• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Injured Pokemon

Pokestar

Reaction score
When you first meet Skyla she runs off to Celestial Tower to help an injured pokemon. When you get to the top she has already healed it and it flew off. What was that pokemon?

Possibly something that'll be explained further in the third version. Maybe a new way to get one of the Legendary birds. And it could depend on the starter you chose? Of course, it'd probably appear post-game.

The only clues we have is that it flew away and that it was on top of the tower. So it's something capable of flight, and something that's not so heavy that it would be improbable for it to get to the top of the tower. Given where this occurred, I think it's safe to say it's a Pokemon from the Unova region, possibly from the surrounding area. Actually, it's most likely from around the Celestial Tower area, as something injured isn't likely to get too far from where it came from. I think we can safely rule out Thundurus and Tornadus, as I'm pretty sure Skyla would have said if it was a legendary. This leaves Tranquill, Unfezant, and Emolga.

With a mustache.

The only clues we have is that it flew away and that it was on top of the tower. So it's something capable of flight, and something that's not so heavy that it would be improbable for it to get to the top of the tower. Given where this occurred, I think it's safe to say it's a Pokemon from the Unova region, possibly from the surrounding area. Actually, it's most likely from around the Celestial Tower area, as something injured isn't likely to get too far from where it came from. I think we can safely rule out Thundurus and Tornadus, as I'm pretty sure Skyla would have said if it was a legendary. This leaves Tranquill, Unfezant, and Emolga.

With a mustache.

It was probably Tranquill or Unfezant.

Emolga probably can't fly high enough for Skyla to see it from a cargo plane.

I thought that was a bit weird... In Generation II and their remakes you had to help a sick Ampharos at the light house recover, now you're just told about an injured Pokèmon and you never get to see it.. .it felt a bit pointless. Almost as if entering the villains lair and realizing someone else has already killed him.

No idea about what is is.

Maybe in the 3ed version they will explain it.

I'm probably guessing it's something mundane, and not necessarily a legendary, although it would be cool if it were a legendary. I'm probably going with Tranquill or Unfezant.

I thought that was a bit weird... In Generation II and their remakes you had to help a sick Ampharos at the light house recover, now you're just told about an injured Pokèmon and you never get to see it.. .it felt a bit pointless. Almost as if entering the villains lair and realizing someone else has already killed him.

Well, that was the point. All the gym leaders got to have some kind of plot or activity outside of their gym. She just took the initiative to help a Pokemon in need, like you would have. Your journey up the tower was literally just you waiting for the battle until she was done, because she wasn't in the gym.

I'm not too sure, like a few other people have said, I'm kind of hoping that it gets explained in the next game. If not then it feels really pointless xD I mean, it's like what someone said, going to the top of the lighthouse to help Ampharos, but there's no Ampharos..?

i think its not that much of a secret, maybe she didn't went there to heal a Pokémon, but to meet one, you know where i'm going with this...

I'm guessing it was an Unfezant (Possibly even the shiny one I discovered a while after while training).

Last edited:
It was actually a bird-shaped note that said "This is the only way we could think of to have you (Skyla) out of the gym". By healing it, she meant she threw it off the tower.

Rayquaza.

i think i'd actually back this up. Rayquaza lives in the Ozone, which, if i remember my schooling, covers the entire planet, therefore it showing up in Unova wouldn't be too crazy, although it raining wouldn't really work since 'Quaza cancels out weather.

idk.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom