• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The International Dub Thread

If anyone is interested, these were the ending credits from when the first season redub finally aired in 2014. I think it's interesting beacuse they also rewrote the Japanese credits instead of just reusing the footage from the 4kids ending and the copyright at the end says ©2009 Pokémon, confirming when it was actually produced. On Pokémon TV they just use the English credits as everyone else.
They also removed the final part when the 4kids and Summit Media Group logo come out replaced with some footage from the episodes.
Unfortunately from 2009 to 2014 in those years i think something changed and a lot of stuff was lost.

The Arceus, the One Called God specials will be released in South Korea on July 21 on the VOD service platforms KT ollehTV, SK Btv, LG U+tv, and HOMECHOICE Cable VOD:
1657041127147.png

This marks the first release of these specials outside of Japan.

I'm a bit surprised Season 24 hasn't been released yet on Netflix in various countries (while 30 episodes are already available on Pokémon TV), when last year Season 23 had already been made available by early July.

I'm a bit surprised Season 24 hasn't been released yet on Netflix in various countries (while 30 episodes are already available on Pokémon TV), when last year Season 23 had already been made available by early July.
It'll most likely be September again like with the previous season.

Season 7 has been on Pokémon TV in Norway for a while now and I have continued watchin' it for the past few days. Yesterday I discovered that in the Norwegian dub, Wattson has a Danish accent, although it is slight and isn't that convincing.

It'll most likely be September again like with the previous season.
Wait, I was talking about Season 24 (Master Journeys), not Season 25 (which will indeed start probably airing in various TV channels around September like Master Journeys). Season 24 has already finished airing in my country, it's just not available on Netflix yet and I suppose that's the case in countries like the UK as well. Season 23 was added on Netflix in early July, while this year we're still waiting.

Fun fact, on the 7° episode of Pokémon Esplorazioni Super (Ultimate Journeys) they wronG the editing of the opening theme repeating some scenes and wrong al the timing.
I saved the video here is it:

I have seen throughout the Wiki pages that a given Pokémon is female in the Brazilian Portugese dub. The thing is, it’s the same thing for the European French one, and I’m sure it’s the same thing for all the main (I don’t know about the Romanian one) Romance dubs, maybe except for the Latin American one. What I mean by that is when I checked Ash’s Dragonite’s Trivia section, said Pokémon is considered female in Romance dubs (only the Romanian and Latin American ones aren’t mentioned). Thus, whenever a Pokémon is female in the Brazilian Portugese dub, it’s also the case at least in the European French dub.

It’s not a coincdence: in JN081, the Vanillite and the Frogadier from the commercial are females in both dubs. How do Script Translators know about a Pokémon’s gender, given that they’re based on the English one, where Pokémon are generally called "it"?

Back
Top Bottom