• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The introduction of brand new Pokemon - excited or indifferent?

Virbank Video

Reaction score
I've surprised myself recently. For a long time I've been excited about Gen VI - pretty much since completing White and Black - but I was always excited about it because of the possibility of R/S/E remakes. Until a couple of weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still massively in favour of Gen III remakes - but recently I realised that I'm actually more excited about being introduced to some brand new Pokemon.

This is strange for me because when the Gen II Pokemon were introduced I was like ''WHO ARE THESE IMPOSTERS?!'' and in actual fact my reaction was similar on the introduction of Gen III and Gen IV. It wasn't really until Gen V that my attitude towards new Pokemon changed from one of total indifference to genuine interest and excitement. Then, when I started making a real effort to complete the National Dex for the first time, this led to completing some of the older games again to catch certain Pokemon. Before I knew it, I had developed an appreciation for every last one of the 649.

What about you guys? Would you be happy going another couple of years without any brand new Pokemon (which would be the likely outcome if R/S/E remakes were made) or does the idea of anything from 50 to 150 brand new Pokemon make you giddy as a Pelipper?

I am always excited to see new Pokemon. They havent yet made everything they possibly can and still have a lot to draw from, so Id like to see them continue making Pokemon. There were a lot I liked in Gen 5 more than any other generation and I still dont know if I'll get to use all the Pokemon I like in that generation, because honestly there are so many. I love seeing the new designs they create and see if their art style has changed and such, it's one of the things keeping me into Pokemon.

I'm not excited because it's nothing out of the ordinary. Back with Gold / Silver it was exciting because suddenly there were new Pokémon (including the ones from the anime like Ho-Oh and Togepi which everyone wanted back in Generation I). But Generation II established the fact that all regions have different Pokémon and now when a new generation comes out then you just assume that there will be new Pokémon and you really think nothing of it.

I always get excited whenever they announce a new Pokemon, though I was kind of disappointed when Zoroark was announced, the later Gen 5 Pokemon were a different case. I'm always looking forward to every newer generation of the series.

i don't get too excited about it but i always like seeing a new cute legendary..so i get a little excited
i'm much more excited about what might be the next remake..i'm really hoping they remake pokemom yellow..and blue/red/green again..with the battle system from pokemon black but with the pokemon walking behind you like HG/SS

I'm always excited to see new mons, since I like to see their design and inspiration, as well as their stats and such. I'm always looking for a new favorite, hehe.

I think it's about time for some new blood in the Pokeline. GameFreak comes up with the coolest ideas and really uses them to their full potential. A new remake would be great, especially Yellow or R/S/E, but there is something about the anticipation of a new gen that keeps me interested. Gen V was initially disappointing for me (being a Gen I fanatic) but the potential for new ideas has not yet reached its peak.
Although I do think Game Freak should find some way to reach out to their fans and get their feedback. It would be a great way to ramp up business and even widen their demographic perhaps, seeing as their fans are only getting older.

It depends on what I see.

If I see a new Pokemon that happens to catch my eye or grab my attention--much like Palkia did in Gen IV--then I get very excited. If what I see is lackluster, I don't find myself caring until I do find something that can and does. I was originally indifferent to Gen V until all the sprites were revealed, then I found a Pokemon that grabbed my heart in its massive hands and refused to let go. After that, I got excited. Or rather, I got giddy.

Assuming they do make RSE remakes, I'll get excited for new Pokemon after those. My reasoning is that it's extremely unlikely that they're not making any new Pokemon, but with the remakes its pretty much now or never, unless they decide to wait until next generation which would be strange.

But of course I will get super excited about the introduction of new monsters. I mean, that's what the entire franchise revolves around. I wouldn't consider myself a diehard fan if I didn't get excited about the new possibilities.

Kind of more excited for new moves and abilties.

While new pokemon add some sell factor. I look forward to being able to maybe be able to use some of the old guys in a new way.

I'd be excited to evolved varients of Stunfisk or other less than useful pokemons.

Tbh I'd rather see effort go into individual species variables. Maybe long eared pikachu from mountains or grey farfetched from snowy area.

Totally excited, if for no other reason than to see which of my own ideas will now have to be scrapped or modified in order not to overlap with official species.

A mix of excitement and wary curiosity. Excited because it's always a great feeling; seeing new pokémon and knowing that the franchise is still alive and kicking, that new possibilities have just been opened, and that among this new brood I will probably find a few to add to my ever-growing collection of favorites. The latter because I didn't like a few of the earlier designs, and sometimes might even give me the impression that they're running out of ideas. Though I can't blame them, as obviously it is getting harder and harder to churn out these things without repeating a design concept, but I really don't want to see them mess up.

I would love to see both new Pokemon and R/S/E remakes. Because I lack a Gameboy, I have never been able to play the Gen III games.

I wasn't really into the video games, I liked watching the anime. Then when I got a DS I got into the video games. Haven't been keeping up with the video game news, though so sometimes it's hard to figure out what everyone's talking about... It was only when they revealed the BW starters that I got excited for the new Pokémon. Back then, I would've been indifferent but right now, post-BW, I'm really excited for any news of new Pokémon.

Indifferent at best. I'd be quite content if they stopped creating new Pokemon and focused on other elements that need improvement such as storyline,repetitiveness,linearity,character customization etc.
And as Gen.III Hoenn didn't really sit well for me,I'd love to see R/S/E remakes to give the region another chance.

Excited especially when it comes to there concepts as well as designs. I can't wait for Generation 6 to come out. I really don't want to spoil it this time for myself like I did with Diamond and Pearl and Black and White too.

As much as I am excited for an Emerald remake, I am sh****ng brix for Gen VI. I can't wait to see my new allies in a new game, but I am also pretty nervous about designs and stats. Hopefully it will be a step in the right direction.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom