• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The International Dub Thread

We have other characters who have their VAs recognized in the French-language dub:

Roy’s grandfather is voiced by Benoît Van Dorslaer.
Hamber is voiced by Bruno Georis.
Gibeon is voiced by Nicolas Matthys.
Spinel is voiced by Maxym Anciaux.
Roy’s Rotom Phone is voiced by Ludivine Deworst, who also voices Ann’s Rotom Phone and Dot.

In HZ008, both in the English and French-language dubs, Amethio is referred as a "young man", instead of a "young boy" in Japanese. Does that mean TPCi lifted his age (about the French-language dub, I already said that he was called a man by Liko) from teenager to young adult?

In HZ008, both in the English and French-language dubs, Amethio is referred as a "young man", instead of a "young boy" in Japanese. Does that mean TPCi lifted his age (about the French-language dub, I already said that he was called a man by Liko) from teenager to young adult?
Could be. I see some people say that he's posssibly around 13-19. So either one.

I don't know if it comes off differently in French but in English the phrase "young man" can be used to refer to teenage boys and even preteen boys sometimes (the narrator calls Ash that on occasion).

While Shérine Seyad doesn't voice Horizons Iono (she does voice her Paldean Winds' counterpart), she voices Sango, making her the 2nd Pokémon character she shares with Ikue Ōtani, the 1st one being Sawyer.

Back
Top Bottom