dance really came in handy against the Totem Vikavolt, allowing her Rock Slide to squash those bugs with ease. She's also a pretty effective tank, as she's taken on quite a bit of punishment against many Totems and SOS battles and effectively come out with minor damage. Plus those Leftovers have further increased her longevity. But any other suggestions are fine.

Charjabug (Sparkplug, male) Muscle Band
Nature:Serious, Mischievous
Level: 39
Stats: 100/85/85/61/69/58
Dig
X-Scissor
Spark
Crunch
Notes: I plan to take up the suggestion and give Sparkplug Energy Ball and Air Slash once he evolves, but I have yet to get to that point (obviously). So this setup is good for now.

Lurantis (Violet, female) Amulet Coin
Nature: Mild, Thoroughly cunning
Level: 40
Stats: 120/103/81/90/91/62
Leech Life
Aerial Ace
Leaf Blad
Petal Blizzard
Notes: Obviously, Violet has evolved since last time. I took up Team Garra's suggestion on Leech Life and it's been a life-saver in boosting her longevity. I missed out on Synthesis (I don't generally use recovery moves), so I gave her Aerial Ace for coverage. I plan to give her Solar Blade down the road, but any other suggestions are fine for her.

Golisopod (Courage, male) Big Root
Ability: Emergency Exit
Nature: Impish, Takes plenty of siestas
Stats: 121/121/133/46/83/57
Leech Life
Brick Break
Shadow Claw
Scald
Notes: The newest recruit since last time. I know Scald is a waste of space, since his Sp Atk is worthless, but I needed to give him a Water move to tide him over until I get him something better. Anyway, he's pretty tank-ish at the moment, able to soak up a lot of damage before Emergency Exit kicks in. Any suggestions are fine, however, as I'm still trying to iron out his moves.

I know my team is very overleveled at this point, as I've done a lot of backtracking and Poke-hunting. Plus I really need to turn off the Exp Share. However, I have had moments where I've struggled even with such high levels, so it kinda balances out a bit. But any suggestions are fine, as I want to fine-tune my team. And I'm debating who should be my final teammate: Mimikyu or Kommo-o? Any suggestions there? Thanks in advance.

And I'm debating who should be my final teammate: Mimikyu or Kommo-o? Any suggestions there? Thanks in advance.
Kommo-o would be your 3rd pokemon weak to flying, and you get access to mimikyu a lot earlier. That's my gut reaction, at least

Okay, here's my current team.

Game being played: Moon

Primarina (female) @Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Careful
Level: 51
Stats: 158/100/101/137/139/86
Sparkling Aria
Moonblast
Dazzling Gleam
Hyper Voice

I don't think I need to change anything about her, she's my best team member. But I'm still taking suggestions. I never use Hyper Voice, but I don't know what I could replace it with, and I think she's fine using only the first 3 moves.

Ribombee (male) @Big Root
Nature: Hardy
Stats: 119/70/69/100/79/126
Pollen Puff
Draining Kiss
Leech Life
Dazzling Gleam

Ribombee is very good too, but still taking suggestions.

Jolteon (male) @Scope Lens
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Adamant
Level: 47
Stats: 133/91/68/109/109/134
Discharge
Volt Switch
Thunder
Bite

Jolteon is a good team member, but I feel like his moveset needs a little more variety. I don't think Jolteon is a Pokémon with a particularly great variety of moves though.

Palossand (female) @Spell tag
Ability: Water Compaction
Stats: 140/77/96/105/74/53
Shadow Ball
Bulldoze
Psychic
Giga Drain

Despite being the one with most type variety in moves, I feel like her moveset is the worst right now. Shadow Ball is the only move that does consistently good damage due to STAB + Spell Tag. The other moves need to be replaced.

Goodra (male) @No item
Ability: Hydration
Level: 50
Stats: 156/125/80/145/158/99
Dragon Pulse
Aqua Tail
Rain Dance
Power Whip

I'd say his moveset is pretty good, so I don't think it needs much change. I need some ideas for an item.

I'm currently grinding everyone to level 50 before challenging the Pokémon League but I only have 5 Pokémon. Any ideas on what changes I could make and what Pokémon I should get for the sixth slot?

Your team's looking great! I agree that Primarina's looking perfect right about now~ Maybe give her Energy Ball for taking on other Water types or Ice Beam for some Flying Coverage if you can get those TMs pre-game (not certain, haven't beat the game yet). Ribombee also looks good, though he probaly won't be doing much with Leech Life. try to see what Hidden Power he has, maybe, or Psychic for help with Poison Types which is common against Team Skull. For Jolteon, replace Bite with Shadow Ball ASAP! His Attack is worthless compared to Sp. Att and they more or less serve the same coverage~ Palosand actually looks pretty decent as far as coverage goes. Just wait for Earth Power to replace Buldoze to make use of the higher Sp. Att and she'll be good, IMO~ Goodra is looking alright, I'd say any item could be good for him that helps with his attacking, or maybe even a Z-Crystal.

As for a 6th mon, I don't know what the types are for the E4 and so on because I'm avoiding spoilers, but right now you have: Water, Fairy, Bug, Electric, Ground, Ghost, and Dragon on your team which is pretty good as it relates to not having and major weaknesses on the team. I honestly think any addition you want to make could be useful. Maybe consider a Fire-type? Salazzle? It might offer some helpful offense against Steel and Faries, should you need it.

Hope that was helpful and let me know if you need anything else! :3

Thanks @Team Gaara , those ideas are very helpful. I'm putting them into consideration, though I've already utilize some of your advice before taking on Sophocles. Namely giving Sveta Swords Dance and Leech Life to Violet, the former of which effectively trounced the Totem Vikavolt.

Anyway, here's my updated team. I just beat Guzma.

Incineroar (Meowzma, male) Incinium Z
Nature: Quirky, Takes plenty of siestas
Level: 43
Stats: 156/129/92/81/97/79
Leech Life
Fire Fang
Darkest Lariat
Shadow Claw
Notes: I replaced Acrobatics and Hidden Power with Leech Life and Shadow Claw. While both moves have served me well, I can no longer use Acrobatics to the fullest with the Z-Crystals, and Meowzma's Sp Atk isn't making Hidden Power worth it anymore, despite good coverage. I plan to get Flare Blitz to replace Fire Fang eventually, which is another reason why I gave Meowzma Leech Life: to restore any self-inflicted damage. But any suggestions are fine for Meowzma.

Lycanroc Midnight (Sveta, female) Leftovers
Nature:Gentle, Alert to sounds
Level: 41
Stats: 129/118/73/64/85/101
Rock Slide
Brick Break
Crunch
Swords Dance
Notes: Sveta is pretty much setup now. Swords Dance really came in handy against the Totem Vikavolt, allowing her Rock Slide to squash those bugs with ease. She's also a pretty effective tank, as she's taken on quite a bit of punishment against many Totems and SOS battles and effectively come out with minor damage. Plus those Leftovers have further increased her longevity. But any other suggestions are fine.

Charjabug (Sparkplug, male) Muscle Band
Nature:Serious, Mischievous
Stats: 100/85/85/61/69/58
Dig
X-Scissor
Spark
Crunch
Notes: I plan to take up the suggestion and give Sparkplug Energy Ball and Air Slash once he evolves, but I have yet to get to that point (obviously). So this setup is good for now.

Lurantis (Violet, female) Amulet Coin
Nature: Mild, Thoroughly cunning
Level: 40
Stats: 120/103/81/90/91/62
Leech Life
Aerial Ace
Leaf Blad
Petal Blizzard
Notes: Obviously, Violet has evolved since last time. I took up Team Garra's suggestion on Leech Life and it's been a life-saver in boosting her longevity. I missed out on Synthesis (I don't generally use recovery moves), so I gave her Aerial Ace for coverage. I plan to give her Solar Blade down the road, but any other suggestions are fine for her.

Golisopod (Courage, male) Big Root
Ability: Emergency Exit
Nature: Impish, Takes plenty of siestas
Stats: 121/121/133/46/83/57
Leech Life
Brick Break
Shadow Claw
Scald
Notes: The newest recruit since last time. I know Scald is a waste of space, since his Sp Atk is worthless, but I needed to give him a Water move to tide him over until I get him something better. Anyway, he's pretty tank-ish at the moment, able to soak up a lot of damage before Emergency Exit kicks in. Any suggestions are fine, however, as I'm still trying to iron out his moves.

I know my team is very overleveled at this point, as I've done a lot of backtracking and Poke-hunting. Plus I really need to turn off the Exp Share. However, I have had moments where I've struggled even with such high levels, so it kinda balances out a bit. But any suggestions are fine, as I want to fine-tune my team. And I'm debating who should be my final teammate: Mimikyu or Kommo-o? Any suggestions there? Thanks in advance.

Glad I could help! X3 Glad your strategy worked out against Totem Vikivolt!!

Looking at your current team, yep, you'll defs want to replace Fire Fang with Flare Blitz (waiting on it myself, too XP). Shadow Claw is good for coverage, though, I have Brick Break instead on mine, just for those pesky Rock-types. I also think Sveta's good to go, too~ Sparkplug's good for his current state. That moveset looks pretty good for now. Jealous of your Lurantis having Aerial Ace (And an Amulet Coin that I still haven't been able to find, for that matter XP)~ Awesome that Leech Life's proven useful for you, too! :3 Since you have Leaf Blade, I might just suggest replacing Petal Blizzard with another option for coverage (I try to have as much coverage + STAB as possible, so sorry if it's getting repetitive >____> ). Personally, I use Brick Break, but Petal Blizzard is actually fine for an option. It especially has proven hella useful for all the damn SOS battles we're up against~ Looking at Golisopod RN and Courage can actually relearn Razor Shell if you can try to aim for that~ Otherwise, his Physical Water move won't be coming till just about Lv50. Otherwise, you'll want to also get First Impression on him, IMO~ A huge hit to start his turn will always be a good thing, and since he'll probably be switching out eventually, he'll have some chances to make use of it since it only works on his first turn. Big Root's a good option for helping his Leech Life~

As for the last team member, I agree that Kommo-o probably wouldn't be the best, type-wise, with that Flying Weakness. Mimikyu's actually a lot stronger than it seems like it would be and will always have one turn of free damage to take, so it does have its uses. But if you want to go for a hard hitter, Kommo-o would probably be the better choice. I've suggested Brick Break on some mons here and there for Fighting coverage, so having him might be good in that regard, Plus Dragon is a nice Defensive typing all around for Water, Fire, Grass, and Electric (all of which you have, allowing him to potentially soak up those hits). I think either could actually play out well, depending on what you're looking for~ :3

Your team's looking great! I agree that Primarina's looking perfect right about now~ Maybe give her Energy Ball for taking on other Water types or Ice Beam for some Flying Coverage if you can get those TMs pre-game (not certain, haven't beat the game yet).

I do have the TM for Energy Ball, so I'll be replacing Primarina's Hyper Voice with it.

Ribombee also looks good, though he probaly won't be doing much with Leech Life. try to see what Hidden Power he has, maybe, or Psychic for help with Poison Types which is common against Team Skull.

Leech Life is actually a pretty good, even stronger than Draining Kiss in fact. I didn't think about teaching him Psychic though, that's a good idea. I'll replace Draning Kiss with it.

For Jolteon, replace Bite with Shadow Ball ASAP! His Attack is worthless compared to Sp. Att and they more or less serve the same coverage~

Noted.

Palosand actually looks pretty decent as far as coverage goes. Just wait for Earth Power to replace Buldoze to make use of the higher Sp. Att and she'll be good, IMO~

Yeah, I just needed to wait a little. I leveled her up and she's actually making good use of her Ground STAB now, and even her other moves are doing good damage. It wasn't her fault for being weak, it's just that Bulldoze is a crappy move. lol

Goodra is looking alright, I'd say any item could be good for him that helps with his attacking, or maybe even a Z-Crystal.

A Z-Crystal is a very good idea, since I'm going to teach him Draco Meteor and I'd imagine the damage for the Z-move would be pretty big.

As for a 6th mon, I don't know what the types are for the E4 and so on because I'm avoiding spoilers, but right now you have: Water, Fairy, Bug, Electric, Ground, Ghost, and Dragon on your team which is pretty good as it relates to not having and major weaknesses on the team. I honestly think any addition you want to make could be useful. Maybe consider a Fire-type? Salazzle? It might offer some helpful offense against Steel and Faries, should you need it.

After some thought and looking at my Pokédex to find cool mons, I decided to use Bewear. I acidentally spoiled myself about the Elite Four and know what their types are, and I think it's going to be a good counter to a particular member that I didn't have much of a counter to. Plus I already had a Stufful I caught becase of an NPC that asked to see one so I didn't need to waste my time catching another Pokémon. Yeah I'm lazy like that.

Hope that was helpful and let me know if you need anything else! :3

Thanks, that was really hepful. I'm going to level my Stufful and if I need any help with her moveset I'll be sure to ask. :)

Looking for help rounding out my battle tree team. This is what I have so far:

Game being played:Sun
Team:
Toxapex [Sitrus Berry]
Ability:Merciless
Nature:Bold
Level:50 (actual lvl 52)
[Stats 157/64/224/73/157/54]
Toxic Spikes
Scald
Recover
Baneful Bunker

Alakazam [Alakazite]
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature:Modest
Level:50 (actual lvl 64)
[Stats 130/57/65/204/108/161]
Psychic
Thunder Wave
Calm Mind
Energy Ball

I do have the TM for Energy Ball, so I'll be replacing Primarina's Hyper Voice with it.

Why not replace dazzling gleam with energy ball? There isn't much need to be running two fairy-type moves on the same 'mon. With Primarina's high special attack power and STAB, moonblast will hit anything that doesn't resist it fairly hard. Otherwise, keep dazzling gleam over moonblast if you don't need the extra power and instead want to hit all foes in a double battle or battle royal. Replace one of those with ice beam so you're not scared out by grass types.

I would also opt for scald over sparkling aria. Scald is slightly weaker (80 base power instead of 90) and you would have to replace your Primarinum Z with another Z crystal or some other item, but the 30% burn chance will help to cripple physical attackers that would love to take advantage of Primarina's weaker physical defense stat.

Finally, I would consider shadow ball over energy ball. Energy ball alongside your water STAB attack only covers one additional type (water) and is resisted by far more types. By comparison, shadow ball gives you super-effective coverage against dark and psychic, neither of which are covered by your other attacks, and is only resisted by dark types, which your fairy STAB covers nicely.

Edit to reply to Rex Raven:

Your Toxapex is the reason I hate going up against them. The only suggestion I'd make is to go thief-farm Grimer to try and get a black sludge to replace the sitrus berry.

Diggersby Lv. 92
Item: Soft Sand
HP:285
Att:196
Def.160
Sp. Att:132
Sp. Def: 194
Speed: 169
Moves: Earthquake,Dig,Hammer Arm,Cut

I'm rerunning Y & thought given the OP nature of exp share that I would run a 9 pokemon team through the games hopefully that will make things a bit tougher for me (shame there isn't a hard mode built in).

All the mons are dual types that mean I have every type covered on the team (took quite a while to come up with a combination that did this). Currently all the mons are level 16-18

Would my fellow members be kind enough to put some movesets together for the following pokemon

Final Forms
Klefki
Dragonite
Gengar
Greninja
Delphox
Helioisk
Heracross
Rhyperior
Abomasnow

I have a completed X game so access to in game TMs/mega stones won't be a problem

The Dragonite I have has it's hidden ability Multiscale, which allows any damage Dragonite takes to be cut down by half as long as his HP is full. His moveset is Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Earthquake and Iron Head. Iron Head in particular is useful against the Fairy type and the Ice type.

Would you consider a Dragonite like this one?

@AmphBoss You know, I just realized that my life got a little bit turned upside-down that weekend and I never got around to making a list for you. Do you still need one/would you still like one?

I was playing Pokémon LeafGreen when I needed a water type for Blaine since I don't have anything that I could deal with him, Starmie and Vaporeon are great water types but I can't decide on what to pick.

Back
Top Bottom